Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,542 members, 7,819,927 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Obama Speaks Directly To All Nigerians - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama Speaks Directly To All Nigerians (46762 Views)

20 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Directly Or Indirectly Ventured Into Politics / Obama Speaks On Reason Why Nigerians Should Forget David Ccameron's / President Obama Speaks On Chibok Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Speaks Directly To All Nigerians by kenx1(m): 2:09pm On Mar 23, 2015
Abegiii na 2day undecided even if na Jesus or all the prophet dey address the nation, wetin wan happen go still happen
Re: Obama Speaks Directly To All Nigerians by vooks: 2:09pm On Mar 23, 2015
He does this to just about every other country on the continent that is on the brink of a precipice , so don't feel special. In fact, be ashamed

This to Kenya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgmVLJXS2x4

1 Like

Re: Obama Speaks Directly To All Nigerians by EbolaParasite: 2:10pm On Mar 23, 2015
edogirl2:

What Obama really really wanted to say but couldn't say for fear of accusation of interference in a democratic process is this:

1. Mr Jonathan, make sure this election hold.

2. No nonsense palava if you lose. Just quit. I am watching ya!

Story story. Watching who. If naija scatters, america will do nothing. We have nothing to offer them anymore. They will sit down and watch while everything goes hatwire. You people seem to forget it's this sane america that did business with our military dictators. Democracy this democracy that, yet they didnt cut off our military dictators. If you believe anything this american president says, I have 100 plots of land in banana island for sale for 100k only
Re: Obama Speaks Directly To All Nigerians by Gbawe: 2:10pm On Mar 23, 2015
dolapobello1:
While the speech is very eloquent, I find it a bit hypocritical of the US to claim to be a friend of Nigeria and assume a big brother stance, when it was very quick to desert us in time of need.

However, If I correctly understand Obama's subtle nuances, from 1:50-1:53 of the video, it seemed like he was encouraging voting for GEJ. He says, "By casting your ballot, you can help secure your nation's progress". Any contrary ideas?

How can Obama be encouraging voting for GEJ when he stated that Jonathan runs an "ineffective government" and Hilary Clinton openly calls GEJ corrupt any chance she gets? The USA has made it amply clear they want regime change in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Obama Speaks Directly To All Nigerians by Bitterleafsoup: 2:10pm On Mar 23, 2015
dolapobello1:
While the speech is very eloquent, I find it a bit hypocritical of the US to claim to be a friend of Nigeria and assume a big brother stance, when it was very quick to desert us in time of need.

However, If I correctly understand Obama's subtle nuances, from 1:50-1:53 of the video, it seemed like he was encouraging voting for GEJ. He says, "By casting your ballot, you can help secure your nation's progress". Any contrary ideas?
Enough said!
Re: Obama Speaks Directly To All Nigerians by JUNIT1(m): 2:10pm On Mar 23, 2015
Re: Obama Speaks Directly To All Nigerians by deehusby60: 2:11pm On Mar 23, 2015
What I heard that sweeten my heart from his speech was, "best sailing economy in Africa" GEJ carry GO until 2019 Joor!
Re: Obama Speaks Directly To All Nigerians by ololo12: 2:11pm On Mar 23, 2015
Hypocrisy and double standard at its best. The US doesn't give a Bleep about Nigeria!
Re: Obama Speaks Directly To All Nigerians by nairaarea: 2:11pm On Mar 23, 2015
Re: Obama Speaks Directly To All Nigerians by Kentrasso(f): 2:12pm On Mar 23, 2015
Obama is an orator.
I already know his style of speech. Always the same
Re: Obama Speaks Directly To All Nigerians by misssbee: 2:12pm On Mar 23, 2015
Obama words are full of wisdom and is left for us to listen or recourse to violent as usual
meanwhile,if you are interested in detoxifying your body system or your face is gradually getting acne and you want to refresh it as possible as just call these number 08133135373 for more enquiries

TO KEEP NIGERIA ONE IS A TASK THAT MUST BE DONE

Re: Obama Speaks Directly To All Nigerians by GBTYO: 2:13pm On Mar 23, 2015
Still reeling from his disgrace in the Isreali election
Re: Obama Speaks Directly To All Nigerians by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 23, 2015
By voting for Buhari, you are empowering Islamists and a Boko Haram nominee. Boko Haram and their sponsors will rejoice if Buhari wins, because their aim is achieved.

Vote for Goodluck Jonathan, that's what Obama meant when he said, Vote to secure your country's continuous growth.

1 Like

Re: Obama Speaks Directly To All Nigerians by ndcide(m): 2:14pm On Mar 23, 2015
Obama was not endorsing any candidate. some mofos want to twist it and latch on to a non existent endorsement.

1 Like

Re: Obama Speaks Directly To All Nigerians by EbolaParasite: 2:15pm On Mar 23, 2015
angelo82:
The message is simple.........If you want us to buy your oil then vote out this present government and if you don't say goodbye to American dollars......His message is not a joke and it seems they know a lot that we don't know about GEJ government........This election will be dramatic for Nigeria........
Are you on earth? America buy our oil? Where will they put it? America that has since cut their patronage of our oil. Our oil dont mean shit no more. America is producing more than enough oil nowadays. Why do you think oil price is falling? Oversupply. Naija oil dont mean shit to nobody no more. We lost the american dollars 2 years ago son

2 Likes

Re: Obama Speaks Directly To All Nigerians by nwaanambra1(m): 2:15pm On Mar 23, 2015
Goshen360:

I'm Goshen360 and I endorse your message of Change.

I, NWAANAMBRA1 ALSO CONCUR AND ENDORSE HIS MESSAGE OF CHANGE TOO! cool

2 Likes

Re: Obama Speaks Directly To All Nigerians by stevecantrell: 2:15pm On Mar 23, 2015
There's trouble on the horizon.

Obama doesn't just make speeches like this without a reason.

1 Like

Re: Obama Speaks Directly To All Nigerians by Bitterleafsoup: 2:16pm On Mar 23, 2015
Gbawe:

How can Obama be encouraging voting for GEJ when he stated that Jonathan runs an "ineffective government" and Hilary Clinton openly calls GEJ corrupt any chance she gets? The USA has made it amply clear they want regime change in Nigeria.
I am begging you and your cohorts please do not come here claiming the election is rigged all the way from abroad. We don't need you people starting violence and trying to install a dementia patient, controlled by a political troll with hot trash breath! Focus on Lizzy's election and don't even try to come here to make Nigerians fight. On the ground the reality is GMB will lose again and again and again!
Re: Obama Speaks Directly To All Nigerians by jaybee3(m): 2:16pm On Mar 23, 2015
dolapobello1:
"By casting your ballot, you can help secure your nation's progress". Any contrary ideas?
Democratic progress
A free and fair election coupled with no post election violence is tantamount to democratic progress.

2 Likes

Re: Obama Speaks Directly To All Nigerians by rebranded(m): 2:16pm On Mar 23, 2015
GEJ cannot win a free and fair election!

1 Like

Re: Obama Speaks Directly To All Nigerians by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 23, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
whoz obama undecided?

1) The POTUS.

2) The most important person in your life today, bar none.

3) He can eradicate you and your linage from the face of the earth with one push of a button.

That's who, buffon grin
Re: Obama Speaks Directly To All Nigerians by ghetto101(m): 2:17pm On Mar 23, 2015
Let's forget if they are friends or not but listen to what he said about achieving a peaceful election becos we are the one that stand to loose if anything go wrong.so let's help preach peace and also pray for that day.
thank you

dolapobello1:

Re: Obama Speaks Directly To All Nigerians by rastamouse: 2:18pm On Mar 23, 2015
dolapobello1:

Progress is not a byword for GEJ
Re: Obama Speaks Directly To All Nigerians by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 23, 2015
wa-re-fa jawe

Re: Obama Speaks Directly To All Nigerians by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 23, 2015
stevecantrell:

Don't worry, the sounds of drones and Huey's are soothing in the morning grin

2 Likes

Re: Obama Speaks Directly To All Nigerians by sammyj: 2:19pm On Mar 23, 2015
Nice speech from a competent leader.

SAI BABA ojare !!!

1 Like

Re: Obama Speaks Directly To All Nigerians by micrep3030(m): 2:20pm On Mar 23, 2015
Obama kws DAT gej is doing great
Re: Obama Speaks Directly To All Nigerians by Bitterleafsoup: 2:20pm On Mar 23, 2015
stevecantrell:

I agree with you on this one Steve, Nigeria has never had any support from Obama.

They stop buying oil when they use to buy a high percentage.

They refuse to sale us weapons, he did not stop in Nigeria during his tour, Hilary refuse to list BH as a terriost group, the cone head one with white hair said we should not bomb Boko Harem like that it is inhuman etc etc;

2 Likes

Re: Obama Speaks Directly To All Nigerians by Nobody: 2:20pm On Mar 23, 2015
I thought he was campaigning for buhari when he said "we need to bring back our girls" "we need to defeat boko haram"

dolapobello1:

Re: Obama Speaks Directly To All Nigerians by Nobody: 2:20pm On Mar 23, 2015
Bitterleafsoup:
I am begging you and your cohorts please do not come here claiming the election is rigged all the way from abroad. We don't need you people starting violence and trying to install a dementia patient, controlled by a political troll with hot trash breath! Focus on Lizzy's election and don't even try to come here to make Nigerians fight. On the ground the reality is GMB will lose again and again and again!

We don't need and have no cohorts. We're the USA for the love of God grin

But I know where you're coming from though since you couldn't get rid of Boko without ordinary Chad.

1 Like

Re: Obama Speaks Directly To All Nigerians by GBTYO: 2:21pm On Mar 23, 2015
Bastard
Re: Obama Speaks Directly To All Nigerians by Lucasbalo(m): 2:22pm On Mar 23, 2015
princeonx:
A real president speaking!
Gbam.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NRM Party Sues Peter Obi Over Honorary Citizenship Of Dallas / NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities / Femi Fani-Kayode On Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor, Nigerian Ambassador To USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.