Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,807 members, 7,956,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:15 PM

Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old (26186 Views)

How Aisha Buhari Welcomed Husband From UK Medical Leave (Video) / Shiek Ismail Mangu: Arrest Aisha Buhari Immediately Over Her BBC Interview / Abdulmumin Jibrin's First Wife, Laila Who Dumped Him After He Married A 2nd Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 27, 2015
Ishilove:
Thread cleaned and unlocked.

Please folks, be civil and don't break the rules any further because the kind of rubbish i.e derailing and abuse, that warranted the locking of this thread will not longer tolerated. Take note

LOL....You murdered my joy Ishilove! You've hidden 90% of the sweetest posts on this thread! Na wa oh! You 4 let yawa hammer who wake yawa for sleep nah LOL grin
Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by eaglechild: 9:05pm On Mar 27, 2015
leggo:

Liquor is your response to joining the army where you are a mere deployment away from grave danger? apples and groundnuts..
I'm not interested in the workings of a marriage , all I know is , a person who is 18 and above is legally capable of being in a conjugal union, except the he/she is mentally ill or coerced of course.

You started the comparisons.

14 year olds also do gymnastics which may put them in grave danger.

Such responsibilities are borne by the sole person who makes the decision.

The responsibility of marriage involves helpless children who also depend on the parents.
What kind of parent will an 18 year old widow of two children, or with a debilitated spouse make?
Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by eaglechild: 9:09pm On Mar 27, 2015
doubleDx:

What kind of uncertainties are you talking about? Grown ass men and women face problems in marriage too, so what uncertainty are you talking about here?...Maturity has nothing to do with age! My friend's younger sister in the UK graduated from the Uni at 20 and got married the same year...She's happily married to a 32 years old man that dated her for at least 2 years before they got married...So what's all these hypocrisies with our Nigerians, even the ones in diaspora? Smh!

Happiness in marriage like psychological maturity is not determined age!

Well a 20 year old lady in the UK has recourse to work and public funds as well as social services and can support a family in case of the loss of her spouse.
Besides she is past teenage age.

What does and 18 year old Nigerian widow have?

Your mind is focused on Aisha but i am talking about teenage marriage in general.
Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by Ishilove: 9:21pm On Mar 27, 2015
doubleDx:

LOL....You murdered my joy Ishilove! You've hidden 90% of the sweetest posts on this thread! Na wa oh! You 4 let yawa hammer who wake yawa for sleep nah LOL grin
The hidden comments were derailing comments
Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by leggo: 9:24pm On Mar 27, 2015
eaglechild:

The responsibility of marriage involves helpless children who also depend on the parents.
What kind of parent will an 18 year old widow of two children, or with a debilitated spouse make?
14 year olds are not classed as adults anywhere on earth so??
I will not support a 17 year old getting married , but once you attain the age of adulthood (18) whatever you do is your business... And honestly you should not be interested with what consenting adults do, unless you are God of course.

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by cKaiser: 10:22pm On Mar 27, 2015
eaglechild:

Well 18 year olds cannot buy liquor in virtually all states in the US.

What happens to a pregnant 18 year old secondary school leaver who loses her spouse vs a 25 year old graduate.

It is not just about physical maturity, but emotional, social and financial responsibilities that come with marriage.

So liquor is the judge?

In the US, an 18yr old can vote,
An 18yr old can carry arms and go to war
An 18yr old can face the death penalty
An 18yr old is tried is considered an adult
Most 18yr oldsare encouraged to leave home and go get their own apartment
As an 18yr old, You dont need ANY parental consent for any decision

That was why Prince Charles, A Man in his mid 30's married an 18yr old in the United Kindgom

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by laudate: 11:52pm On Mar 27, 2015
Gbawe:

No. This woman is far more famous and a lot more respected from the old school Nollywood crew. It is not her identity that matters, as I will never reveal who she is, but the fact that many young Nigerians women now have the wrong interpretation of life, like the slag Babywhoresisi, that makes them think a 'fulfilled life' is sleeping around with as many men as possible when you are young, while committing to no one, only for them to be looking down at the likes of Aisha Buhari who married early, and committed to one man, as 'victims' and mumus.

Today Aisha is fulfilled and very happy. She has achieved everything that makes life beautiful, fulfilling and rich. Yet this actress I am talking about, after spreading her azz around, had to desperately settle for a divorced man with many kids. They are still unsuccessful till now in their efforts to conceive. Whereas the ex-wife of the dude goes around saying this actress "broke" their home. All for what? Is that better than a woman who, as a 19 year old adult, committed to another adult and achieved everything beautiful in life i.e kids, family joy, professional fulfilment and the companionship of a man we see she loves and supports from how she is fighting his corner passionately today?

Hmmnn....have you met Babyosisi before in real life?? Where is there so much vile and venom in your post?

And for goodness sake, what part of Babyosisi's post make you believe that she thinks "...... a 'fulfilled life' is sleeping around with as many men as possible when you are young, while committing to no one, only for them to be looking down at the likes of Aisha Buhari who married early"?

People can make their points without tossing out unecessary insults and bile.

A woman who marries early is NOT superior to one who marries late. Life and chance happens to them all. And marrying early, has never been nor will never be the cure for promiscuity. I know several Northern women who married early and still cheated on their husbands. Others just got a divorce and jumped into the hands of the next available man in their area. SO what is the argument about?

My own take is this - a man that chooses to marry a woman who is younger than his first daughter or young enough to be his daughter needs help. He is either trying to recapture his lost youth, or does not place any value on the life and progress of women who are close to his daughters' age. sad

Someone mentioned Omotola Jalade Ekeinde as an example of a South-western woman who got married at 18. True, but her husband Matthew Ekeinde an airline captain was just 9-10 years older than her. They got married when Omotola was 18 and he was just 27 years old. undecided

It doesn't matter if it is Ojukwu or Buhari, both men are wrong on all counts to have married women that are their children's age.

Those in support of such practice, should give their own daughters out in marriage at the age of 18 years, if they feel so strongly about it.

Chikena!

4 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by Ishilove: 12:43am On Mar 28, 2015
laudate:

Hmmnn....have you met Babyosisi before in real life?? Where is there so much vile and venom in your post?

And for goodness sake, what part of Babyosisi's post make you believe that she thinks "...... a 'fulfilled life' is sleeping around with as many men as possible when you are young, while committing to no one, only for them to be looking down at the likes of Aisha Buhari who married early"?

People can make their points without tossing out unecessary insults and bile.

A woman who marries early is NOT superior to one who marries late. Life and chance happens to them all. And marrying early, has never been nor will never be the cure for promiscuity. I know several Northern women who married early and still cheated on their husbands. Others just got a divorce and jumped into the hands of the next available man in their area. SO what is the argument about?

My own take is this - a man that chooses to marry a woman who is younger than his first daughter or young enough to be his daughter needs help. He is either trying to recapture his lost youth, or does not place any value on the life and progress of women who are close to his daughters' age. sad

Someone mentioned Omotola Jalade Ekeinde as an example of a South-western woman who got married at 18. True, but her husband Matthew Ekeinde an airline captain was just 9-10 years older than her. They got married when Omotola was 18 and he was just 27 years old. undecided

It doesn't matter if it is Ojukwu or Buhari, both men are wrong on all counts to have married women that are their children's age.

Those in support of such practice, should give their own daughters out in marriage at the age of 18 years, if they feel so strongly about it.

Chikena!
Nice point

3 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by Ilekeh(f): 5:07am On Mar 29, 2015
eaglechild:

What kind of parent will YOU make?

Look at her family......... how beautiful they are.

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by Nobody: 5:13am On Mar 29, 2015
Una still dey argue grin
Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by Ilekeh(f): 5:17am On Mar 29, 2015
MalcoImX:

Baby Mama come see your mortuary attendant life. The Igbo culture is also a culprit but you have a myopia.
|
MARRIAGE AMONG THE IGBO OF NIGERIA (Taken from unpublished doctoral thesis submitted to Pontifical Urban University, Rome (1970) by Celestine A. Obi)

"The normal age is 25-28 for the man and from 14 to 18 for the girl. In some parts of Igbo land, child-marriage ( ldo-nkwu nwanyi, igudo- nwanyi) literally, bringing bride wine, staking bride claim, was practised. "Rich parents", says Basden, "often select a wife (or wives) for a son, while he is still a boy, he probably having no knowledge of the transaction ... This method of acquiring a wife is known as Nwunye-nwa-madu . It is a way of displaying well-to-do parentage". However this is rather very rare and must have fallen into desuetude since Basden wrote."
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/igbomarriage.html
See how Obi tried to deflect Basden towards the end. Amazing how even the Igbo academia couldn't escape the Baby Mama syndrome, – it may apply others but not the Igbo.
|
I will like to ask for the understanding of the Igbo progressives. You are a great people who've paid their dues. Whatever I've done here is not a stereotype but to show a bigot that she can be paid in her own coins.

NA WA O
Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by eaglechild: 11:23am On Mar 29, 2015
Ilekeh:

What kind of parent will YOU make?

Look at her family......... how beautiful they are.

I am not referring to Aisha Buhari in particular but to any 18 year old mother who could lose her spouse.
Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by laudate: 8:34pm On Mar 29, 2015
Ilekeh:
I must have unfollowed this thread grin
Funny how the mods "cleaned" the front page to salvage "babyhoesis" (as they call her) and her wrecked dignity.

Funny how women who marry early usually have sustaining nd lasting marriage.
At least Aisha is not pretending to us on NL.

Oh, exactly when did you conduct a census to arrive at this infantile conclusion that "women who marry early have sustaining nd lasting marriage"? shocked shocked

Who verified it? I have lived in the North and travelled extensively around that region where women marry at a relatively young age, and anyone who makes the kind of comment that you made above, is regarded as either being mischievous or simply being economical with facts.

Yes, those women get married early and what happens next? Many of their husbands marry 2nd, 3rd and 4th wives after them... that is if they are lucky not to be divorced within the next few years after marriage, in cases where their husbands have a roving eye. Only in very few cases, are the wives allowed to continue their education and develop themselves under their husbands roof.

The unlucky ones develop Vesico-Vaginal Fistula (VVF) with urine and wastes leaking uncontrollably from their bodies. In cases where their husbands do not divorce them, they abandon such women to their fate and marry another wife as a replacement. So where does the longevity of such marriages come from? sad

Ilekeh:
I must have unfollowed this thread grin

If an 18 years old is mature enough to marry, why is she not mature enough to choose her mate?

Who are you and the OP to judge her decision? The same decision that has given her a family with beautiful children and a loving husband?

If you need a problem to tame, focus on abusive marriage and boko haram.

YOU DO NOT HAVE A RIGHT TO TELL ANOTHER ADULT WHO THEY CAN OR CANNOT MARRY AS LONG AS THE CONSENSUAL SPOUSE IS OF MARRIAGEABLE AGE..

Please do not dabble into areas where you have little knowledge about. Who told you that Aisha chose Muhammadu Buhari? Bros, the culture in that region is that girls are married off by their family, to a particular suitor. The girls have little or no say in it! As a young girl, you dare not disobey the patriarchs of your family when such issues arise...unless you want to be disowned. cry

It is only among children of the rich in recent times (e.g. in the past 10 years) that such rules are gradually being relaxed and so-called 'love matches' where the male expresses a preference to marry a girl of his choice, are now being encouraged. undecided

Marriage is regarded as a way to forge alliances, gain acceptance or create ties with external parties, in many of those parts of the North. Love has very little to do with it. Unless you were present when Aisha met Buhari, and you were present when she confessed undying love to him during their initial meeting, which led her to 'choose' him when she was 18 years old , then this assertion you made up here is totally inaccurate, drafted in hypocrisy and riddled with conjecture. shocked
Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by Badassniggga(m): 11:56am On Apr 02, 2015
Ishilove or whosoever mod that banned me and hid my post must be...... I didn't insult anyone here to deserve a ban. My post was laced with truth, devoid of insults and abuses yet the mod banned me. That is a blatantly-biased judgement..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Why We Attacked Our Lawmakers In Funtua, Katsina - An Eye Witness / 2023: Ohanaeze, Others Name Amaechi, Umahi, Onu As Best Presidential Candidate / Defection: Why Umahi, Deputy May Lose At Appeal Court — Sagay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.