Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,194 members, 7,953,697 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:46 PM

Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old (26175 Views)

How Aisha Buhari Welcomed Husband From UK Medical Leave (Video) / Shiek Ismail Mangu: Arrest Aisha Buhari Immediately Over Her BBC Interview / Abdulmumin Jibrin's First Wife, Laila Who Dumped Him After He Married A 2nd Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by leggo: 6:02am On Mar 27, 2015
eaglechild:

An 18 year old is a teenager.

Should we encourage teenage marriage?

Please answer.

laws keep the society in check not morality... An 18 year old is not a minor, stop your mischief...

4 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by idu1(m): 6:49am On Mar 27, 2015
Mods why una no want put this for homepage?

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by emcaly001(m): 7:06am On Mar 27, 2015
Ralphlauren:

Kindly remind the old hag that Ojukwu was at Bianca's naming ceremony, he carried her and was even chosen as her godfather by Bianca's parents.

Ojukwu was a close friend and associate of Bianca's father.

nd Ojukwu is a model citizen?
Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 27, 2015
Sincerely, nothing wrong in marrying at 18 or 19 without much age difference. Women age faster. And most times make up can't hide the ageing that comes with late child birth.Imagine getting married to your mate and you begin to look like his mum. Better he looks like my father than I look like his mum.
I have friends and family members who are perfect example. It keeps the woman fit after child birth and gives her time to plan her life well. And yes,no room for 'dark past'.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by halldoran: 8:42am On Mar 27, 2015
eaglechild:

[s]Good i am glad about your views.

Check out the mean age at first marriage for females in the G7 and Scandinavia.

US 27

Japan 29.3

Germany 30.5

France 30

UK 30

Italy 30.6

Canada 29.1

Denmark 32.2

Sweden 33.1

Norway 31.3

Finland 30.9

While teenage marriage may not seem wrong to some.

It is a global cause of poverty and it is one of the strongest causes of almajiri system.

A girl child should have the requisite skill to reasonably cater for the family in the event of any unfortunate incident.

And at 18 that is not achievable.
[/s]

Lies

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by MalcoImX: 8:49am On Mar 27, 2015
babyosisi:
Which picture best depicts mr and mrs Buhari?
This is a WAEC Kweshon o
Pick carefully grin
Baby Mama come see your mortuary attendant life. The Igbo culture is also a culprit but you have a myopia.
|
MARRIAGE AMONG THE IGBO OF NIGERIA (Taken from unpublished doctoral thesis submitted to Pontifical Urban University, Rome (1970) by Celestine A. Obi)

"The normal age is 25-28 for the man and from 14 to 18 for the girl. In some parts of Igbo land, child-marriage ( ldo-nkwu nwanyi, igudo- nwanyi) literally, bringing bride wine, staking bride claim, was practised. "Rich parents", says Basden, "often select a wife (or wives) for a son, while he is still a boy, he probably having no knowledge of the transaction ... This method of acquiring a wife is known as Nwunye-nwa-madu . It is a way of displaying well-to-do parentage". However this is rather very rare and must have fallen into desuetude since Basden wrote."
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/igbomarriage.html
See how Obi tried to deflect Basden towards the end. Amazing how even the Igbo academia couldn't escape the Baby Mama syndrome, – it may apply others but not the Igbo.
|
I will like to ask for the understanding of the Igbo progressives. You are a great people who've paid their dues. Whatever I've done here is not a stereotype but to show a bigot that she can be paid in her own coins.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by reborn1: 8:51am On Mar 27, 2015
MalcoImX:

Baby Mama come see your mortuary attendant life. The Igbo culture is also a culprit but you have a myopia.
|
MARRIAGE AMONG THE IGBO OF NIGERIA (Taken from unpublished doctoral thesis submitted to Pontifical Urban University, Rome (1970) by Celestine A. Obi)

"The normal age is 25-28 for the man and from 14 to 18 for the girl. In some parts of Igbo land, child-marriage ( ldo-nkwu nwanyi, igudo- nwanyi) literally, bringing bride
wine, staking bride claim, was practised.
"Rich parents", says Basden, "often select a wife (or wives) for a son, while he is still a boy, he probably having no knowledge of the transaction ... This method of acquiring a wife is known as Nwunye-nwa-madu . It is a way of displaying well-to-do parentage". However this is rather very rare and must have fallen into desuetude since Basden wrote."
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/igbomarriage.html
See how Obi tried to deflect Basden. Amazing how even the Igbo academia couldn't escape the Baby Mama syndrome, – it may apply others but not the Igbo.
|
I will like to ask for the understanding of the Igbo progressives. You are a great people who've paid their dues. Whatever I've done here is not a stereotype but to show a bigot that she can be paid in her own coins.

Good reaearch. This thread deserve the FP.

6 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by Blazinraj01(f): 9:04am On Mar 27, 2015
Peppyluv:
Sincerely, nothing wrong in marrying at 18 or 19 without much age difference. Women age faster. And most times make up can't hide the ageing that comes with late child birth.Imagine getting married to your mate and you begin to look like his mum. Better he looks like my father than I look like his mum.
I have friends and family members who are perfect example. It keeps the woman fit after child birth and gives her time to plan her life well. And yes,no room for 'dark past'.
You just said my mind. With the rate of diseases plaguing the women folks, it is advised to have kids early so as to reduce the risk of these diseases.

4 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by biafranqueen: 9:48am On Mar 27, 2015
MalcoImX:
This thing is not a true Igbo. A true one won't denigrate the Ojukwu. You're an Osu/Wawaa.
Your not too bright. I don't support evil regardless of tribe Unlike you I will always speak truth and not just vomit nonsense for popularity.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Kwankwaso Meets With Students He Sponsored To Study In Edo University (photos) / ‘NDDC Spent N82bn On Condolences, DTA, COVID-19, Others In 5 Months’ / Ondo Government ‘deports’ 42 Northerners To Kano, Jigawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.