Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,866 members, 7,813,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? (57100 Views)

Man Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman In Bayelsa Caught Pants Down (Pics) / "Sex On The First Date Led To This For Me" -Recently Married Woman Reveals. PICS / My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by dissskirt: 9:42am On Mar 31, 2015
A two piece bikini is the same thing as bra and pant, the whole world can see most ladies in bikini, but it becomes an issue if the name is changed to bra and pant. Don't forget that he said she was half unclad, I would have had my reservations if she was totally unclad but in this case, I think it's still fair. That same woman can go out for a swim in a one piece bikini with multiple men whom are not blood related viewing and it would mean nothing.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by henribj(m): 9:48am On Mar 31, 2015
PunkyOh:

Dankie. And if you Google the word "cousin brother", you'll see that it is not only South Africans that use it, even though it's incorrect. We know it's incorrect but we still use it anyway, in our every day conversations. It's just one of those things.

we in 9ja also use it, i don't believe anyone here has said the use of it is wrong, what i believe they have said is that it should be used only in certain places and when communicating with certain people, it shouldn't be used everywhere.
correct me if am wrong, but i know am not.
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by journerman(m): 9:49am On Mar 31, 2015
Smooyis:

"know' and not 'no' please. Always take to correction so you can grow in life! No one is too big to be corrected.

Can you stop looking at people's mistake and stick to the subject of discourse. As you can see, while you were at it, you've just exposed your level of basic comprehension. there was nothing wrong with the statement you highlighted.
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by Am2Gud(m): 9:56am On Mar 31, 2015
Oga no go kill ursef oo
Notin rong wit dat, ma fam is even worst.....bsid we re 1blood we gat notin 2hide
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by PunkyOh(f): 9:56am On Mar 31, 2015
henribj:

we in 9ja also use it, i don't believe anyone here has said the use of it is wrong, what i believe they have said is that it should be used only in certain places and when communicating with certain people, it shouldn't be used everywhere.
correct me if am wrong, but i know am not.

And what's so wrong about using it here? Since when did everyone become so posh & articulate over here that I should check myself? No, no, no, not today!

I think I have enough brain cells to decide when & where to use certain words. I don't need unappointed PAs to give me reminders I don't care for.They can shove it!
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by tunex777: 9:57am On Mar 31, 2015
olola4:
It happened last Thursday when my brother-in-law came back from school because of the election. I was outside the house doing some stuff when I heard my wife and her brother arguing over a political matter.

After i finished with what I was doing I went inside the house to join in the discussion, and to my greatest surprise I saw my wife half naked.

Immediately I left the room and she followed me not knowing why I left the room like that. I explained to her that I didn't like it. To my greatest disappointment when my wife will reply me, she just said "it's nothing".

Please to my fellow nairalanders. I want to ask is it right? Because since that time I have been confused.
Maybe That is how they have been living b4 u marry your wife

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by DeRay98(m): 9:59am On Mar 31, 2015
samonom:
Take it easy, let her know dat she is Married now, some family are used to it. Talk with her she might ignore it first but later she at just.

THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE WAY TO GO ON THIS MATTER...
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by henribj(m): 10:12am On Mar 31, 2015
PunkyOh:

And what's so wrong about using it here? Since when did everyone become so posh & articulate over here that I should check myself? No, no, no, not today!

I think I have enough brain cells to decide when & where to use certain words. I don't need unappointed PAs to give me reminders I don't care for.They can shove it!

Alright young lady, you are entitled to your freedom of speech, keep exercising it.
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by Abee79(m): 10:20am On Mar 31, 2015
Am sure you wife's brother had seen A LOT (of you know what) . . . before you married her. Don't sweat yourself over her 'indiscretion'. If you are uncomfortable, talk to her about it. Let her know your concerns. She is your wife. I see no problem there.

Ehen!, back to politics . . . abeg, who is leading now?
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by overlord77: 10:21am On Mar 31, 2015
PunkyOh:

You got the point is all that matters to me. Bye.

Calm down joor, be like.say you dey quick vex. Lol
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by PunkyOh(f): 10:23am On Mar 31, 2015
henribj:

Alright young lady, you are entitled to your freedom of speech, keep exercising it.

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuup!
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by capip120(m): 10:23am On Mar 31, 2015
internetpirate:
Assuming it is your personal slang for your friends etc, do you think it's particularly intelligent/wise to use it in a public forum? Since you are so good in English and deliberately choose words at random! Part of English writing is the address to "audience" and one chooses words that are most appropriate to the audience. What you use for informal narratives is not the same with what you use for formal narratives!

Now, don't take this personal, but I just feel it's time to speak up on this growing trend on Nairaland! Someone writes atrocious English, and when corrected, the bandwagon descends on the critic, often suggesting that he/she should draw meaning from the mumbo-jumbo, instead of correcting the anomaly and setting a standard for intelligent discourse!

Why I am gravely worried by this trend is because I see it as a reflection of our Nigerian society where mediocrity, poor controls and lack of excellence are rife! We spend time chanting change, yet the change we truly need is a "mindset change"!!! Can we start aiming for the sky in all our endeavours?!!!
Can we start criticising our general performance through structured reviews so that lessons-learnt can reflect in improved performance

Cousin brother doesn't seem like a major faux pas (no matter how you try to burnish it!), but it is part of the canker worms that are eating at our national marrow!! My apologies my "cousin sister"!!

Ogbeni one bottle of Origin for you abegi.
That Punky of a girl is very pigheaded. Imagine "Cousin Brother" Gbagaun with ignorance. Teach am make she know, she thinks knowing how to speak English is same as writing it. Illiteracy at it's finest.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 31, 2015
kaima1984:
Do the asking n get back t me
Yes ma!
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by Osyxcel(m): 10:37am On Mar 31, 2015
softysparky:

Yes ma!

Nice song...
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by Nobody: 10:41am On Mar 31, 2015
internetpirate:
Assuming it is your personal slang for your friends etc, do you think it's particularly intelligent/wise to use it in a public forum? Since you are so good in English and deliberately choose words at random! Part of English writing is the address to "audience" and one chooses words that are most appropriate to the audience. What you use for informal narratives is not the same with what you use for formal narratives!

Now, don't take this personal, but I just feel it's time to speak up on this growing trend on Nairaland! Someone writes atrocious English, and when corrected, the bandwagon descends on the critic, often suggesting that he/she should draw meaning from the mumbo-jumbo, instead of correcting the anomaly and setting a standard for intelligent discourse!

Why I am gravely worried by this trend is because I see it as a reflection of our Nigerian society where mediocrity, poor controls and lack of excellence are rife! We spend time chanting change, yet the change we truly need is a "mindset change"!!! Can we start aiming for the sky in all our endeavours?!!!
Can we start criticising our general performance through structured reviews so that lessons-learnt can reflect in improved performance

Cousin brother doesn't seem like a major faux pas (no matter how you try to burnish it!), but it is part of the canker worms that are eating at our national marrow!! My apologies my "cousin sister"!!
grin grin grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 31, 2015
Osyxcel:

Nice song...
Thanks dearie.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by ukandi1(m): 10:48am On Mar 31, 2015
DickDastardly:
Its no big deal truely. Maybe thats how they grew up. Some families are like that. Just let her know you aint comfortable with that. Case closed! wink

it is a very big deal. No wonder incest is growing by d day in our society. We take for granted what shud not be taken for granted. Perhaps they may have had carnal knowledge of each other while growing up. Even twin( boy and girl) get seperated when grown up to avoid stories that touch.
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by ehis05(m): 10:48am On Mar 31, 2015
Its her brother oo not cousin or friend...there is absolutely nothing there...its nothing..dey lived under d same roof 4 yrs n she must hav been doin dat....no big deal at all...no reason am
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by Osyxcel(m): 10:49am On Mar 31, 2015
softysparky:

Thanks dearie.

You only took a hook, You should have taken a verse na
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by wealthywiseman: 10:49am On Mar 31, 2015
PunkyOh:

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuup!

Punky I think you are being unnecessarily strong headed. why not let it slide and accept that the phrase you used isn't particularly suited on this platform. However, I do accept that the phrase is well used in an informal group.
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by PunkyOh(f): 10:59am On Mar 31, 2015
wealthywiseman:

Punky I think you are being unnecessarily strong headed. why not let it slide and accept that the phrase you used isn't particularly suited on this platform. However, I do accept that the phrase is well used in an informal group.

And this place is the roundtable abi? Na election debate tins be this? LMFAO. "This platform" my foot! Ha!

This is not Mensa, at least I don't think it is, not when there's still people buzzing around, carrying IQs of a mosquito.
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by 2tek: 11:00am On Mar 31, 2015
Bro, this is not an English class but i'll like to obverse that it is wrong to say -take it personal. The corect version is - take it personally.
internetpirate:

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by tommysparks: 11:00am On Mar 31, 2015
PunkyOh:
It's wrong. No respect.

My cousin brother is two years younger but he'll get out of the house if anyone (female) is about to take a bath. In our culture privacy is very important, just like I can't just enter his room without knocking 1st.
it's male cousin or female cousin, not cousin brother or cousin sister. God bless
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by Daresh(f): 11:04am On Mar 31, 2015
olola4:
It happened last Thursday when my brother-in-law came back from school because of the election. I was outside the house doing some stuff when I heard my wife and her brother arguing over a political matter.

After i finished with what I was doing I went inside the house to join in the discussion, and to my greatest surprise I saw my wife half naked.

Immediately I left the room and she followed me not knowing why I left the room like that. I explained to her that I didn't like it. To my greatest disappointment when my wife will reply me, she just said "it's nothing".

Please to my fellow nairalanders. I want to ask is it right? Because since that time I have been confused.

Why are you making a big deal over nothing? Her brother? Na wah o!
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by stonecoldcafe: 11:07am On Mar 31, 2015
PunkyOh:

Dankie. And if you Google the word "cousin brother", you'll see that it is not only South Africans that use it, even though it's incorrect. We know it's incorrect but we still use it anyway, in our every day conversations. It's just one of those things.

Bit.ch let it go! It's been over flogged.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by PunkyOh(f): 11:09am On Mar 31, 2015
stonecoldcafe:

Bit.ch let it go! It's been over flogged.

Fùck you. Am I the one that keep bringing it up? I get a quote, I respond because I'm nice like that grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by Daresh(f): 11:10am On Mar 31, 2015
Ishilove:
It's no big deal to me. He's my brother, for God's sakes. What am I hiding from him that he hasn't seen since we were kids?

Help me o! MY brother that we slept on the same bed, bathed each other with piss on the said bed. We baffed together, lived together, held hands, laffed and grew up together for 25yrs. What is the big deal. Men of these days are just so jobless I swear
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by internetpirate: 11:11am On Mar 31, 2015
You are right! Thanks for the correction. Just so you know, it's "observe" not "obverse" and "correct" not "corect".

Have a great day!

2tek:
Bro, this is not an English class but i'll like to obverse that it is wrong to say -take it personal. The corect version is - take it personally.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by PunkyOh(f): 11:12am On Mar 31, 2015
tommysparks:
it's male cousin or female cousin, not cousin brother or cousin sister. God bless

Don't care!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by Ishilove: 11:12am On Mar 31, 2015
Daresh:

Help me o! MY brother that we slept on the same bed, bathed each other with piss on the said bed. We baffed together, lived together, held hands, laffed and grew up together for 25yrs. What is the big deal. Men of these days are just so jobless I swear
When we were little, we even shat together in the same toilet.

People can be very perverted.
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by kandiikane(m): 11:13am On Mar 31, 2015
PunkyOh:

I think these things depend on the family & of course culture. Where I'm from (South Africa) & with my people (Xhosa), age is very important. When a boy reaches a certain age, usually puberty, there are certain things or rules that are followed. As his sister, mother or whatever, you're supposed to give him some degree of respect since he is no longer a child. Meaning, you can't be parading naked infront of him & he is also expected to do the same. He should be dressed. It's a sign of respect according to the culture of the people.

So I was not wrong then in asking which culture as this is not practised all round and not all through south Africa. Did this come before or after the whites?
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 31, 2015
na wa for u ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Hospital Gave Family Wrong Baby Home, Called Family 10 Days Later For Exchange / A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) / "Mummy Calm Down" - Boy Negotiates His Way Out Of Beating By His Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.