Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? (57072 Views)

Man Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman In Bayelsa Caught Pants Down (Pics) / "Sex On The First Date Led To This For Me" -Recently Married Woman Reveals. PICS / My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by Fulaman198(m): 2:44am On Mar 31, 2015
Ermm it's his sister. High chance that a younger brother will NEVER see his sister in a lustful way. Just sees her as a sibling. Siblings aren't supposed to have those kind of feelings for each other. I certainly hope the OP doesn't think in that manner.
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by Nobody: 2:46am On Mar 31, 2015
Pesin ask una whether e ryt for him wife to dy dress before her brother and you guys are busy correcting eachother's English?Continue.

Op,after GMB is sworn in u can bring ya wife forth so that we may know if it's GEJ's cluelessness that has affected her also.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by cococandy(f): 2:46am On Mar 31, 2015
You give correction and the person no wan take am, no be to waka leave am? Correction Na by force? grin

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by Fulaman198(m): 2:53am On Mar 31, 2015
fsk1:
Pesin ask una whether e ryt for him wife to dy dress before her brother and you guys are busy correcting eachother's English?Continue.

Op,after GMB is sworn in u can bring ya wife forth so that we may know if it's GEJ's cluelessness that has affected her also.

ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL you just killed me
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by internetpirate: 2:59am On Mar 31, 2015
My guy, you're particularly dull! And so? What's wrong with "search for" excellence? To seek has several connotations which include "attempt to find something", "To try to locate or discover", "To endeavour to obtain or reach" etc. In this context, I meant that we should try to endeavour to obtain excellence!

The meaning of a word depends on the context in which it is used, mister. Stop highlighting your poor schooling. I actually thought you had something intelligent to say, and I was willing to learn, insult or not!

This is exactly what I was trying to highlight; instead of supporting my point to create a better society, you were rather searching for a weakness in my rendition to scratch your deep inferiority complex.

phabulux:

If you don't understand that 'seek' means 'search for', then, your hopelessness is indefensible.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by AmaechiLinus(m): 3:18am On Mar 31, 2015
let us pray 4 GEJ's win n leave dis useless post

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by korexdodo(m): 3:45am On Mar 31, 2015
internetpirate:
Assuming it is your personal slang for your friends etc, do you think it's particularly intelligent/wise to use it in a public forum? Since you are so good in English and deliberately choose words at random! Part of English writing is the address to "audience" and one chooses words that are most appropriate to the audience. What you use for informal narratives is not the same with what you use for formal narratives!

Now, don't take this personal, but I just feel it's time to speak up on this growing trend on Nairaland! Someone writes atrocious English, and when corrected, the bandwagon descends on the critic, often suggesting that he/she should draw meaning from the mumbo-jumbo, instead of correcting the anomaly and setting a standard for intelligent discourse!

Why I am gravely worried by this trend is because I see it as a reflection of our Nigerian society where mediocrity, poor controls and lack of excellence are rife! We spend time chanting change, yet the change we truly need is a "mindset change"!!! Can we start aiming for the sky in all our endeavours?!!!
Can we start criticising our general performance through structured reviews so that lessons-learnt can reflect in improved performance

Cousin brother doesn't seem like a major faux pas (no matter how you try to burnish it!), but it is part of the canker worms that are eating at our national marrow!! My apologies my "cousin sister"!!

pls Abegi that's the problem with you Nigerians, always treating the English language like it's a gold mine. Try travel out bro and see the world and how they regard their own language more than English.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by suwailad(f): 3:46am On Mar 31, 2015
domopps:
So no need of bringing your wife's unclothedness issue 2 Nairaland b4 some felas would start asking you for picture or they don't blv you!

some men are just plain dumb
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by osbornfotovideo: 3:56am On Mar 31, 2015
Bros How many rooms do you occupy? Is wrong.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by olola4(m): 4:03am On Mar 31, 2015
softysparky:

Maybe they use to live in a one room apartment.
No sis,we live in a 3 bed room flat
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by olola4(m): 4:03am On Mar 31, 2015
osbornfotovideo:
Bros How many rooms do you occupy? Is wrong.[color=#990000][/color]
Na 3 bed room flat bro
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by olola4(m): 4:05am On Mar 31, 2015
cococandy:
You give correction and the person no wan take am, no be to waka leave am? Correction Na by force? grin
I never tell u she is my GF,she is my wife I can't live her like that.
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by olola4(m): 4:08am On Mar 31, 2015
Fulaman198:
Ermm it's his sister. High chance that a younger brother will NEVER see his sister in a lustful way. Just sees her as a sibling. Siblings aren't supposed to have those kind of feelings for each other. I certainly hope the OP doesn't think in that manner.
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by olola4(m): 4:08am On Mar 31, 2015
Fulaman198:
am sure dey can't be having feelings for each other but I just don't like her dressing up in front of him.
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by mya1: 4:10am On Mar 31, 2015
Bluetooth2:

Read the write up again before commenting, please. The male here is the woman's brother !
You should read my comment again!

A woman has no business undressing in front of any MALE! Except he's her husband, lover or doctor!

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by olola4(m): 4:14am On Mar 31, 2015
GboyegaD:
I guess she doesn't see it as a big deal however, the brother should be sensible enough to excuse himself while she was dressing up.
dey both doesn't see anything bad in it
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by olola4(m): 4:16am On Mar 31, 2015
DickDastardly:
Its no big deal truely. Maybe thats how they grew up. Some families are like that. Just let her know you aint comfortable with that. Case closed! wink
BT d problem is DAT my wife is not trying to understand not to talk of correcting her self
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by Classicman47(m): 4:19am On Mar 31, 2015
Ishilove:
It's no big deal to me. He's my brother, for God's sakes. What am I hiding from him that he hasn't seen since we were kids?

yea but things change too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by NobleG1(m): 4:29am On Mar 31, 2015
olola4:
It happened last Thursday when my brother-in-law came back from school because of the election. I was outside the house doing some stuff when I heard my wife and her brother arguing over a political matter.

After i finished with what I was doing I went inside the house to join in the discussion, and to my greatest surprise I saw my wife half naked.

Immediately I left the room and she followed me not knowing why I left the room like that. I explained to her that I didn't like it. To my greatest disappointment when my wife will reply me, she just said "it's nothing".

Please to my fellow nairalanders. I want to ask is it right? Because since that time I have been confused.

There's no way it's right. Whether blood-related or not. In fact, a real brother will find it absolutely disgusting to see his sister or mum naked.

Make sure the guy is actually her brother because no brother who has an atom of decency in him would do that. He should have excused himself immediately sensing his sister needed some privacy.

Actually, there are things you may not believe that happens - sick sibblings who f*uck each other, uncles/aunts who f*uck their nieces/nephews, cousins who f*uck their cousins, husbands/wives who f*uck their In-laws, fathers/mothers who f*uck thier children's partners, I could go on and on, don't just get me started.

You must tell your woman to stop it.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by Classicman47(m): 4:36am On Mar 31, 2015
internetpirate:
Learn to take corrections! Constructive criticisms help develop intelligent people! It's appalling that you went through secondary school and can still say "cousin brother". Like she said, it's "cousin"; if you want to differentiate further, you can say "male cousin". Thanks for taking the correction!

well i see ur point but u guys need not go too hard. Nairaland is not as formal as u folks are making it out to be . And most of what we speak daily wether online or offline, is the Nigerian variant of the enlish language anyway, which is just as informal as can be.
The minute she says "cousin brother" i think everyone immediately got what she meant because that is what we are used to.
U did well by correcting her but there is no need to overflog this. Thanks

16 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by manny4life(m): 4:37am On Mar 31, 2015
Hmm, na wa o... simple question turned into session for English correction

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by Fxwarrior: 4:43am On Mar 31, 2015
Ishilove:
It's no big deal to me. He's my brother, for God's sakes. What am I hiding from him that he hasn't seen since we were kids?

Grow up.

Op is your wife from Akwa Ibom? They have such weird behaviours. Wait until she starts cuddling and kissing her brother and of course it means nothing to them as one told me.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by zudozz: 4:44am On Mar 31, 2015
incest!
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by internetpirate: 4:47am On Mar 31, 2015
Honestly, @Classicman47, you are very correct!! I have been on Nairaland for a while, and I have seen worse. I guess I corrected her in a fit of exasperation (when she refused to be corrected by someone else) and the argument went on till it went over the border.

No harm meant! I just felt we should get things in perspective, once in a while. The lady in question is obviously better than most. My apologies.

Classicman47:

well i see ur point but u guys need not go too hard. Nairaland is not as formal as u folks are making it out to be . And most of what we speak daily wether online or offline, is the Nigerian variant of the enlish language anyway, which is just as informal as can be.
The minute she says "cousin brother" i think everyone immediately got what she meant because that is what we are used to.
U did well by correcting her but there is no need to overflog this. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by Redoil: 4:50am On Mar 31, 2015
EroticAngelina:
no biggie. there are some families that are very close dat even the mother will be dressing infrnt of the kids.
op, wat are u scared of? that he'll steal her from u? he's her brother! nawa o.
you again? It is well.
How you dey?
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by cococandy(f): 4:52am On Mar 31, 2015
grin

Na your own come worse pass the lady the you were correcting.

Seek= search for or look for
Seek for= search for for/ look for for.
Repetition/tautology

Beware how you try to correct people on social media or public forums because someone else will come along and spot your own mistakes.

internetpirate:
My guy, you're particularly dull! And so? What's wrong with "search for" excellence? To seek has several connotations which include "attempt to find something", "To try to locate or discover", "To endeavour to obtain or reach" etc. In this context, I meant that we should try to endeavour to obtain excellence!

The meaning of a word depends on the context in which it is used, mister. Stop highlighting your poor schooling. I actually thought you had something intelligent to say, and I was willing to learn, insult or not!

This is exactly what I was trying to highlight; instead of supporting my point to create a better society, you were rather searching for a weakness in my rendition to scratch your deep inferiority complex.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by cococandy(f): 4:54am On Mar 31, 2015
olola4:
I never tell u she is my GF,she is my wife I can't live her like that.
not you Oga cheesy
I already commented on your post before

That one was for the English teachers abi teachers of English (before dem go begin correct me too).
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by ladyamabel: 4:55am On Mar 31, 2015
It's no big deal. I do it sometimes when I'm in a hurry and my hubby is not bothered. Thou my younger broda do well to xcuse me most tyms.
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by Classicman47(m): 4:57am On Mar 31, 2015
internetpirate:
Now, I will interject for the last time, and thereafter leave you to your folly! Essentially, the meaning of a word depends on the context in which it is used; however, words are used to reflect a meaning that is clear to the target audience! Other than that, you'd be rambling. An example is the word "gay"; this word actually meant "to be happy and joyous", but in an urban dictionary, it means to be a homosexual. So, if you say "I am feeling gay today" in 1920, you'd be conveying a pleasant image, but if you say you are feeling gay in 2015, your guess is as good as mine! Words are not just used for their face value or meaning!

In Nigerian urban english, there are some acceptable uses of words, and if that fails, please speak or write pidgin. I for one, believe that we should adopt pidgin as our lingua franca, because we all can speak it, it is rich, very descriptive and has a national spread of meaning.

Usuality is an archaic word, and not in common use. Thou art in motions that beggeth belief! (I hope you know all these are English words, and can be checked up too?)

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by ben1daEbiri(m): 4:58am On Mar 31, 2015
domopps:
Op no need to be scared now! Afterall it's her Bro and not yours I even wonder what you would have done if it were to be your own brother!

And According to you he doesn't stay with you guys! So no need of bringing your wife's unclothedness issue 2 Nairaland b4 some felas would start asking you for picture or they don't blv you!

But let her no that you are not just okay with the idea and she shld just note that! And which shld died there and then!

Wish you success in your home!

Team peace

Cheeers
grin
domopps:
Op no need to be scared now! Afterall it's her Bro and not yours I even wonder what you would have done if it were to be your own brother!

And According to you he doesn't stay with you guys! So no need of bringing your wife's unclothedness issue 2 Nairaland b4 some felas would start asking you for picture or they don't blv you!

But let her no that you are not just okay with the idea and she shld just note that! And which shld died there and then!

Wish you success in your home!

Team peace

Cheeers
picture or idonbiliveit!
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by Odunharry(m): 5:06am On Mar 31, 2015
Ishilove:
true talk ....a thousand likes for you..

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by Nobody: 5:08am On Mar 31, 2015
PunkyOh:

LOL, I know what a male cousin is & no I won't take correction for a word I chose deliberately. My English is flawless. Thank you.
No your English is not flawless angry Learn to take corrections

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Posters Warning A Husband Snatcher In Enugu Flood The Streets / UK: Mum Dies Suddenly While Cuddling Her Baby Girl, Leaving Doctors Baffled(Pix) / A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.