Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet (80116 Views)

Buhari's Cabinet Shake-up: My Candid Recommendations For Sack / At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay / The Indigenous Ethnic Composition Of Lagos (1911-1950) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by gateleo(m): 5:05pm On Apr 01, 2015
Rotimi Fashakin should be included in that list too....
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Ayanko(m): 5:06pm On Apr 01, 2015
cuteboy2:
For all practical purposes, even though the results are still being collated, I am deeply convinced that General Buhari will win this election by a very comfortable margin.

It is also my believe that President Jonathan will graciously concede defeat in a very mature and rancour free manner. He will not contest the results in court even though his acolytes and party men will stridently want him to. I believe, GEJ does not want to leave office looking like a sore loser.

Having said all these, it is safe to say that the 2015 Presidential Elections has been won and lost.

The elections are over!!!

What then will be the likely composition of General Buhari's cabinet? From keen observations of Buhari's campaign organisation, Buhari's utterances during the campaigns, and the actions and activities of various key actors in Gen Buhari's camp, I believe the following will either be in his cabinet or play key roles in his government.

It is obvious from Buhari's utterances during the campaigns that he will run a government whose policy direction and key economic decisions will be dictated by " a team". He kept harping on this.

The possible names are:

• Dr Kayode Fayemi (former governor of Ekiti State)
• Senator Olorunimbe Mamora (he vacated his senate seat for Remi Tinubu, Sen Tinubu's wife)
• Gov Raji Babatunde Fashola
• Abike Dabiri (former member House of Representatives)
• Baba Ahmed (former Ambassador, and former INEC Secretary)
• Gov Rotimi Amaechi
• Gov Rabiu Musa Kwankwanso (he is contesting a senatorial seat, but could likely accept a cabinet post)
• Prince Tonye Princewill (LP governorship candidate in Rivers State)
• Ben Akubueze (former MD NAL Merchant Bank, and Hon Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget in Lagos State)
• Dr Adesina Akinwumi (Minister of Agriculture in Jonathan’s cabinet)
• Dr Chris Ngige (senator, and former governor of Anambra State)
• Oby Ezekwesili
This is my concern, it will always be former this former that. The same old wine in a new jug, what I want is a new wine in a new jug.

2 Likes

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by kristisking(m): 5:07pm On Apr 01, 2015
Nigerian piliticians fighting for their pockets since time immemorial.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by chatterly: 5:08pm On Apr 01, 2015
[quote author=baby124 post=32225872]Fashola - Works
Ezekwesili - Dora's former position/ communication
Amaechi - aviation / NDDC
Attorney General - Falana
Defense - captain Koli cheesy
Health. - Fayemi
ROchas - information

Ojerinde - education
Finance - Sarah Alade[/quote
Ojerinde is a big no no.people that know will tell u.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 01, 2015
arewafederation:
Nobody mentioned Rt Hon. Rotimi Amaechi.... angry

I would like him to double as Chief of staff and EFCC boss grin.

what is wrong with you nigerians. Amaechi as efcc boss? A criminal as efcc boss?

Is this the change?
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by ibrokola(m): 5:08pm On Apr 01, 2015
arewafederation:
Nobody mentioned Rt Hon. Rotimi Amaechi.... angry

I would like him to double as Chief of staff and EFCC boss grin.

Jega for EFCC Boss
Amaechi as Chief of Staff
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 01, 2015
baby124:
Fashola - Works
Ezekwesili - Dora's former position/ communication
Amaechi - aviation / NDDC
Attorney General - Falana
Defense - captain Koli cheesy
Health. - Fayemi
ROchas - information

Ojerinde - education
Finance - Sarah Alade

``Fashola - Works`` so that tinubu will make triple the contract sum as his handout? We want change but not this kind o.
Haba!!!
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 01, 2015
blank:

Even Fashola won't be able to solve the rot that is the power sector. We, Nigerians, are the issue. Except he is ready to pull out everything and start from scratch without Nigerians, I don't see him making any appreciable impact.
Hmmm! I like this but please can you expatiate on how Nigerians are the problems?
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 01, 2015
Ayanko:
This is my concern, it will always be former this former that. The same old wine in a new jug, what I want is a new wine in a new jug.
sensible one!
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by dharamanil(m): 5:15pm On Apr 01, 2015
I for one don't care who he appoints.... But my advise is that the way of appointment should be based on ethnic balancing and also based on those who knows what to do.... It shouldn't be pay back time to pdp but change time for Nigeria
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Besto(m): 5:16pm On Apr 01, 2015
toprealman:
SEND DEZIE AND OKONJI TO PRISON FAST.
59 000 likes

okonjo>>>>halting ex servicemen pensioners gratitudes since 1700bc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Franchise21(m): 5:17pm On Apr 01, 2015
cuteboy2:

Okonjo-Iweala and Allison Madueke can never be in Buhari's government. Haba, bros!! How is that one is even possible?

Fashola will definitely play a key role in Buhari's. For him, I will even hazard a guess that he will be the Secretary to Federal Government (SGF)
M giving SGF to Amaechi n Chief Justice to Fashola
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by ibnjarir93(m): 5:19pm On Apr 01, 2015
cuteboy2:
For all practical purposes, even though the results are still being collated, I am deeply convinced that General Buhari will win this election by a very comfortable margin.

It is also my believe that President Jonathan will graciously concede defeat in a very mature and rancour free manner. He will not contest the results in court even though his acolytes and party men will stridently want him to. I believe, GEJ does not want to leave office looking like a sore loser.

Having said all these, it is safe to say that the 2015 Presidential Elections has been won and lost.

What then will be the likely composition of General Buhari's cabinet? From keen observations of Buhari's campaign organisation, Buhari's utterances during the campaigns, and the actions and activities of various key actors in Gen Buhari's camp, I believe the following will either be in his cabinet or play key roles in his government.

It is obvious from Buhari's utterances during the campaigns that he will run a government whose policy direction and key economic decisions will be dictated by " a team". He kept harping on this.

The possible names are:

• Senator Olorunimbe Mamora (he vacated his senate seat for Remi Tinubu, Sen Tinubu's wife)
• Gov Rotimi Amaechi
• Gov Rabiu Musa Kwankwanso (he is contesting a senatorial seat, but could likely accept a cabinet post)
• Ben Akubueze (former MD NAL Merchant Bank, and Hon Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget in Lagos State)
• Oby Ezekwesili
Sam Ndah Isiah, Dr Hakeem Baba Ahmed.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:20pm On Apr 01, 2015
tunex23:
I just need this 5 People there and am satisfied!
1. Fashola
2. abike Dabiri
3. Pat utomi Ngige
4. Oby
5. Kayode Saraki

Your head dey there!
the amended is my preferred line up though.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by ooshinibos: 5:20pm On Apr 01, 2015
YoursGEJ:
Abeg who don see Oressmusanctus, Chukwudi44, temitemi and Barcanista. Their mama dey find dem abeg. Please help us find these children
they have left the country ..they were hardened GEJ TILL 2044 loyalist ...

2 Likes

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Blitz888(m): 5:20pm On Apr 01, 2015
tunex23:
1. Fashola
2. abike Dabiri
3. Pat utomi
4. Oby
5. Kayode
Please add Prof Chukwuma Soludo
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Brimmie(m): 5:24pm On Apr 01, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
1. Kayode Fayemi - Foreign Affairs.
2. Olagunsoye Oyinlola - Defence.
3. Babatunde Fashola - Works.
4. Rotimi Amaechi - Information.
5. Abike Dabiri - Women Affairs.
6. Chris Ngige - Health.
7. Pat Utomi - CBN Governor.

Noooo!! You must be kidding bro. Though, I want someone with Military BG to be the Defence Minister, not someone like Oyinlola.

Fashola should be given Works, Power and Justice combined!! cheesy
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by iluvweed(m): 5:24pm On Apr 01, 2015
BABA HIMSELF FOR MINISTER OF POWER...................ABEEEEEG!.......... grin

NO MORE FLAT HEADS IN THE MINISTRY ABEEEEG.................... grin
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by JUBILEE2000: 5:26pm On Apr 01, 2015
cuteboy2:

The possible names are:

• Gov Rotimi Amaechi
• Oby Ezekwesili

Pat Utomi should also be on the list as the co-ordinating minister of the economy
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Brimmie(m): 5:26pm On Apr 01, 2015
Amaechi should be given Niger-Delta Affairs. cheesy
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Chinom(m): 5:30pm On Apr 01, 2015
raumdeuter:
Ngige - Health

Utomi - Finance

Akinwumi - Agriculture

Fashola = Power

Oshiomole - Works

Petroleum - Tonye Princewill

Niger-Delta - Amaechi

Information - Dabiri

Foreign affairs - Fayemi

Wishful thinking !. Dream on. No single Northerner in your key ministerial posts distribution. Buhari received massive votes from the North. The only sure banker in Buhari's cabinet is Fashola. He may get SGF or power. He may opt not to appoint known politicians and go for pure technocrats.

I would like to see Pat Utomi handle the economy or CBN.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Sagamite(m): 5:32pm On Apr 01, 2015
I would like to see the following:

• Dr Kayode Fayemi - Minister of Defence
• Gov Raji Babatunde Fashola - Nigerian Attorney General and Minister of Justice
• Gov Rotimi Amaechi - Minister of FCT
• Ben Akubueze - Minister of Finance
• Dr Adesina Akinwumi - retain this genius (Minister of Agriculture in Jonathan’s cabinet)
• Dr Chris Ngige - Minister of Health
• Oby Ezekwesili - Minister of Petroleum
• Mohammed Lai - Minister of Information
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Tunjasko(m): 5:32pm On Apr 01, 2015
Amaechi - SSG
Fayemi
Mamora
Abike Dabiri - Information
Ezekwizili
Ngige
Onu Ogbonnaya
Akeredolu
etc.....
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Babzrockman: 5:33pm On Apr 01, 2015
My suggestion of the possible cabinet include the followings:

Fashola - Min. Of works or Justice
Fayemi - Min of Justice or works
Oby - Min of Finance
Amaechi - SGF or Min of Info
Dabiri - Min of Information
Oshiomole - Min of Labour
El- Rufai - Back to FCT Minister or Works
Bello Masari - Interior Minister
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by deependemocracy: 5:34pm On Apr 01, 2015
No corrupt person will be appointed into my Government.
They will declare their asset.-GMB
We are watching and will hold you to your words
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by ZUBY77(m): 5:35pm On Apr 01, 2015
Same old criminals..... And they shouted for change.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by armadeo(m): 5:36pm On Apr 01, 2015
cuteboy2:

Okonjo-Iweala and Allison Madueke can never be in Buhari's government. Haba, bros!! How is that one is even possible?

Fashola will definitely play a key role in Buhari's. For him, I will even hazard a guess that he will be the Secretary to Federal Government (SGF)

That's not possible at least not in Nigeria of now. Note that the incoming VP is a Yoruba man then ssg another Yoruba man. Not gonna happen.

The SSH would wither be from the east or south south. Most likely ameachi if he doesn't get petroleum ministry.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Ghost01(m): 5:38pm On Apr 01, 2015
Will like to see Kayode Fayemi, Barth Nnaji, Akinwumi Adesina, Hakeem Baba-Ahmed, Oby Ezekwensili, Babatunde Fashola, and the likes in the cabinet.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 01, 2015
UAE used to be dependent on crude oil in 90s, and look at them now, they are NOT dependent on oil. All we need are creative and honest men in govt that can look inward to see how to generate revenue from other areas. After that Niger-Delta can go and drink their oil!

revolt:
I don't understand why ppl don't get it! I need to see what miracle,will turn naija around in nearest future wen we hve no viable sector except US decides to start buying our oil again. Then how do we now start battling the rampaging militant who want resource control.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by maxwell530(m): 5:39pm On Apr 01, 2015
tunex23:
1. Fashola
2. abike Dabiri
3. Pat utomi
4. Oby
5. Kayode
pls bro,which kayode? Hope is not kayode fayemi?
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by bushdoctor99: 5:40pm On Apr 01, 2015
Why doesn't the Igbo man deserve to be in Buhari's government. Isn't the Igbo man a Nigerian? I hate tribalistic comment such as yours.

arewafederation:

Does the Igbo man not deserve to be in Buhari's government?

1 Like

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by stan241(m): 5:40pm On Apr 01, 2015
Keneking:
Ok

1. Dakuku Peterside (Petroleum and Gas), in case he loses on 11.04.2015

2. Amaechi - APC National Chairman

3. Power - Prof Bart

4. Information - Mohammed Lai

5. Defence - General Dambazzu

6. Justice - Fashola

7. Foreign Affairs - Prof Osinbajo ( Vice President)

8. Agriculture - Dr. Ngige

9. Works and Infrastructure - still thinking
professor Barth Nnaji minister of power that's all that's the most important post, always wondered why GEJ chased him away

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photo Of Winners Chapel 'Bomb' On Alibaba.com: Found With Nathaniel Samuel / Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) / Buhari Reacts To Emergence Of Speaker, Senate President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.