Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet (80114 Views)

Buhari's Cabinet Shake-up: My Candid Recommendations For Sack / At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay / The Indigenous Ethnic Composition Of Lagos (1911-1950) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by jaybee3(m): 5:41pm On Apr 01, 2015
Are these people being mentioned the best we can produce as a nation of over 160M+?
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by cliper230(m): 5:43pm On Apr 01, 2015
Would love to see likes of pat utomi and chukwuma soludo to run the economy of the country they are pure brains...and amaechi as chief of staff and Dr chris as minister for health and onu as sec to the state
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by youngalex(m): 5:46pm On Apr 01, 2015
Is quite unfortunate we(PDP) lost,all the same I will still play an advisory roiole if need be to move Nigeria forward..For the political appointees I see more ministers from "Northern Extraction" with Ngige-Health,Fashola-SGF,Amaechi-Interior Minister,Rochas-Special Duties,CBN Gov-North,Finance Minister-North,Dr.Adesina-Agric(Dis Guy Good)...Asiwaju Tinubu will surely nominate for various boards of federal parastatals and Agencies cos he is the architect of this victory APC is enjoying @ the moment
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by JosephPhilip: 5:46pm On Apr 01, 2015
Let's wait and see.

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by GentleToks(m): 5:50pm On Apr 01, 2015
arewafederation:
Nobody mentioned Rt Hon. Rotimi Amaechi.... angry

I would like him to double as Chief of staff and EFCC boss grin.

>: grin grin grin grin!!!! You are very wicked oooo. Rotimi Amaechi as EFCC Chairman

Patience Jonathan, Nnamdi Azikiwe Gudluck Jonathan and Wike ll not spend one day outside prison during his reign as EFCC chairman

2 Likes

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by netmillionaires(m): 5:50pm On Apr 01, 2015
raumdeuter:
Ngige - Health

Utomi - Finance

Akinwumi - Agriculture

Fashola = Power

Oshiomole - Works

Petroleum - Tonye Princewill

Niger-Delta - Amaechi

Information - Dabiri

Foreign affairs - Fayemi
all una recommendation make sense but d thing b say una leave northerners out of the posts. I know ethnic shouldn't count here but performance. But don't u think some people will start shouting of marginalization? D North too should send the brains amongst them. Na brains we want this time and not brawns. We need people who wil start to fire from all cylinders right from the word GO. We shall get there soon.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Chinom(m): 5:50pm On Apr 01, 2015
[b][/b]
stan241:
[b]professor Barth Nnaji [/b]minister of power that's all that's the most important post, always wondered why GEJ chased him away

Very good suggestion. We need people like him in the power ministry.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 01, 2015
toprealman:
SEND DEZIE AND OKONJI TO PRISON FAST.

LIFE IMPRISONMENT

1 Like

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by stan241(m): 5:52pm On Apr 01, 2015
Chinom:
[b][/b]

I know power improved massively when he was minister of power..another one of the weird things that happened under the last regime
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 01, 2015
I strongly think JEGA should hold a substantial position I love his intelligence... and Nigeria needs new people that are intelligent and smart.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by bakila: 5:54pm On Apr 01, 2015
Texcoco:
Tribally Lopsided god father induced list that can only spell trouble for the Nation....especially with dark economic days and the drastic fall of crude oil output ahead...What is the use having a supposed brilliant SGF when there is no crude oil to recover your campaign investments,loot or run the country?
Hahahhaaaha the opposition has resumed in office. There is a difference between a spoilt child and a determined child. the other will have money and self destruct the other will have very little and achieve despite the odds. The days of Ministers children posting selfie of ill-gotten wealth is over. The days of asking how much did someone steal of public funds is over. If Buhari cannot do so we will help him do that.
Thank you.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by GentleToks(m): 5:54pm On Apr 01, 2015
cuteboy2:

I definitely thought about these two. I have my reservations about Utomi on account of how he ran Volkswagen of Nigeria (VON) aground. As a member of the economic team, yes since he understands the underlying currents of Political-Economy purely from theoretical perspective. I believe he also has high level of personal integrity.

Bros, forget Pat Utomi; that guy naturally belong to class.

You forget to mention BANK PHB....
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 01, 2015
fonzie2u:
Include tonye princewill of LP that guy is brilliant, yes party men will reap their efforts but we also need brains

Gos forbid!
Toney Peincewill is anti GMB
He was criticizing GMB and Apc on Radio.
He publicly told people to vote GEJ.
Forget this guy, na theorist
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by GentleToks(m): 6:00pm On Apr 01, 2015
blank:

Even Fashola won't be able to solve the rot that is the power sector. We, Nigerians, are the issue. Except he is ready to pull out everything and start from scratch without Nigerians, I don't see him making any appreciable impact.

You are right my friend. I remember how determined Chief Bola Ige was when he was chose by Obasanjo to lead Power ministry but as soon as he settles down in office, d enemies within started shooting at him
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by netmillionaires(m): 6:00pm On Apr 01, 2015
Chinom:
[b][/b]

Ooohhhh! Abeg a round of applause for that guy. Your head dey there.... Professor Barth Nnaji... That man wey make electricity make sense for us when he dey minister of power only for him to re stylishly sacked citing conflict of interest when dem wan privatise PHCN... That man need to come back and finish what he started.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 01, 2015
We need soludo, Utomi and fashola desperately in the new govt

Abike dabiri cannot handle information portfolio, by the time GMB starts with austerity measures, the pressure to defend such will be heavy on her.

Let the technocrats handle administrative portfolios,while the party faithfuls get ceremonial roles.

We need to stop income leakages,and reduce over head expense. Govt should sell those jets, reduce estacode. Roles like minister of state for finance, min of state defence b abolished

1 Like

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by madmanmega(m): 6:05pm On Apr 01, 2015
He should not just remove all the former guys. Deziani et al. They have to remain and sort out and undo all the damage before they are let go. A new appointee will not necessarily be able to navigate the changes they might have made. So they should remain for a while under strict supervision.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by mbulela: 6:06pm On Apr 01, 2015
cuteboy2:
For all practical purposes, even though the results are still being collated, I am deeply convinced that General Buhari will win this election by a very comfortable margin.

It is also my believe that President Jonathan will graciously concede defeat in a very mature and rancour free manner. He will not contest the results in court even though his acolytes and party men will stridently want him to. I believe, GEJ does not want to leave office looking like a sore loser.

Having said all these, it is safe to say that the 2015 Presidential Elections has been won and lost.

The elections are over!!!

What then will be the likely composition of General Buhari's cabinet? From keen observations of Buhari's campaign organisation, Buhari's utterances during the campaigns, and the actions and activities of various key actors in Gen Buhari's camp, I believe the following will either be in his cabinet or play key roles in his government.

It is obvious from Buhari's utterances during the campaigns that he will run a government whose policy direction and key economic decisions will be dictated by " a team". He kept harping on this.

The possible names are:

• Dr Kayode Fayemi (former governor of Ekiti State)
• Senator Olorunimbe Mamora (he vacated his senate seat for Remi Tinubu, Sen Tinubu's wife)
• Gov Raji Babatunde Fashola
• Abike Dabiri (former member House of Representatives)
• Baba Ahmed (former Ambassador, and former INEC Secretary)
• Gov Rotimi Amaechi
• Gov Rabiu Musa Kwankwanso (he is contesting a senatorial seat, but could likely accept a cabinet post)
• Prince Tonye Princewill (LP governorship candidate in Rivers State)
• Ben Akubueze (former MD NAL Merchant Bank, and Hon Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget in Lagos State)
• Dr Adesina Akinwumi (Minister of Agriculture in Jonathan’s cabinet)
• Dr Chris Ngige (senator, and former governor of Anambra State)
• Oby Ezekwesili

How did Tonye Princewill get into this list?
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 01, 2015
kenonze:

Gos forbid!
Toney Peincewill is anti GMB
He was criticizing GMB and Apc on Radio.
He publicly told people to vote GEJ.
Forget this guy, na theorist

My bro, election has been won and lost, GMB has promised an all inclusive govt.if he is offered a role and he rejects it,then we forge ahead.

We have brains in this country that wll enable us prepare in times of austerity.

Make EFCc independent and bare it fangs
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by xlnc2324: 6:07pm On Apr 01, 2015
Texcoco:
Tribally Lopsided god father induced list that can only spell trouble for the Nation....especially with dark economic days and the drastic fall of crude oil output ahead...What is the use having a supposed brilliant SGF when there is no crude oil to recover your campaign investments,loot or run the country?
[size=18pt]Guy why did you have to change your user name? 'Ichidodo' is 'Texcoco'.
No sportmanship in you, neither you're are true democrat. Because you don't want to accept and congratulate president Mohammadu Ikechukwu Ilufemiloye, you resulted to changing your moniker. You can only run but can't hide.[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by emilitus: 6:08pm On Apr 01, 2015
cuteboy2:
For all practical purposes, even though the results are still being collated, I am deeply convinced that General Buhari will win this election by a very comfortable margin.

It is also my believe that President Jonathan will graciously concede defeat in a very mature and rancour free manner. He will not contest the results in court even though his acolytes and party men will stridently want him to. I believe, GEJ does not want to leave office looking like a sore loser.

Having said all these, it is safe to say that the 2015 Presidential Elections has been won and lost.

The elections are over!!!

What then will be the likely composition of General Buhari's cabinet? From keen observations of Buhari's campaign organisation, Buhari's utterances during the campaigns, and the actions and activities of various key actors in Gen Buhari's camp, I believe the following will either be in his cabinet or play key roles in his government.

It is obvious from Buhari's utterances during the campaigns that he will run a government whose policy direction and key economic decisions will be dictated by " a team". He kept harping on this.

The possible names are:

• Dr Kayode Fayemi (former governor of Ekiti State)
• Senator Olorunimbe Mamora (he vacated his senate seat for Remi Tinubu, Sen Tinubu's wife)
• Gov Raji Babatunde Fashola
• Abike Dabiri (former member House of Representatives)
• Baba Ahmed (former Ambassador, and former INEC Secretary)
• Gov Rotimi Amaechi
• Gov Rabiu Musa Kwankwanso (he is contesting a senatorial seat, but could likely accept a cabinet post)
• Prince Tonye Princewill (LP governorship candidate in Rivers State)
• Ben Akubueze (former MD NAL Merchant Bank, and Hon Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget in Lagos State)
• Dr Adesina Akinwumi (Minister of Agriculture in Jonathan’s cabinet)
• Dr Chris Ngige (senator, and former governor of Anambra State)
• Oby Ezekwesili

Rubbish. This is the turn of the Hausa Fulani and they will have a few people in there. They will also have a strong kitchen cabinet to counter any dreams of the south west to think of assuming power if GMB dies. Do you think this is South West's turn All the South West Support is now officially invalid cos the niger delta is not fighting GMB. So forget that list. The greatest threat now to the Fulanis is the SW andthey will soon be a confrontation
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by mbulela: 6:08pm On Apr 01, 2015
fonzie2u:
Include tonye princewill of LP that guy is brilliant, yes party men will reap their efforts but we also need brains
I beg make we hear word.
That fellow is as unstable as water.
We need mean with a measure of integrity (i did not ask for saints o).
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by chineds(m): 6:09pm On Apr 01, 2015
fonzie2u:
We need soludo, Utomi and fashola desperately in the new govt

Abike dabiri cannot handle information portfolio, by the time GMB starts with austerity measures, the pressure to defend such will be heavy on her.

Let the technocrats handle administrative portfolios,while the party faithfuls get ceremonial roles.

We need to stop income leakages,and reduce over head expense. Govt should sell those jets, reduce estacode. Roles like minister of state for finance, min of state defence b abolished

exactly my thought bro. trim ministerial positions to 10 sef. must everybody be a minister? Honestly, GMB has to look well before he drags himself into 'as usual'. Forget regional or party sentiments. If he must succeed, he should go for the best i swear. Most of the names i see in the suggestions here will even aid his grounding.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Lawalemi(m): 6:11pm On Apr 01, 2015
And to think the loyalists are more than available positions is a reason to suggest that APC shall soon scatter
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by vantage7: 6:11pm On Apr 01, 2015
Unless there's someone way better, he really should keep Jonathan's Agric Minister.

1 Like

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by arewafederation: 6:14pm On Apr 01, 2015
bushdoctor99:
Why doesn't the Igbo man deserve to be in Buhari's government. Isn't the Igbo man a Nigerian? I hate tribalistic comment such as yours.

How is my QUESTION tribalistic? You no sabi read?

Abeg park well jare? angry
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by 9jagoodman: 6:15pm On Apr 01, 2015
Family and friends
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by ferhyntorlah(f): 6:17pm On Apr 01, 2015
egift:
I will also like to see entirely new faces, even abroad too. I will Soludo and Utomi to be part of the Economic Team. Oby should also be in.

I will also like Buhari to draft Nigerian Celebrities as Ambassadors of FG Special Projects.

In all, let them hit the ground from day one. Use the 100 days in office to access what is left of Government's assets. Unlike in the military, GMB will have a better team to drive Nigeria forward.
I'm particularly interested at the bolded. That man's financial acumen is top-notch. Buhari's camp should get Prof Pat Utomi to be a part of their economic team SHARP SHARP!!!!
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Texcoco(m): 6:17pm On Apr 01, 2015
xlnc2324:

[size=18pt]Guy why did you have to change your user name? 'Ichidodo' is 'Texcoco'.
No sportmanship in you, neither you're are true democrat. Because you don't want to accept and congratulate president Mohammadu Ikechukwu Ilufemiloye, you resulted to changing your moniker. You can only run but can't hide.[/size]
www.nairaland.com/2229393/congratulations-gmb-e-warriors-ichidodo
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by handie(m): 6:17pm On Apr 01, 2015
My View: Would've said Fashola for SGF but a yoruba is already vice president. So, Amaechi as SGF, Fashola as chief of staff or minister of justice and attorney general of the federation, Abike Dabiri as minister of information(state), Kayode Fayemi as foreign affairs, Pat Utomi as minister of finance and national Planning, Oby Ezekwesili as minister of state finance, General Buhari taking special charge of ministry of defence, Charles Soludo as minister of trade and commerce, Adebola Williams as SA to the president on new media, Lola Shoneyin as SA to the President on information, Dele Momodu for minister of information, Chris Ngige for health, don't know much about the northern politicians who are technocrats that can help in moving the ship of state forward. Looking @ the pool of individuals who are technocrats and are proven in their fields of endeavour available for GBM to chose from, a smile comes to my face and i believe that indeed, We are marching forward. Long life Mr. Preident and my advice, chose on merit not on the basis of party loyalty. Nigeria comes first before APC. SAI President Muhammadu Moses Buhari
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by demandtruth: 6:18pm On Apr 01, 2015
Amaechi will likely get petroleum or SSG
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by zenith4biz(m): 6:18pm On Apr 01, 2015
Tunde Bakare Efcc
Fashola works
Rotimi Amaechi Niger Delta
Bart Nnaji Power
Lai Muhammed information
Charles Soludo Finance

Northerners out send your nominees

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photo Of Winners Chapel 'Bomb' On Alibaba.com: Found With Nathaniel Samuel / Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) / Buhari Reacts To Emergence Of Speaker, Senate President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.