Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,026 members, 7,814,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet (80127 Views)

Buhari's Cabinet Shake-up: My Candid Recommendations For Sack / At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay / The Indigenous Ethnic Composition Of Lagos (1911-1950) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 01, 2015
IGBOSON2:

^^^Igbo man....Finance Minister in a Buhari cabinet!? You are joking right? undecided
Not everyone is a bigot you know. Try thing positive for a change. This is what I don't get about you guys, always vindictive. Why?
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Texcoco(m): 6:20pm On Apr 01, 2015
bakila:

Hahahhaaaha the opposition has resumed in office. There is a difference between a spoilt child and a determined child. the other will have money and self destruct the other will have very little and achieve despite the odds. The days of Ministers children posting selfie of ill-gotten wealth is over. The days of asking how much did someone steal of public funds is over. If Buhari cannot do so we will help him do that.
Thank you.
Whatever....
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Suljosh: 6:21pm On Apr 01, 2015
cuteboy2:
You need a very meticulous, organised, and tireless worker to hold the position of SGF. Fashola fits this bill.

The office of the SGF is the engine room of the Presidency. You need a trusted, loyal party man who understands the workings of government and has indepth knowledge of the visions and manifesto of the party.
is not possible for Fashola to be appointed SGF. Osibanjo is already Vice president. So I think the right person to occupied the SGF position is Rotimi Ameachi
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by ferhyntorlah(f): 6:21pm On Apr 01, 2015
BARAJ92:
Minister of information Abike dabiri
I like this idea. Round peg in a round hole.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by ferhyntorlah(f): 6:25pm On Apr 01, 2015
cuteboy2:

I just hope they can find a very prominent and pivotal role for Fashola. He is an astute planner and executor. If he had the kind of free hand he desired, Lagos could have been even better than it is today.

I see Fashola one day becoming the President of this country.
Minister for National Planning!
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by ferhyntorlah(f): 6:27pm On Apr 01, 2015
cuteboy2:

That guy Tonye Princewill from Rivers State is pure brain. I listened to him once, read his interview next, and I was sold.

If he's that good, Buhari's camp should please look for him ooooooo. We need seasoned and astute individuals to work with our president-elect to steer the Nigerian ship a right.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by baby124: 7:07pm On Apr 01, 2015
Abubakar Sani Sambo - power

1 Like

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by mbulela: 7:07pm On Apr 01, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
If he's that good, Buhari's camp should please look for him ooooooo. We need seasoned and astute individuals to work with our president-elect to steer the Nigerian ship a right.

He is not that good.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by baby124: 7:09pm On Apr 01, 2015
Education - can be ojerinde or Jega
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Olaposiwaju: 7:12pm On Apr 01, 2015
IGBOSON2:

^^^Igbo man....Finance Minister in a Buhari cabinet!? You are joking right? undecided

If it is an Igbo man that is the best for the job, why not? Enough of this division along tribe and religion mbok. Is the Igbo man not a Nigerian?

1 Like

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by link2jude(m): 7:28pm On Apr 01, 2015
If GMB's cabinet finally turns out to be what this thread is predicting, then I smell a huge marginalization of the SS and SE.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Olaposiwaju: 7:29pm On Apr 01, 2015
fonzie2u:
We need soludo, Utomi and fashola desperately in the new govt

Abike dabiri cannot handle information portfolio, by the time GMB starts with austerity measures, the pressure to defend such will be heavy on her.

Let the technocrats handle administrative portfolios,while the party faithfuls get ceremonial roles.

We need to stop income leakages,and reduce over head expense. Govt should sell those jets, reduce estacode. Roles like minister of state for finance, min of state defence b abolished

The minister for state positions were created so that all states including FCT will have a rep in the ministerial position
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by armadeo(m): 7:29pm On Apr 01, 2015
blank:

Even Fashola won't be able to solve the rot that is the power sector. We, Nigerians, are the issue. Except he is ready to pull out everything and start from scratch without Nigerians, I don't see him making any appreciable impact.

I agree that Nigerians are the problem with nigeria. However it only takes one man who means business with solid backing to get things on track. I believe that fashola can do it.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by GentleToks(m): 7:36pm On Apr 01, 2015
link2jude:
If GMB's cabinet finally turns out to be what this thread is predicting, then I smell a huge marginalization of the SS and SE.

You forget how these two regions marginalised SW and d North.....
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Rajman45(m): 7:36pm On Apr 01, 2015
cuteboy2:
For all practical purposes, even though the results are still being collated, I am deeply convinced that General Buhari will win this election by a very comfortable margin.

It is also my believe that President Jonathan will graciously concede defeat in a very mature and rancour free manner. He will not contest the results in court even though his acolytes and party men will stridently want him to. I believe, GEJ does not want to leave office looking like a sore loser.

Having said all these, it is safe to say that the 2015 Presidential Elections has been won and lost.

The elections are over!!!

What then will be the likely composition of General Buhari's cabinet? From keen observations of Buhari's campaign organisation, Buhari's utterances during the campaigns, and the actions and activities of various key actors in Gen Buhari's camp, I believe the following will either be in his cabinet or play key roles in his government.

It is obvious from Buhari's utterances during the campaigns that he will run a government whose policy direction and key economic decisions will be dictated by " a team". He kept harping on this.

The possible names are:

• Dr Kayode Fayemi (former governor of Ekiti State)
• Senator Olorunimbe Mamora (he vacated his senate seat for Remi Tinubu, Sen Tinubu's wife)
• Gov Raji Babatunde Fashola
• Abike Dabiri (former member House of Representatives)
• Baba Ahmed (former Ambassador, and former INEC Secretary)
• Gov Rotimi Amaechi
• Gov Rabiu Musa Kwankwanso (he is contesting a senatorial seat, but could likely accept a cabinet post)
• Prince Tonye Princewill (LP governorship candidate in Rivers State)
• Ben Akubueze (former MD NAL Merchant Bank, and Hon Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget in Lagos State)
• Dr Adesina Akinwumi (Minister of Agriculture in Jonathan’s cabinet)
• Dr Chris Ngige (senator, and former governor of Anambra State)
• Oby Ezekwesili
Something is wrong with ur brains, cus u don't know anything about politics. U mentioning • Prince Tonye Princewill (LP), is an insult to all APC supporters in rivers and edo States respectively.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 01, 2015
cuteboy2:
You need a very meticulous, organised, and tireless worker to hold the position of SGF. Fashola fits this bill.

The office of the SGF is the engine room of the Presidency. You need a trusted, loyal party man who understands the workings of government and has indepth knowledge of the visions and manifesto of the party.
Amaechi is the most likely SGF, SW has a VP already.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 01, 2015
YoursGEJ:
Abeg who don see Oressmusanctus, Chukwudi44, temitemi and Barcanista. Their mama dey find dem abeg. Please help us find these children

Barcanista is a surprise to me. One of the prophecies in his earlier signature will come to pass " buhari will take over on may 29".

2 Likes

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 01, 2015
ITbomb:
Umana, the APC governorship candidate in Akwa Ibom may likely be nominated as one of the few valuable loyalists of the party
He need to reach out to SS and SE.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by link2jude(m): 7:50pm On Apr 01, 2015
GentleToks:

You forget how these two regions marginalised SW and d North.....

How
But remember before now the N and SW has been predominantly PDP dominated regions.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by watered(m): 7:52pm On Apr 01, 2015
I never stopped shouting that PDP should give me what they gave barcanista but Okupe and FFK won't convey my message to Metu; now the tree has fallen and all the birds have flown away.

#GMB_2015
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by cuteboy2: 7:53pm On Apr 01, 2015
Everyone seem to have forgotten Dele Alake. Minister of Information would suit him, even though he is more of an Information Strategist.

He was commissioner for Information & Strategy under Tinubu and is the genius behind the awesome information machinery of APC campaign organisation.

Lai Mohammed?? I am not too sure about what his public perception would be.

1 Like

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 01, 2015
Ddaji:
wonderful 80% of Buhari's votes were from North, so no northerner in the key ministries Hmmm some people are day dreamers
Internal affairs, Defence and Education are the key ministries.

1 Like

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by link2jude(m): 8:08pm On Apr 01, 2015
Well, no matter the composition, the point is that; Definitely GMB will compensate those that were around him before, during and after the election. My fear is that he should do so moderately with caution or else what befell GEJ will befall him.
GEJ gave those that were around him free hands to compensate themselves and they did so recklessly, lo and behold Nigerians were watching.

1 Like

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by slapandfall(m): 8:17pm On Apr 01, 2015
Texcoco:
Tribally Lopsided god father induced list that can only spell trouble for the Nation....especially with dark economic days and the drastic fall of crude oil output ahead...What is the use having a supposed brilliant SGF when there is no crude oil to recover your campaign investments,loot or run the country?

Who be dis one again!.. Abeg shift to yabaleft.. Mtcheeeeewwww... Well I have Jegard u kanostically
. U r #changed by force.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Nobody: 8:31pm On Apr 01, 2015
ddami:
I strongly think JEGA should hold a substantial position I love his intelligence... and Nigeria needs new people that are intelligent and smart.
His current appointment should be renewed.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 01, 2015
GentleToks:

You are right my friend. I remember how determined Chief Bola Ige was when he was chose by Obasanjo to lead Power ministry but as soon as he settles down in office, d enemies within started shooting at him
But this time he will have the support of nigerian people and the President behind him.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Akinrogun(m): 8:36pm On Apr 01, 2015
ednut1:
okonjo nd Alison good bye . dats wat i meant o. dey shud both be jailed too
seems bon voyage is too hard for him/her to comprehend
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 01, 2015
chineds:

exactly my thought bro. trim ministerial positions to 10 sef. must everybody be a minister? Honestly, GMB has to look well before he drags himself into 'as usual'. Forget regional or party sentiments. If he must succeed, he should go for the best i swear. Most of the names i see in the suggestions here will even aid his grounding.
that cant be possible, he must appoint atleast 36.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by mechanics(m): 8:39pm On Apr 01, 2015
cuteboy2:

Okonjo-Iweala and Allison Madueke can never be in Buhari's government. Haba, bros!! How is that one is even possible?

Fashola will definitely play a key role in Buhari's. For him, I will even hazard a guess that he will be the Secretary to Federal Government (SGF)
yes o u ar rite or minister of Justice.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 01, 2015
IGBOSON2:

grin
That post is most likely going to a North-westerner. Amaechi may be given the Education ministry.
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 01, 2015
I like this because GMB's government will be defined by those he appoints.
Personally, I will be interested in key areas like:

NSA - our security agencies need someone to effectively coordinate their activities,

Service Chiefs- our military need reform

Internal affairs- alot of parastatals to be reform under this ministry,

Foreign affairs- our global image is bad

Power- stable power will go along way in reducing unemployment,

Finance- we are alreadu in crisis,

Education.

I think whoever he decides to appoint will have to perform whether or not he like it- nigerians will demand for this- and the general's body language will leave no room for lazy appointees.

There are key political figures who played prominent role in his emergence as the President, they will be visible in his government. However, he need technocrats to complement the efforts of the politicians.

I will be looking forward to seeing youths ( less than 40yr old) taking their rightful positions in this government; most of the volunteers, social media 'gurus', "e-rats" were youths and should be visible in his government.

There are many civil society and media outlets that contributed alot to this victory, they should encourage to continue the good work.

For those of us mentioning names, we should remember that each state MUST have atleast ONE minister.

GBM and his team have alot to do in SS and SE, they must be carried along. Many people from those regions are apprehensive , they need practical reassurence.

May God guide his steps
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by elbabsy: 9:06pm On Apr 01, 2015
Texcoco:
Tribally Lopsided god father induced list that can only spell trouble for the Nation....especially with dark economic days and the drastic fall of crude oil output ahead...What is the use having a supposed brilliant SGF when there is no crude oil to recover your campaign investments,loot or run the country?

Must you show ur stupidity every where you go? Haba, the person you are even supporting has accepted defeat so what is your prblm? Let the SS keep their fuel for all we care! The nation will move with or without the SS oil money.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photo Of Winners Chapel 'Bomb' On Alibaba.com: Found With Nathaniel Samuel / Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) / Buhari Reacts To Emergence Of Speaker, Senate President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.