Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,910 members, 7,952,667 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:38 PM

222Martins's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 222Martins's Profile / 222Martins's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 28 pages)

Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 5:12pm On Jul 09
SonofElElyonRet:

Big people bypassing the market.... rubbish
LOL!! Floor trading on the NGX is for retail investors. Those who buy wholesale has no business with the daily ups and downs of the floor of the NGX.

3 Likes

Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 4:37pm On Jul 07
Mankind2024:
Here is your question
What do you see in international breweries?

I replied you that I see value in a great company with bad managing team.

What makes a great company? Having a good product is not enough, management is key....and money always follow good management. It seems you are emotionally attached to IB. If not, there was enough time for you to cut your losses on the downward journey from N48 to N4..

I will rather back a good management and bad product; as it is easier to pivot your products across industries than to get rid of a bad management that is deeply entrenched/vested in a company.

7 Likes 1 Share

Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 11:01am On Jun 21
For those in ChampBrew,...sharpen your cutlass. While those in Intenegins should hold. Don't give away your equity for a mere N1.60, when there is a forthcoming window to sell for above that price.....

Please take the above statement with a pinch of salt and do your own due diligence. Over and out.

1 Like

Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 6:39pm On Jun 06
Omooloriredade:

Looks like a done deal to me. For below reasons:

1. They have all the regulatory approvals required to acquire 100% of the company. Note 1, Page 8 of the Q1'FY24 report or Note 1, page 29 of the FY'23 annual report.

"Following the acquisition of the majority shareholding by a group of investors - Norrenberger Investment and Capital
Management Limited on October 8, 2021, the Company has sought and obtained the “No Objection” approval of NAICOM for the
100 % equity stake of the company by Norrenberger Investment and Capital Management Limited. Norrenberger Investment and
Capital Management Limited has received all the necessary permissions from the Federal Competition and Consumer Protection
Commission (FCCPC), the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC), the National Insurance Commission (NAICOM) and the
National Pension Commission (PENCOM) for the acquisition."

2. As at Q1'FY24, Norrenberger has deposited N7B for shares (private placement) in IEI indicating intention to recapitalise the company and possibly provide evidence to show financial capability to buy out minority shareholders. Note 36, page 55 of Q1'FY24

3. There is an exception to the MTO rule in a situation where the company is ailing and a strategic investor agrees to invest the much needed fund that a company requires. IEI currently has a negative equity of N7.8B and it's in substantial debt to Daewoo or some other entity to the tune of N9.8B as at the latest results. They were going to convert this debt to equity as at last audited results but it appears that has changed in the latest quarterly. Litigation underway - possibly Norrenberger is not in favour of the equity conversion and would rather block the rights to convert to equity by a single entity.

Disclaimer - This is an opinion only.

YES!! It is a done deal only if 90% or more of the 634,212,476 are tendered to Norrenberger between 10th of June and 19th of July. If they don't get the 90%, they would have to come up with a better offer. The onus still lies on the current free float shareholders to determine the way forward.

Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 1:52pm On Jun 06
Palomadove:

Thank you for the explanation.
Obviously I am new to the stock market palava grin
What to do now sad *thinking to myself*
It is a gamble..........If you sell, you cash out N1.60 immediately. If you hold and they meet the required 90% after the deadline, then they will forcefully foreclose your shares at the same N1.60.

But if after the deadline, they did not meet up the required 90%, then that means there will be fewer shares available to trade on the floor (Free Float), which may or may not cause a rally; and they may have to offer a higher price above N1.60.

Please note that the above is not a buy or sell recommendation, and should be taken as a Hypothesis.

2 Likes

Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 10:27am On Jun 06
Palomadove:
Pls as regards IEI takeover, what will happen to my shares if i do not accept the offer?
Most people replying you are actually ill-informed of the workings of an MTO especially with respect to IEI.

The MTO will stand only if shareholders give up at least 90% of the 634,212,476 IEI shares Norrenberger is seeking to buy. If by the end of the deadline, they are able to get at least 90%, the remaining 10% shares of those who did not accept the offer will be taken forcefully.

But if at the end of the deadline, shareholders did not give up at least 90%, Norrenberger will have to make another bid with a better price. So the onus now lies on those holding IEI shares.
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 11:49am On May 30
Locotrader:

I don't think our people missed IEI sha.
Missed IEI.........
Don't miss Royalex.
I am seeing 100%

Bro,this champion stock has humbled me.

For those who bought Champion Brewery when it was discussed here, aside the bonus share; here are the possible scenarios that will play out in the short and long term.

1. The manage of Champion Brewery will announce the completion of the acquisition of Raysun shares by EnjoyCorp. They will also announce the acquisition price per share, which i expect to be nothing less than N5 (This is my own conservative estimate). When this announcement comes, there may or may not be a rally.

2. The new management EnjoyCorp will be holding about 86% of Champion Brewery shares with 3.5% in Free float, which is not compliant with the NGX rules. So they have only 3 options, of which holders of ChampBrew will benefit:

a. Sell enough shares from their 86% holdings to meet up with NGX compliance rules, and the commencement of this sales and stages of sales must be announced. They sure wouldn't sell at the current market price of N3 and below as that would mean instant loss on their investment, so they will have to find a way to drive up their share price of ChampBrew.

b. EnjoyCorp holds on to their 86%, remain non-complaint and work hard to turn around the company before selling off shares on the market to meet NGX free float compliance rules. If they show a positive result, there may or may not be a rally.

c. EnjoyCorp buys out the remaining 3.5% free float at a price which will not be less than the N5 they bought from Raysun. If they announce this, there may or may not be a rally.

The above is strictly for those of us in Champion Brewery.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 11:13am On May 30
I believe money is made in the quietness of time, not in excitement. The same applies to the stock market. If you receive your buy/sell information as e dey hot, in the excitement of time, you are late. Secondly, there are two types of investments advisers.

1. Points you in a direction he is not headed, based on hearsay or exciting prospects.
2. Points you in the direction he is headed, and you will watch him walk down that road

Na number 1 type plenty here.

Once upon a time here, just few weeks ago. The prospects of INTENEGINS (International Energy Insurance) was discussed here in the quietness of time. Entry prices of N1.17 to N1.41 was revealed here. I stated here that i started buying at N1.29, and followed the price down to N1.17.

If you are entering any Insurance stocks based on the news of yesterday or this morning, i am sorry you are late to the party. You will have to buy high at a higher risk.

3 Likes

Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 12:00pm On May 23
Something funny is happening in TIP. Those in the bus can shed more light grin grin. A director in TIP, AFOLAYAN SAMUEL OLAJIDE bought 2,200,000 units of TIP at N2.03 on the 15th of May 2024, and equally sold 5,069,015 units at the same price on the same date. And i am wondering, what kind of play is this? grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 11:25am On May 17
Where is that man that was looking for an exit-buyout from Intenegins at N1.50? I hope you were able to bail out at your desired price, given that Intenegins is currently at N1.65.
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 10:24am On May 16
emmanuelewumi:

That narrative will change when one starts getting a total dividends of N5 million and above per annum from NGX
You have said it all.
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 9:32am On May 16
Adinije:
Especially that Access bank dividend grin
I guess you missed the sarcasm.... Saying dividends are traps is the same as saying TA does not work, or FA is a waste of time.

It is an open market. Therefore, there are 1000 ways to kill a mocking bird. All you need to do is just to master one of those ways and you can kill as many mocking birds as you want.

4 Likes

Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 9:24am On May 16
Adinije:
Exactly. Most dividends are traps. Lol
Who dividend help? Dividends are traps!!! grin grin grin grin You are 100% right grin
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 11:58pm On May 14
DrAkpamudehe:

In Nigeria, nothing good lasts forever, yet the contemporaries of those companies in the western world are still going strong and paying good dividends till date. Smart people invest in Nigeria, but smarter people with foresight invest internationally.

Based on your assertion that smarter people only invest internationally where good things last forever, how smart were those investors that went down with Enron, Texaco, Lehman Brothers, Chrysler, etc? Or are these companies in Nigeria?

6 Likes

Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 1:28pm On May 06
Adinije:
Maybe u should go back and read what you told Mercy
I don't need to go back to read anything, i know what i said... So what's the big deal? If you are pained that a stock is falling, how is that my business?
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 1:22pm On May 06
Adinije:
The point is, you will wait a very long time to celebrate others ruins grin
So buying a stock that falls in price and hoping it falls more is celebrating someone's ruin? Please don't make me laugh grin grin grin grin grin As for the waiting time, i am prepared to wait it out grin
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 12:59pm On May 06
Adinije:
Aarh, 222martins was shouting it na, not once, not twice.
grin grin grin grin Crying over the fall in price of your favourite stock will not stop me from buying it at bargain prices. You can cry all you want. grin
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 10:19am On May 06
sky2891:

Oando has turned me to a motivational speaker.

NEVER GIVE UP ON SOMETHING YOU REALLY BELIEVE IN.
IT MAY BE PAINFUL TO WAIT BUT MORE PAINFUL TO REGRET.

If you need to become a motivational speaker because of a stock, then it is not worth it. If you need to defend a stock or fight for a stock to encourage people to buy or hold, when you are clearly an outside investor, then it is not worth it unless you are paid to make such recommendations.

You only fight or defend a stock/company when you are an inside investor.

2 Likes

Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 11:54am On May 02
Adinije:
Well, u agreed with me that's it's not a free market. Cos, from the look of things, someone who has the money is influencing price on Both DS/NS
It is still a free market and that is the beauty of it....You Need Big Money, to Make Big Money in the SHORTEST time possible.
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 11:43am On May 02
Adinije:
Sugar is Cheaper. NASCON made it's first dip from 52.55 to 47.3. Meanwhile Sugar is 42.75.

When I said that this is not a free market, some people will be shouting "Demand and supply "

Whoever is in charge things purposely didn't pull the plug on both stock at once in other not to create chaos that will go out of control (which may affect other stocks as well). They drop price on Nascon after they have stabilize Sugar grin
It is all DEMAND and SUPPLY... Remember the GOLDEN rule? It states that "He who has the GOLD make the RULES."

To manipulate a stock price to go up, you provide the DEMAND/MONEY and allow other investors/traders eat from it as you drive the price up..

If you want to drive the price down, You still provide the MONEY/SUPPLY and still allow other investors to eat from you through short selling. There is no FREE RIDE anywhere even in FREETOWN, Sierra Leone grin grin grin grin

Aside what the illustration i provided above, there is no other type of manipulation, or suspension of price, or interception of 100,000 units that can happen on the floor of the NGX or anywhere else in the world.

But you can still do some manipulations outside the floor of the NGX by creating GREED or FEAR.. Example, you can sponsor a smear campaign against a company like Chioma and Erisco, influence policies and politicians to ban or unban products, finance a war or crisis like Boko Haram or Ukraine war, create a virus like Ebola, Covid-19, kill a CEO like lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed, start a court case like OANDO grin grin grin grin, etc.
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 11:38am On May 02
Locotrader:

Supply the needed volume in IEI and see if you will not bail out at a good price. You want to sell at higher price when someone need supply at low prices,no way. Lol
The market is all about interest. grin grin grin
Shey grin grin grin grin I no fit laugh grin grin If someone can do it for JULI PLC, anyone can do it for INTENEGINS or any stock he/she has interest in. If you want a higher price urgently, use your money to create the demand. If you want a lower price urgently, use your money to create the supply... The market is strictly driven on demand and supply. There is no market maker or ghost anywhere suspending the stock price or intercepting 100,000 units or doing any manipulation whatsoever..
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 3:31pm On Apr 30
Locotrader:

I am soft now sha
Is tomorrow not public holiday?
Worker's Day
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 2:24pm On Apr 30
KayOn1:
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/41100_VITAFOAM_NIG_PLC.-_QUARTER_2_-_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2024_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_APRIL_2024.pdf

See result. Nahco go just release better result another 2 go kill the supposed bullish effect with there own result. How general bull wan use come to help out those inside Dangote trains.

Ok,
The negative result from Vitafoam seems to originate from Administrative expenses......... Administrative expenses jumped from 3,978,504,000 to 16,742,883,000... That is a whooping 320% increase. shocked While Finance Cost jumped from 464,937,000 to 2,055,220,000 shocked shocked shocked That's a 342% increase.........

2 Likes

Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 11:35am On Apr 30
Locotrader:

Are you ready to play hopeville?
I am ready. I am tired of wasting my time looking at AFS of different companies, when i can just look at Forbes list and make 500% in one year grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 11:31am On Apr 30
Adinije:
Meanwhile, Nahco is on Full bid. shocked
It is not surprising.....Their Q1 result was good. smiley
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 11:06am On Apr 30
PETERiCHY:

Why delete

For your information forbe richest list for 2024 is already out.

Now all 3 Dangote stock that was pumped to boost his networth are all currently on full offer. Dangcement. Dangsugar and Nascon.

We've been in this GAME for too long.

Those on NSEMPA who cashed out from this 2024 Forbes Rich List should please package the information on how it is done and sell to us in a pdf format. I want to position myself for the 2025 Forbes Rich List. grin grin grin

1 Like

Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 10:36am On Apr 29
Mpeace:
Chai. Dangsugar has recorded its first fall since the suspension of the merger.
It is a welcomed development.
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 5:23pm On Apr 28
Frangel:

Naira sign should be before that 559m figure.

Unissued capital is N585m i.e. 1.17bn shares of 50k each. See Note 26 of the 2023 AFS.
1 for 7 bonus would give about 1.119billion additional shares of 50k each i.e. about N559m capital.

So post-bonus shares outstanding would be about 8.95billion shares of 50k each.
Thanks for the clarification! smiley They nearly confused person by not putting a Naira sign before the 559M figure grin grin grin grin
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 1:56pm On Apr 28
Locotrader:

When you look at the total OS of champion which is about 7B+,1 for 7 is suppose to be around 1B plus.

So how was it calculated since the unissued shares is 500m+?
Are there some holders who will not participate in the bonus?

The mathematics will be made clearer at the AGM smiley....
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 12:52pm On Apr 28
Locotrader:
@222martins,pls read and interprete the special business column.

That 1 for 7 bonus is like unissued shares

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/41020_CHAMPION_BREW._PLC.-_NOTICES_OF_ANNUAL_GENERAL_MEETING_(AGM)_-__ANNUAL_GENERAL_MEETING_(AGM)_APRIL_2024.pdf undecided

Yes, you are right. They are not creating new shares....The 559,249,714 shares already exist but wasn't alloted to anyone. This is what will be used as bonus.
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 8:49am On Apr 28
Ades1:

When you recommend stocks, you should show that you’re willing to risk your money.

Am I really interested in that information? Not really.

I am also not interested in how long people have been investing in NGX but it is mentioned here a million times.

Imo, if you’re willing to share how long you’ve been investing, your cost basis and recommendations, you should be willing to share what you hold in your portfolio too.

The world is filled with smooth talkers and self acclaimed financial whizkids. If you have ever been pitched business ideas before, or sit in an investment scheme presentation; you will understand. All you need to separate the wheat from the chaff are two questions:

1. Show me your track record.
2. Show me the money.

It is then you will realise that most people want to take big risks on some hyped up shit with your own money grin grin grin grin. And only few, i mean very very few people practice what they preach and put their money where there mouth is... The same reality holds true here.

2 Likes

Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 8:26am On Apr 27
Good morning everybody..........In the end, two things will prove us right or wrong on this NGX. 1. Time... 2. The Market grin grin grin grin grin I wish we can start holding ourselves accountable especially when you publicly advice people to buy a stock. For example in December 2024, we make a post or start a thread like:

1. "How many percent loss or gain did you make this year and in what stocks."
2. What stocks do you currently have in your portfolio? (With picture proof)

This will separate those who walk the talk and those who point others in the direction they are running away from. To the Forbes List investment peeps, i come in peace. grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 28 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.