Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,622 members, 7,809,292 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult (71795 Views)

Kairo’s Embassy Church, Uyo Pastor's Wife Lied To Him (Photos) / 2-Year-Old Girl 'Ministers' At Christ Embassy Church (video) / Fire Guts Christ Embassy Church In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by SirJohn(m): 2:12pm On Apr 09, 2015
Joagbaje:

I didn't make a mistake . Among numerous testimonies of great miracles . A guy I never knew came testifies he too was healed of HIV . I editors brought out a video of "while he was being prayed for , I saw slight difference in the appearance but I assumed it was due to his sickness . But just to be sure . I asked for his numbers asked him what he was wearing while being prayed for . And also sent a link to him to watch the video and he confirmed he watched the video and he was the person being prayed for . What more evidence do I need . The horse has spoken. That's enough for me. But because I wanted to post this online ,I asked for his medical report and he said he didn't collect it. And I said " pls go and collect them ,because I want to post your testimony online . He said he would get it in the week. And I assume he did that. I posted my chat with him . So if there was a mistake . It's from the guy who said he was the one in the video without watching the video.

You started posting the link to the purported healing as early as August last year, the chat you sent to Jeff asking him to clarify if he was the one in the video was sent in September this was after someone here on NL had already started raising dust about the video. You only bothered to find out because questions have already started flying round.
the video was your first error and you already admitted here on NL and even apologized for the misrepresentation

Joagbaje:

You're more concerned about rubbishing joagbaje than finding out truth, you've been eager to go online to do your rubbish as usual . And I told you "be patient" The bottom of the Jeff matter is as important to me as well . Because if Jeff didn't get healed ,I can't phantom how on earth someone will climb the altar of God to testify a lie. What would be his gain? I'm curious to know . I'm willing to spend any amount , chatter a car get him hotel rooms and give him money for his trips if there need be to get to the bottom . But you kept pressing to go online . And also rubbishing me before the guy . You don't know how far I'm willing to go. It's not about clearing my name it's about . Asking Jeff his motives if it's true he didn't get healed. And I was cooperative with you. We even got the first medical paper from the hospital without Jeff knowledge . And planned to carry Jeff to do fresh medical test. You didn't spend a dime . But I lost interest in the matter after I saw the SMS you sent to Jeff that I wanted to use his testimony for glory or something like that. That's the one I saw only God knows what other things you did . Why getting in the way of an investigation , why launching attack at my person. Is it about the 500k? Do you know how much I'm willing to spend on the matter? I thought I was opened enough for you. Only to see the rubbish you're posting on Nairaland . Which is what you're after not the truth .

I laugh at you!
You didn't know when I started my investigation and how far I had gone. I brought you in when I was certain that your Jeff was playing a game, this was after over a month of speaking with him. I sent you some of the recordings so I'm sure you listened to how very cordial our conversations were; you also confirmed from those recordings that your man lied several times.
Yes, we got the medical report that confirmed him HIV+ and the hospital also confirmed that there IS NO RECORD OF A HIV- RESULT FOR JEFF WITH THEM. Recall that you and Jeff claimed you have results from three hospitals, well, one of the hospitals already denounced your claim, that leaves us with two right? Jeff was unable to provide the reports from the other two hospitals even after you kept doling out money to him and he kept lying to you with on story today and another tomorrow. Was it not one of your pastor and I that stopped you from further wasting money on the guy?

Maybe you should also tell everyone why he later escaped when he heard he would be taken for a fresh test.

It was my investigation, I had already gotten my facts and only brought you in to confirm the obvious which thankfully you did. I had may facts as early as September, I was even taunting you on some of my posts to give you a hint that I was doing an investigation but you were not smart enough to see it. At a time, one Boss13 was even raising alarm about the video when he noticed discrepancy, that was when you started contacting Jeff to know if he was the person in the video.

Joagbaje:

You claimed God doesn't heal again . And if anyone can present a miracle to you will travel to that place ,investigate ,talk with relatives and Neighbours and you will give 500k and Apologise in newspapers . I shared testimonies of people I prayed and got healed . You said you wanted more serious ones. I told you about a guy with leg ulcer or cancer for two years of treatment in the hospital without cure and when I prayed for him the leg healed up in one week . I mentioned also a lady with blindness who git healed almost instantly I prayed for her. You said you preferred that one. I took me effort to locate someone who gave me her number . Because it happened around 2007 or so . I called her and asked her again about her testimony . She confirmed she is still healed . And I told her I want to share her testimony online and some people may call her ,she should be free to cooperate . She only said I should not bring her to face crown . And I said it's only phone call.
I sent you the number and I was shocked you went on Nairaland claiming she was not blind. That's a big fat lie . I called the lady and she said you lied because she told you the whole testimony . You didn't travel there to as promised to find out , I posted her brother"s number ,who led her by hand to be prayed for . But you're more eager to rubbish as usual . The lady is still seeing perfectly today . 2weeks blindness healed within 15 minutes .

As for your statement in bold, stop twisting my words Jo, I know exactly what I said and I dare you to quote where i made the statement without altering any part of it grin

The case of the 'blind' woman is still very fresh in my memory, the Jeff case finally vindicated me and showed who was lying all along.
The woman told me she wasn't blind, you claim she told you she was; well have you asked yourself if this is not another Jeffgate? It was because of this woman's case that I decided to close all gaps with the Jeff case and it worked.
I proved beyond doubt that Jeff was not healed, the onus is on you to prove otherwise. produce his HIV- result or keep silent and pay the debt you owe.
Thanks

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Joagbaje(m): 3:53pm On Apr 09, 2015
You will argue your case to the last. The chat I sent to you about Jeff was one of the last . I reached him from beginning , I send message to him on Facebook , I sent to his pastor too . I sent pictures of the video before I finally sent video.

. The woman who got healed of blindness is still alive I posted her number here , I posted her brother's number. If she wasn't blind what did she tell you she got healed of. Because the women said you lied.

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 09, 2015
Joagbaje:

That's bible very scriptural ....read reference below.

Acts 19:2
He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

TRASH !!!! . No one teaches such things in ce . Speaking in tongues can't be taught . What we can say is rather to teach you on how to RECIEVE the holyspirit . Not how to speak in tongues. Christ embassy is a sound bible teaching ministry . And satan won't stop ,manipulating propangada . To gullible ears

. . .He wanted to place his hand on my head,I refused and walked out.

Even though an ignorant dude is hailing you here but You missed out on what would have helped you because laying on of hands is one of the ways you RECIEVE the holyghost .

Acts 19:6
And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

You're wrong , speaking in tongue (message) is different from praying in tongues . Message in tongues is for people , praying in tongues is to God, and God doesn't need an interpreter !

You may be the PR of the church but I insist this is FALSE TEACHING!!!

A first timer comes to church, you drag him out and start asking him if can speak in tongues so no one will understand what's been said: that is false! There must be an interpreter: moreover check your post: the holy spirit 'desended' on them

I came to service to hear GOD's message: so ur Cell team should let faithfuls decide on their spirituality. You don't force the gospel on people

God has given us the spirit of discerning between what is right and wrong!!

Only an ignorant fool will fall for all this.

2 Likes

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 4:55pm On Apr 09, 2015
AlfaSelltzer:

Can you, WinsomeX prove Satan is the custodian of CE? I can take you on that.

What I can prove is what I have information on. I cannot prove that Satan is the custodian of CE.

I had long suspected that CE is a cult but I had no information until vooks provided the online book. That's we are discussing at the moment.

Can you prove Satan is the custodian of CE?

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 4:58pm On Apr 09, 2015
Kenny4lyfe:
@WinsomeX I still maintain my stand that you're getting things the wrong way about this thread. Until the needful is done, you'll keep going round circles and will end up unable to proof anything; thus plunging this thread into suffering the same fate as the WOF thread.

My opinion though!
Take it or leave it.
grin grin grin

You promised to take me up on the issues I'm discussing but save for Gombs who has fled now, none of you have been able to take up the challenge.

Never mind. The thread is progressing just fine.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by SirJohn(m): 6:09pm On Apr 09, 2015
Joagbaje:
You will argue your case to the last. The chat I sent to you about Jeff was one of the last . I reached him from beginning , I send message to him on Facebook , I sent to his pastor too . I sent pictures of the video before I finally sent video.

. The woman who got healed of blindness is still alive I posted her number here , I posted her brother's number. If she wasn't blind what did she tell you she got healed of. Because the women said you lied.

Joagbaje, there's nothing to argue here, this case is closed. The hospital denied having the HIV- result that you and Jeff claimed they had, what more do you need?
You were not intelligent to spot the holes, I did that for you and even gave you a wonderful opportunity to learn a thing or two, if pride will not let you see your ineptitude, then I think I should just leave you to your folly.

Please let that woman's case be, neither you nor myself can prove who is lying because the conversation was not recorded. I have all of Jeff's recording and I sent some to you and you confirmed he was lying. I have no doubt the woman also may have lied to you like Jeff did.
You need to really ask yourself why your so called members are lying to you, don't try to blame me for your gaffes. No matter how you try to twist this one, it will be there to sting you for as long as you can imagine.
Thanks
#joagbajepayupyourdebt

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 6:13pm On Apr 09, 2015
Trending on Nairaland religion section:

#joagbajepayupyourdebt

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by vooks: 7:33pm On Apr 09, 2015
Joagbaje broadcasted a fake miracle claim because it is incomprehensible to him why somebody would stand at the altar and lie about a healing

My broda, this is WOF where Oyaks teaches you to deny reality to change it. Jeff saying he was not healed or even undertaking a test would have been deemed as lack of faith which is necessary to procure the healing he so desperately sought. Kenyagirl28 went through that. In fact her denial is right here on NL.

If I recall SirJohn, Jeff confessed to catching the virus due to failure to offer firstfruits.

2 Likes

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 8:22pm On Apr 09, 2015
WinsomeX:

You promised to take me up on the issues I'm discussing but save for Gombs who has fled now, none of you have been able to take up the challenge.

You're a painful liar. You said here that the thread was not open for debate, you just want to warn people, I left you to your fate, now you saying I fled?

So, suddenly you want to debate with Kenny? I feel so sorry for you.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 8:47pm On Apr 09, 2015
Gombs:

You're a painful liar. You said here that the thread was not open for debate, you just want to warn people, I left you to your fate, now you saying I fled?

So, suddenly you want to debate with Kenny? I feel so sorry for you.

So did you see "debate" in that response I made to Kenny? You took up issues with what I've been saying until you left or better still, fled.

The things I'm saying here are basically information provision. You are free to counter them if you like. What I would not get into is endless responses to one issue while derailing the thread. That's what I mean by debates.

BTW, I thought you said you left? Well, is it not Gombs?
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Kenny4lyfe(m): 8:58pm On Apr 09, 2015
WinsomeX:

Yes I did!
But until the needful is done.

Meanwhile the real issues on this thread will never be addressed as "derailment" will be/already is the order of the day.
Meanwhile, just like Gombs I'll observe proceedings from my VIP spot (I'll only comment when the occasion calls for it).

Shalom!
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 9:38pm On Apr 09, 2015
WinsomeX:

So did you see "debate" in that response I made to Kenny? You took up issues with what I've been saying until you left or better still, fled.

The things I'm saying here are basically information provision. You are free to counter them if you like. What I would not get into is endless responses to one issue while derailing the thread. That's what I mean by debates.

BTW, I thought you said you left? Well, is it not Gombs?

Seems you... SMH

I'm here because you mentioned me. Kindly disist. Thanks. I hope not to be back here again.

Now, please continue your wishful writings.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by paulGrundy(m): 9:57pm On Apr 09, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I'll comment on this thread when it gets to page 250.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by trustman: 8:34am On Apr 10, 2015
Joagbaje:
[/quote]
[quote]
I thought the issue was clear - the case of one Jeff (not many Jeffs or Jeff plus other persons) and the resultant challenge by you. 
The question now is: Did sirJohn prove you wrong on that matter? 
What the rest of us are seeing is yes, he did. 
So integrity demands that you pay him or perhaps beg for release. 

However what we see you do is refuse to own up but try to take twists and turns to evade the issue. Why bring up other issues unrelated to Jeff's case or try to 'push' the blame on him. See what you wrote:
 'I didn't make a mistake .'
'I saw slight difference in the appearance but I assumed it was due to his sickness . '
'So if there was a mistake . It's from the guy ... ...'
'Satan can set any one up.'
So, in all these what are you saying? That what you claimed was true but has now turned out otherwise was either Jeff's fault or Satan's?

It is unfortunate that many of you CE folks on this forum never want to admit when you're wrong. Maybe that stems from some wrong teaching like winsomeX is bringing up in this thread. 

The scripture says "Let what you say be simply 'Yes' or 'No'; anything more than this comes from evil." 

Not focusing on Jeff's issue and trying to bring up other cases looks to me diversionary. If you were deceived to make a wrong claim own up. You're behaving like Adam who blamed his wrong action on the woman. God did not excuse him because of that. Neither should you think you should be in this case

2 Likes

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 9:09am On Apr 10, 2015
^^^WORD!!!
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by SirJohn(m): 9:32am On Apr 10, 2015
My brother, the matter tire me honestly
Its unfortunate how low so called Christians will go just to protect some already battered ego.
Too bad he can't wriggle out of this one
#joagbajepayupyourdebt

trustman:

I thought the issue was clear - the case of one Jeff (not many Jeffs or Jeff plus other persons) and the resultant challenge by you. 
The question now is: Did sirJohn prove you wrong on that matter? 
What the rest of us are seeing is yes, he did. 
So integrity demands that you pay him or perhaps beg for release. 

However what we see you do is refuse to own up but try to take twists and turns to evade the issue. Why bring up other issues unrelated to Jeff's case or try to 'push' the blame on him. See what you wrote:
 'I didn't make a mistake .'
'I saw slight difference in the appearance but I assumed it was due to his sickness . '
'So if there was a mistake . It's from the guy ... ...'
'Satan can set any one up.'
So, in all these what are you saying? That what you claimed was true but has now turned out otherwise was either Jeff's fault or Satan's?

It is unfortunate that many of you CE folks on this forum never want to admit when you're wrong. Maybe that stems from some wrong teaching like winsomeX is bringing up in this thread. 

The scripture says "Let what you say be simply 'Yes' or 'No'; anything more than this comes from evil." 

Not focusing on Jeff's issue and trying to bring up other cases looks to me diversionary. If you were deceived to make a wrong claim own up. You're behaving like Adam who blamed his wrong action on the woman. God did not excuse him because of that. Neither should you think you should be in this case

4 Likes

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 5:14pm On Apr 10, 2015
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 5:18pm On Apr 10, 2015
Stay tuned for an analysis on a "Man of God cannot sin against God" doctrine.

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Kenny4lyfe(m): 8:15pm On Apr 10, 2015
WinsomeX:
The latest from Chris Oyakhilome

Old news!
**WinsomeX indeed has a personal vendetta against Christ Embassy Church and Pastor Chris Oyakhilome**
He's full of bitterness indeed; just as Gombs described him.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 9:18pm On Apr 10, 2015
Kenny4lyfe:

Old news!
**WinsomeX indeed has a personal vendetta against Christ Embassy Church and Pastor Chris Oyakhilome**
He's full of bitterness indeed; just as Gombs described him.
grin grin grin

At least it is old news not false news.

Report by Ebisco Blog, published today, Friday, 10th April 2015.

Remainder of the report:

That is the only kind of thing you find about a man of God when he misses the message of God or he acts beyond what God said. But a man of God settles himself in the fight against the world…like those writing those stupid things about me, that I did this and I did that.
“You don’t know who a man of God is. I don’t go in that direction. I wasn’t accused of the things you said, nor did I commit those stupid things that you said and I don’t need to go into that level in such discussions”.
He recalled that Jesus passed through similar travails and eventually overcame.
He said that although so many people were making mockery of him, he would remain steadfast and not lose focus.
“Jesus Christ was accused by many– a lot of frivolous charges. There will always be those who would like for it to be true. But you know, in spite of the accusations against Jesus, It didn’t change who he was. It didn’t change him.
“There are preachers and there are men of God. I am not a preacher; I am a man of God and I go in the way I’m asked to go. It may cause some troubles with individuals but that’s not because I have done something wrong and when it comes to Reverend Anita, what I will say to you is ‘pray for her’.
“Don’t act like those people. If you are married to a man of God, it doesn’t make you automatically mature. You can make mistakes; you can do something that is wrong. But some people expect the wife of a minister to definitely be at the level of that minister and so they may be looked upon and the expectation may be like that, but it’s a positional thing.
“If a man of God is married, it doesn’t automatically mean that the wife of a man of God is therefore a woman of God. That’s not the way it is in the Bible. That’s why you don’t really find the wives of men of God mentioned in the Bible. You never find their names”, he added.
At this point, one of the female pastors ought to know why the names of wives of the men of God were not found in the Bible.
Oyakhilome’s response was that she should ask God whenever she finds him.
“Why? You ask God when you find him. Ask God when you find him”, he exclaimed.
“So, they are little things; don’t try to make something big out of them. So when journeying, doing the things that God called us to do, Christians should not have a divorce; it shouldn’t be, but you see, that doesn’t mean a Christian may not take the step.
“They may do it but they have to make things right and we shouldn’t take one another to court. But when it happens, not that we don’t just want to go, it means someone is taking us there.
“That’s a problem, but be wise and stay focused in the word of God and don’t let those who want to feast on things like this, including Christians…
“There are Christians who like things like this; they want to make something big out of this: ‘Yeah, yeah, yeah, we said it’. You said what? Judge nothing before the time. Be wise. Glory to God.
“So we are not working in sin and living in sin and hoping that we can mix sin and righteousness together. We are the manifestation of his righteousness. We walk in that light only, and that’s the way it’s gonna be”.
In April 2014, Anita Oyakhilome filed for divorce at Central Family Court, High Holborn, London, UK, citing her husband’s “unreasonable behaviour” and inappropriate relationships with female members.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by MuttleyLaff: 9:52pm On Apr 10, 2015
Didnt realise he will be wearing and easily putting on a male chauvinist hat

Rather he say, "I dont honestly know why"
instead of the weasel out and patronizing reply of "Why? You ask God when you find him. Ask God when you find him"
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 10:45pm On Apr 10, 2015
WinsomeX:

Remainder of the report:

That is the only kind of thing you find about a man of God when he misses the message of God or he acts beyond what God said. But a man of God settles himself in the fight against the world…like those writing those stupid things about me, that I did this and I did that.
“You don’t know who a man of God is. I don’t go in that direction. I wasn’t accused of the things you said, nor did I commit those stupid things that you said and I don’t need to go into that level in such discussions”.
He said that although so many people were making mockery of him, he would remain steadfast and not lose focus.
“Jesus Christ was accused by many– a lot of frivolous charges. There will always be those who would like for it to be true. But you know, in spite of the accusations against Jesus, It didn’t change who he was. It didn’t change him.
“There are preachers and there are men of God. I am not a preacher; I am a man of God and I go in the way I’m asked to go. It may cause some troubles with individuals but that’s not because I have done something wrong and when it comes to Reverend Anita, what I will say to you is ‘pray for her’.
“Don’t act like those people. If you are married to a man of God, it doesn’t make you automatically mature. You can make mistakes; you can do something that is wrong. But some people expect the wife of a minister to definitely be at the level of that minister and so they may be looked upon and the expectation may be like that, but it’s a positional thing.
“If a man of God is married, it doesn’t automatically mean that the wife of a man of God is therefore a woman of God. That’s not the way it is in the Bible. That’s why you don’t really find the wives of men of God mentioned in the Bible. You never find their names”, he added.
At this point, one of the female pastors ought to know why the names of wives of the men of God were not found in the Bible.
“So, they are little things; don’t try to make something big out of them. So when journeying, doing the things that God called us to do, Christians should not have a divorce; it shouldn’t be, but you see, that doesn’t mean a Christian may not take the step.
“They may do it but they have to make things right and we shouldn’t take one another to court. But when it happens, not that we don’t just want to go, it means someone is taking us there.
“That’s a problem, but be wise and stay focused in the word of God and don’t let those who want to feast on things like this, including Christians…
“There are Christians who like things like this; they want to make something big out of this: ‘Yeah, yeah, yeah, we said it’. You said what? Judge nothing before the time. Be wise. Glory to God.
“So we are not working in sin and living in sin and hoping that we can mix sin and righteousness together. We are the manifestation of his righteousness. We walk in that light only, and that’s the way it’s gonna be”.
In April 2014, Anita Oyakhilome filed for divorce at Central Family Court, High Holborn, London, UK, citing her husband’s “unreasonable behaviour” and inappropriate relationships with female members.

Since I keep getting mention here, I came and saw this baloney.

WinsomeX, are you having memory loss issues? This is stale news, news that happened around September last year. In fact i started a thread about it, which made FP.

https://www.nairaland.com/1892171/pastor-chris-oyakhilome-addresses-whole#26105252

Just because another failed blogger posted it today, does in no way makes it fresh. You even termed it 'latest'.
Goes to show how heavily bitter you are, and shows how gullible you can be, swallowing all bloggers like yourself have, as long as it paints CE or Pastor Chris bad, you are certain it's true.

I did a thread again, where Pastor Chris nailed the lying media, an gossips like yourself finally.

https://www.nairaland.com/2070611/pastor-chris-speaks-lies-agaist#29381122

You see how low you keep going, all in a bid to paint Pastoe Chris and CE bad? SMH

3 Likes

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Kenny4lyfe(m): 1:32am On Apr 11, 2015
WinsomeX:

Remainder of the report:

[b] You misunderstand the reason why I said this is "old news" pal.
You brought this here as if it was breaking news meanwhile what you're peddling is a twisted (to serve the blogger purpose) version of a statement made by pastor Chris last year during one of the Global Communion Service.
I can have Gombs produce that video for us if you want.
In that statement, Pastor Chris did not say:
1. He was considering the divorce, neither did
2. He affirm or in any way admit that the allegations were true.
That video is a message to dispel the damaging rumors that bloggers had peddled about his person for quite some time- and as the pedigree of yourself (WinsomeX) and your ilks, you went ahead to twist his statement just to fan your ego.
Like a poster said on this thread,
@WinsomeX, you're headed down a path- a path which when you've gone too far, there is not turning back. That's it- NO RETURN!
So, whatever you're doing right now, do it well and HURRY (like Jesus told Judas Iscariot haven beheld the devil through his eyes). Keep at it bro!
God is watching you in HD 4D spiritual graphics.
We're all gonna give an account to The Creator on that day, an account that includes all your actions online and offline.

[size=20pt] And to folks following posts on this thread,
WinsomeX is one bitter dude.
He is so obsessed by his desire to defame the person of Pastor Chris and he'll go any length to achieve this- he stated in his own words- "I'm called".
(God don turn Terminator's SkyNet be that oh- He gives one man a vision to demonstrate the character of His person by the ministration of The Word, then He gives another man a counter vision to do everything to stop him (the first man) from actualizing that vision. Lolz.....
I ask myself, "Has he been able to stop him?"
**Well, the answer is obvious**
God is not a comedian, neither is He an author of confusion).
WinsomeX is disillusioned and psychotic, obsessed to his very own undoing. [/size]

I pity you dear embittered brother!
Shalom! [/b]

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 5:43am On Apr 11, 2015
Gombs and Kenny4life,

I honestly do not need cry babies on this thread. I need matured minds that can handle the issues I have raised in your church on this thread. And I am hereby asking you two to get an older person, a high ranking CE official to come yo this thread and discuss the ISSUES raised.

I would have loved Joagbaje attend to them but he is obviously busy. So you guys, find someone. OK? I can help you by summarizing the issues raised so far and you can attend to them.

Despite my reservations against RCCG, Living Faith and other Charismatic Churches, I have not labelled any of them a cult. But I have called Christ Embassy a cult and presented my reason. Get a matured thinker to attend to them. Gombs tried but allowed his emotions to take over his reasoning.

Calling a church a cult is a grave allegation. An allegation I stand before God and man to be judged by.

2 Likes

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Kenny4lyfe(m): 6:41am On Apr 11, 2015
WinsomeX:
Gombs and Kenny4life,

I honestly do not need cry babies on this thread. I need matured minds that can handle the issues I have raised in your church on this thread. And I am hereby asking you two to get an older person, a high ranking CE official to come yo this thread and discuss the ISSUES raised.

I would have loved Joagbaje attend to them but he is obviously busy. So you guys, find someone. OK? I can help you by summarizing the issues raised so far and you can attend to them.

Despite my reservations against RCCG, Living Faith and other Charismatic Churches, I have not labelled any of them a cult. But I have called Christ Embassy a cult and presented my reason. Get a matured thinker to attend to them. Gombs tried but allowed his emotions to take over his reasoning.

Calling a church a cult is a grave allegation. An allegation I stand before God and man to be judged by.

This is just the beginning.
Now you want to address issues uh?
I thought you said "no debate"?
And no I'm not gonna do that, not now anyway. Not until the needful is done.
You just get ready for what's coming.
Meanwhile, Gombs and I are not your errand boys so shush it right there.

The word "cult" mostly used derogatorily doesn't have a derogatory meaning...
I'll hold it right there.

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 6:45am On Apr 11, 2015
WinsomeX:
Gombs and Kenny4life,

You can simply walk in to CE Ibadan, ask for Pastor Gabriel, present your matter or allegations to him, hear him, and stop making a simpleton of yourself here.

Thanks

NB: as for cry babies, Alfa did call you and some others here big babies. You don't want derailment but couldn't resist attacking Jo, now, you wish to have him here. Where were your faculties when he was here? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Joagbaje(m): 7:31am On Apr 11, 2015
fonzie2u:

You may be the PR of the church but I insist this is FALSE TEACHING!!!

I overlook your insult

A first timer comes to church, you drag him out and start asking him if can speak in tongues so no one will understand what's been said: that is false! There must be an interpreter: moreover check your post: the holy spirit 'desended' on them

The issue is about INFILLING of the Holy Spirit which is a necessity and compulsory for every christian . You can't fulfil your destiny and ministry without the INFILLING. If you find a people passionate to help you receive the holyghost you should RECIEVE them as Godsent.

Kindly comment in this scripture:

Acts 19:1-2
​ And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples, He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

I came to service to hear GOD's message: so ur Cell team should let faithfuls decide on their spirituality. You don't force the gospel on people

God has given us the spirit of discerning between what is right and wrong!!

Only an ignorant fool will fall for all this.

The scripture I quote above should be enough to answer you if you're humble to recieve it . Let me quote it to the end for you

. . . . And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost. . . . And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesie

Every christian should RECIEVE the holyghost with the evidence of speaking in tongues

3 Likes

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 10:44am On Apr 11, 2015
Gombs:

You can simply walk in to CE Ibadan, ask for Pastor Gabriel, present your matter or allegations to him, hear him, and stop making a simpleton of yourself here.

Thanks

NB: as for cry babies, Alfa did call you and some others here big babies. You don't want derailment but couldn't resist attacking Jo, now, you wish to have him here. Where were your faculties when he was here? undecided
Kenny4lyfe:

This is just the beginning.
Now you want to address issues uh?
I thought you said "no debate"?
And no I'm not gonna do that, not now anyway. Not until the needful is done.
You just get ready for what's coming.
Meanwhile, Gombs and I are not your errand boys so shush it right there.

The word "cult" mostly used derogatorily doesn't have a derogatory meaning...
I'll hold it right there.

When the two of you are ready, you will respond to the thread. Until then I must do a little more than baby sitting here. I will just proceed with the thread.

And BTW Gombs, how is voting going on at your end. Sorry about the GEJ thing... it happens. There comes a time when a people get tired of yokes on their necks. They then throw it away... in the church and in the nation.

Lining up for accreditation thingz.

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 12:14pm On Apr 11, 2015
AN ANALYSIS INTO A DOCTRINE OF "A MAN OF GOD CANNOT SIN"

The reason why Christ Embassy is first and firmost a cult is because of what they teach: their Doctrine. As Walter Martin wrote in his book "Kingdom of The Cult", cultists engage in "redefinition". They take traditional and historical meaning of biblical words, twist and redefine them to fit their warped theology and lifestyle.

From the testimony of Chris Oyakhilome's own Wife, Anita, presented to a court of law in the United Kingdom, it was said that Christian Oyakhimome, the founder and General Overseer of Believers LoveWorld Worldwide, engages in "inappropriate relations" with women in the church. Lawyers have since concluded that the term "inappropriate relations" is one used to describe adultery in the court of law.

Ever since Chris was caught pants down, he has again proceeded on the journey of redefinition. Chris Oyakhilome wants the world to believe that a "man of God" cannot do anything wrong against God. Put more clearly: a man of God cannot sin. Hear him:

Chris Oyakhilome:
“I heard that some media houses – especially in Nigeria, are writing some things against me. All sorts of frivolous charges, that’s crazy.

“You have to understand something about a man of God. A man of God is not just someone who worships God or preaches God. A man of God is handpicked by God, set on course by God. If you study the scriptures, you will not find one man of God go against God, sinning against God.

“The only thing you might find will be a man of God, maybe in two different kinds of ways. Moses, for example, when he struck the rock twice, he was provoked by the anger of the people. It was not because he wanted to do something against the Lord. No man of God does something against the Lord......

Welcome to the world of cult redefinition.

While there are hundreds of things we could take up with the "man of God" in this infamous quote, let me limit myself to the subject of redefinition.

Oyakhilome will have us believe that sin is not what the bible calls sin. He wants us to know that a select few people cannot sin against God. He even shoots himself in the foot when he admits that Moses indeed sinned against God.

But in case you believe the lie that some men cannot sin against God, hear scriptures:

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

John possibly puts it best: the man who claims he has no sin is deceived. Permit me to say he is also a deceiver. Unfortunately, that's what Chris Oyakhilome is: a deceiver.

While Jesus Christ came into the world to die for our sins, the redeemed individual enjoys the blessing of the cross on two counts: 1. By the perfect righteousness of Christ that is ours. So that we stand before God blameless each time. 2. By the power of Gods Spirit in us to propel us to living life in holiness.

These two things take care of the subject of sin in the Christian life. Holiness demands that we live lives practically and daily eschewing sin. The reality however is that even the perfect Christian will still sin. At such times we can come boldly to God's throne and obtain mercy. But we remain God's children, perfect without blemish, each moment bc of the blood of Jesus that speak mercy on our behalf each time. So that the believer that dies, even imperfect, cannot perish. For he is saved by grace.

The practical implications is two fold: the true Christian separates from sin, sanctification. But no matter the separation, no Christian is without sin. We trust Christ's righteousness for our perfection, for now and for eternity.

This is the doctrine of grace that Oyakhilome and his fellow cultists have perverted and redefined to imply "I am the righteousness of God in Christ and so I can do anyhow: a man of God cannot sin". Such is a doctrine of demons and it is the fruit of a cultic religion.

2 Likes

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 12:30pm On Apr 11, 2015
WinsomeX:

And BTW Gombs, how is voting going on at your end. Sorry about the GEJ thing... it happens. [s] There comes a time when a people get tired of yokes on their necks. They then throw it away... in the church and in the nation. [/s]

Lining up for accreditation thingz.

ha! I did not go out to vote. I am indeed helping a friend finish her Information Science M.Sc project ( before you nail me, she is currently in DSS training and she's 'locked up' for a while because of the numerous trainings, and her University in Cyprus ie her supervisior gave her till Monday to submit. I may be wrong in 'some way' in helping her finish her chapters, note, i did not start it, nor designed the software, i am just helping complete what she already started.... because of he situation at the moment, but... then, maybe you can add it to why CE is a cult. She's in Winner's by the way. This is a rare case. cheesy, gotta finish today, as sunday is Church things and a whole lot for me)

Yeah, the GEJ thing hurt, but then, life goes on. We have to pray for GMB either way. GEJ is my man of the century, he averted a major crisis, that is patriotism.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 12:45pm On Apr 11, 2015
Don't belabour the 'help" thing. There is no need for long explanation. My analysis on CE cultism is not personal.

Outside doctrine, whatever else we do should be left to our own individual conscience to determine whether it right or wrong. If it is OK with you, it is fine with me. I however will object to false teaching. Which is NY bone of contention on this thread.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 1:07pm On Apr 11, 2015
WinsomeX:
Don't belabour the 'help" thing. There is no need for long explanation. My analysis on CE cultism is not personal.

Outside doctrine, whatever else we do should be left to our own individual conscience to determine whether it right or wrong. If it is OK with you, it is fine with me. I however will object to false teaching. Which is NY bone of contention on this thread.

Alright. You called Pastor Chris' explanation above a doctrine. How did you come to that conclusion? Can you define a doctrine for me please, as you would to a 5 year old?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Gives $2,000 To Ghanaian Student Who Sowed Seed With House Rent / The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty / Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.