Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos (118842 Views)

Brass LGA Now Trending In Twitter: See What People Are Saying (snapshot) / Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech / Is This The Audio Of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by fireforfire: 5:33pm On Apr 09, 2015
I see d lagoon bcoming a hot biz spot soon.

Second dubai.
Lol
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by refreshrate: 5:37pm On Apr 09, 2015
Built2last:
Aside the excessive audacity which breeds arrogance and pride with Igbos, This is the part i like about Igbos...Everything is business...let truth be told. Igbos are way ahead in business in Nigeria.

I entered Ladipo market one day and couldnt find one shop owned by a Yoruba man in the two hours i spent there. I think business is genetic for them. can you remember the ''my oga at the top stuff'' while some of us typed on the internet, Aba boys were thinking business. Mbaka spoke against GEJ, few days after, (Mbaka but why T. shirt was all over the market). They seem not interested in white collar jobs like every other tribe. If we have more entrepreneurs, the faster we come out of the corruption in public and civil service.

When i finished NYSC, i was retained in the bank with one Emeka boy..I remember during the interview, one of the panelists said, Emeka, you are supposed to be in Aba or Alaba, what are you doing here? the Igbo jokingly said, its capital am looking for..six years after, the Igbo boy resigned, we never knew he was combining banking with real estate business..on saturdays he was a house searching agent. he told me he sold two houses in Ikoyi and resigned...

Till i left the bank, his salary account was in millions...doing so well in business, the latest he told me last year was that, one of the panelists in that our interview is now his account officer...I just love the business part of them and maybe the way they adore their wives and children. They take family very seriously. Emeka is so wealthy and lavishes his wealth on his wife and 3 boys. Needless to say he inspired me into business and i am doing well too, but not anywhere near Emeka.

Throw them into the Lagoon and see the potentials of that water developed by them.

One sensible Yoruba boy! Thank you for being sincere here. Later some rascals will come and say they are accommodating themselves. Shey una don see am now?

Guy I pray for you with the spirit that guides and protects the ibo businessmen that your hustle will be Very successful. The rest of una can go and stand behind oba and be claiming it is our land and we are accomodating for there. Omo onile get various levels claim your own call am another name.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 09, 2015
yhusiee:
I heard d Oba tendered an apology 4 wt he said. We Nigerians r takin ds 2 far, esp d Igbos in Lag.
Rather the PDP.
If any harm should come upon any Igbo should APC lose, which I know they won't, that OBA is going to ICC and there is no two ways about it.
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by kasiem(m): 5:38pm On Apr 09, 2015
omonnakoda:
lol! you do not know me or my family. not everyone will be a business person there are many other vocations in life Everyone has their calling some will be politicians,entertainers,preachers academic,soldiers,jurists etc and some like your family will be prostitutes and drug dealers etc then we will need police men to arrest them and judges to jail them. Everyone cannot do business.

yea, I just wanna hear how you've added to the economy and how better u are than those alaba and ladipo people. But sha just like the almajiri with free mb from etisalat you are not disappointing with noisemaking and rants
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Built2last: 5:42pm On Apr 09, 2015
refreshrate:

One sensible Yoruba boy! Thank you for being sincere here. Later some rascals will come and say they are accommodating themselves. Shey una don see am now?

Guy I pray for you with the spirit that guides and protects the ibo businessmen that your hustle will be Very successful. The rest of una can go and stand behind oba and be claiming it is our land and we are accomodating for there. Omo onile get various levels claim your own call am another name.

Anyways, i am not Yoruba but love Igbos and focus on the Business Spirit they carry. I love entrepreneurship and appreciate your never say die and domineering spirit.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by refreshrate: 5:42pm On Apr 09, 2015
melomelo:
To ALL Igbos
Ambode is from Ondo state
JK is from Lagos state
JK we know
JK we trust
JK we want
JK we love
JK we fellow
JK we endorsed
JK we admire
JK we desire
JK our man
JK for Igbo pple
JK for ALL
Incorruptible JK
The man of his words
Tell them and show them that you can not die inside Lagoon
Tell them that na their family go die inside Lagoon
Vote JK in on Saturday and u will not regret it

Correct guy! Meanwhile no talk too much about the lagoon na We don begin map out as we go sell land for that side. Nna no come spoil show for here na.
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by 0coded80: 5:44pm On Apr 09, 2015
hayordelevic:
RIP in advance! Watch what u say or wish for. Vote Akinwunmi Ambode many likes for our nxt governor
yes ambode is our next governor in ondo state after mimiko
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by monalisa7: 5:47pm On Apr 09, 2015
[quote author=Built2last post=32519412]Aside the excessive audacity which breeds arrogance and pride with Igbos, This is the part i like about Igbos...Everything is business...let truth be told. Igbos are way ahead in business in Nigeria.

I entered Ladipo market one day and couldnt find one shop owned by a Yoruba man in the two hours i spent there. I think business is genetic for them. can you remember the ''my oga at the top stuff'' while some of us typed on the internet, Aba boys were thinking business. Mbaka spoke against GEJ, few days after, (Mbaka but why T. shirt was all over the market). They seem not interested in white collar jobs like every other tribe. If we have more entrepreneurs, the faster we come out of the corruption in public and civil service.

When i finished NYSC, i was retained in the bank with one Emeka boy..I remember during the interview, one of the panelists said, Emeka, you are supposed to be in Aba or Alaba, what are you doing here? the Igbo jokingly said, its capital am looking for..six years after, the Igbo boy resigned, we never knew he was combining banking with real estate business..on saturdays he was a house searching agent. he told me he sold two houses in Ikoyi and resigned...

Till i left the bank, his salary account was in millions...doing so well in business, the latest he told me last year was that, one of the panelists in that our interview is now his account officer...I just love the business part of them and maybe the way they adore their wives and children. They take family very seriously. Emeka is so wealthy and lavishes his wealth on his wife and 3 boys. Needless to say he inspired me into business and i am doing well too, but not anywhere near Emeka.

Throw them into the Lagoon and see the potentials of that water developed by them.

Very brilliant analyses of the Igbo's but u seem to forget that without the patronage of the so called Yorubas and other tribes in Nigeria as well as the conducive business environment which characterizes Lagos,business wouldn't have flourished,in essence my conclusion is that we all need one another to succeed cos imagine what would happen if there are no ready consumer of their business supplies

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by refreshrate: 5:47pm On Apr 09, 2015
smackimorn:

The water go spoil my weed na!

Smoke am like dolphin na one hand in the air above lagoon level.

Be innovative abi you be real ibo?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by ademoladeji(m): 5:47pm On Apr 09, 2015
OkikiOluwa1:
On Nairaland, I m not responsible for your misfortune.
Mi o mo Iya e, Baba e, Ebi e, Ara e!
No remorse, no sympathy for you!
Cos na jeje I create my thread before you quote me wrongly!
Last Bullet
Go & die!
I think you needed to be sympathised with...
You're so hopeless... 'Retardeen' like you having fun by creating foolish n chaotic threads.
I'm done wasting my time with you Omo ale jati jati.
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by charmingeyes(m): 5:48pm On Apr 09, 2015
Built2last:
Aside the excessive audacity which breeds arrogance and pride with Igbos, This is the part i like about Igbos...Everything is business...let truth be told. Igbos are way ahead in business in Nigeria.

Throw them into the Lagoon and see the potentials of that water developed by them. Business is a spirit in them most of us find dirfficult to appreciate.

On point bro. I no dia!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by omonnakoda: 5:49pm On Apr 09, 2015
kasiem:
yea, I just wanna hear how you've added to the economy and how better u are than those alaba and ladipo people. But sha just like the almajiri with free mb from etisalat you are not disappointing with noisemaking and rants
So you can come and rob me tonite with your brothers? Why are you so interested in me? Personally I have no interest in you or your family so reciprocate that.Stick to the topic
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Bugatie(m): 5:53pm On Apr 09, 2015
Built2last:

Throw them into the Lagoon and see the potentials of that water developed by them. Business is a spirit in them most of us find difficult to appreciate.

I propose a 1000/thousand likes for this post!

Making brains

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by kasiem(m): 5:54pm On Apr 09, 2015
omonnakoda:
So you can come and rob me tonite with your brothers? Why are you so interested in me? Personally I have no interest in you or your family so reciprocate that.Stick to the topic
how does one rob poverty? Mehn, why then are u interested in igbo affairs or don't u know that I'm igbo and my family is not an exception? Guy, an igboman wearing rubbish to ladipo has so many houses in different areas so chill and stop thinking that life revolves around Internet and babalawos house.
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by noblejames: 5:54pm On Apr 09, 2015
omonnakoda:
That is the beauty of democracy everyone has their say
Yea, thanks for democracy if not despots like you would have foisted or finagled your misleading views on me. How do you say a trader is not a businessman? You are yet to elucidate on that.
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by mercyville: 5:56pm On Apr 09, 2015

one nairalander posted this- The fact is not all traders are businessmen. There is a huge difference between the two which your Ladipo brethren have not grasped. We are talking of a scrap market selling parts of dismembered vehicles and FAKE parts.

SERIOUS BUSINESSMEN DO NOT SELL FAKES. That is the difference. A serious businessman does not seek to exploit you today and damn the consequences. He wants to build a REPUTATION

What we have in Ladipo is a hybrid of criminality and "trading" selling butchered stolen vehicles and laundering drug money such things do not grow into Walmarts or Microsoft.Ask yourself this question.; Alaba market has been there for over 30 years why have they not progressed to manufacturing.Why have they not grown to the size wher they can offer warranties as you get in places like South Africa. The Eboes in Ladipo are in competition and do no wish to see each others progress and so you will never see them come together to form a joint venture or company. Bil Gates today owns less than half or Microsoft ditto for Wal Mart and the Walton family.

Do you folk think we are that silly that we don't know these traders by day are armed robbers and drug dealers by night.That many of these stores are fronts for drug money? We know how to deal with you ruthlessly but are accommodating.There are laws that allow government to confiscate unexplained wealth or proceeds of crime. We are tolerant but your boastful nature can push saints to villainy.
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 09, 2015
bishop4life:

go back to ur villages? so where is your village? you want to inherit properties your father sold out of gluttony?
you should have been there to warn your father not to sell his properties just to throw parties.
my friend go and lay your blame where it lies.
you claim lagos is your fatherland yet you are a tenant in an appartment owned by a cameronian?
mtcheew... some poeple need to know how to manage thier frustration
smh I pity ur generation..All of u wl soon die in the lagoon.Na small e remain....thieves..oyionsiii...ao many plots of land ur generation get for lagos??
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by luckyboss(m): 6:11pm On Apr 09, 2015
One love to u all my Igbo brothers and sisters.
Oba don't know that the lagoon is the chief residence of Eddy okeke ( EDDY NANAOGU) of Anambra state who is alive to turn the lagoon into world's best supermarket.. hahahaaa.
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Nicepoker(m): 6:13pm On Apr 09, 2015
hayordelevic:
RIP in advance! Watch what u say or wish for. Vote Akinwunmi Ambode many likes for our nxt governor
likes no be ballot papers. Their likes will turn to rejected votes.
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by GhaliNaaba(m): 6:15pm On Apr 09, 2015
You will surely die in lagoon. But Ambode will surely win this election.
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by laudate: 6:18pm On Apr 09, 2015
Adewunmi84:
smh I pity ur generation..All of u wl soon die in the lagoon.Na small e remain....thieves..oyionsiii...ao many plots of land ur generation get for lagos??

Once you have this skill, if anyone throws you into the lagoon, you will climb out unscathed. Money back guarantee!! wink

All lessons to be coordinated by GEJ's clan head all the way from Otuoke, and several Niger Delta militants from the Rivers State Bermuda triangle!!

50% discount to the first 30 participants!!
grin grin
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by omonnakoda: 6:19pm On Apr 09, 2015
kasiem:
how does one rob poverty? Mehn, why then are u interested in igbo affairs or don't u know that I'm igbo and my family is not an exception? Guy, an igboman wearing rubbish to ladipo has so many houses in different areas so chill and stop thinking that life revolves around Internet and babalawos house.
You cannot outclimb the tree of your intelligence. I am not interested in Eboe affairs. The contents of this thread are a historical record. When my grandchildren read it they will know that Eboe lies were not allowed to pass unchallenged.This is for posterity. You are not the great businessmen you claim to be ,you are traders which in football terms is the 3rd division . The Premiership is another matter entirely that is what we mean when we talk about business
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Nicepoker(m): 6:19pm On Apr 09, 2015
holatin:
not in the north but in the south.
Yoruba are so accommodating, you think this recent drama can happen in the north without your so called "fearless" blood been shed.

Stop beating your chest and forming superman.

One Nigeria
say no to tribalism
accomo wetin. Guy u must be a prized f00l. The mentally unstable oba who made such statement I guess the word accommodating is missing in his dictionary.
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by saltoftheearth: 6:23pm On Apr 09, 2015
The Best Music mix. The best DJs. The best Events. Latest Gist and Pics . mynaijadj noni!

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Nicepoker(m): 6:24pm On Apr 09, 2015
omonnakoda:
You cannot outclimb the tree of your intelligence. I am not interested in Eboe affairs. The contents of this thread are a historical record. When my grandchildren read it they will know that Eboe lies were not allowed to pass unchallenged.This is for posterity. You are not the great businessmen you claim to be ,you are traders which in football terms is the 3rd division . The Premiership is another matter entirely that is what we mean when we talk about business
u that don't even know how to play not to talk of getting to 3rd division.
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Nicepoker(m): 6:25pm On Apr 09, 2015
omonnakoda:
u that don't even know how to play not to talk of getting to 3rd division. .
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Nobody: 6:28pm On Apr 09, 2015
Am sorry to say this...Some igbos are
very stupid.Upon the pleas of people
like Asiwaju Bola Ahmed
Tinubu,Fashola,Ambode,Buhari,O
sinbajo to calm down...una stil dey
claim familiarity....Even the Biafra
country wey una dey fight for wey ur
fore fathers die on top for nothing..una
don start again for Lagos state..I just
pity una..Better think wella before e
clear for una face...shior...VOTE JIMI @
your own PERIL...Won n ba yin so
nisinyi,e n se bi were...
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Mcowubaba: 6:42pm On Apr 09, 2015
holatin:
not in the north but in the south.
Yoruba are so accommodating, you think this recent drama can happen in the north without your so called "fearless" blood been shed.

Stop beating your chest and forming superman.

One Nigeria
say no to tribalism

JeeZ!!! u holatin talk about -NO to tribalism shocked shocked
Emmmmmmm....I m starting to believe in this APC mantra of CHANGE....
Allah ble$$ u $ir...
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by BushidoBlue(m): 6:45pm On Apr 09, 2015
ginawest:
I knew pipu lyk u were gonna quote me.

Baby unto other things... come oooo you are cute like what's up!! wink wink kiss
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by bishop4life(m): 6:46pm On Apr 09, 2015
Adewunmi84:

lol... cant stop lafin.
anyway cry me a river.
you are just like your weeping oba.
throwing threats of a beaten child.
but my dear, your tears and lamentations
will get you nowhere.
so get up and work for your bread.
and to think one day the igbos will runaway
and leave their properties for you to inherit?
hahaha... kip dreaming.
okwa nwata goo egbe ohuru,
odi ya ka eji ya agba ndi mmuo.(i dnt expect u to knw the translation)

lastly for the insults,
i dont expect you to talk carefuly when ur
silly elder has thought you how to
talk like some half baked nit wit.
please when next you talk in public,
dnt potray your....
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by omonnakoda: 6:49pm On Apr 09, 2015
Nicepoker:
u that don't even know how to play not to talk of getting to 3rd division. .
Childish talk! you do not know me.Stick to the subject and stop ridiculing yourself
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Tinyemeka(m): 6:51pm On Apr 09, 2015
searay:
And ofcourse if its too costly ,i trust my ijaw brothers to be on standby with free rescue things. Infact i trust our prayers that we are ready to do moses things,and the lagoon will dry like desert after Jimi is declared winner. Lastly, we hereby adopt Mr Jimi Agbaje and as a result he is now JIMINWA AGBAJEZE

Complete it with HRH.

Oke mmiri 1 of Alausa Lagos. smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

Bukar Abba Ibrahim In Sex Scandal. Caught Having Sex With Two Ladies (Photos) / Coronavirus: Wike And Fashola Greet With Elbow Bump Today In Rivers / Full Extract Of Kyari's Conversation With Hushpuppi That Nailed Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.