Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

British American Tobacco Nigeria(BATN)- Entry Level Management Trainee Positions - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / British American Tobacco Nigeria(BATN)- Entry Level Management Trainee Positions (97863 Views)

British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN) Entry-level Technical Trainee Programme / British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN) Global Graduate (operations) Programme 2 / Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria(BATN)- Entry Level Management Trainee Positions by TheCode(m): 7:47am On May 17, 2015
Got a regret mail too. It must be the age ish... The test was a no-brainer for mua. I'm also >26 but <30. God dey shaa: one door closes, countless would surely open in its place.

See how BAT management are losing potential rare assets because of age that's just a number... Smh
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria(BATN)- Entry Level Management Trainee Positions by wasseybrown(m): 12:44pm On May 17, 2015
mroyato:

Please is this wasseybrown of unilag? Mech to be precise??
..... yes o, I still remain wasseybrown.
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria(BATN)- Entry Level Management Trainee Positions by loislane1523: 12:48pm On May 18, 2015
Just got regret mail today. All hope is not lost. Struggle Continues......
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria(BATN)- Entry Level Management Trainee Positions by loislane1523: 12:50pm On May 18, 2015
Goodluck to all that have been successful so far. Fly ur flags higher

1 Like

Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria(BATN)- Entry Level Management Trainee Positions by jtech: 3:13pm On May 18, 2015
loislane1523:
Goodluck to all that have been successful so far. Fly ur flags higher

hmm nawa oo...i feel dat a large nomba of aplicants pasd d test...dats y dey r using d age factor 2 drop some people..
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria(BATN)- Entry Level Management Trainee Positions by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 6:18pm On May 18, 2015
Very funny how people choose the easy way out...
Did the BAT team tell you they sent you regret because of your age?
Did they also tell you they wanted to recruit every qualified Nigerian graduate?

Who is doubting your competency? At least the regret mail they sent acknowledged that you were qualified but they found more suitable candidates.
If I'm to judge from the many comments I have read, then I'll conclude that everyone that wrote the test made 100%. If so, then BAT should take everyone?
I mean, none of you even gave room for error. No one even thought of the fact that you must have erred somewhere that you need to identify now and correct so that you don't repeat the same error?

We should always learn from every "regret", "disappointment", "failure" or something similar. No matter how smart you think you're, there's the psychological and physical effect on every activity. A little error, distraction, or oversight is all it takes. Even the great scientists suffered from this, else their works won't be updated or revised.

Who knows if you got 95% and since you all claimed that the test was cheap, then a lot of people must have made 100%. Thus your claims are valid.
However, that the test was not timed doesn't mean the time was not essential. I'm sure you noticed that at the end of the test, the total time spent was displayed. This can be used also to screen. Obviously spending more time may suggest that you got help somewhere, or maybe you're slow at getting things done even though you have the required skills. (Just my view)

That said, here is my view on this:
Outside Nigeria, your response to every question during the application matters. I got several rejections and kept blaming it on "work permit". Once I changed my views, I accepted I must have gone wrong somewhere, and I updated my style accordingly. Now rejection is not a norm.

If you read your mails from BAT, you'll notice that your application has not been reviewed. All you've been doing were automated. They only look at your application after you successfully complete the pre-screening exercises.
So, I agree with the fact that you scored best in the test. But that has only earned you the opportunity for your application to be reviewed.

Now, BAT team have looked at your applications.
So, let's start all over:
Why do you want to work for BAT?
Why do you choose the role you applied for? Why do you think you're the ideal candidate?
What skills do you have that suits the role?
Give instance of a time when you bla bla bla....
You know the rest....

So, what do you think?
You still think you answered those questions better than every other applicant?

Trust me, you need to try competing in the international job market. I mean, you will have to spend days just to fill an application. Even your CV/Resume can disqualify you out there. I'll say, we're really lucky to be competing in Nigeria where most of the HR staff are lackadaisical such that they don't review applications and so you can see dragnet organizing test for 50,000 candidates and Chevron/Mobil conducting skills test for over 1000 candidates, when they only need 5 or even 1 person(s). Out here, the applicants must have been reduced to hundreds even before the test stage if it has to be hand written.

My advice, while we know our strengths and also know we're very qualified; we must review opportunities and re-strategise for future opportunities. It's very simple: ALL OF US ARE QUALIFIED, BUT FEW HAVE SHOWN EXCEPTIONAL QUALITIES THAT ATTRACTED THEM; ARE YOU AMONG THE FEW?

I wish you all success in your future endeavors.

22 Likes

Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria(BATN)- Entry Level Management Trainee Positions by okoroese44(m): 6:49pm On May 18, 2015
My HR status is still showing initial review. Is there anyone still in my shoes?

1 Like

Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria(BATN)- Entry Level Management Trainee Positions by phetty(m): 6:58pm On May 18, 2015
catchdwind4rmkd:
Did they also tell you they wanted to recruit every qualified Nigerian graduate?

Who is doubting your competency? At least the regret mail they sent acknowledged that you were qualified but they found more suitable candidates.
If I'm to judge from the many comments I have read, then I'll conclude that everyone that wrote the test made 100%. If so, then BAT should take everyone?
I mean, none of you even gave room for error. No one even thought of the fact that you must have erred somewhere that you need to identify now and correct so that you don't repeat the same error?

We should always learn from every "regret", "disappointment", "failure" or something similar. No matter how smart you think you're, there's the psychological and physical effect on every activity. A little error, distraction, or oversight is all it takes. Even the great scientists suffered from this, else their works won't be updated or revised.

Who knows if you got 95% and since you all claimed that the test was cheap, then a lot of people must have made 100%. Thus your claims are valid.
However, that the test was not timed doesn't mean the time was not essential. I'm sure you noticed that at the end of the test, the total time spent was displayed. This can be used also to screen. Obviously spending more time may suggest that you got help somewhere, or maybe you're slow at getting things done even though you have the required skills. (Just my view)

Outside Nigeria, your response to every question during the application matters. I got several rejections and kept blaming it on "work permit". Once I changed my views, I accepted I must have gone wrong somewhere, and I updated my style accordingly. Now rejection is not a norm.

If you read your mails from BAT, you'll notice that your application has not been reviewed. All you've been doing were automated. They only look at your application after you successfully complete the pre-screening exercises.
So, I agree with the fact that you scored best in the test. But that has only earned you the opportunity for your application to be reviewed.

Why do you choose the role you applied for? Why do you think you're the ideal candidate?
You know the rest....

So, what do you think?

Trust me, you need to try competing in the international job market. I mean, you will have to spend days just to fill an application. Even your CV/Resume can disqualify you out there. I'll say, we're really lucky to be competing in Nigeria where most of the HR staff are lackadaisical such that they don't review applications and so you can see dragnet organizing test for 50,000 candidates and Chevron/Mobil conducting skills test for over 1000 candidates, when they only need 5 or even 1 person(s). Out here, the applicants must have been reduced to hundreds even before the test stage if it has to be hand written.

My advice, while we know our strengths and also know we're very qualified; we must review opportunities and re-strategise for future opportunities. It's very simple: ALL OF US ARE QUALIFIED, BUT FEW HAVE SHOWN EXCEPTIONAL QUALITIES THAT ATTRACTED THEM; ARE YOU AMONG THE FEW?

3 Likes

Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria(BATN)- Entry Level Management Trainee Positions by okoroese44(m): 7:18pm On May 18, 2015
catchdwind4rmkd:

You know the rest....

So, what do you think?

You spoke very well. Nobody wants to take responsibility
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria(BATN)- Entry Level Management Trainee Positions by jtech: 8:31pm On May 18, 2015
okoroese44:
My HR status is still showing initial review. Is there anyone still in my shoes?
am in d same situatn 2...bt wat is ur HR status date
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria(BATN)- Entry Level Management Trainee Positions by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 18, 2015
catchdwind4rmkd:

You know the rest....

So, what do you think?

U from macktown?
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria(BATN)- Entry Level Management Trainee Positions by okoroese44(m): 12:29pm On May 19, 2015
jtech:

am in d same situatn 2...bt wat is ur HR status date
just checked, it is 19th may. But my status is still initial review
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria(BATN)- Entry Level Management Trainee Positions by ify4charm: 12:46pm On May 19, 2015
Hi guys,

I wrote the CAT numerical reasoning test but my status says "in progress' and when you click on the link again it brings another test.

Did anyone experience the same thing.

Thanks for the reply wink
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria(BATN)- Entry Level Management Trainee Positions by jtech: 6:13pm On May 19, 2015
okoroese44:

just checked, it is 19th may. But my status is still initial review

meanin dey jus chekd urs 2day..my status also says initial review n d status date ws 14/05/15
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria(BATN)- Entry Level Management Trainee Positions by jtech: 12:55am On May 20, 2015
ify4charm:
Hi guys,

I wrote the CAT numerical reasoning test but my status says "in progress' and when you click on the link again it brings another test.

wen did u apply n wen did u take d test...
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria(BATN)- Entry Level Management Trainee Positions by jtech: 1:09am On May 20, 2015
Jus chekd my status n found somtin nu..initially as at d day b4 yestady my job status date was 22 of april n HR status date was 14 of may bt 2day my job status date is 19 of may while HR status date stil remains d same ....any1 in d hws wit such a simila xperience??
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria(BATN)- Entry Level Management Trainee Positions by ify4charm: 8:50am On May 20, 2015
@ jtec
I applied April 30th, did the personality test but was sent the cognitive numerical just last week which I have done but the link is still active and brings up another numerical test even when I am done with the test and my status reads "in progress". How many times is one to take the numerical test?
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria(BATN)- Entry Level Management Trainee Positions by jtech: 9:25am On May 20, 2015
ify4charm:
@ jtec
I applied April 30th, did the personality test but was sent the cognitive numerical just last week which I have done but the link is still active and brings up another numerical test even when I am done with the test and my status reads "in progress". How many times is one to take the numerical test?
d cognitiv test shud b taken jus 1c..mayb ders a problem wit d link ..i gues der ws contact 4 u 2 call b4 d test ws taken n u can also send a mail 2 dem regardin d issu
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria(BATN)- Entry Level Management Trainee Positions by emadik: 8:34pm On May 20, 2015
ify4charm:
Hi guys,

You are expected to take two(2) tests, both numerical and verbal. If you havnt done the verbal, then suppose the next link you have gotten is for it. Guess that's why your status still shows- in progress.
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria(BATN)- Entry Level Management Trainee Positions by misayada: 9:41pm On May 20, 2015
catchdwind4rmkd:

You know the rest....

So, what do you think?

Hi, I agree with what you said and still in exact same situation struggling with applications.
Pls do you mind assisting. avosiya@gmail.com
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria(BATN)- Entry Level Management Trainee Positions by sawyer89: 3:08pm On May 22, 2015
Has anybody been contacted? The waiting is getting too long!
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria(BATN)- Entry Level Management Trainee Positions by jamanuka: 3:28pm On May 22, 2015
Just got scheduled for phone interview on Monday...
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria(BATN)- Entry Level Management Trainee Positions by sawyer89: 3:33pm On May 22, 2015
jamanuka:
Just got scheduled for phone interview on Monday...
Congrat bro. When were you contacted?
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria(BATN)- Entry Level Management Trainee Positions by jamanuka: 3:49pm On May 22, 2015
sawyer89:
Congrat bro. When were you contacted?
Thanks man...At exactly 3:20PM
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria(BATN)- Entry Level Management Trainee Positions by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 22, 2015
jamanuka:

Thanks man...At exactly 3:20PM

Correct. Are u for trainee or Tmr.
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria(BATN)- Entry Level Management Trainee Positions by igbonerd(m): 12:01am On May 23, 2015
Got scheduled for a phone interview on Monday. Anyone got any idea about the nature of the interview, questions and all?
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria(BATN)- Entry Level Management Trainee Positions by jamanuka: 9:46am On May 23, 2015
Goodkidd:

Correct. Are u for trainee or Tmr.
Trainee
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria(BATN)- Entry Level Management Trainee Positions by ratigan(f): 6:51pm On May 23, 2015
igbonerd:
Got scheduled for a phone interview on Monday. Anyone got any idea about the nature of the interview, questions and all?
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria(BATN)- Entry Level Management Trainee Positions by igbonerd(m): 11:55pm On May 23, 2015
ratigan:
are you also for trainee?

Yeah. Management Trainee - Manufacturing. Were you also scheduled for an interview?
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria(BATN)- Entry Level Management Trainee Positions by PaapAydj: 9:40am On May 24, 2015
Hello guys, couldnt help but notice your discussions, i wanted to ask for guys who have gotten interview invites can they please remember when their application was reviewed? Cos mine stated 19th of may.
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria(BATN)- Entry Level Management Trainee Positions by igbonerd(m): 4:08pm On May 24, 2015
unclecycs:
phone call stage achieved ...hopeful

Hi, how was your phone interview? What sort of questions were you asked?
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria(BATN)- Entry Level Management Trainee Positions by PaapAydj: 9:42pm On May 24, 2015
whaooo, have they already commenced phone interviews?
please hint us ooo, how did it go.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Have You Been Able To Apply For DPR Graduate Trainee? Share Your Experience. / Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 / Npower Applications Open At 11.30PM June 11, What You Need To Know (videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.