Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,147 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? (33572 Views)

AVENGERS TO BUHARI: Continue With N-east Oil Exploration, No Export From N-delta / Naira Versus The Dollar, Jonathan’s Policies As Buhari’s Challenges / Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by anonimi: 1:16pm On Apr 18, 2015
AhmedMustapha:

I believe even the APC based it's campaign on the fact that the PDP led government had performed below the expectations of Nigerians in the last sixteen years when compared with the resources at their disposal.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2102459_apcteam_png6dc9407cdcc2b68174c445361fc3e4c9

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by baralatie(m): 1:17pm On Apr 18, 2015
kITATITA:
GEJ didn't interfere with the Judiciary and he did well on Electoral Reforms.
continuity! continuity!continuity!!
Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by Musty010: 1:18pm On Apr 18, 2015
fight against corruption and insurgences.......... shocked cool shocked shocked shocked cool cool shocked shocked
Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by Mbediogu(m): 1:20pm On Apr 18, 2015
maclatunji:
That the majority of Nigerians are not pleased with the performance of President Goodluck Jonathan in the last 4 years is not in doubt following his defeat at the polls.

However, he cannot have failed totally and must have made some positive impact in certain aspects of governance.

So, what policies of President Goodluck Jonathan would you like President-elect Muhammadu Buhari to maintain and build on for the benefit of Nigerians?

Sanity and stability in the banking sector. Humility in service at the highest point of service. Freedom of expression. Elimination of state sponsored assassinations.

3 Likes

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by geoworldedu: 1:20pm On Apr 18, 2015
d33jy85:
Mr. Man whenever u make a statement Pls use hardcore facts not just hearsay and dem say dem say beer parlour gist.. d GIS prog. Is working with over 17k beneficiaries on ground and every1 of them can attest that the program is a success and shud be sustained.

And the 17k beneficiaries voted for him and he still lost abi? Shame on GEJ if actually GMB won the election without having any 17k beneficiaries
Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by Omooba77: 1:21pm On Apr 18, 2015
maclatunji:
That the majority of Nigerians are not pleased with the performance of President Goodluck Jonathan in the last 4 years is not in doubt following his defeat at the polls.

However, he cannot have failed totally and must have made some positive impact in certain aspects of governance.

So, what policies of President Goodluck Jonathan would you like President-elect Muhammadu Buhari to maintain and build on for the benefit of Nigerians?

Railway sector
Power reform
Restructuring Nigeria
You Win
Rehabilitation of our roads
automative policy
using technology to fight corruption
almajiri schools
free and fair election
FOI
Non inteference for with judiciary.....

You dont know the value of what you have until you loose it.....God bless Nigeria........

7 Likes

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by theV0ice: 1:21pm On Apr 18, 2015
KMJY:
It is not about who start what but who continues what. Or better still, what should be continued. Nigeria's stagnation over the years is a resultant effect of abandon projects.

I know. Just wanted to be sure of the origin and you can see I acknowledged what gej did if believed he wasn't the originator.
Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by baralatie(m): 1:21pm On Apr 18, 2015
AhmedMustapha:

I believe even the APC based it's campaign on the fact that the PDP led government had performed below the expectations of Nigerians in the last sixteen years when compared with the resources at their disposal. I have never heard the spokesperson of the opposition say the President had done nothing. I may be wrong though*
very wrong!the APC whipped up anti govt slogans against Mr President and created a scenario of politcal hatred through the media!

3 Likes

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by ShowYourCertificate: 1:21pm On Apr 18, 2015
AhmedMustapha:

This is what the Governor said as gotten from your link
" it is the record of service
about what he has done with the promises he made
in 2011."
I believe he meant President Jonathan has not fulfilled most of the promises he made when campaigning in 2011 and not he hasn't fulfilled any.
Don't misinterpret Fashola's words. He said that Jonathan did not achieve any of his promises unlike him (Fashola) who accomplished his promises. He even went on to say that Jonathan was back with new promises without fulfilling the previous ones.

2 Likes

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by AhmedMustapha(m): 1:21pm On Apr 18, 2015
deeptechcool:

Getting fertilizer has becme too difficult for farmers in Benue West Senatorial district that they are now at the mercy of the major distributor, the wife of the governor of Benue. Not that it is annoyingly scarce, it has becme unneccessarily expensive.

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought the fertilizer distribution process in the last four years has been sanitized by the weeding out of the bottlenecks. I felt farmers that keyed into the e-wallet system get their fertilizers without issues. Is this one you speak of controlled by the state or federal government?
Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by chigoziewhite: 1:22pm On Apr 18, 2015
I think he should what people think is impossible in nigeria, free n fair Election .
Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by CoolKizzy(m): 1:23pm On Apr 18, 2015
youwin

1 Like

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by baralatie(m): 1:24pm On Apr 18, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Oh, so you guys knew Jonathan had good initiatives for the country but chose to turn a blind to it during the campaigns. I can see guys mentioning agricultural reforms, railway reforms, YouWin, Automotive Plan, Electric Power Reforms, Free & Fair Elections, etc. All of these wonderful projects were done by Jonathan but you guys chose to use propaganda to destroy them. Now you want to reap where you did not sow? You guys are just funny. You're all set to enter into a big abysmal hole that you can't comprehend grin. Those projects are Jonathan's, don't dabble into sth you didn't start and hence don't understand.
the APC feed the polity with some bad supporter of APC stuff.it is dangerous!!!!!
Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by Kunlexity(m): 1:26pm On Apr 18, 2015
eddydey:
The Agricultural sector reforms...
come to think of it, where is the Agric minister?
He has been missing from the scene during and after the elections, did he de-camped ? grin
.... Dr Akinwumi Ishola maintain his taciturn nature which he's known for since his days as director in Agricultural research institute here in Ibadan..You hardly notice that he's one of the minister of the federation.Even when his performance speaks volume. Unlike his lilliput colleague that used to pretend to be giant.......How I wish GMB retain him
Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by baralatie(m): 1:27pm On Apr 18, 2015
Omooba77:

Railway sector
Power reform
Restructuring Nigeria
You Win
Rehabilitation of our roads
automative policy
using technology to fight corruption
almajiri schools
free and fair election
FOI
Non inteference for with judiciary.....

You dont know the value of what you have until you loose it.....God bless Nigeria........
God Bless Gej!!!

5 Likes

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by ShowYourCertificate: 1:27pm On Apr 18, 2015
maclatunji:

75% poor, 25% good. That's how I score President Jonathan's administration. Don't get hyperactive on the 25%.
If you rate his policies 25% then why bother continuing with them? Question for the gods.

4 Likes

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by ssammy: 1:27pm On Apr 18, 2015
cozy7:
NONE.....
If Buhari wants to succeed, let him do d exact reverse of EVERYTHING GEJ did......that way, he'll make s perfect president.
Am tempted to call u DAFT but I won't do that.
Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Apr 18, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Oh, so you guys knew Jonathan had good initiatives for the country but chose to turn a blind to it during the campaigns. I can see guys mentioning agricultural reforms, railway reforms, YouWin, Automotive Plan, Electric Power Reforms, Free & Fair Elections, etc. All of these wonderful projects were done by Jonathan but you guys chose to use propaganda to destroy them. Now you want to reap where you did not sow? You guys are just funny. You're all set to enter into a big abysmal hole that you can't comprehend grin. Those projects are Jonathan's, don't dabble into sth you didn't start and hence don't understand.
the people mentioning those things are all apologetic to GEJ, so calm down. As far as am concerned, GEJ does not deserve a 2nd term. You Win programme, yet poverty is increasing. Agric reforms, yet the price of garri has never reduced for one day. Only a fool will believe this paper work reforms.
Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by AhmedMustapha(m): 1:28pm On Apr 18, 2015
anonimi:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2102459_apcteam_png6dc9407cdcc2b68174c445361fc3e4c9
Well you and I know that most of those chanting the songs of change today have contributed to the rot in governance in the country. Maybe the PDP didn't do enough to make that clear to the electorates.

7 Likes

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 18, 2015
theV0ice:

I think OBJ started the railway revival......gej only built on it

lmfao @ dis Foo.lish fool. gej revived the railway sector n his even building new rail lines from scratch. stop spreading fallacy
Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by ApexTitan(m): 1:28pm On Apr 18, 2015
AhmedMustapha:

This is what the Governor said as gotten from your link
" it is the record of service
about what he has done with the promises he made
in 2011."
I believe he meant President Jonathan has not fulfilled most of the promises he made when campaigning in 2011 and not he hasn't fulfilled any.

Ehen

Now we are being re-educated on what exactly was said during the campaigns.

The impression given then was that Jonathan's government was the worst thing to happen to Nigeria. This new administration has come to power based on the promise of total change, all this talk of continuation (even though it's just on Nairaland for now) smacks of double standards and insincerity.

The campaigns are over and the election has been won, the reality of the situation is dawning on many people that's why there is now a covert attempt in reducing expectations that were purposely allowed to be bloated and looking at the outgoing administration's policies for any form of support.

1 Like

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by SerialMan: 1:28pm On Apr 18, 2015
A true definition if ozuo

searching4love:
undecided
[size=38pt]NONE[/size]

Jonathan and his policies were monumental failures. Jonathan's presidency is a mistake every Nigerian will live to regret
Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by surawilly(m): 1:28pm On Apr 18, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
So u don't want him to do anything before? #shoroNiyen?

1 Like

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 18, 2015
cozy7:
NONE.....
If Buhari wants to succeed, let him do d exact reverse of EVERYTHING GEJ did......that way, he'll make s perfect president.

Like rigging election, stopping the trains ?

1 Like

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by mavinc4u(f): 1:28pm On Apr 18, 2015
He should start his own so that he would not blame GEJ when he didn't perform

1 Like

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by AhmedMustapha(m): 1:31pm On Apr 18, 2015
baralatie:

very wrong!the APC whipped up anti govt slogans against Mr President and created a scenario of politcal hatred through the media!
Of course they wanted to grab power or did you expect they being in the opposition sing the President's praises. I only said I never read an official statement from the APC accusing the President of doing nothing.
Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by maclatunji: 1:31pm On Apr 18, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
If you rate his policies 25% then why bother continuing with them? Question for the gods.

Take the good 25% and throw the bad away. #CommonSense

Governance goes beyond partisanship.
Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by gbrown(m): 1:31pm On Apr 18, 2015
omenka:
These strides in agric sector people have been talking about, I just don't understand. It appears as though I'm the only one who can't see them oo.

Frankly, the only gain I can point a finger at is the push back of the terrorists in the last couple of months. Buhari should sustain that. Besides that, I think this admin has been a total disaster.
my brother you are not alone, the chalatan and sychophants keep babbling about agricultural boost, yet we still import rice,sugar,tomato and a host of countless food items, there is nothing to continue from honathan, the only thing is cluelessness, i don't think buhari should continue with the policy of cluelessness.
Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by help3852: 1:33pm On Apr 18, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Seriously so GEJ did all these yet the same people were abusing him.

Hmmm Nigerians i hail thee

4 Likes

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by Nicepoker(m): 1:33pm On Apr 18, 2015
cozy7:
NONE.....
pity

1 Like

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by ShowYourCertificate: 1:36pm On Apr 18, 2015
franciskaine:
the people mentioning those things are all apologetic to GEJ, so calm down. As far as am concerned, GEJ does not deserve a 2nd term. You Win programme, yet poverty is increasing. Agric reforms, yet the price of garri has never reduced for one day. Only a fool will believe this paper work reforms.
The OP of the thread, Maclatunji and others like MzJackBaueress, are not GEJ apologists. Don't say what you don't know.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ebenezer Babatope: Trump Impeachment, Lesson To Leaders That Power Is Transient / No To Southern Christian. If You Vote Obi, You Are Voting For Biafra - Cleric / Jonah Jang Declares His Senate Seat Vacant From 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.