Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,991 members, 7,810,766 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? (33496 Views)

AVENGERS TO BUHARI: Continue With N-east Oil Exploration, No Export From N-delta / Naira Versus The Dollar, Jonathan’s Policies As Buhari’s Challenges / Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by maclatunji: 11:15am On Apr 18, 2015
That the majority of Nigerians are not pleased with the performance of President Goodluck Jonathan in the last 4 years is not in doubt following his defeat at the polls.

However, he cannot have failed totally and must have made some positive impact in certain aspects of governance.

So, what policies of President Goodluck Jonathan would you like President-elect Muhammadu Buhari to maintain and build on for the benefit of Nigerians?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by maclatunji: 11:16am On Apr 18, 2015
I feel reforms in agriculture should be sustained and built-upon.

There has been relative food security in the last 4 years.

117 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by agarawu23(m): 11:18am On Apr 18, 2015
the free and fair election

even if "madaru" still dey happen

but its better than before

87 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by Acekidc4(m): 11:18am On Apr 18, 2015
Let Me think First!!
Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by cozy7(m): 11:18am On Apr 18, 2015
NONE.....
If Buhari wants to succeed, let him do d exact reverse of EVERYTHING GEJ did......that way, he'll make s perfect president.

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by Cadamlk: 11:21am On Apr 18, 2015
What is there to learn in cluelessnness?May be he should build more Almajiri schools .

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by MzJackBaueress(f): 11:23am On Apr 18, 2015
maclatunji:

I concur.

Also,the resurrection of the railway sector by Jonathan should be continued and maintained.

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by omenka(m): 11:26am On Apr 18, 2015
maclatunji:

These strides in agric sector people have been talking about, I just don't understand. It appears as though I'm the only one who can't see them oo.

Frankly, the only gain I can point a finger at is the push back of the terrorists in the last couple of months. Buhari should sustain that. Besides that, I think this admin has been a total disaster.

93 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by theV0ice: 11:26am On Apr 18, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
I concur.

Also,the resurrection of the railway sector by Jonathan should be continued and maintained.

I think OBJ started the railway revival......gej only built on it

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by MzJackBaueress(f): 11:29am On Apr 18, 2015
theV0ice:

I think OBJ started the railway revival......gej only built on it
whatever!

The railway sector should not die whether obasanjo or jonathan started it.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by theV0ice: 11:32am On Apr 18, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
whatever!

The railway sector should not die whether obasanjo or jonathan started it.

Ok madam. i agree

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by maclatunji: 11:38am On Apr 18, 2015
omenka:
This strides in agric sector people have been talking about, I just don't understand. It appears I'm the only one who doesn't see it oo.

Frankly, the only gain I can point a finger at is the push back of the terrorists in the last couple of months. Buhari should sustain that. Besides that, I think this admin has been a total disaster.

It's not like our agriculture is where it should be but I have observed that for the most part in the last 4 years, we do not get scarcity of tomato, pepper, yam, beans etc.

So, when the minister of agriculture talks about increased food production, it is believable as the market reflects it. There's an abundance of fruits and vegetables all year round too.

Now, we need to move towards processing our excess agric produce for export. We need to turn agriculture into big time business for many in the middle class.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 18, 2015
GEJ didn't interfere with the Judiciary and he did well on Electoral Reforms.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by Sweetguy25: 11:41am On Apr 18, 2015
Youwin
Electric Power sector Reforms
NIMC Identity management reforms
Electoral Reforms
Nigerian Industrial Master Plan
National Automotive Plan
Agriculture Reforms
Railway Reforms
etc

123 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by blacksta(m): 11:46am On Apr 18, 2015
Amnesty payments grin

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by maclatunji: 11:46am On Apr 18, 2015
blacksta:
Amnesty payments grin

Are you a militant?

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by Scholes007(m): 11:59am On Apr 18, 2015
1-FOI
2-Industrial and economic reforms
3-agricultural reforms
4-railway revitalization
5-sustain his strive in equipping the military
6-improve more on his strive to free and fair election
7-his policy in creation of job eg. Uwin

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by eddydey(m): 12:07pm On Apr 18, 2015
The Agricultural sector reforms...
come to think of it, where is the Agric minister?
He has been missing from the scene during and after the elections, did he de-camped ? grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by ShowYourCertificate: 12:08pm On Apr 18, 2015
Oh, so you guys knew Jonathan had good initiatives for the country but chose to turn a blind to it during the campaigns. I can see guys mentioning agricultural reforms, railway reforms, YouWin, Automotive Plan, Electric Power Reforms, Free & Fair Elections, etc. All of these wonderful projects were done by Jonathan but you guys chose to use propaganda to destroy them. Now you want to reap where you did not sow? You guys are just funny. You're all set to enter into a big abysmal hole that you can't comprehend grin. Those projects are Jonathan's, don't dabble into sth you didn't start and hence don't understand.

127 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by AhmedMustapha(m): 12:15pm On Apr 18, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Oh, so you guys knew Jonathan had good initiatives for the country but chose to turn a blind to it during the campaigns. I can see guys mentioning agricultural reforms, railway reforms, YouWin, Automotive Plan, Electric Power Reforms, Free & Fair Elections, etc. All of these wonderful projects were done by Jonathan but you guys chose to use propaganda to destroy them. Now you want to reap where you did not sow? You guys are just funny. You're all set to enter into a big abysmal hole that you can't comprehend grin. Those projects are Jonathan's, don't dabble into sth you didn't start and hence don't understand.

I believe even the APC based it's campaign on the fact that the PDP led government had performed below the expectations of Nigerians in the last sixteen years when compared with the resources at their disposal. I have never heard the spokesperson of the opposition say the President had done nothing. I may be wrong though*

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by goodmorning40: 12:25pm On Apr 18, 2015
I did not experience any personal positive change from Nigeria so none

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by ShowYourCertificate: 12:27pm On Apr 18, 2015
AhmedMustapha:

I believe even the APC based it's campaign on the fact that the PDP led government had performed below the expectations of Nigerians in the last sixteen years when compared with the resources at their disposal. I have never heard the spokesperson of the opposition say the President had done nothing. I may be wrong though*
APC did not only talk about the level of performance of the Jonathan led government, they also condemned most of his policies as well. Even MzJackBaueress along with the APC gang here on nairaland know this. I remembered vividly how they criticised the Railway Project.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by aare07(m): 12:27pm On Apr 18, 2015
Presidential scholarship for First class students

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 18, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Youwin
Electric Power sector Reforms
NIMC Identity management reforms
Electoral Reforms
Nigerian Industrial Master Plan
National Automotive Plan
Agriculture Reforms
Railway Reforms
etc
NOOOOOO.......NOT NOW...U GUYS NEVER SAW OR CHOSE NEVER TO SEE ANY GOOD THING ABOUT GEJ AND HIS POLICIES,SO BH SHUD SCRAP ALL HIS (GEJ'S) POLICIES AND REFORMS AND GET HIS OWN STARTED,PERIOD..

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 18, 2015
undecided
[size=38pt]NONE[/size]

Jonathan and his policies were monumental failures. Jonathan's presidency is a mistake every Nigerian will live to regret

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by Entchidodo: 12:30pm On Apr 18, 2015
Number one policy is cutting away thieffnubu's necrous tentackles away from his gofernment circles....

7 Likes

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by Beehshorp(m): 12:30pm On Apr 18, 2015
Buhari should continue with every policy if u take a cursory look at buhari he has nothing to offer there is no change in him.
He is still dat old dictator that is power hungry and now he has power with the influence of jagaban deir aim will be to loot cash ..

Jonathan brought fresh ideas but the northerners didn't give him chance .. I cant wait for buhari to assume power he must declare war on SA cos of xenophobia or else he would be a coward a weakling or clueless

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by Rahmatuparker: 12:31pm On Apr 18, 2015
Youwin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? by efilefun(m): 12:31pm On Apr 18, 2015
none for now except agriculture

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Governor Sanwo-olu Arrives Governor's Office, Addresses Civil Servants (video) / Army Transfers Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial / No To Southern Christian. If You Vote Obi, You Are Voting For Biafra - Cleric

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.