Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,076 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

Deziani Madueke's Achievements As Petroleum Minister. - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deziani Madueke's Achievements As Petroleum Minister. (36939 Views)

Obasanjo Swearing In Buhari As Petroleum Minister In 1976 (Throwback Photo) / Here Is How Deziani Madueke's Son Spend's Nigeria's $$$ - Cramjones (pics) / Re: Deziani Madueke's Achievements As Petroleum Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deziani Madueke's Achievements As Petroleum Minister. by ican2020: 5:25pm On Apr 23, 2015
Obiagelli:

Exactly, i wonder what the essence of a petroleum minister is, Obj didn't have one, we saw development expecially LNG but that's a story for another day.

Why OBJ?

We are talking of achievement and not one who failed 100%

1 Like

Re: Deziani Madueke's Achievements As Petroleum Minister. by hush15: 5:28pm On Apr 23, 2015
BlackMaria:
She is nothing but a thief,who is been giving immunity by GEJ.
Thank GOD 4 GEJ loss @ d polls,if not. Breeze no go expose her fowl yansh.

you talk common masses like they are a few. Nigeria is over 170m, how do you please everyone!

one thing I know is that, apart from this election period, fuel is always available and not scarce.
I run a gas station and I know the intrigues to a large extent, under Jonathan availability of fuel was consistent even during the elections. its just that people wouldn't understand the politics involved in making sure it was available despite the intimidation of petroleum marketers.

also, the subsidy thing, everybody is saying subsidy should be scrapped. she tried scrapping it but this same nigerians protested, yet they requesting the same from Buhari.

Also the PIB which nigerians are not clamouring for to be passed. it is very extensive but some don't want it to happen. it is bad market for them as the want to dominate everything.

you can abuse and say so many trash but I don talk my own

1 Like

Re: Deziani Madueke's Achievements As Petroleum Minister. by hush15: 5:34pm On Apr 23, 2015
BlackMaria:
She is nothing but a thief,who is been giving immunity by GEJ.
Thank GOD 4 GEJ loss @ d polls,if not. Breeze no go expose her fowl yansh.

you talk common masses like they are a few. Nigeria is over 170m, how do you please everyone! can the masses all have filling stations.

one thing I know is that, apart from this election period, fuel is always available and not scarce.
I run a gas station and I know the intrigues to a large extent, under Jonathan availability of fuel was consistent even during the elections. its just that people wouldn't understand the politics involved in making sure it was available despite the intimidation of petroleum marketers.

also, the subsidy thing, everybody is saying subsidy should be scrapped. she tried scrapping it but this same nigerians protested, yet they requesting the same from Buhari.

Also the PIB which nigerians are not clamouring for to be passed. it is very extensive but some don't want it to happen. it is bad market for them as the want to dominate everything.

without passing the bill still, she has managed to open that sector a little more. more people are engaged in the oil business than previous governments where the few dominate.

Re: Deziani Madueke's Achievements As Petroleum Minister. by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 23, 2015
barcanista:
Thank you! That information was correct as at time of postage. However, kudos to the government of Jonathan for following the path of wisdam to diitch away the cabals and successfully bring down the subsidy payment to N100b as reflected in the 2015 budget proposal. Meanwhile those cabals are GMB backers...

To the PIB, what you copied and pasted aren't related to PIB. It's a shame you are bringing subsidy matter into PIB. It shows you have no clue on the subject.

Ciao
Who raised the subsidy payments to trillions in the first place?
Re: Deziani Madueke's Achievements As Petroleum Minister. by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 23, 2015
sleekymag:
Okay, let me chip in on her achievements as Petroleum Minister. They are
1. More than 300,000 direct and indirect jobs created through the Nigerian Content Policy.
2. By end of 2014, crude oil production was sustained at over 2.24 million barrels per day inspite of crude oil theft and pipeline vandalism.
3. Average gas production of over 8.6 billion standard cubic feet per day and over 7.6 bcfd utilization at the end of 2014.
4. Gas policy helped improve power generation output significantly. Gas supply to the power sector in last week of 2014 was about 780 million standard cubic feet per day.
5. NPDC produced 77% of domestic gas to power, I.e. Directly responsible for over 2,500MW of electricity produced in the country.
6. Average gas flare has been reduced to 12%.
7. NPDC has been developed into a midsize exploration and production company.
8. The national gas infrastructure has been enhanced by the addition of new central processing facilities along critical gas pipelines.
9. The following has commenced a) expansion of Escravos-Lagos pipeline to 2bscfd capacity b) east-west pipeline from Obiafu-Obrikom to Oben c) Calabar-Ajaokuta-Kano pipeline, utilizing Eurobond and IFC funding.
10. Completed over 375km of gas pipeline. And construction of 467km pipeline ongoing.
11. The Gas Revolution Industrial Park has been initiated which would host fertilizer, petrochemical and methanol plants. Preconstruction activities created over 1,000 jobs. An additional 150,000 would be created at the peak of construction activities.
12. Stable supply of petroleum products through effective and efficient administration of subsidies, alienating some oil cabals.
13. PPMC Depots have been upgraded across the nation despite being inoperable for many years due to pipeline vandalism.

More to come. Obiagelli and co, take note.
No 10 sounds more like it
Re: Deziani Madueke's Achievements As Petroleum Minister. by ooshinibos: 6:12pm On Apr 23, 2015
oil money transfer to the accounts of her cronies , I don't wonna mention names
Re: Deziani Madueke's Achievements As Petroleum Minister. by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 23, 2015
kenex4ever:
what if d next govt is d one dat will rot d sector?
At least she made sure there was no fuel scarcity.
U mentioned obj in ur other post, during obj's tenure Nigeria was synonymous with fuel scarcity.
No fuel scarcity? Are you guys for real
Re: Deziani Madueke's Achievements As Petroleum Minister. by Nobody: 6:14pm On Apr 23, 2015
sleekymag:

I don't think it's feminine beef as Obiagelli the OP is female herself. Truth of the matter is that most of them APC goons would rather not see anything good in Jonathan's administration. The oil cabal wanted Deiziani removed since 2012, and since GEJ didn't remove her, they assumed he must be benefitting from her somehow. Most APC supporters allow themselves to be used, they digest any propaganda hook, line and sinker as long as it tarnishes GEJ and his team in bad light, even when it's outright falsehood. Buhari has won and still they'll not rest. Anything to justify their egos and erroneously subjective views.
Na question i ask o. If someone had come up with these achievements, we would have debated them but the pdp guys went on the offensive instead.
Re: Deziani Madueke's Achievements As Petroleum Minister. by sleekymag(m): 6:25pm On Apr 23, 2015
Obiagelli:

Na question i ask o. If someone had come up with these achievements, we would have debated them but the pdp guys went on the offensive instead.

Now you've seen some of her achievements and I hope you're satisfied. A little bit more research by you would have opened up her achievements to you. Truth is even the PDP guys online didn't do justice to GEJ's achievements via social media during his campaign so it was easy to assume he didn't do much.

1 Like

Re: Deziani Madueke's Achievements As Petroleum Minister. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 23, 2015
sleekymag:

Now you've seen some of her achievements and I hope you're satisfied. A little bit more research by you would have openeda up her achievements to you. Truth is even the PDP guys online didn't do justice to GEJ's achievements via social media during his campaign so it was easy to assume he didn't do much.
Those achievements are subject to debate especially that they are from the same source that claims steady supply of gas to power plants. Unfortunately this thread has lost steam.
Re: Deziani Madueke's Achievements As Petroleum Minister. by kenex4ever(m): 7:09pm On Apr 23, 2015
Obiagelli:

No fuel scarcity? Are you guys for real
since d inception of her tenure, we probably only hard fuel scarcity for just 3 or less times which u n I know non of them lasted over a week, unlike ur obj's regime dat once it's December everybody buys black market not to talk of other months in d year.
Am nt her fan but u guys Should bash her with evidence, let's wait n see what buhari n co will find out after probing her b4 we condemn her.
If she stole then she should b jailed by buhari but if he fails to jail her then he is another Jonathan

1 Like

Re: Deziani Madueke's Achievements As Petroleum Minister. by Teespice(f): 7:20pm On Apr 23, 2015
femolala001:

A noteworthy achievement:
She managed to stabilise the otueke fisherman's blokos throughout the intense microscopic scrutiny of his presidency

Are u a learner??

lmao.

why so serious. can't you spot a joke when you see one.

I am sure when you were typing this, you were vibrating like 3310.

cc: jaybee3

1 Like

Re: Deziani Madueke's Achievements As Petroleum Minister. by Abraham2013(m): 9:25pm On Apr 23, 2015
One of her achievement is d establishment of nigerian content and development board which hav created thousands of jobs for local companies.
Re: Deziani Madueke's Achievements As Petroleum Minister. by grandstar(m): 9:41pm On Apr 23, 2015
Petrol is quite plentiful. There has hardly been any fuel scarcity and if if there were, its nothing compared to the pre-Jonathan era.

I think one reason why GEJ won the 2011 election was his success in this regard but it came at great cost - 2trillion naira. GEJ was prepared to pay the huge price to have the commodity available .

This burden was simply too much and that was why there was a price increase in January 2012
Re: Deziani Madueke's Achievements As Petroleum Minister. by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 23, 2015
hush15:

you talk common masses like they are a few. Nigeria is over 170m, how do you please everyone! can the masses all have filling stations.

without passing the bill still, she has managed to open that sector a little more. more people are engaged in the oil business than previous governments where the few dominate.

Abeg waka pass. Ur post no make sense.
Re: Deziani Madueke's Achievements As Petroleum Minister. by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 23, 2015
galadima77:

but majority of some tribes actually wanted the impunity of their regime to continue simply because she is one of their own and with sheer disregard to whatever harm they are perpetuating against our collective and vulnerable posterity. May God help them see clearly beyond the acclaimed 'gang up against their own'.

Get this clear....it is Nigeria first before any silly sentiment.
The fear of sai buhari is the fear of wisdom 4 the oil sector.
Re: Deziani Madueke's Achievements As Petroleum Minister. by Nobody: 10:48pm On Apr 23, 2015
CyberWolf:
Since I discovered she is a yoruba disguising as Igbo,my respect for her died...I hate deceitful beings with passion angry angry angry

Let's not always say what we ain't sure of.This below excerpts is from Wikipedia

"
Diezani K. Agama was born in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria. Her father was Chief Frederick Abiye Agama. She studied architecture in England and then at Howard University in the United States.[2] She graduated from Howard with a Bachelor's degree on 8 December 1992.[3] She returned to Nigeria and joined Shell Petroleum Development Corporation that year. In 2002, she attended Cambridge University for her MBA.[2] In April 2006, Shell appointed her its first female Executive Director in Nigeria.[4"
Re: Deziani Madueke's Achievements As Petroleum Minister. by Touchforfree(m): 10:50pm On Apr 23, 2015
dasensible1:
Let me ask google...no result found.
Let me ask ifa...no record

Let me ask PWC...OK few billions of dollars missing.
Let me ask EFCC...there are allegations of "ordinary stealing".

Let me Nigerians...she the biggest thief in the outgoing dispensation.
Let me keep asking I'm sure I will be given concrete answer when the next administration kicks off. wink
Re: Deziani Madueke's Achievements As Petroleum Minister. by hush15: 11:05pm On Apr 23, 2015
BlackMaria:

Abeg waka pass. Ur post no make sense.

hehehe, you harsh gan o. wicked person....
Re: Deziani Madueke's Achievements As Petroleum Minister. by sleekymag(m): 1:15am On Apr 24, 2015
Obiagelli:

Those achievements are subject to debate especially that they are from the same source that claims steady supply of gas to power plants. Unfortunately this thread has lost steam.
True, the thread has lost steam. And I'm not one that has too much time on his hands to go toe to toe with u on a debate. Despite the challenges with pipeline vandalism and the likes, don't tell me you don't know that gas is still the largest contributor to electricity generation in Nigeria. Now imagine if there was no such vandalism, our generation would be much more than its current figures.
Re: Deziani Madueke's Achievements As Petroleum Minister. by openmine(m): 1:24am On Apr 24, 2015
danjumakolo:

Let's not always say what we ain't sure of.This below excerpts is from Wikipedia

"
Diezani K. Agama was born in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria. Her father was Chief Frederick Abiye Agama. She studied architecture in England and then at Howard University in the United States.[2] She graduated from Howard with a Bachelor's degree on 8 December 1992.[3] She returned to Nigeria and joined Shell Petroleum Development Corporation that year. In 2002, she attended Cambridge University for her MBA.[2] In April 2006, Shell appointed her its first female Executive Director in Nigeria.[4"
The guy you quoted @CyberWolf wasnt refering to dieziani madueke but the OP

1 Like

Re: Deziani Madueke's Achievements As Petroleum Minister. by billyG(m): 6:55am On Apr 24, 2015
Obiagelli:

Interesting if true but her principal failed to pass the bill into law.
PIB has been gathering dust in NASS since d days of OBJ.
Re: Deziani Madueke's Achievements As Petroleum Minister. by billyG(m): 7:01am On Apr 24, 2015
Obiagelli:

Gas supply for power generation and industrial use has
been sustained with supply outstripping demand both in the
Western and Eastern axes. Available records indicate that
the volume of gas available for power generation is
unprecedented in the history of oil and gas in Nigeria.

Really?

•Security contracts awarded for the protection of a major
crude oil supply pipeline (Escravos-Warri) to improve
capacity utilization of Warri Refinery which has now
achieved 70%.

Seriously?
Wher iz d result we still dnt hav constant light & ND militant still vandalise pipeline.
Re: Deziani Madueke's Achievements As Petroleum Minister. by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 24, 2015
Obiagelli:

No 10 sounds more like it

What would you understand about oil and gas sector? Even if her achievements are listed on a 60 leaves exercise book, you would practically understand nothing (A typical example is the one listed on this page). The terms and policies of the sector are alien to you as you can only relate with building of refineries and pipelines.

Apparently, there are policies and achievements in this sector that garner more Impact than building of pipelines which you only comprehend.

I would, at this point, like to advise those who are working hard to post the achievements of the minister to quit wasting their valuable time, as it is obvious your intentions are to cast aspersions as against being informed. You see nothing good in others but would expect the opposite from people. Learn to criticize constructively, rather than display sheer hatred clothed in criticizm.

1 Like

Re: Deziani Madueke's Achievements As Petroleum Minister. by Nobody: 8:47am On Apr 24, 2015
hush15:

hehehe, you harsh gan o. wicked person....
Lol,if only u cud reason how deep the scam,GEJ and opolo eye minister don ruin the oil sector.
Re: Deziani Madueke's Achievements As Petroleum Minister. by hush15: 9:36am On Apr 24, 2015
BlackMaria:

Lol,if only u cud reason how deep the scam,GEJ and opolo eye minister don ruin the oil sector.

that opolo eye be tinubu family o, lol. but seriously, I know what am saying. am in the oil and gas business and i know the challenges, at least in the upstream sector strong enough.

for me, I still maintain that the government under Jonathan is working. there are trying, just that so many challenges cos its a sensitive one and people don't really know what's going on deep inside. strong politics i tell you so am not surprised when opolo eye said she steps on toes.

the oil marketers alone can hold the government to Ransome in a very big way not to now mention some political ones amongst them. the cabals are nothing but oils marketers who have stronghold over the markets and they are not represented by individuals but companies that have broad based shareholders. so you can't say one person is a cabal and that's why they can't be mentioned as individuals

its a very complex system with complex matrix. so its really hard to tie it to a particular people.
in case you don't know, even some of these politician have investments in these cabal that they don't know, so it's a tough call

that's what it is....

don't let us blame the presidency that much. he is just trying to be careful cos its like a glass house, when you throw a stone while inside, everybody in it can be affected, whether good or bad persons and it will be unjust for innocent to suffer for something they know not about

2 Likes

Re: Deziani Madueke's Achievements As Petroleum Minister. by openmine(m): 2:18pm On Apr 24, 2015
joeboy03:

What would you understand about oil and gas sector? Even if her achievements are listed on a 60 leaves exercise book, you would practically understand nothing (A typical example is the one listed on this page). The terms and policies of the sector are alien to you as you can only relate with building of refineries and pipelines.

Apparently, there are policies and achievements in this sector that garner more Impact than building of pipelines which you only comprehend.

I would, at this point, like to advise those who are working hard to post the achievements of the minister to quit wasting their valuable time, as it is obvious your intentions are to cast aspersions as against being informed. You see nothing good in others but would expect the opposite from people. Learn to criticize constructively, rather than display sheer hatred clothed in criticizm.
Seconded!!
Re: Deziani Madueke's Achievements As Petroleum Minister. by XBLadez: 9:27am On May 01, 2015
Nellybii:

[s]Half of zero is still zero mathematically[/s]
ZERO LIKE YOUR BRAIN!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Uche Ogah Inspects His Master Energy City Project In Abia State(pics) / How Kidnapper Don Waney Was Killed / PDP governors meet in Port Harcourt, commends Wike (Photo)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.