Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,639 members, 7,813,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination (52784 Views)

IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports / IPOB Circulates 23rd Sit-At-Home Order In South-East & South-South (Snapshot) / Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Nobody: 12:40am On Apr 28, 2015
safarigirl:
I don't think Nyone has ever added Edo State to Biafra sub-consciously......most people don't even remember they're in SS.

The major SS states considered are Akwa-Ibom, Cross River and Rivers....even Delta is an after-thought that only surfaced recently. If you're not from any of the 3 states mentioned, hold your own. You're not that important.

I have friends and relatives from those 3 states and trust me when I say they are more pro-Biafran than some Igbos

Better remove EDO and DELTA

Cus am from these two states
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by bigfrancis21: 12:42am On Apr 28, 2015
Funmiladey:
good one from you thanks for the enlightenment, bt will still have to do a research abt that on my own.... Back to business, you wanna tell me its everybody who decide to leave nigeria will make it over there in ur so caolled biafra? Ask Ghanians to lecture you how they suffered many of them never bounced back... Ask sudau too

Uncle, thank you for your 'advice'. It was well appreciated. But uncle, instead of 'doomsday' prophesizing, shouldn't you be thinking of ways your country will survive after lower niger pulls out? That is how intelligent people reason. They always have a plan B.
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Daykoozy(m): 12:43am On Apr 28, 2015
hansad:

You advice A. Briggs do advocacy all her life while you form alliance to exploit her backyard in guise of One Nigeria?

Perhaps you don't know, with or without crude oil and gas deposits, if in the last 40 years Oduduwa had been a country, the whole of Southwest of Nigeria blessed with all mineral and human resources would have been far more advanced than what it is today - forget the glitter of Lagos; the rest of SW has remained thatch and mud houses and under-developed, much even remain like in the Danfodian era.

So use intelligence, stop attacking LNF, A. Briggs, and any thing that can enhance Oduduwa Republic.

But then, if Yoruba so love Arewa that thay cannot stay alone in one country without Arewa, what stops Oduduwa from forming a country with Arewa and leave the LNF alone?
The real question is where were all these folks the last 5 years. I hate to invoke tribes into my comments, but it seems Yorubas are the only tribe that votes based on merits and promise rather than the 'our son' mentality. It is a fact that Yorubas were Obasanjos' biggest critics and we were the one to call for Jonathan when Yaardua was I'll. Stop crying and for once let facts and prudence dictate our thoughts and action.
The A PC alliance is not a tribal alliance. And I already forsee a igbo president as the next president after Buhari. So calm down my ppl it's okay.I f you want to know the next president just holler at me.

1 Like

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Nobody: 12:44am On Apr 28, 2015
safarigirl:
I don't think Nyone has ever added Edo State to Biafra sub-consciously......most people don't even remember they're in SS.

The major SS states considered are Akwa-Ibom, Cross River and Rivers....even Delta is an after-thought that only surfaced recently. If you're not from any of the 3 states mentioned, hold your own. You're not that important.

I have friends and relatives from those 3 states and trust me when I say they are more pro-Biafran than some Igbos
Delta? Go check map nor dey spew trash on NL..
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by bigfrancis21: 12:45am On Apr 28, 2015
kevinberry:

Well, Delta Igbo or Anioma is coming along this time around, alongside the Ijaw-speaking part of Delta. Our brothers shall not be left behind. Isokos, Urhobos can continue to remain irrelevant minorities in your Nigeria, with little or no control over your own natural resources.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by safarigirl(f): 12:46am On Apr 28, 2015
kevinberry:

I'm also from Delta, so wetin you dey claim for here? If I want to add Delta, I'll add them sef. Is your father from Delta that you want to dictate where it belongs?

2 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Nobody: 12:47am On Apr 28, 2015
Daykoozy:

The real question is where were all these folks the last 5 years. I hate to invoke tribes into my comments, but it seems Yorubas are the only tribe that votes based on merits and promise rather than the 'our son' mentality. It is a fact that Yorubas were Obasanjos' biggest critics and we were the one to call for Jonathan when Yaardua was I'll. Stop crying and for once let facts and prudence dictate our thoughts and action.
The A PC alliance is not a tribal alliance. And I already forsee a igbo president as the next president after Buhari. So calm down my ppl it's okay.I f you want to know the next president just holler at me.
Although I'm not in support of Nigeria disintegrating but what's your biz if the SS & SE wanna break away? Are they truly the zone feeding you? Why do you choose to hold them against their wish.?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by justNonso: 12:48am On Apr 28, 2015
Just as d infidel Buhari and co frustrated Gej administration wit boko haram we are going to make d government ungovernable for him wit his so called no nonsense, we will push for war which he will nt tolerate and lead to d eventual disintegration of dis ZOO. Hapi d SS hv nw realised d reason Ojukwu was fighting. And realised d secret behind d creation of 12 states by Gowon in 1967 to further divide SE. SS which would hv formed a formidable force, three days after OJUKWU declared sovereign state of BIAFRA. Coward yorubas that doesn't stands no where.

1 Like

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by emiye(m): 12:48am On Apr 28, 2015
safarigirl:
according to the map of Biafra, the shoeless one actually IS a Biafran.....he's just a clueless, foolish one that should totally be denied citizenship.

Stop deceiving yourself biafra girl. Which biafra do you belong to?? 1970 biafra or 2015 biafra grin

1970 biafra died at the defeat it received in the hands of NA.
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by nonjebose(m): 12:49am On Apr 28, 2015
safarigirl:
according to the map of Biafra, the shoeless one actually IS a Biafran.....he's just a clueless, foolish one that should totally be denied citizenship.

I have read thru several comments,but this one is totally off mark. That old map of biafra is no longer feasible. I am from SS and reside there. A plebiscite would reveal the true state of things to you. If there is anything like Lower Niger, that can be imagined,but stop using biafra for all ethnic groups in SS
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Nobody: 12:50am On Apr 28, 2015
safarigirl:
I'm also from Delta, so wetin you dey claim for here? If I want to add Delta, I'll add them sef. Is your father from Delta that you want to dictate where it belongs?

My father is an itshekiri man..am an itshekiri my mother is from edo state...for the fact that there are igbos in delta state does not mean delta want biafra...

Bookmark this page and reply me in the year 2019 there won't be any division..the whole world will frown at it..
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by safarigirl(f): 12:50am On Apr 28, 2015
Datazone:

Delta? Go check map nor dey spew trash on NL..
bros forget map. Delta been no wan join Biafra before, na recently their brain don dey set small small and they're still against it to an extent, if una wan secede tomorrow, know that Delta will not just jejely balance and welcome Biafra

If there are any states I can speak of with authority it's Delta and Akwa-Ibom states. One is on the fence with Biafra and the other is pro-Biafra
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Ayo8(m): 12:50am On Apr 28, 2015
dokyOloye:
But all d Yorubas in this forum are against d self determination aspirations of d SS$SE.Infact,they are d most vocal.
And my dear gentleman, what is Ur own opinion?

SS &SE self determination aspiration is a pipe dream...the earlier they realise dat the better for them... but I tell you, 3 generations from now the fantasy continues... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by nijanigga: 12:50am On Apr 28, 2015
The same South-South that Igbos nearly exterminated? Unlike , in the South west where igbos got back their properties ,even Ojukwu got back his in Lagos, not the same can be said in South-South, at least I know how ibos lost their properties in Port-Harcourt during the war.

2 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by hansad: 12:51am On Apr 28, 2015
WELL , CALL FOR REFERENDUM IN THE LOWER NIGER, OR CALL FOR TOTAL SECESSION FOR FLN, ANY GROUP INVOLVED IN THESE CALLS MUST EXECUTE ANY OF THESE EVENTS BEFORE MAY 29, 2015.

BEYOND MAY 29, 2015, NO BODY FROM LN CAN BELIEVE THE ORGANIZERS,

BECAUSE BY THEN, THE NEW GOVERNMENT WOULD HAVE STARTED SETTLING THE PRIVATE POCKETS OF THE ORGANISERS
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Nobody: 12:53am On Apr 28, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Well, Delta Igbo or Anioma is coming along this time around, alongside the Ijaw-speaking part of Delta. Our brothers shall not be left behind. Isokos, Urhobos can continue to remain irrelevant minorities in your Nigeria, with little or no control over your own natural resources.

Well am sure you can explain to me how EDO STATE will join biafra...

For the fact that there are igbos in delta does not make it belongs to the igbos
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by safarigirl(f): 12:53am On Apr 28, 2015
kevinberry:

My father is an itshekiri man..am an itshekiri my mother is from edo state...for the fact that there are igbos in delta state does not mean delta want biafra...

Bookmark this page and reply me in the year 2019 there won't be any division..the whole world will frown at it..
I know where Delta stands with Biafra. Itsekiri is a minority in Delta state compared to those Igbos, na lie?

Delta is not certain what it wants that's why I left them out to begin with....they're a confused bunch with internal issues anyway. Too busy quarreling about who's a minority and who isn't to bother about where they stand in the Nigeria/Biafra brouhaha
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Forwetinnah: 12:54am On Apr 28, 2015
raumdeuter:
Why dem no push for his self determination under the shoeless son that was recently booted out of Aso rock.

You better hold Jonathan tight and ask for anything you want before May 29

Take note, This is no-nonsense Buhari's regime not the clueless drunkard that was playing with his Boko Haram friends for 5yrs

Demand ko, Supply ni

No nonsense ko...no sense at all nii? This is a democracy, your ancestor general cannot do shiit
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Ilekeh(f): 12:54am On Apr 28, 2015
Have they declared it to Nigeria? Or was this just a beer parlor meeting?
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Nobody: 12:55am On Apr 28, 2015
safarigirl:
I know where Delta stands with Biafra. Itsekiri is a minority in Delta state compared to those Igbos, na lie?

Delta is not certain what it wants that's why I left them out to begin with....they're a confused bunch with internal issues anyway. Too busy quarreling about who's a minority and who isn't to bother about where they stand in the Nigeria/Biafra brouhaha

Well you can as well tell me that EDO stand with biafra..

During the last war..we betrayed you guys,this time around we will fight you guys...
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by elipheleh(m): 12:56am On Apr 28, 2015
nijanigga:
The same South-South that Igbos nearly exterminated? Unlike , in the South west where igbos got back their properties ,even Ojukwu got back his in Lagos, not the same can be said in South-South, at least I know how ibos lost their properties in Port-Harcourt during the war.

I see your intentions clearly. Poison our minds and cause disunity. ...but this time it won't work
God bless federation of Lower Niger. God bless biafra
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Nobody: 12:56am On Apr 28, 2015
SS and SE in the same country... so that the chest beating Ibo's can dominate them. This must be a joke grin
The new country would just be like the present oil rich south Sudan(one of the poorest countries in the world)...the ijaw vice president and his rebel soldiers fighting the ibo president and his military...

2 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by hansad: 12:57am On Apr 28, 2015
nijanigga:

You still bury your head in the events of about 45 years ago, while we are talking of today's Nigeria, and the possible future of your generations after you.
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by dokyOloye: 12:57am On Apr 28, 2015
Ayo8:

SS &SE self determination aspiration is a pipe dream...the earlier they realise dat the better for them... but I tell you, 3 generations from now the fantasy continues... grin grin grin
are U talking as WHO?
As in,who U be?
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Nobody: 12:58am On Apr 28, 2015
Ayo8:

Another one like I have pointed out, dorkoloye.
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by atlwireles: 12:58am On Apr 28, 2015
Let's stop pretending and find ways to end our collective suffering in this place called Nigeria. People across the SS are for once in their lives, taking their destiny in their hands.

4 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by elipheleh(m): 12:58am On Apr 28, 2015
safarigirl:

Then delta too will be divided. Igbos join biafra while itsekiris join Nigeria.
Simple

2 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by safarigirl(f): 12:59am On Apr 28, 2015
nonjebose:
I have read thru several comments,but this one is totally off mark. That old map of biafra is no longer feasible. I am from SS and reside there. A plebiscite would reveal the true state of things to you. If there is anything like Lower Niger, that can be imagined,but stop using biafra for all ethnic groups in SS
the actual Biafra hhas just 3 SS states...and yeah, Bayelsa isn't one of them. I was thinking of GEJ based on ethnicity and not region.

Even then, Ijaw isn't part of Biafra....another confused lot. Any SS State that isn't joining Biafra doesn't want to be under Nigeria...they want their own country....but there will sooner be a Biafra than a Niger Delta nation and failure to form a coalition with a stronger backing will lead to what occurred when APC and CPC merged and APGA was busy forming bad guys

4 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Nobody: 12:59am On Apr 28, 2015
nijanigga:
About 3weeks ago. The ibo elders were still making demands for their properties not returned to them by indigenes of port Harcourt. lol....if wishes were horses.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by justNonso: 1:04am On Apr 28, 2015
safarigirl:

Adaoma anyi ji eme onu. Ada Biafra, ndewo! Dalu for replying that fool, by the time he realizes boko haram must haramed him and members of his family. We don't need ur support Edo.

1 Like

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by nonjebose(m): 1:05am On Apr 28, 2015
safarigirl:
the actual Biafra hhas just 3 SS states...and yeah, Bayelsa isn't one of them. I was thinking of GEJ based on ethnicity and not region.

Even then, Ijaw isn't part of Biafra....another confused lot. Any SS State that isn't joining Biafra doesn't want to be under Nigeria...they want their own country....but there will sooner be a Biafra than a Niger Delta nation and failure to form a coalition with a stronger backing will lead to what occurred when APC and CPC merged and APGA was busy forming bad guys
Get the point. It is such statement as this that will make more SS states to back out of any arrangement that is based on falsehood
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by safarigirl(f): 1:05am On Apr 28, 2015
kevinberry:

Well you can as well tell me that EDO stand with biafra..

During the last war..we betrayed you guys,this time around we will fight you guys...
Edo is not in any equation as far as Biafra goes, and who are the 'we' you speak of? Two minrotiy tribes in Delta? Which 'guys' sef? Where do you think I'm from? And do you assume I was alive during the war? Were you alive?

Bros, Delta state does not want to remain with Nigeria. I can say that with AUTHORITY, just like I can say that they don't want to be with Biafra totally. Delta would most likely SPLIT up....with the Anioma people going with Biafra and then the minorities trying to form a sovereign state outside of both nations.

I do not know what will become of Edo, and I sincerely care not. As far as I'm concerned, those guys are more South West than South South

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

IPOB Is Sponsored By Looters And The Politically Disgruntled - Lai Mohammed / Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC / Buhari In Love With Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.