Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination (52783 Views)

IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports / IPOB Circulates 23rd Sit-At-Home Order In South-East & South-South (Snapshot) / Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by 49cents(m): 12:15am On Apr 28, 2015
safarigirl:
lol....andd where did all these things go? Where are they?

You have all these things yet you reject regionalism, you are all okay coming to Abuja to collect FG allocations, how many oil spills have occurred in SW? Is your land da,aged like that of the Niger Delta? Are your waters polluted? What is stopping Tinubu andd co from investing in cocoa plantations? How many mine and steel companies have been opened in SW? How many are fubctioning there? What do you guys even produce?

You have gold, you have cocoa and Ondo has more oil than SE, yet you are content with taking allocations from FG, the bitumen you have has no processing plant. The day FG removes subsidy in one of the freebies you are used to getting, you'll leave your government offices to go and shoki in Ojota in the name of protests....government shindren.

Lol @government shindren

You aare a bdt gurl walahi
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by elipheleh(m): 12:16am On Apr 28, 2015
Menace2Society:
Fact!TA Orji will be the first President of Biafra
Tara a. Back to sender. You dey curse us?
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by atlwireles: 12:17am On Apr 28, 2015
The movement has already started. Democracy is the tool we are going to use to create that tomorrow we seek for my children. People want a Nation, Nigeria is not it. Your election results did the wonders, many of us thought was never possible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Menace2Society(m): 12:17am On Apr 28, 2015
ifynwaba:
keep consoling yourself. we want to be ourselves period
Just tell your brothers to stop fighting one another at Ladipo market!
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by NovusHomo(m): 12:17am On Apr 28, 2015
ubyways:

Aboki, u are spitting buldshit. who cares if u guys cut food supply to the south. Is it force we stay together under the guise of one nigeria. what is wrong if u guys let us go our separate way? God!!

Could be we are not done f**king you.
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by GENTLENNAJI(m): 12:19am On Apr 28, 2015
their are not SE & SS, their are not group. for God sake call them Biafa. their are older than nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Menace2Society(m): 12:19am On Apr 28, 2015
elipheleh:

No be the son of the soil again?or u prefer Orji Uzor Kalu
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by IGBOSON1: 12:19am On Apr 28, 2015
Stolen:
From the looks of it, this group(LNC) is the real thing and set to pursue this mission to its logical end.

^^^This is the real McCoy! I'm loving it!

Let's either sit down as equals and chart the course this country will take....or it's curtains on the failed Lugard experiment! There are certain groups that i'd like to keep at arms length, even if we still have to share the same country!

2 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by elipheleh(m): 12:19am On Apr 28, 2015
GENTLENNAJI:
their are not SE & SS, their are not group. for God sake call them Biafa. their are older than nigeria.
guy rephrase this language
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Nobody: 12:20am On Apr 28, 2015
dokyOloye:
But all d Yorubas in this forum are against d self determination aspirations of d SS$SE.Infact,they are d most vocal.
And my dear gentleman, what is Ur own opinion?
True federation or self determination. Very simple.
N.B
Majority of respondents on nairaland are unfortunately illiterates and should never be taken seriously. [Readers Discretion is Advised].
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by NovusHomo(m): 12:21am On Apr 28, 2015
dandoki:
These people are just haemorraging, their body and their blood is still hot. The election result came to them as a great shocker. Give them time they would cool down eventually and settle down to normal life if nobody looks their way. Its not easy to watch as power literally slips through your fingers, but then that's demcracy at work. They should be told they have another chance come 2019. However shold they insist on exiting, aure vois!!!

Aurevoir. Adios. Ciao. O digba.
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by safarigirl(f): 12:21am On Apr 28, 2015
kevinberry:
I have said this words countless times

For the mere fact that there are Cameroun living in calaber does not means that calabar belongs to camerouns..

The mere fact that there are igbos living and residing in most SS state does not give them the right to force marriage with us the people of SS..

I can't and will never vote to join any biafra country

For their information..they better remove EDO STATE out of their so called south south part of territory and DELTA STATE as Well

If there should be a referendum today millons of people living here in SOUTH SOUTH will vote against it....we are not and we don't want to be part of biafra...

These people only speak for their selves and their pockets.....

The only way you can take SS as part of your so called country means war have to broke out...

And we all know the side the world power will support...
I don't think Nyone has ever added Edo State to Biafra sub-consciously......most people don't even remember they're in SS.

The major SS states considered are Akwa-Ibom, Cross River and Rivers....even Delta is an after-thought that only surfaced recently. If you're not from any of the 3 states mentioned, hold your own. You're not that important.

I have friends and relatives from those 3 states and trust me when I say they are more pro-Biafran than some Igbos

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Funmiladey(m): 12:21am On Apr 28, 2015
elipheleh:

Curse kwa, you aint seen nothing am sure Cameroon will still come and tell you some the land is theirs, by then France will supply them arms to destroy you... Let me save my bullets for the days it will really be needed
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by elipheleh(m): 12:22am On Apr 28, 2015
AdamsBashforth:

True federation or self determination. Very simple.
N.B
Majority of respondents on nairaland are unfortunately illiterates and should never be taken seriously. [Readers Discretion is Advised].
Sensible. I see you are right
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Nobody: 12:24am On Apr 28, 2015
Who will take them seriously if for eight years they shouted one Nigeria because one Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan was president. Jonathan even conducted a conference where they could have demanded for autonomy yet they did nothing.
Who made Nigeria a unitary country anyway?
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by bigfrancis21: 12:25am On Apr 28, 2015
Funmiladey:
And you wanna tell me nollywood can survive without Lagos? See you.... Do you know who potential customers are? I bet you a serious minded man will never leave lagos to help develop where there will be less patronage of his goods... And who told you nollywood is 2nd in world? Where did you keep hollywood and bollywood?

Nollywood's main distribution channels are also in Upper Iweka Onitsha and Ogbor Hill Aba. Alaba market is one of its distribution centers, to reach the wider Nigeria area.

It is simple, when we leave, we relocate our base to Enugu and still maintain our base in Alaba.

Yes, Nollywood is number 2 in terms of gross movie productions every year, ahead of hollywood at number 3, and third highest earning movie industry in the world, ahead of chinese and spanish movie industries - a feat achieved in less than 30 years. Thanks to Igbo boys.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by NovusHomo(m): 12:25am On Apr 28, 2015
bigfrancis21:
Now we are talking. Right action in the right direction.

Finally, the lower Niger has realized that a vote of referendum is what we need for self-actualization of our country. I mentioned this in an earlier thread.

And I am happy with the name: Federation of the Lower Niger (FLN). Such name does not reek as an Igbo-only affair and South-southerners will feel a sense of belonging in the country.

Up FLN!

Now, the states will need to be divided accordingly, based on linguistic similarities. I strongly suggest the capital of the country being carved from lower anambra, western imo, northern rivers and eastern delta, with centre around the river niger flowing through it, thus ensuring the city access to a water body. Then the niger delta will be dredged all the way to the atlantic ocean to provide ship and large water aircrafts access to the city.

Brilliant, wake me up when you are done telling the South - southerners they are going to be minority in an arrangement where you thrive on their oil. You are a genius with no equal. Now, clap for yourself.
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by IGBOSON1: 12:27am On Apr 28, 2015
duni04:
Igbos! Na wa for those peoole. Mtshewww! undecided

^^^Hehehehehe grin grin grin

Una eye don dey clear small small! wink
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by bigfrancis21: 12:27am On Apr 28, 2015
NovusHomo:

Brilliant, wake me up when you are done telling the South - southerners they are going to be minority in an arrangement where you thrive on their oil. You are a genius with no equal. Now, clap for yourself.

With FLN, SSers shall no longer be minorities. They shall be a majority in their own country, with full control over their own affairs, and managing their own resources the way they want to.

How do you expect the lower niger to be satisfied in Nigeria when its oil blocs are owned by mostly northerners who enrich themselves from royalties paid to them while the owners of the oil blocs have no say in their own natural resources located in their backyard?

One Nigeria is a joke.

And please, go to sleep and never wake up. One less hater.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Daykoozy(m): 12:28am On Apr 28, 2015
AmucheJane:
For me is just better they divide this country, period. Nigeria is to big to be called a nation. Yorubas should support us so that we will leave their land as they have wished. The southerners have been contributing very well to the economy of this country. Hausas and yorubas are somuch afraid to lose us, if not so why have they not supported us to leave this country called Nigeria? By his grace, one day this country will be divided, Amen.
How a fine babe like you come dey talk like this na cheesy. Don't you understand that the SE east has a lot to benefit from one naija. Your folks venture out more and take more risk for the sake of commerce. So give General Boo a chance to do his magic and the Ssouth and Seast will all say "what were we thinking". Now if you were a benefactor of Gluck's administration then that's a different sTory . Gluck did not perform at all at all, no other way to spin this.
If he had performed the first order of business would have been tackling the environmental crises in the delta, followed by laying a grand plan towards resource control for the oil producing states. I too believe in a true Federalism, but if their own Son failed to lead the way why now whine when there's change.
Buhari could really end up being a game-changer that would take care of business, but if he fails then we all can clamor for regionalism.

1 Like

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Ayo8(m): 12:29am On Apr 28, 2015
AmucheJane:
For me is just better they divide this country, period. Nigeria is to big to be called a nation. Yorubas should support us so that we will leave their land as they have wished. The southerners have been contributing very well to the economy of this country. Hausas and yorubas are somuch afraid to lose us, if not so why have they not supported us to leave this country called Nigeria? By his grace, one day this country will be divided, Amen.

In ur dreams @ Yorubas r afraid to lose u peeps...
Too bad you and ur people lack the ability to reason objectively...

2 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by themodernman: 12:29am On Apr 28, 2015
bigfrancis21:
Now we are talking. Right action in the right direction.

Finally, the lower Niger has realized that a vote of referendum is what we need for self-actualization of our country. I mentioned this in an earlier thread.

And I am happy with the name: Federation of the Lower Niger (FLN). Such name does not reek as an Igbo-only affair and South-southerners will feel a sense of belonging in the country.

Up FLN!

Now, the states will need to be divided accordingly, based on linguistic similarities. I strongly suggest the capital of the country being carved from lower anambra, western imo, northern rivers and eastern delta, with centre around the river niger flowing through it, thus ensuring the city access to a water body. Then the niger delta will be dredged all the way to the atlantic ocean to provide ship and large water aircrafts access to the city.

Dreamer.

1 Like

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by atlwireles: 12:29am On Apr 28, 2015
NovusHomo:

What are they in this current arrangement? Are you not thriving with their oil? Now clap for yourself. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by hansad: 12:30am On Apr 28, 2015
dandoki:
These people are just haemorraging, their body and their blood is still hot. The election result came to them as a great shocker. Give them time they would cool down eventually and settle down to normal life if nobody looks their way. Its not easy to watch as power literally slips through your fingers, but then that's demcracy at work. They should be told they have another chance come 2019. However shold they insist on exiting, aure vois!!!

After you used six years of BH violence and kidnap of Chibok girls to sack Jonathan you come to brag about victory.

Kwankwaso just said the north mobilized almajiris to sack Jonathan, in other words, we have an almajiri-made president in Buhari, in a country filled with too many well-educated people.
Where do you think Buhari shall take Nigeria to?

4 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Ilekeh(f): 12:31am On Apr 28, 2015
Was this declared online or on radio biafra?
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by safarigirl(f): 12:32am On Apr 28, 2015
NovusHomo:

south-south cannot be a minoity. There are ETHNIC minorities, not GEO-POLITICAL ones. Let me remind you that about 30% of South South is Igbo-speaking, probably more if you add places like Opobo.

And since Biafra plans to operate a regional government, petty issues like minorities will not be a problem. It is only in a dense nation like Nigeria with half-baked graduates and sentimental crooks running the government that such will be an issue

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by IGBOSON1: 12:34am On Apr 28, 2015
NovusHomo:

^^^So you read all he posted, and all you could think of was oyel!?

Maybe you're not aware that all the federations joing the new nation would join on an equal basis.....irrespective of their population, land mass, or any other wuruwuru some are using in present day Nigeria to hold others hostage! Are you also aware that Igboland has oil?

You're yet to tell us what your fear is! If you know you can't live without us then you better start acting like it!

1 Like

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by nduchucks: 12:35am On Apr 28, 2015
Lets hope their leaders know the wages of treason in this great country. Nuff said.
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Nobody: 12:36am On Apr 28, 2015
Tnycee:
Nigeria can never be divided in peace....all those calling for disintegration should be prepared for war.

Period!
Na your families go see the war
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Funmiladey(m): 12:36am On Apr 28, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Nollywood's main distribution channels are also in Upper Iweka Onitsha and Ogbor Hill Aba. Alaba market is one of its distribution centers, to reach the wider Nigeria area.

It is simple, when we leave, we relocate our base to Enugu and still maintain our base in Alaba.

Yes, Nollywood is number 2 in terms of gross movie productions every year, ahead of hollywood at number 3, and third highest earning movie industry in the world, ahead of chinese and spanish movie industries - a feat achieved in less than 30 years. Thanks to Igbo boys.
good one from you thanks for the enlightenment, bt will still have to do a research abt that on my own.... Back to business, you wanna tell me its everybody who decide to leave nigeria will make it over there in ur so caolled biafra? Ask Ghanians to lecture you how they suffered many of them never bounced back... Ask sudau too
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Nobody: 12:39am On Apr 28, 2015
Funmiladey:
Do you know these northerners are the ones supplying food to the whole country if you don't know ... Go down the history line and see what happened when they cut their supply to the south
Guy, relax. Importation dey ba? Forget their rice and beans plus onions.
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by bigfrancis21: 12:40am On Apr 28, 2015
themodernman:

Dreamer.

You are the dreamer. You do not realize the state of Nigeria when it is no longer in charge of the coffers of niger delta oyel. You are yet to realize the serious economic implications. With monies coming from the lower niger oyel ceased, salaries will be owed, economic activities will reduce as buyers will have less money to buy goods, flow of money around upper nigeria will drop drastically as the country will be thrown into confusion as to how to find for itself a new source of economic revenue, etc. With the economy thrown into such economic chaos and less available money to finance the economy, food production will also drastically stop. I don't need to remind you what the implications of food shortage are.

Instead of hating, why not put your brain into use and think of the consequences should lower niger pull out and strategies for your survival. That's how smart people think. Oh well, you need to revisit your secondary school economics book.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari / Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC / IPOB Is Sponsored By Looters And The Politically Disgruntled - Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.