Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination (52781 Views)

IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports / IPOB Circulates 23rd Sit-At-Home Order In South-East & South-South (Snapshot) / Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by hansad: 1:07am On Apr 28, 2015
safarigirl:
the actual Biafra hhas just 3 SS states...and yeah, Bayelsa isn't one of them. I was thinking of GEJ based on ethnicity and not region.

Even then, Ijaw isn't part of Biafra....another confused lot. Any SS State that isn't joining Biafra doesn't want to be under Nigeria...they want their own country....but there will sooner be a Biafra than a Niger Delta nation and failure to form a coalition with a stronger backing will lead to what occurred when APC and CPC merged and APGA was busy forming bad guys

Lol, too many abokis or Yoruba with fake names have finally joined to do divide-and-rule here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by safarigirl(f): 1:07am On Apr 28, 2015
nonjebose:
Get the point. It is such statement as this that will make more SS states to back out of any arrangement that is based on falsehood
whatever point you're trying to make is lost on me.

I've stated the 3 south-south states that are pro-Biafran, if you want to mention any others outside of those 3, then we are not on the same page
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Funmiladey(m): 1:08am On Apr 28, 2015
elipheleh:

Then delta too will be divided. Igbos join biafra while itsekiris join Nigeria.
Simple
the igbos in Asaba hat to be called igbos they prefer to be called delta igbo... As in they don't want to be identified with the real igbos
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by safarigirl(f): 1:09am On Apr 28, 2015
hansad:

Lol, too many abokis or Yoruba with fake names have finally joined to do divide-and-rule here.
who is a northerner or a yoruba? Hian, nekwa nk'a, biko clarify your statement, gini k'ine kwu?
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by elipheleh(m): 1:11am On Apr 28, 2015
Funmiladey:
the igbos in Asaba hat to be called igbos they prefer to be called delta igbo... As in they don't want to be identified with the real igbos
See child and foolish convincing. I lived in delta and you lived all your life in west. So how did you know this?

A beg park well and stop fretting at the sound of is leaving you guys .
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by safarigirl(f): 1:11am On Apr 28, 2015
Funmiladey:
whether na delta igbo, bendel igbo, arochukwu igbo....all na IGBO...and if they encounter a Yoruba man, the Yoruba man will still call them OMO IGBO....nobody but Delta Igbos give a shiiit about semantics

Those ones too get wahala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Nobody: 1:12am On Apr 28, 2015
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by nijanigga: 1:14am On Apr 28, 2015
saxywale:

About 3weeks ago. The ibo elders were still making demands for their properties not returned to them by indigenes of port Harcourt. lol....if wishes were horses.....
Abi o, that's why I was laughing when they said South-East and South-South unite to demand for actualization of biafra nation, what ruse.

3 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by nduchucks: 1:15am On Apr 28, 2015
yawn *
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by olatiler(m): 1:16am On Apr 28, 2015
AmucheJane:
For me is just better they divide this country, period. Nigeria is to big to be called a nation. Yorubas should support us so that we will leave their land as they have wished. The southerners have been contributing very well to the economy of this country. Hausas and yorubas are somuch afraid to lose us, if not so why have they not supported us to leave this country called Nigeria? By his grace, one day this country will be divided, Amen.
Why are you cry for support, you ppl should do it if you alll believe that you all have what it takes to do it and left others alone, toothless Dog

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by nijanigga: 1:16am On Apr 28, 2015
elipheleh:

I see your intentions clearly. Poison our minds and cause disunity. ...but this time it won't work
God bless federation of Lower Niger. God bless biafra
Try any non-sense again, even Late Chief Odumegwu Ojukwu ran away, when it was too hot, you will see say, Buhari not be clueless leader.

3 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Funmiladey(m): 1:17am On Apr 28, 2015
undecided undecided undecided undecided
safarigirl:
Edo is not in any equation as far as Biafra goes, and who are the 'we' you speak of? Two minrotiy tribes in Delta? Which 'guys' sef? Where do you think I'm from? And do you assume I was alive during the war? Were you alive?

Bros, Delta state does not want to remain with Nigeria. I can say that with AUTHORITY, just like I can say that they don't want to be with Biafra totally. Delta would most likely SPLIT up....with the Anioma people going with Biafra and then the minorities trying to form a sovereign state outside of both nations.

I do not know what will become of Edo, and I sincerely care not. As far as I'm concerned, those guys are more South West than South South
Go down the history line , then you'll know that yoruba kingdom doesn't stop in Edo it extends to the ijaws too..
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by ocelot2006(m): 1:17am On Apr 28, 2015
ezeagu:
Good.

This should be the map. United countries under one Biafran federation. Everybody with their own parliament united in one destiny.

if you do not fight for self-determination and Nigeria inevitably disintegrates, others will claim the glory of your independence. It will happen.

Why do you keep adding us (the SS) to your Biafran pipe dream? Can't the SE go it alone without dragging us into it?

5 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by nonjebose(m): 1:18am On Apr 28, 2015
Daykoozy:

The real question is where were all these folks the last 5 years. I hate to invoke tribes into my comments, but it seems Yorubas are the only tribe that votes based on merits and promise rather than the 'our son' mentality. It is a fact that Yorubas were Obasanjos' biggest critics and we were the one to call for Jonathan when Yaardua was I'll. Stop crying and for once let facts and prudence dictate our thoughts and action.
The A PC alliance is not a tribal alliance. And I already forsee a igbo president as the next president after Buhari. So calm down my ppl it's okay.I f you want to know the next president just holler at me.
Most sensible post

3 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by nonjebose(m): 1:22am On Apr 28, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Well, Delta Igbo or Anioma is coming along this time around, alongside the Ijaw-speaking part of Delta. Our brothers shall not be left behind. Isokos, Urhobos can continue to remain irrelevant minorities in your Nigeria, with little or no control over your own natural resources.
And who made an authority on this. Even Rtd Col Achuzia cannot make such a statement for Delta ibos .
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Tnycee(m): 1:22am On Apr 28, 2015
You lack wisdom...
You think you will just sit on a round table, use compass and ruler to divide this country. you are craving for the country to divide as if you know what is involved in it. Use your brain before you quote me next time (I believe you still have one)

Kingscee:
Na your families go see the war
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Funmiladey(m): 1:23am On Apr 28, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]uote author=safarigirl post=33182746]whether na delta igbo, bendel igbo, arochukwu igbo....all na IGBO...and if they encounter a Yoruba man, the Yoruba man will still call them OMO IGBO....nobody but Delta Igbos give a shiiit about semantics

Those ones too get wahala[/quote] all these you're saying is just a mere imagination cos I will agree you've not been to the dtreet and ask for the opinion of an avearge igbo man abt this.... I've met an igbo pastor who's also a business man , he said he prefer to transact business with a youruba or hausa man cos of sincerity instead of doing such with a fellow igbo man
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by NovusHomo(m): 1:23am On Apr 28, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^So you read all he posted, and all you could think of was oyel!?

Maybe you're not aware that all the federations joing the new nation would join on an equal basis.....irrespective of their population, land mass, or any other wuruwuru some are using in present day Nigeria to hold others hostage! Are you also aware that Igboland has oil?

You're yet to tell us what your fear is! If you know you can't live without us then you better start acting like it!

Didn't you guys say you were Jewish or something like that?

1 Like

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by hansad: 1:23am On Apr 28, 2015
Daykoozy:

The real question is where were all these folks the last 5 years. I hate to invoke tribes into my comments, but it seems Yorubas are the only tribe that votes based on merits and promise rather than the 'our son' mentality. It is a fact that Yorubas were Obasanjos' biggest critics and we were the one to call for Jonathan when Yaardua was I'll. Stop crying and for once let facts and prudence dictate our thoughts and action.
The A PC alliance is not a tribal alliance. And I already forsee a igbo president as the next president after Buhari. So calm down my ppl it's okay.I f you want to know the next president just holler at me.

You said little or nothing. What did north achieve with holding the leadership of Nigeria for donkey years?

Did anyone tell that because his group does not present Nigeria's president is the reason for the present agitation against Nigeria from the LNF?

Main issue is that Nigeria was politically structured by military dictators to favour far north and to fail.

It is difficult to practice this increasingly over centralized form of unitary government in a multI-ethnic Nigeria.

What suits Nigeria and can guarantee its unity and development is regional government system and fiscal federalism.

But instead of the north and southwest to join to return fiscal federalism or restructure the polity for a better Nigeria, the north and southwest rather made political alliance whose inner motivation was to further exploit proceds from minearal resources in the southsouth and southeast

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by ubyways(m): 1:26am On Apr 28, 2015
NovusHomo:

Could be we are not done f**king you.
which
useless piece of shit,u aren't done f**king ur numerous step mom. u think ur incessant breeding will stop the doom await this scam entity?
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by nonjebose(m): 1:29am On Apr 28, 2015
kevinberry:

Well am sure you can explain to me how EDO STATE will join biafra...

For the fact that there are igbos in delta does not make it belongs to the igbos
Don't mind him
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by DesChyko: 1:35am On Apr 28, 2015
ExInferis:

The hypocrisy of your contention is nauseating.

1. There is no democracy where majority doesnt always carry the vote, except in a constitutionally anomalous society such as ours with a rotary system of patronage

2. When majority vote a certain way, minority a different way, and the majority wins, its neither oppression nor conspiracy. Its simply a game of numbers. The person who lost must have once won too.

3. There doesnt have to be a conspiracy for a failing dullard to lose elctions. People do sometimes get fed up, you know.

4. There's no nation on earth where national resources are laid claim to by a smaller geopolitical segment. To suggest the economic mainstay of over 170 million should be subject to the ownership whims and caprices of that smaller segment is self destructive. Resources are commonwealth, not fiefdoms. Hold your governors responsible for your quagmire.

Lastly, consider this:

After the ss/se secedes, then what? What happens in the new joint biafra between the igbo and the ijaws, itsekiri, urhobo and the many tribes of new country?

I'll tell you. The game begins all over:

Interests
Oil politics
Tribalism
Elections
Mudslinging
Divisions
Claims of oppression and conspiracy
Skirmishes
Secessionist demands

Its a vicious circle.

Dude, you're just spoiling for a fight.
If the converse is the case, isolate every atom of vileness and untoward uncivility in your post and address me once more. I believe on a careful, unbiased analysis of my original submission, you'ld decipher the subtle message in it and spare me this rehash of an already 'noted' fact.
Else, I won't be drawn into your mudslinging banter.
I get enough challenges in 'real life' as it is.
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by safarigirl(f): 1:36am On Apr 28, 2015
Funmiladey:
[color=#006600][/color]uote author=safarigirl post=33182746]whether na delta igbo, bendel igbo, arochukwu igbo....all na IGBO...and if they encounter a Yoruba man, the Yoruba man will still call them OMO IGBO....nobody but Delta Igbos give a shiiit about semantics

Those ones too get wahala all these you're saying is just a mere imagination cos I will agree you've not been to the dtreet and ask for the opinion of an avearge igbo man abt this.... I've met an igbo pastor who's also a business man , he said he prefer to transact business with a youruba or hausa man cos of sincerity instead of doing such with a fellow igbo man
wetin carry that one enter gist? Been to what streets kwanu! And what does an Igbo man's preference for who he does business with concern the fact that all Igbo is Igbo?

This is what people do when they have nothing sensible to contribute- they digress. Goodnight abeg, e be like say your eye don dey turn you
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by HzRF(m): 1:36am On Apr 28, 2015
raumdeuter:
Why dem no push for his self determination under the shoeless son that was recently booted out of Aso rock.

You better hold Jonathan tight and ask for anything you want before May 29

Take note, This is no-nonsense Buhari's regime not the clueless drunkard that was playing with his Boko Haram friends for 5yrs

Demand ko, Supply ni
Baba one chance DAT was dethroned without a single shot
Lwkmd
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by nonjebose(m): 1:37am On Apr 28, 2015
safarigirl:
I know where Delta stands with Biafra. Itsekiri is a minority in Delta state compared to those Igbos, na lie?

Delta is not certain what it wants that's why I left them out to begin with....they're a confused bunch with internal issues anyway. Too busy quarreling about who's a minority and who isn't to bother about where they stand in the Nigeria/Biafra brouhaha
Why do you keep saying what you don't know. Delta state is more united than you can ever imagine. The political arrangement that was successfully midwifed is a case study. While many SE states are having problems with power sharing among the diff grps,Delta has largely succeeded
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by OboloMAN: 1:39am On Apr 28, 2015
ojsmscom:
If these poeple are going,then we d southwest will get our oduduwa nation too because we cant be with d notherners abeg

Hahaha.... why is everyone running from the North?

#FearNorth
#BabaOneChance
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by safarigirl(f): 1:41am On Apr 28, 2015
Funmiladey:
undecided undecided undecided undecided Go down the history line , then you'll know that yoruba kingdom doesn't stop in Edo it extends to the ijaws too..
go and tell an Ijaw man that he has Yoruba lineage and come back and tell me what he says.

Ijaw isn't part of the Biafran nation. The 3 states I mentioned have no Ijaw representation. If you want to discuss anything outside of Akwa-Ibom, Rivers and C/River, find someone else to indulge you
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by hidee20(m): 1:46am On Apr 28, 2015
According to him, President Goodluck Jonathan
lost out in the last elections, not necessarily due to
incompetence, ....................grin
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by safarigirl(f): 1:46am On Apr 28, 2015
nonjebose:
Why do you keep saying what you don't know. Delta state is more united than you can ever imagine. The political arrangement that was successfully midwifed is a case study. While many SE states are having problems with power sharing among the diff grps,Delta has largely succeeded
oh....now you'll tell me all the Warri people were happy with Okowa's emergence as Governor.

I'm not saying what I don't know. Delta state is not united abeg. Aniomas still want their own state and just yesterday, the Urhobos and Itsekiris were here telling everyone that Warri is the real capital of Delta and Asaba is the 'capital of Anioma'

United indeed, bros I'm Deltan, I know wetin dey sup for there. You can tell me Cross River and Rivers have united people, but unity in Delta state? Save that story for babies abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Daykoozy(m): 1:50am On Apr 28, 2015
Datazone:

Although I'm not in support of Nigeria disintegrating but what's your biz if the SS & SE wanna break away? Are they truly the zone feeding you? Why do you choose to hold them against their wish.?
I haven't been a residence since the mid 90s, so the oil money ain't coming to my table. My question is why haven't we heard this clamor until right after the election. The truth is Jonathan set back the Delta region due to his inactions. I for one believe in resources control as it is fair.
if you truly want a Regional Nigeria the score has to be settled amongst its advocates and concerned states; but we all know that is impossible every tribe in the so called producing states put pen to paper then we can say that day is here. Knowing naija this dream Will remain an illusion pursued by those who incessantly pursue the mirage.
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by babilicious: 1:53am On Apr 28, 2015
They hate us, insult and abuse us, call us third class citizens and treat us as such..yEt they won't let us go...which kind wahala bi this nah....pls let us go ooooooooooo and stand on our own pls...we must be very important and valuable oooo and is not a matter of replying me here and saying go now or get out...pls tell ur thiefnibu abi na Tinubu and Buhari to pls allow us go peacefully.......we want peaceful exit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by nonjebose(m): 1:57am On Apr 28, 2015
safarigirl:
oh....now you'll tell me all the Warri people were happy with Okowa's emergence as Governor.

I'm not saying what I don't know. Delta state is not united abeg. Aniomas still want their own state and just yesterday, the Urhobos and Itsekiris were here telling everyone that Warri is the real capital of Delta and Asaba is the 'capital of Anioma'

United indeed, bros I'm Deltan, I know wetin dey sup for there. You can tell me Cross River and Rivers have united people, but unity in Delta state? Save that story for babies abeg
Well, you are free to think that the overwhelming result he got from 18 LGAs is a mean feat. Unity in diversity

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Saraki Has Removed APC From His Official Twitter Handle(photo) / Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari / IPOB Is Sponsored By Looters And The Politically Disgruntled - Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.