Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination (52778 Views)

IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports / IPOB Circulates 23rd Sit-At-Home Order In South-East & South-South (Snapshot) / Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by ifynwaba(m): 11:57pm On Apr 27, 2015
I keep saying this everywhere ' I AM NOT A NIGERIAN SO IS MY CHILDREN AND EVERYTHING I HAVE
I AM FROM A COUNTRY KNOWN AS BIAFRA

2 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Nobody: 11:57pm On Apr 27, 2015
I bet you the leaders of this group re from the Igbo related tribe in SS, shake my head, let dem b referendum then SE una go know weather we re in alliance or nt,...rubbish

GEJ my Hero, God bless SS, God Bless Delta State, God bless Urhobo
........ God bless u

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Nobody: 11:57pm On Apr 27, 2015
l.n.c will roll out our laws and our objectives .

we want out of Nigga-area period .

don't negotiate nothing else than referendum and pull out timely .

we will pull out of ZOO grin grin

wallahi i see freedom coming .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by adebisicutie: 11:59pm On Apr 27, 2015
TRIBALSTOOGE:
l.n.c will roll out our laws and our objectives .

we want out of Nigga-area period .

don't negotiate nothing else than referendum and pull out timely .

we will pull out of ZOO grin grin

wallahi i see freedom coming .

Your attention is need on the thread below

https://www.nairaland.com/2280952/pwc-report-latest-cbn-npdc
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by ExInferis(m): 11:59pm On Apr 27, 2015
DesChyko:

That being said, I also believe the division is long overdue. The bone of contention is the 'oil' which other regions of Nigerial also rely heavily on for sustenance. I'ld have thought that he who pays the piper dictates the tune, but in Nigeria, the population of the Northerners are really oppressing every other region and that is so not cool.

The hypocrisy of your contention is nauseating.

1. There is no democracy where majority doesnt always carry the vote, except in a constitutionally anomalous society such as ours with a rotary system of patronage

2. When majority vote a certain way, minority a different way, and the majority wins, its neither oppression nor conspiracy. Its simply a game of numbers. The person who lost must have once won too.

3. There doesnt have to be a conspiracy for a failing dullard to lose elctions. People do sometimes get fed up, you know.

4. There's no nation on earth where national resources are laid claim to by a smaller geopolitical segment. To suggest the economic mainstay of over 170 million should be subject to the ownership whims and caprices of that smaller segment is self destructive. Resources are commonwealth, not fiefdoms. Hold your governors responsible for your quagmire.

Lastly, consider this:

After the ss/se secedes, then what? What happens in the new joint biafra between the igbo and the ijaws, itsekiri, urhobo and the many tribes of new country?

I'll tell you. The game begins all over:

Interests
Oil politics
Tribalism
Elections
Mudslinging
Divisions
Claims of oppression and conspiracy
Skirmishes
Secessionist demands

Its a vicious circle.

2 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Funmiladey(m): 11:59pm On Apr 27, 2015
safarigirl:
if till today, most of you still don't know that IMO and Abia states are also under Niger Delta and those states also have oil, then you lot are the confused people.

Even Enugu has oil seff...3 of 5 states have oil, how many SW stages have oil? And you said you're in Onitsha, hiw many people have attacked you there like Igbos and SS have been attacked in your land?

It is only a delusional person or a person in fear that will seperate those 2 regions. SS is just a geo-political entity. For those who didn't study Geography, know now that SS is in the EAST
well I'm very sure a youruba man can never and will never be given the chance to aspire as a secretary at landlords meeting talk less of councillor, bt here we have some of your ppl in the govt cabinet some are councillors some are local govt chairmen some in the state house of assembly

Ohh SS you say is same as SE meaning Edo and delta are same as Igbo,when delta Igbo and the real Igbo are always fighting discrimination among them

C'mon we all too enlightened here to be fooled by some cooked fake stories

5 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by 49cents(m): 12:00am On Apr 28, 2015
IdiAmin1:
I'm not comfortable with this SS/SE alliance at all. Biafra if realized is likely to face church denominational problem(catholic and Anglican wahala) so a merger of the two regions will be catastrophic. The Nigeria/biafra war will be a child's play compared to Massob/MEND undecided

When there is money fight will cease

Imgine the allocaation from oil from 36 states now for only 11 sates

All the graduates in these 11 state working in the aavailbale spaces in shell and co

The lower niger country go sweet die

The oil money built laagosa and the north

Its time we go our seperaate ways

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Rotimi47: 12:00am On Apr 28, 2015
safarigirl:
if till today, most of you and still don't know that IMO and Abia states are also under Niger Delta and those states also have oil, then you lot are the confused people.

Even Enugu has oil seff...3 of 5 states have oil, how many SW stages have oil? And you said you're in Onitsha, hiw many people have attacked you there like Igbos and SS have been attacked in your land?

It is only a delusional person or a person in fear that will seperate those 2 regions. SS is just a geo-political entity. For those who didn't study Geography, know now that SS is in the EAST
see your life ; Ondo state have more oil than the whole South East so stop making comments that's funny! The bitumen used to construct Nigerian roads comes from the west, Ondo & Ogun states, Lagos has oil & one of , if not the largest gas deposit in Nigeria, The west soil is the most fertile all round in Nigeria for agricultural purposes not to talk about gold & precious stones located in Osun, Oyo & Ondo states. Your Biafra will split into 2 or more countries whenever you leave & you will wish you have stayed back as part of Nigeria. Some of the oil you people are claiming as yours belong & is in kogi state so you wish!

2 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by elipheleh(m): 12:00am On Apr 28, 2015
Wow freedom at last. The taste of it is soo fresh

1 Like

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by safarigirl(f): 12:00am On Apr 28, 2015
Funmiladey:
but can I ask you a question, were your mouths and brains sealed up when that shoeless man that is not even a biafran ruling and when he won in 2011 I could rember he had over 1,000,000 in Lagos alone... Then it wasn't a conspiracy against the Yoruba or the North?
according to the map of Biafra, the shoeless one actually IS a Biafran.....he's just a clueless, foolish one that should totally be denied citizenship.

2 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by themodernman: 12:01am On Apr 28, 2015
BabaO2:

1. There is nothing like SE-SS, it is either SE or SS, both are not one and can never be one.
2. same way groundnut and coacoa money was spent on your forefathers before discovering of oil in SS ,,,, not SE though
3. same way jonathan led Nigeria for 6 years, now because he lost, you want to pull out of Nigeria. what uncivilized way of life.
what is SE bringing to the table really?
Even if SS and SE seceded, it will be most embarrassing and agonizing for SE, because you have nothing and you will be maximally marginalized by greedy tendency of SS as depicted by shepopotamous, egbere jonathan, mujahideen dokubo, alamieyeseigha.

SE are very funny people I swear. grin

2 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Funmiladey(m): 12:02am On Apr 28, 2015
dokyOloye:
That same untapped oil in Borno has been searched for for over 10yrs at d cost of several hundreds of millions of dollars wtout being located.
that's where the Nigerian and the PDP factor sets in , while the PDP govt have been so busy searching Niger searched found it and also built refinery with just $250m.
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by bigfrancis21: 12:02am On Apr 28, 2015
[s]
Rotimi47:
You lied here! Who told you the Hausa's & the Yoruba's will miss you? You people Will suffer in a way that another word will have to created do as to define your suffering; you people should ask yourself which people patronize your goods & Ware's more? The Yoruba's as you all sell similar things & if so, who will patronize you? You get most of your agricultural products from the north, tell me how are you going to survive? I know you will say importation from Cameroon etc, but at what price? Even the case of the south south is worse; let me tell you the truth whenever Nigeria breaks up the Igbo's will fight serious civil war amongst themselves, they will try to overran the south south with arms & the North & the West will not border to assist the south south & neither will they help whenever Cameroon attacks any of you. The West will do better than any other region in Nigeria on her own & the North will be assisted by Islamic countries. The East will be a burden to herself, I would have love to really analyze deeply but I don't need to at this time. I wish people can lean from other countries eg Sudan the World youngest nation. You spoke about Scotland, but note that Scotland survives majorly because she is part if UK.
[/s]

Empty thrash. We are used to your usual 'doomsday' predictions. SSers are much awake now. They realize the seed of discord planted between them and their culturally similar SE brothers since 1970s as a mere attempt to take advantage of them.

What you should be thinking of now is ways to forge your upper nigeria half country forward when the lower niger secedes. With over 70% of Nigeria's current economy dependent on the oil of lower niger, upper nigeria will be plunged into wanton economic stress.

Lower Niger will be pulling out also with its nollywood. With nollywood and crude oil out of Nigeria - two heavy areas Nigeria is known worldwide positively for, I wonder what will be left of your so-called Nigeria.

Lower Niger has the human capital development and resources. Trust the Ibibios, Igbos and Ijaws in their creativity. The same way Nollywood was moved from a non-existent movie industry in the 80s, during its inception, to number 2 in the world is the same way FLN will skyrocket before your korokoro eyes in less than 20 years. You guys will be queuing up at our dear embassy in your nigeria begging for mere visitor's visa to escape your dungeon Nigeria as usual.

Not only oil, but our economy will be diversified to make it more viable. With smaller land mass, proper control of the country will be easier to manage and constant power electricity will become feasible. We will generate twice the electricity that we need, such that we will sell to neighbouring countries lavishing in constant power outage, including Nigeria. Business is business. International trade must be balanced.

Truth be told, Ijaws and Ibibios share very similar cultures with Igbos than any other groups in Nigeria, In fact, the major difference between these groups in the lower niger is language. When it comes to culture, Igbos and Ibibios share over 90% culture, traits, behaviour, etc. Lower Niger is a homogenous region and should be allowed to be alone as such.

With a country of ours, all unnecessary I-no-be-Ibo coming from certain Igbo-communities will stop given that they are no longer under the pressure of Nigeria to deny their Igboness to gain favour and acceptance from other Nigerians.

The talents of SE have been suppressed for too long. Allow us just 20 years, and you won't smell our back how much more seeing it.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Funmiladey(m): 12:04am On Apr 28, 2015
safarigirl:
according to the map of Biafra, the shoeless one actually IS a Biafran.....he's just a clueless, foolish one that should totally be denied citizenship.

my question is "why was it not a conspiracy when the yourubas and the northerners voted him in 2011?"

1 Like

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by dokyOloye: 12:04am On Apr 28, 2015
AdamsBashforth:

Your view are not really accurate. Some right thinking Yoruba elders were against tinubu's "change". But you know now, youths these days hardly read, talk-less of discern.
But all d Yorubas in this forum are against d self determination aspirations of d SS$SE.Infact,they are d most vocal.
And my dear gentleman, what is Ur own opinion?
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by mekadinho(f): 12:05am On Apr 28, 2015
D TRUTH IS DAT THE 1914 AMALGAMATION IS A FAKE, WE NEED TO ASK OUR IF WE WANNA BE IN THE SAME COUNTRY WITH NORTHEARNERS...

1 Like

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by emiye(m): 12:06am On Apr 28, 2015
safarigirl:
buildh which roads? Go to SE and ask who built most of the roads.....which Government built roads in places like Abia and Ebonyi states?

That FG is giving SG money does not mean the people are seeing it. Read and comprehend what I wrote instead of quoting me to write meaningless epistles

if the govt heads u have from SE is collecting FG allocation and doing nothing with it, and una keep quiet, na im be say all of una mumu, and by the way, Self determination will then make your condition worse, as the same set of leaders will govern over you, this time , having greater powers and control. Keep deceiving yourself there o, Enugu, ebonyi are what they call civil service states, let FG stop sending allocation to SE states, then yo go know wattsup
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by MrMcJay(m): 12:06am On Apr 28, 2015
Before you declare biafra, I would like the folowing people to support it and not some faceless folk hiding behind a keyboard.

Orji Uzor Kalu
Jim Ovia
Tony Elumelu
Chief Emeka Anyaoku

Owners of the following businesses
SLOT
Chisco
ABC
Chelsea Hotels
GUO Motors
Orange Drugs
Capital Oil

Also, is the SE prepared to feed itself if it pulls out today? If you are still depending on food from the North to feed you, it is very dangerous. 5 trailer loads of poisoned onions sent to the east is enough to end the Biafran struggle.

Also, the struggle should be led by intellectuals and not illiterate and hungry troublemakers.

If these things are not fixed, Biafra is no more effective than mere beer parlour gist.

5 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by godwin120alex: 12:08am On Apr 28, 2015
Ok
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by safarigirl(f): 12:08am On Apr 28, 2015
Rotimi47:
see you life Ondo state have more oil than the whole South East so stop making comments that's funny! The bitumen used to construct Nigerian roads comes from the west, Ondo & Ogun state s, Lagos has oil & one if not the largest gas deposit in Nigeria, The west soil is the most fertile all round in Nigeria for agricultural purposes not to talk about gold & precious stones located in Osun, Oyo & Ondo states. Your Biafra will split into 2 or more countries whenever you leave & you will wish you have stayed back as part of Nigeria. You wish!
lol....andd where did all these things go? Where are they?

You have all these things yet you reject regionalism, you are all okay coming to Abuja to collect FG allocations, how many oil spills have occurred in SW? Is your land damaged like that of the Niger Delta? Are your waters polluted? What is stopping Tinubu and co from investing in cocoa plantations? How many mine and steel companies have been opened in SW? How many are functioning there? What do you guys even produce?

You have gold, you have cocoa and Ondo has more oil than SE, yet you are content with taking allocations from FG, the bitumen you have has no processing plant. The day FG removes subsidy in one of the freebies you are used to getting, you'll leave your government offices to go and shoki in Ojota in the name of protests....government shindren.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by NovusHomo(m): 12:09am On Apr 28, 2015
Funmiladey:
am really surprised most of you just comment here without carrying out proper research, mind you there's oil that has not been tapped in borno state on the chad basin so stop ranting as if you're a saviour

Add Lagos to that as well as the riverine areas of Ondo State.
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Nobody: 12:09am On Apr 28, 2015
I have said this words countless times

For the mere fact that there are Cameroun living in calaber does not means that calabar belongs to camerouns..

The mere fact that there are igbos living and residing in most SS state does not give them the right to force marriage with us the people of SS..

I can't and will never vote to join any biafra country

For their information..they better remove EDO STATE out of their so called south south part of territory and DELTA STATE as Well

If there should be a referendum today millons of people living here in SOUTH SOUTH will vote against it....we are not and we don't want to be part of biafra...

These people only speak for their selves and their pockets.....

The only way you can take SS as part of your so called country means war have to broke out...

And we all know the side the world power will support...

4 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by 49cents(m): 12:09am On Apr 28, 2015
ojsmscom:
If these poeple are going,then we d southwest will get our oduduwa nation too because we cant be with d notherners abeg

Is buhari not your saai Babaa aagain

Even if u stay on your own, you still haave Tinubu to deal with

Goodluck to you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by dokyOloye: 12:10am On Apr 28, 2015
safarigirl:
if till today, most of you still don't know that IMO and Abia states are also under Niger Delta and those states also have oil, then you lot are the confused people.

4 states in d east have oil, remember Anambra has too.
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Dathommie(m): 12:10am On Apr 28, 2015
Rotimi47:
You lied here! Who told you the Hausa's & the Yoruba's will miss you? You people Will suffer in a way that another word will have to be created as to define your suffering; you people should ask yourself which people patronize your goods & Ware's more? The Yoruba's as you all sell similar things & if so, who will patronize you? You get most of your agricultural products from the north, tell me how are you going to survive? I know you will say importation from Cameroon etc, but at what price? Even the case of the south south is worse; let me tell you the truth whenever Nigeria breaks up the Igbo's will fight serious civil war amongst themselves, they will try to overran the south south with arms & the North & the West will not border to assist the south south & neither will they help whenever Cameroon attacks any of you. The West will do better than any other region in Nigeria on her own & the North will be assisted by Islamic countries. The East will be a burden to herself, I would have love to really analyze deeply but I don't need to at this time. I wish people can lean from other countries eg Sudan the World youngest nation. You spoke about Scotland, but note that Scotland survives majorly because she is part if UK.

buhahahahahahaha.....Lmao!!

Go tell that to 'isreal'!!!

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Menace2Society(m): 12:11am On Apr 28, 2015
Seun!U need to do something about this people!All this foolish threads should be banned this is not radio Biafra undecided Ibos must go

2 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by hansad: 12:13am On Apr 28, 2015
philips70:

I know Ms Briggs more than you do and I can authoritatively tell you she is not indispensable. If she dares the Nigerian state she will be treated like a common criminal. But if she does with normal advocacy like she's been doing she will be treated with respect. I only just wish she don't join touts in her struggles.

You advice A. Briggs do advocacy all her life while you form alliance to exploit her backyard in guise of One Nigeria?

Perhaps you don't know, with or without crude oil and gas deposits, if in the last 40 years Oduduwa had been a country, the whole of Southwest of Nigeria blessed with all mineral and human resources would have been far more advanced than what it is today - forget the glitter of Lagos; the rest of SW has remained thatch and mud houses and under-developed, much even remain like in the Danfodian era.

So use intelligence, stop attacking LNF, A. Briggs, and any thing that can enhance Oduduwa Republic.

But then, if Yoruba so love Arewa that thay cannot stay alone in one country without Arewa, what stops Oduduwa from forming a country with Arewa and leave the LNF alone?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by mekadinho(f): 12:13am On Apr 28, 2015
duni04:
Igbos! Na wa for those peoole. Mtshewww! undecided
Eyaaaah... E pain u? Sorry oh... South southerners just woke from slumber, nxt ll b ofe ppl, Nigeria ll divide one day, tk it or leave it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by safarigirl(f): 12:14am On Apr 28, 2015
emiye:

if the govt heads u have from SE is collecting FG allocation and doing nothing with it, and una keep quiet, na im be say all of una mumu, and by the way, Self determination will then make your condition worse, as the same set of leaders will govern over you, this time , having greater powers and control. Keep deceiving yourself there o, Enugu, ebonyi are what they call civil service states, let FG stop sending allocation to SE states, then yo go know wattsup
let FG stop na....who gives a flying duck? Ebonyi civil wetin? The only thing Ebonyi people know are their farm lands......

FG cam stop whatever.....where was the FG when Easterners were buying fuel at 75 naira while others were buying at 65? The Nigerian government has done their worst to them, nothing dem fit do again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Menace2Society(m): 12:14am On Apr 28, 2015
49cents:

Is buhari not your saai Babaa aagain

Even if u stay on your own, you still haave Tinubu to deal with

Goodluck to you
Fact!TA Orji will be the first President of Biafra

1 Like

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by ifynwaba(m): 12:14am On Apr 28, 2015
Rotimi47:
see your life ; Ondo state have more oil than the whole South East so stop making comments that's funny! The bitumen used to construct Nigerian roads comes from the west, Ondo & Ogun states, Lagos has oil & one of , if not the largest gas deposit in Nigeria, The west soil is the most fertile all round in Nigeria for agricultural purposes not to talk about gold & precious stones located in Osun, Oyo & Ondo states. Your Biafra will split into 2 or more countries whenever you leave & you will wish you have stayed back as part of Nigeria. Some of the oil you people are claiming as yours belong & is in kogi state so you wish!
keep consoling yourself. we want to be ourselves period

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Funmiladey(m): 12:15am On Apr 28, 2015
bigfrancis21:
[s][/s]

Empty thrash. We are used to your usual 'doomsday' predictions. SSers are much awake now. They realize the seed of discord planted between them and their culturally similar SE brothers since 1970s as a mere attempt to take advantage of them.

What you should be thinking of now is ways to forge your upper nigeria half country forward when the lower niger secedes. With over 70% of Nigeria's current economy dependent on the oil of lower niger, upper nigeria will be plunged into wanton economic stress.

Lower Niger will be pulling out also with its nollywood. With nollywood and crude oil out of Nigeria - two heavy areas Nigeria is known worldwide positively for, I wonder what will be left of your so-called Nigeria.

Lower Niger has the human capital development and resources. Trust the Ibibios, Igbos and Ijaws in their creativity. The same way Nollywood was moved from a non-existent movie industry in the 80s, during its inception, to number 2 in the world is the same way FLN will skyrocket before your korokoro eyes in less than 20 years. You guys will be queuing up at our dear embassy in your nigeria begging for mere visitor's visa to escape your dungeon Nigeria as usual.

Not only oil, but our economy will be diversified to make it more viable. With smaller land mass, proper control of the country will be easier to manage and constant power electricity will become feasible. We will generate twice the electricity that we need, such that we will sell to neighbouring countries lavishing in constant power outage, including Nigeria. Business is business. International trade must be balanced.

Truth be told, Ijaws and Ibibios share very similar cultures with Igbos than any other groups in Nigeria, In fact, the major difference between these groups in the lower niger is language. When it comes to culture, Igbos and Ibibios share over 90% culture, traits, behaviour, etc. Lower Niger is a homogenous region and should be allowed to be alone as such.

With a country of ours, all unnecessary I-no-be-Ibo coming from certain Igbo-communities will stop given that they are no longer under the pressure of Nigeria to deny their Igboness to gain favour and acceptance from other Nigerians.

The talents of SE have been suppressed for too long. Allow us just 20 years, and you won't smell our back how much more seeing it.
And you wanna tell me nollywood can survive without Lagos? See you.... Do you know who potential customers are? I bet you a serious minded man will never leave lagos to help develop where there will be less patronage of his goods... And who told you nollywood is 2nd in world? Where did you keep hollywood and bollywood?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Armed Thugs In ‘Government Vehicles’ Attack #EndSARS Protesters In Abuja - Punch / Saraki Has Removed APC From His Official Twitter Handle(photo) / IPOB Is Sponsored By Looters And The Politically Disgruntled - Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.