Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,124 members, 7,811,159 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) (69539 Views)

How Nigerian Soldiers At The Battlefield Communicate With Their Commanders. PICS / Buhari To US: A Refusal To Arm My Troops Cos Of "So-called Human Rights Violat.. / Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by FreeGlobe(f): 7:58pm On Apr 30, 2015
sukkot:
black scorpion adekunle cheesy

i am not a tribalist by the way. but i have been reading too many disparaging remarks about my oduduwa people by ndigbo so it is only right for me to to join in the fray and kick some ndigbo ass. and after i kick yo ass, we will make up and go share a plate of isi ewu
all yorubas are tribalists by default so spare me that talk.

3 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by sukkot: 8:00pm On Apr 30, 2015
FreeGlobe:

all yorubas are tribalists by default so spare me that talk.
not me i aint. my enemy is the white man not the black man. i have bigger fish to fry than this little bickering yall got going on. my target is the white man. i just do this cuz i feel someone need to cut you ndigbos down to size with all this ego driven boastfulness i see from yall on NL. its strictly business never personal

4 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by omonnakoda: 8:01pm On Apr 30, 2015
Aigbofa:

100 plus Yoruba soldiers defeating a battalion of Biafrans is no joke. To a Biafran though, they are cowards but the Biafran leader who never saw any battle was the brave one.
Wars are indeed won not on the battlefield.
in draughts we call that scenario "one tack two"grin grin grin
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by handsometokunbo: 8:03pm On Apr 30, 2015
madamoringo:

Haha...ibos believe anything! This man might have sown the seed of another mega defeat for chest beaters who would rather walk into their death trap on a whiff of emotion rather than consult their common sense!

So, don't you have sense to see that while the Yoruba commander defeated thousands of ibos with 179 soldiers and average armament, he had 1,000,000,000,000+ more of strategy to it, took the right decisions in the heat of the moment and defeated the entire BeastaFra expedition! He defended the most critical point of weakness and I can bet you all the retreating soldiers would have been completely annihilated if they continued to assault the bridge.

Take a lesson from that and the battle of the 300 at Thermopylae, at that narrow pass where King Leonidas caused Persian King Xerxes' perhaps 100,000 strong troops to be crushed on their shields and spears! Watch how Leonidas says the strategy was to be funnelled into the narrow pass? There their numbers counted for nothing, their superior weapons counted for nothing and waves and waves of Persian soldiers to be destroyed! That is the stuff military strategists are made of, not empty boasting! Even Colonel Iluyomade provided more leadership, won more territories and destroyed more enemy soldiers than runaway Onujukwu himself, the war monger!

Na wah, so 179 Nigerian soldiers led by another Yoruba Commander Colonel Iluyomade set up base 40 miles away from Ore village, right on the extreme outskirts of Yorubaland and destroyed thousands of enemy soldiers and sent them back running and empty handed in the thick of midnight, under heavy rains! Ibos should be very grateful to Yorubas and they must know it because on that night, the Nigerian soldiers led by this illustrious Yoruba son and commander could have pursued and ensured no ibo escaped and destroyed them all! Kudos to the greatest soldiers and commanders in Nigeria, who still allow the milk of human compassion to flow in their veins when their enemy is at the end of their sword and barrel of their gun.

Even, I would guess that God will look down in kindness on such a people who did not shed the blood of ibo soldiers when they could have! The same thing David could have done to Saul, but he saw beyond the moment and emotion!

God bless the Yorubas indeed and much more forever!!!

Yorubas could have kill all the remaining Igbos then but cos of our kindness.......

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by FreeGlobe(f): 8:04pm On Apr 30, 2015
I recall you once complained that you were never promoted to the position of a General?

I was not promoted, even to the position of a full Colonel. Maybe because I am a Yoruba man, I can say this boldly anywhere. Look at what happened to late Benjamin Adekunle, for example. Who fought the civil war more than Adekunle? But, he was neglected, Why? The exception was Akinrinade that managed to become the Chief of Army Staff. Ariyo was driven away, someone just placed a letter on his table that he was retired; he never saw the person. What offence did he commit? Just because he was Yoruba; so many Yorubas, like that, were neglected. Nothing was given to us. It is very terrible.

The force is dominated by the north and they want to continue to enjoy the largesse of the military. They claim that Yorubas have many engineers, lawyers, doctors and other professionals hence we should not wrest the military from the Northerners. We are still angry with how we were treated; we just bottled it up.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Chai, Hausa/Fulani masters, dia is God oh cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy This is the definition of slavery... grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Nobody: 8:04pm On Apr 30, 2015
[quote author=chiefinalowo post=33230866]biafran soldiers were visionless..
Can you imagine biafran soldiers were going to the Great Yorubaland to fight Federal Forces with Cassava sticks grin hahahahaha lwkmd ooooo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by omonnakoda: 8:04pm On Apr 30, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

We wanted to liberate Lagos from the northerners; lack of good weapons was our bane in that war.

Well war is fought with weapons going to war without weapons is like a man declaring a feast with no food and no wine. How does it sound to his friends the next day when he says "lack of food was our bane"? Intelligent?

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by sukkot: 8:05pm On Apr 30, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Olodo

Who fired the first shot.?
does not matter who fired the first shot. wars are started by intentions and not who fired the first shot. wars are started before the first shot is ever fired. get some wisdom knowledge and understanding

4 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by BlackTechnology: 8:07pm On Apr 30, 2015
sukkot:
does not matter who fired the first shot. wars are started by intentions and not who fired the first shot. wars are started before the first shot is ever fired. get some wisdom knowledge and understanding

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by omonnakoda: 8:07pm On Apr 30, 2015
FreeGlobe:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Chai, Hausa/Fulani masters, dia is God oh cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy This is the definition of slavery... grin grin grin
Mumu ,Is Gowon Hausa or Fulani? Was Obasanjo Fulani? Was Babangida or Abacha Hausa or Fulani?

4 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by FreeGlobe(f): 8:09pm On Apr 30, 2015
omonnakoda:
[s]Mumu ,Is Gowon Hausa or Fulani? Was Babangida or Abacha Hausa or Fulani?[/s]
No they are yoruba.. ediiot

3 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by yibobasher2: 8:10pm On Apr 30, 2015
This post made my day. Can you imagine that thousands of biafran soldiers were brought to halt/defeated in Ore by just 179 soldiers, I repeat 179 soldiers. Thank God for this first hand account from the marvelous war veteran. Before some chest beaters start rewriting history, we now know that 179 soldiers defeated their batallions grin.

8 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by SirShymexx: 8:12pm On Apr 30, 2015
That was some Spartans shiit right there.

Salute to the fine officer.

8 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by handsometokunbo: 8:12pm On Apr 30, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Your link is for something not related to what i asked for!

However, i did do a search of my own and found one instance where it was reported the Nigerian gov't accused Biafra of bombing a neighbourhood! No pictures......nothing! On the other hand, there were tons of reports of Biafra accusing Nigeria of bombing schools, hospitals, farms, etc! The only difference this time is that not only do we have independent corroboration of all this, but we also have video and pictorial evidence to back up the assertions!

Were Biafrans saints? I'm sure they weren't!.....But one thing i've come to realize is that in war truth is the first casualty!

What i find hard to understand is, we don't like or trust ourselves yet some want this fraud of a country to continue existing! Igbos are making moves -no matter what you may think of said moves- to try and end this charade; but Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani are doing absolutely nothing to try and end this relationship with the Igbo they're burdened with!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3Erl5Y-SZM

Hold Ojukwu responsible

Do you know why UN and World power left Igbos to their fates? Cos Ojukwu refused to be reasonable; he wanted to use these pictures to garner world sympathy which UN and world Power had seen through.

Go and read the book of the man who facilitated the relationship between Ojukwu and France as well as Portugal. He held Ojukwu responsible for the death of most of his people.

The question you need to ask your progenitors is that how come Biafra soldiers and elites are not part of KWASHIOKOR ridden children and adult? How come Biafra soldiers were well fed while the children and women died.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 30, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Yoruba boy
Fool keep deceiving urself, pls don't quote me again, if u lyk tag me Hausa,

we will never submit to ur stupid Biafra, d ibos in delta knows,

Fool calling me a Yoruba boy, Lol, laugh in Spanish, hahahaha. ,,, Na force we say we nor want ur stupid Biafra na force, mtchewww, I guess there re many SS in this forum read there comment too

fool, blinded by hatred against others, always thinking u re d best, always want to lord over any body, i will only reply Non IBO SS nt u Igbo , we gat nothing in common I swear, wenti Urhobo man 1 fine 4 Biafra na ?...
keep deceiving urself,.. cum my state cum shout Biafra na we go burn u burn ur flag, jst strowl cum warri cum shout mumu Biafra... any Non Igbo SS tat speak una go begin tag am Hausa or Yoruba, u re d biggest fool, cum to any SS state and see 4 urself , not seating down in ur store in lagos and start claiming

GEJ my hero, God bless SS, God Bless Urhobo.....

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by sukkot: 8:13pm On Apr 30, 2015
BlackTechnology:

ike eba or agbari ojukwu or whatever yall kids call him these days fired the first shot with his mouth grin

ojukwus mouth wrote a check his ass couldnt cash

3 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by omonnakoda: 8:13pm On Apr 30, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

No one is interested in any war, all I can tell you that if we had just half the weapons you had, the outcome would have been different. Go figure..
Wars are usually fought with weapons.

I am still checking Google for those wars that were fought with Ice Cream

But you did not have the weapons so was it not foolish to go to war.

8 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by omonnakoda: 8:17pm On Apr 30, 2015
FreeGlobe:

No they are yoruba.. ediiot
U no dey fear?
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by FreeGlobe(f): 8:17pm On Apr 30, 2015
OgagaMic:

Fool calling me a Yoruba boy, Lol, laugh in Spanish, hahahaha. ,,, Na force we say we nor want ur stupid Biafra na force, mtchewww, I guess there re many SS in this forum read there comment too

fool, blinded by hatred against others, always thinking u re d best, always want to lord over any body, i will only reply Non IBO SS nt u Igbo , we gat nothing in common I swear, wenti Urhobo man 1 fine 4 Biafra na ?...
keep deceiving urself,.. cum my state cum shout Biafra na we go burn u burn ur flag, jst strowl cum warri cum shout mumu Biafra... any Non Igbo SS tat speak una go begin tag am Hausa or Yoruba, u re d biggest fool, cum to any SS state and see 4 urself , not seating down in ur store in lagos and start claiming

Urhobo was not and will never be part of Biafra? stop crying wolf

3 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by yibobasher2: 8:18pm On Apr 30, 2015
omonnakoda:
Wars are usually fought with weapons.

I am still checking Google for those wars that were fought with Ice Cream

But you did not have the weapons so was it not foolish to go to war.

War fought with Ice cream cheesy grin cheesy grin. Guy you just finish me with laugh. Can you imagine that they were accusing their enemy of cutting food supply to their region. Who feeds his enemy in war? These people are just delusional

7 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by FreeGlobe(f): 8:18pm On Apr 30, 2015
omonnakoda:
U no dey fear?
me fear yoruba? lol

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by omonnakoda: 8:19pm On Apr 30, 2015
FreeGlobe:

me fear yoruba? lol
Until dem bend u over..........

4 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by datribune: 8:20pm On Apr 30, 2015
chiefinalowo:
biafran soldiers were visionless..
Can you imagine biafran soldiers were going to the Great Yorubaland to fight Federal Forces with Cassava sticks.

Hahahaha truly visionless. Danjuma was right. Ojukwu led his people on a suicide mission by not surrendering when he needed to, knowing he had led them to a war they could never win. smh Cassava stick soldiers committing suicide in droves because of Ojujwu's obstinacy. Mario Puzo was right - Fools die

3 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by omonnakoda: 8:21pm On Apr 30, 2015
yibobasher2:

War fought with Ice cream cheesy grin cheesy grin. Guy you just finish me with laugh. Can you imagine that they were accusing their enemy of cutting food supply to their region. Who feeds is enemy in war? These people are ju ;Dst delusional
my brother Google Ice cream war naa......... grin

Maybe dem tink say na picnicaa

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Nobody: 8:21pm On Apr 30, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

The same awo that chased Zik from the west

The same awo that made you lose the war

The same awo that integrated your ungrateful self's into Nigeria

Bro you are dumb, I know it's painful. But it's time you move on from the war. Who is above you is above you.
I don't just understand you,pls what do you mean by "who is above you is above you"? Look let me tell you what you don't knw. Yorubas are not above the igbos what happened is that, the yorubas are servants to the hausas that is why yorubas cannot stand firm While the igbos are known to be masters of their own even without the govt. Igbos are everywhere even in your govt house.
#proudlyigbo#

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by FreeGlobe(f): 8:22pm On Apr 30, 2015
I used to think this yoruba slavery is a joke until I saw this. who knows how many more things yorubas have bottled up? Lord have mercy grin

[size=16pt]I recall you once complained that you were never promoted to the position of a General?

I was not promoted, even to the position of a full Colonel. Maybe because I am a Yoruba man, I can say this boldly anywhere. Look at what happened to late Benjamin Adekunle, for example. Who fought the civil war more than Adekunle? But, he was neglected, Why? The exception was Akinrinade that managed to become the Chief of Army Staff. Ariyo was driven away, someone just placed a letter on his table that he was retired; he never saw the person. What offence did he commit? Just because he was Yoruba; so many Yorubas, like that, were neglected. Nothing was given to us. It is very terrible.

The force is dominated by the north and they want to continue to enjoy the largesse of the military. They claim that Yorubas have many engineers, lawyers, doctors and other professionals hence we should not wrest the military from the Northerners. We are still angry with how we were treated; we just bottled it up[/size]

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by BlackTechnology: 8:24pm On Apr 30, 2015
OgagaMic:

Amala and Ewedu boy. grin.

3 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by FreeGlobe(f): 8:26pm On Apr 30, 2015
Yorubas have been unfairly treated in this nation but they bottled it up. When awo couldnt deal with his inability to bottle his inability to rule Nigeria for just 1 hour, he committed suicide,

4 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by GoodMuyis(m): 8:28pm On Apr 30, 2015
BabaO2:
I am beginning to understand, there was no war, but a greedy dissident moving train set on motion from God foresaken land was stopped and destroyed from entering the canan land of Nigeria. No wonder they will forever bitter. Same way they are still bitter that SW voted out a daft.

so it wasn't Nigeria that was aggressive, rather the Biafran that wanted to invade and overrun the SW
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by sukkot: 8:29pm On Apr 30, 2015
the yorubas are skilled in the art of psychological warfare. intelligence. now keep in mind this is 1967 and most were still somewhat primitive in their thinking at that time. what benjamin adekunle the master of psychological warfare did was buy a goat. and ordered one of his men to buy paint and brush. then he named the goat ojukwu and painted the name ojukwu on the goat. and petted the goat everyday as a way of psychologically placing ojukwu in an inferior pet animal like level and this way he saw the victory as already won because his opponent is a pet goat. do you see the mastery of psychological warfare in what the black scorpion did ? that gallant brave man was way ahead of his time in psychological warfare and intelligence. a true yoruba hero

i am nigerian first and yoruba next

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 30, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Amala and Ewedu boy. grin.
lolz, I b amajiri,

hahahahahah
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by tonychristopher: 8:30pm On Apr 30, 2015
Ilekeh:

How did Yorubas lose Ilorin? Are Yorubas no longer in Ilorin or do they no longer control the politics of Ilorin?
To fight a conventional war, do you not need a conventional enemy or do your people just wake up to fight anyone?

It's an open secret and ilorin is a fact

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply)

Shuaibu Removes APC Flag From Government House (Pictures) / President Buhari's Wedding Hoax, Rumours: Hilarious Reactions / Presidential Helicopter On Ground To Convey Jonathan To Bayelsa From PH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.