Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) (69533 Views)

How Nigerian Soldiers At The Battlefield Communicate With Their Commanders. PICS / Buhari To US: A Refusal To Arm My Troops Cos Of "So-called Human Rights Violat.. / Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by omonnakoda: 8:31pm On Apr 30, 2015
FreeGlobe:
Yorubas have been unfairly treated in this nation but they bottled it up. When awo couldnt deal with his inability to bottle his inability to rule Nigeria for just 1 hour, he committed suicide,
That is the problem with you folk you will say anything to win an argument fact or fiction.Were you not the one that was arguing that Orji Uzor Kalu is so rich he banks with the World Bank because the Central Bank in Nigeria cannot cope. For you truth is an inconvenience so you just say anything and it becomes your reality. Onitsha market is the biggest in the Milky way and the US Army comes to buy drones there. We are used to your gibberish now so no surprises just amusement

10 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by FreeGlobe(f): 8:32pm On Apr 30, 2015
sukkot:
the yorubas are skilled in the art of psychological warfare. intelligence. now keep in mind this is 1967 and most were still somewhat primitive in their thinking at that time. what benjamin adekunle the master of psychological warfare did was buy a goat. and ordered one of his men to buy paint and brush. then he named the goat ojukwu and painted the name ojukwu on the goat. and petted the goat everyday as a way of psychologically placing ojukwu in an inferior pet animal like level and this way he saw the victory as already won because his opponent is a pet goat. do you see the mastery of psychological warfare in what the black scorpion did ? that gallant brave man was way ahead of his time in psychological warfare and intelligence. a true yoruba hero

i am nigerian first and yoruba next
when will yorubas fight a single war without hiding behind hausas? when will yoruba reclaim kwara and parts of kogi? smh

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by rabzy: 8:32pm On Apr 30, 2015
Mogidi:

I don't want to disrespect Awolowo (my father respects him a lot) but Awolowo was supposed to pull out the SW from the federation, instead he waited for the East to pull out then reneged on their agreement.

To think Awolowo has enough clout to pull out the southwest was so so naïve. Awolowo was a politician and not a military leader like Ojukwu. He was in prison due to the problems caused by the rift between him and Akintola. So even before the coup which riled a lot of people from other regions of Nigeria, Awolowo already had political opposition, people were ready to die to opposed. Now this same person would just come from prison and wave his wand and all westerners would just follow him. The soldiers of the west who were effectively Nigerian soldiers would just start a war based on his say so. He would have been shot immediately if he tried it. Akintola supporters would have gladly done it with pleasure. I really am shocked at such a calculation.

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 30, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Urhobo was not and will never be part of Biafra? stop crying wolf

so happy to hear tat and pls tell ur Igbo brother to stop tagging any SS Hausa cous e said e ain't Biafra, cous 80-90% of us have d same view, d remaining 20% re 4 d Igbo related group
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by superstar1(m): 8:33pm On Apr 30, 2015
FreeGlobe:

when will yorubas fight a single war without hiding behind hausas? when will yoruba reclaim kwara and parts of kogi? smh

After we must have finished dealing with you, our eternal servants and slaves.
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by FreeGlobe(f): 8:33pm On Apr 30, 2015
omonnakoda:
[s]That is the problem with you folk you will say anything to win an argument fact or fiction.Were you not the one that was arguing that Orji Uzor Kalu is so rich he banks with the World Bank because the Central Bank in Nigeria cannot cope. For you truth is an inconvenience so you just say anything and it becomes your reality. Onitsha market is the biggest in the Milky way and the US Army comes to buy drones there. We are used to your gibberish now so no surprises just amusement[/s]
Don't pour your frustrations on me when you have a way of bottling it up.. Or is it because I'm not hausa/fulani?

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by omonnakoda: 8:34pm On Apr 30, 2015
FreeGlobe:

We have been fightng wars for centuries as far away as Ghana when your folk were still shrieking and grunting nakedd in the wilds of Umuakpu
When will you reclaim Arochukwu from Akamkpas

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by FreeGlobe(f): 8:35pm On Apr 30, 2015
OgagaMic:

so happy to hear tat and pls tell ur Igbo brother to stop tagging any SS Hausa cous e said e ain't Biafra, cous 80-90% of us have d same view, d remaining 20% re 4 d Igbo related group
shut your ewedu mouth up and speak for your minority tribe only which constitute less than 5% of SS

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by omonnakoda: 8:36pm On Apr 30, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Don't pour your frustrations on me when you have a way of bottling it up.. Or is it because I'm not hausa/fulani?
I will pour them into you just bend over

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by FreeGlobe(f): 8:36pm On Apr 30, 2015
superstar1:

After we must have finished dealing with you, our eternal servants and slaves.
dealing with and yoruba in the same sentence
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by sukkot: 8:37pm On Apr 30, 2015
FreeGlobe:

yorubas are a friendly people. we dont like fighting wars. we are a peaceful people for the most part and just want to live and let live. however you will be in for a shock if you mistake our jovial nature for weakness because when it comes down to battle, the oduduwa nation is world reknowned. our ancestry goes all the way back to the canaanites and we were the pharoahs in ancient egypt. do you see the sphinx in egypt ? does that look like a yoruba woman or not ? from ancient egypt we moved south and settled in west africa. we have a rich tradition and are warriors, but most of all ? we like to live and let live, until we are tried

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by FreeGlobe(f): 8:37pm On Apr 30, 2015
omonnakoda:

We have been fightng wars for centuries as far away as Ghana when your folk were still shrieking and grunting nakedd in the wilds of Umuakpu
When will you reclaim Arochukwu from Akamkpas
what happened to kwara? Fulani herdsman are taking over parts of oyo state without a single noise from yoruba. smh

3 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Ilekeh(f): 8:37pm On Apr 30, 2015
tonychristopher:

It's an open secret and ilorin is a fact

A fact of what?
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Nobody: 8:37pm On Apr 30, 2015
Aigbofa:

100 plus Yoruba soldiers defeating a battalion of Biafrans is no joke. To a Biafran though, they are cowards but the Biafran leader who never saw any battle was the brave one.
Wars are indeed won not on the battlefield.
Who told you they were all yoruba soldiers? Yorubas are not many in the army due to their cowardice.

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Kingspin(m): 8:38pm On Apr 30, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

The same awo that chased Zik from the west

The same awo that made you lose the war

The same awo that integrated your ungrateful self's into Nigeria

Bro you are dumb, I know it's painful. But it's time you move on from the war. Who is above you is above you.
How far with Nigeria, peace or pieces?

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by omonnakoda: 8:39pm On Apr 30, 2015
FreeGlobe:

what happened to kwara? Fulani herdsman are taking over parts of oyo state without a single noise from yoruba. smh
Really? tell us more Honestly I don't want to be fighting you one you are out of your depth and just sound like a hapless harridan and two there are more creative things I can do to you................

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by FreeGlobe(f): 8:39pm On Apr 30, 2015
sukkot:
yorubas are a friendly people. we dont like fighting wars. we are a peaceful people for the most part and just want to live and let live. however you will be in for a shock if you mistake our jovial nature for weakness because when it comes down to battle, the oduduwa nation is world reknowned. our ancestry goes all the way back to the canaanites and we were the pharoahs in ancient egypt. do you see the sphinx in egypt ? does that look like a yoruba woman or not ? from ancient egypt we moved south and settled in west africa. we have a rich tradition and are warriors, but most of all ? we like to live and let live, until we are tried
No, its cowardice. The wannabe general who gave his own embellished account of the war has many frustrations, he is very bitter but in his words, he just had to bottle it up. Its not called friendly, its called cowardice or slave mentality

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by GenIgrigi: 8:39pm On Apr 30, 2015
Demmzy15:
These are one of the reasons I'm proud to be a yoruba, very brave and tactical! grin

**grins** I am a yoruba and i am proud of being CONQURED FOREVER BY DAN FODIO'S CHILDREN. I AM PROUD TO HAVE AN EMIR RULING OVER ME IN MY LAND FOREVER. ALLAHU AKBAR. **LOL**

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by FreeGlobe(f): 8:41pm On Apr 30, 2015
omonnakoda:
Really? tell us more

I will.... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I recall you once complained that you were never promoted to the position of a General?

I was not promoted, even to the position of a full Colonel. Maybe because I am a Yoruba man, I can say this boldly anywhere. Look at what happened to late Benjamin Adekunle, for example. Who fought the civil war more than Adekunle? But, he was neglected, Why? The exception was Akinrinade that managed to become the Chief of Army Staff. Ariyo was driven away, someone just placed a letter on his table that he was retired; he never saw the person. What offence did he commit? Just because he was Yoruba; so many Yorubas, like that, were neglected. Nothing was given to us. It is very terrible.

The force is dominated by the north and they want to continue to enjoy the largesse of the military. They claim that Yorubas have many engineers, lawyers, doctors and other professionals hence we should not wrest the military from the Northerners. We are still angry with how we were treated; we just bottled it up.

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by sukkot: 8:43pm On Apr 30, 2015
FreeGlobe:

No, its cowardice. The wannabe general who gave his own embellished account of the war has many frustrations, he is very bitter but in his words, he just had to bottle it up. Its not called friendly, its called cowardice or slave mentality
yeah that coward yoruba man sent 50,000 stupid ndigbo men back to biafra all by himself. cheesy SMH

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by FreeGlobe(f): 8:45pm On Apr 30, 2015
sukkot:
yeah that coward yoruba man sent 50,000 stupid ndigbo men back to biafra all by himself. cheesy SMH
yes, based on what he told us..

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by sukkot: 8:49pm On Apr 30, 2015
FreeGlobe:

yes, based on what he told us..
its documented history. in fact it is well known that the name benjamin adekunle causes grown ndigbo men to break out in sweats and shivers and fear. thats how much of a reputation the gallant yoruba black scorpion had in biafra. it is well know documented fact that ikemba at the mention of adekunles name starts convulsing and crying

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by timiborokini(m): 8:51pm On Apr 30, 2015
FreeGlobe:

why would yoruba claim kwara and part of kogi.. where on earth do u come from that u are asking this disgusting question?
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 30, 2015
FreeGlobe:

shut your ewedu mouth up and speak for your minority tribe only which constitute less than 5% of SS

Lol, mumu, na Igbo constitute 100...

na wa una nor go stop this attachment, lolz, I pity u, think of d itskeri, wenti itskeri 1 do 4 Biafra ?, or isoko our brother ?, lolz, a beg Any SS in d house, tell this fool we re nt Biafra...

Not to talk of Edo, lolz, keep deceiving urself, na force we nor want ooooo, Ijaw used ur head , ijaw re even smarther than u guys, jst so u can vote GEJ, ask ojukwu e go tell u wenti Urhobo soldiers show am, we finish dem, tat y gowon came to sapele to tank us for our support Reference http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/day-gowon-invaded-urhobo-land/

keep Deceiving yourself. No SS will b in ur Biafra, d earlier u know d better 4 u. , if una try am, problem,

parasites tribe all over naija, Hausa/yolober want 1 Nigeria, Igbo want to claim us as part of Biafra,.... Smh,..... we GI shock una ,,,,, we wanna b alone,

Outside tat I they plan to bomb 1 pipeline make dey my area, since our militant don start,, no peace 4 Buhari, No oil 4 parasite tribe
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by oyejideogunjumo: 8:54pm On Apr 30, 2015
Ojukwu went to war illequiped because he thought Gowon a christian wont like to shed blood.He was right.
Gowon initially didnt wamr to fight bt wt comments of British and Awolowo.
There were two Okafors.A coupist and a war veteran.Both contenders on Okafor are right.
Ojukwu was coming to Lagos basically because it was the capital then.Not for annexation or other reasons.
Yorubas were initially passive until Ojukwu's move towards Lagos.
They expected he should have gone Northwards instead .
Some Yorubas fought for Ojukwu bt were disgraced out.Col Ayo Banjo short at stake.
Igbos should be commended fpr holding sway three years.They made mortals tanks and bombs themselves.
Igbos are the architect of their woes.There Jan 15 1966 was planned and executed with no lose on their side.Zik was taken out to Ghana on ill health.
Anguiyi Ironsi worsen situation.Coupists left untried as customary in army because they were Igbos.He promoted 31 officers.30 were igbos the last a Bendelite.
He reverted unitary system consolidating power on himself.This was viewed as igbo domination leading to counter coup of July 29 19 66 by Hausas

5 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by superstar1(m): 8:54pm On Apr 30, 2015
FreeGlobe:

dealing with and yoruba in the same sentence
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Just 129 Spartans held the whole of Biafra Bandits and thwarted your dreams till thy Kingdom come.

Chest beating is a disease. Wallahi

5 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by FreeGlobe(f): 8:56pm On Apr 30, 2015
OgagaMic:

Lol, mumu, na Igbo constitute 100...

na wa una nor go stop this attachment, lolz, I pity u, think of d itskeri, wenti itskeri 1 do 4 Biafra ?, or isoko our brother ?, lolz, a beg Any SS in d house, tell this fool we re nt Biafra...

Not to talk of Edo, lolz, keep deceiving urself, na force we nor want ooooo, Ijaw used ur head , ijaw re even smarther than u guys, jst so u can vote GEJ, ask ojukwu e go tell u wenti Urhobo soldiers show am, we finish dem, tat y gowon came to sapele to tank us for our support Reference http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/day-gowon-invaded-urhobo-land/

keep Deceiving yourself. No SS will b in ur Biafra, d earlier u know d better 4 u. , if una try am, problem,

parasites tribe all over naija, Hausa/yolober want 1 Nigeria, Igbo want to claim us as part of Biafra,.... Smh,..... we GI shock una ,,,,, we wanna b alone,

Outside tat I they plan to bomb 1 pipeline make dey my area, since our militant don start,, no peace 4 Buhari, No oil 4 parasite tribe
fool, there is nothing like SS. Either your minority tribe are for Nigeria or Biafra. Now that you have chosen Nigeria, you can fvck off my mentions.

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by FreeGlobe(f): 8:56pm On Apr 30, 2015
superstar1:

Just 129 Spartans held the whole of Biafra Bandits and thwarted your dreams till thy Kingdom come.

Chest beating is a disease. Wallahi
story for the gods

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by IGBOSON1: 8:57pm On Apr 30, 2015
sweetgala:

Nigeria would survive another war, the Igbo might just get massacred this time around. If 1966 happened again there would be no respite because the Igbo are the most ungrateful bunch known to man

^^^I keep on hearing this 'ungrateful' line from you knobheads! What exactly should Ndigbo be grateful for and to whom?

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 30, 2015
There was absolutely no agreement between Ojukwu and Awolowo about seceding. The only statement Awolowo made was along these lines "if the Igbos are allowed to secede, we (Yorubas) would follow suit and break away because the 1957 accord did not include a break away clause."

rabzy:

To think Awolowo has enough clout to pull out the southwest was so so naïve. Awolowo was a politician and not a military leader like Ojukwu. He was in prison due to the problems caused by the rift between him and Akintola. So even before the coup which riled a lot of people from other regions of Nigeria, Awolowo already had political opposition, people were ready to die to opposed. Now this same person would just come from prison and wave his wand and all westerners would just follow him. The soldiers of the west who were effectively Nigerian soldiers would just start a war based on his say so. He would have been shot immediately if he tried it. Akintola supporters would have gladly done it with pleasure. I really am shocked at such a calculation.
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by superstar1(m): 9:01pm On Apr 30, 2015
FreeGlobe:

story for the gods

Expect the epic blockbuster to be released before the end of the year.

Suggested Titles

1. 129 "Spartans" at Ore

2. Ore: the waterloo of the Biafra Bandits and marauders.

3. Resounding defeat and capitulation of the Biafra Bandits and marauders.

Pick your choice and grab your copy nowwwwwwww at 52 Ebinpejo Lane.

grin grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by sukkot: 9:02pm On Apr 30, 2015
SEE THE BLACK SCORPION IN ACTION. SEE HIS SHOOTING STANCE ? THE GUY IS A WORLD RENOWNED MARKSMAN. BENJAMIN ADEKUNLE IN BATTLE, FROM THE WAR ARCHIVES

[img]http://bp0.blogger.com/_pyIBhtN_0F4/Rx9cB2rckpI/AAAAAAAAARk/RKp_gtEEkcs/s1600/Benjamin+Adekunle+1.jpg[/img]

grin

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply)

Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form / Ibrahim Babangida Seriously Sick, Emaciated, Unable To Walk Unaided - ThisDay / Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.