Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' (34136 Views)

"The Goals They Want To Achieve With New Biafra" - Tanko Yaksai / Tanko Almakura And Wife, Mario At Hajj (Photos) / CHILLING: Domination Plot Of The ‘north’ Against The South East/south South Reve (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by winodey(m): 2:42pm On May 02, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S6 – Specs & Price Review In Nigeria
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by dewstar: 2:42pm On May 02, 2015
While Nigerians where there screaming "victory for democracy". Smh.

3 Likes

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by PassingShot(m): 2:43pm On May 02, 2015
modath:
Same way the southern MOGs incited the SS, SE and SW against Baba. lipsrsealed

The nine universities were supposed to be compensation for the BH massacre,economic downturn, facilities delapidation .... etc abi ??

God will help you people to see that Jona's undoing was his ineptitude and lackaidasical attitude to burning national issues and not any grand conspiracy.

The north have always voted for GMB, the only change this time is the NC and SW who swung the pendulum.

Very correctly and intelligently submitted. I have said it on many occasions that GEJ lost the election in the SW and NC due to his general poor performance. If he had done well, winning the SW and NC would have kept him as president no matter what NW and NE did.

7 Likes

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by Fourwinds: 2:44pm On May 02, 2015
CyberWolf:
We all know this..But it's good it happened and we all witnessed it. So nobody should cry when it's the turn of others..
dis is d rite thing to say
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by tonte(m): 2:45pm On May 02, 2015
Didn't Jonathan do more for the north than anybody from there had done for them previously? So what South East and South South States did he transform as such? If you don't have anything really reasonable to say why not just pim your mouth

AhmedMustapha:
Keep spinning these lies, North voted for Gen Buhari because of his ethnic and religious standing while the South-south and south-east that were screaming he will islamize us voted for Jonathan because he TRANSFORMED their states. Tell me more!

1 Like

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by Fourwinds: 2:45pm On May 02, 2015
modath:

The nine universities were supposed to be compensation for the BH massacre,economic downturn, facilities delapidation .... etc abi ??

God will help you people to see that Jona's undoing was his ineptitude and lackaidasical attitude to burning national issues and not any grand conspiracy.

The north have always voted for GMB, the only change this time is the NC and SW who swung the pendulum.
very correct

2 Likes

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by carboblanko(m): 2:46pm On May 02, 2015
modath:

God will help you people to see that Jona's undoing was his ineptitude and lackaidasical attitude to burning national issues and not any grand conspiracy, the north have always voted GMB, the only change this time is the NC and SW who swung the pendulum.
Spot on. If GEJ was up and doing he would had done better at the polls.The far north has always voted for GMB. But this time around even the NC voted for GMB because they had lost faith in GEJ. And how have the so called 9 new unis impacted on the polity when GEJ could even adequately fund the existing ones? ASSU was on strike for almost one year mainly because of this funding issue yet the GEJites will always cite the new unis as an achievement. Hogwash.

3 Likes

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by Yeeyo: 2:46pm On May 02, 2015
He who came 2 power wit a thread of war, kilin inocent citizen, wuld surely reap wat he saw is jst a tym ...

2 Likes

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by shamecurls(m): 2:47pm On May 02, 2015
babestella:

Please stop spreading deceit, if you are still deceiving yourself about one NIGERIA I pity you, we are only managing it because it's not time yet, when it is time you will know.

About the topic, I will say you are a child when it comes to Nigerian politics. We inadvertently played out the script that led to civil war but God in HIS infinite mercy saved Nigeria from that disaster. You talk about SE supporting GEJ, they did because SE saw the grand conspiracy before between SW and North hand and decided that they must stand by GEJ. By all standard in Nigeria, GEJ did well compared to the rest, he did his best the truth be told. We know serious federal infrastructure he started and even concluded most in the north, yet what did he get? He got abused, stoned and rejected, same in most part of SW that are largely dominated by Muslims. Go look at the demographs, it's very clear.
So when you comment on issues like this make sure you are competent about the info you reel out here. The bottom line was clear, it was total conspiracy against GEJ and one day Karma shall come asking for her coins. #payback. We are watching.

God will help you people to see that Jona's undoing was his ineptitude and lackaidasical attitude to burning national issues and not any grand conspiracy, the north have always voted GMB, the only change this time is the NC and SW who swung the pendulum.

4 Likes

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by prettyboi1(m): 2:47pm On May 02, 2015
Another rubbish article to excuse Jonathan of his many gross failures. Jonathan was voted out by well-meaning Nigerians cos his tenure was filled with so much incompetence,corruption and failure. It was almost like we didn't have a president with Jonathan being there. Jonathan was voted out of power cos he failed Nigeria.....please let this be the last of these kinds of articles excusing him of outright incompetence.

God Bless Nigeria. Amen.

6 Likes

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by mmsen: 2:48pm On May 02, 2015
dokyOloye:
I pity an southerner who thinks he has anything in common wt d north.
When they start their madness,even d muslims from d south west are also termed infidel.
I have lived in d North and I know that d hausa/Fulani muslim accepts and will help a muslim from Chad,Niger,Cameroun more than a christian from d same state wt him.
One Nigeria my foot.

What I do not understand is why they are not agitating for union with their ever so prosperous kin in Niger and leave their union with the southern Nigerians.
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by shamecurls(m): 2:48pm On May 02, 2015
Brilliantly composed

PassingShot:
Very correctly and intelligently submitted. I have said it on many occasions that GEJ lost the election in the SW and NC due to his general poor performance. If he had done well, winning the SW and NC would have kept him as president no matter what NW and NE did.

1 Like

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by Angoni(m): 2:49pm On May 02, 2015
Any sensible southerner who has spent time up north, no matter how short, would know this. But we have some slave buffoons in the south who think they are smart by siding with cattle herders despite the apparent little esteem in which they are held or frankly looked down upon. The Boko haram people have no time for southern infidels, just their riches. Keep shouting change until the Fulani start grazing his cows in your back yard.

5 Likes

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by Kingspin(m): 2:49pm On May 02, 2015
They are under cover agents that opeates like cultism in the name of religion.
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by hamzeiy: 2:49pm On May 02, 2015
texazzpete:
Beware all these bitter rascals trying to cause confusion!

A president that sat idly by while Boko Haram slaughtered more than 18000 northerners and rendered nearly a million homeless is now supposed to be praised because he built some almajiri schools and appointed some recycled northerners into his cabinet?

LOL

The true architect of the Jonathan loss is president GEJ. All he had to do as the first PhD holder president was to provide good governance. He failed woefully.
It is thus significant that the biggest transformation GEJ did was to transform the PDP from the biggest party in Africa to a regional opposition party, crewed with bitter, salty folks.
dont mind thos Hediots..they xpect the north to vote fr gej so dt bokoharam wud continue killing them....muguss........bh has killed neighbours of mine nd all gej has to say dn was dt he wud get ontop of the situation when i come online i see pple blaming the north for the death of northerners....and with all ds u xpect an average northerner like me (middle belt precisely) to vote fr gej...then you must b drunk

1 Like

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by Yeeyo: 2:52pm On May 02, 2015
He who come 2 a power wit thread of war, kilin of inocent ppl, wuld surely reap wat he saw, is jst a mata of tym..

1 Like

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by AMvanquish: 2:53pm On May 02, 2015
ZKOSOSO:
I testify that the OP is correct. Very correct!
I live long enough in the north to know how muslim north think on any issue.

Islam first.
Islam second.
Tribe third.
North fourth
Islamic brotherhood of foreigners fifth
Then christians/ southerners last and most hated except they are supporting them like amaech, oyegun, ngige etc

What a Dunce! Typical stereotyping

1 Like

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by BabaO2: 2:53pm On May 02, 2015
Rabbish write up. A tested but found daft and incompetent was voted out overwhelming by pragmatic North and SW. Can this @op write this b4 2011 election before Jonathan was tested?, absolutely NO. Iam not surprised it is coming from sensational and a bigot sunonline newspaper.

4 Likes

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by modath(f): 2:54pm On May 02, 2015
babestella:

Please stop spreading deceit, if you are still deceiving yourself about one NIGERIA I pity you, we are only managing it because it's not time yet, when it is time you will ..We are watching.

GMB will be the president of Nigeria come 29th of this month and there is absolutely nothing you or people who share your thought process can do about it. You are also free to leave whenever you so desire..

I agree with you that I'm a child cheesy & in my childlike fashion i refuse to play with the fire that has burnt me once, i implore you to drop the angst and come to terms with reality... Jonathan is/was a bad leader!!!

5 Likes

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by abubkhr: 2:55pm On May 02, 2015
Who is this Tanko is he Tanko Yakasai of Kano of another tsinannen Tanko. Let me refresh your deluded memory if you have one. When Obj asked him about what is happening in the northeast his response was "they are my enemy" and now you are saying north team up against Gen. Ubanka yaci uwarshi la'anan nen tsoho kawai

1 Like

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by sunnyb0b0(m): 2:55pm On May 02, 2015
mu2sa2:
This guy is well-known as an "Agip", a hypocrite who supports any govt in office for a fee. He visited Jonathan just before the election giving the impression that he could deliver northern votes. Don't ask me if he also got his own share of Gej's dollars. He's now spewing trash that all imams called somebody infidel! Liar. What of the muslims who voted gej - [b]in kano state alone he got over 200, 000 votes.[/b]Truth is, he scammed Gej like so many others did and he should forever bury his head in shame.

What is the population of Igbos living in Sabon gari alone?
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by AhmedMustapha(m): 2:56pm On May 02, 2015
tonte:
Didn't Jonathan do more for the north than anybody from there had done for them previously? So what South East and South South States did he transform as such? If you don't have anything really reasonable to say why not just pim your mouth

Who has been feeding you with these lies? I agree with you though, Jonathan did more for the North than anyone from there. His achievements include:
1. Citing nine glorified secondary schools he called universities when the current universities are underfunded.
2. Letting 276 girls go missing and no official response from his team
3. Going dancing a day after a bomb blast at Nyanya killed citizens he swore to protect and of course
4. Granting fame and worldwide popularity to a Mr Abubakar Shekau who declared his own country when a President was on seat.
So I guess you beat me on this one, he did a lot for the NORTH

4 Likes

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by GoodMuyis(m): 2:56pm On May 02, 2015
janus05:

they all ganged up to spread one form of propaganda or the other against him (Jonathan). And this propaganda has already gone down deep into the minds of the people.
- http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=117430
Yes they Gang up and spread one form of propaganda that Jonathan has Not Ceritificate, he is Boko haram, and Islamist, he'll islamize Nigeria

Still, on this topic, what about the PDP members who also failed to rise up to defend their own and their party?
They were Busy sharing N2tr chai dia ris God ooo

That is not my problem today. My prob­lem is that we in the far North have acted out the script of Gideon Orkar. We have opted out of the mainstream of Nigerian politics and I am waiting for the time to come when we would realise the conse­quences of our action.

Yes when GMB deliever a less corrupt country in 2023

When you say that you people have acted out the script of Gideon Orkar, what exactly do you mean?

Let me put it this way. This country is a country which is equally divided between Christians and Muslims. Where a Muslim would not vote for somebody because he is a Christian, then there is a problem. It may not appear immediately but there is a long time predicament that would one day appear because when someday it is the turn of a Christian to vote for a Mus­lim, surely this thing happening today would boomerang.

This is madness, who voted Christan Obasanjo in 1999, 2003, You are a lair. I rebuke u in Jesus name

3 Likes

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by Yeeyo: 2:58pm On May 02, 2015
Muslim creatd boko haram in oda distables d govnt wch dia hav succeeded,but d wrath of God will folow u 1 by 1.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by AustineE1: 3:00pm On May 02, 2015
MugabeRobert:

Oh shut the eff up!

We are witnessing how shamelessly some red cap chiefs kept paying homage to the man you only hated because he's Fulani.

The southwest is doing great, we didn't cry like babies when you laughed and asked Jonathan to marginalised us.

We have the vp and possibly the speaker with many many juicy positions in pipeline. I'm proud to be brainwashed.

you are so pathetic,i didnt think some people are still this dull,you have forgotten that south-west once held presidency for eight years,yet i know a million and one of your brothers still scavenging for food in the streets of Nigeria,saddly same also applies to other regions.I would think that once Osinbanjo gets to the exalted post of VP,prices of food stuffs will go down in south west,fuel will be sold at 10 naira in south west and probably kerosine will be distributed freely to you,on the recognition of you being a yoruba.
Young man,if the only reason for the 'change' and massive support for GMB/Osibanjo in the south west is because you think you have the VP position,then we ve missed another chance to make this country better.....i hope to see you back in this forum in six months time,hoping at that time,your life and that of other people from your region would been better than the rest of other Nigerians.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by prophetfire: 3:00pm On May 02, 2015
calebo101:
Already we know. Actually it might end up as a blessing in disguise because now we have to look at ourselves in the south and ask if being part of Nigeria is worth it. Now we see that one Nigeria is just a fluke.

Already the results from the election has shown that performance never mattered. Ethnicity, religion and tribalism holds sway in the pendulum of power in Nigeria such thay we find ourselves subject to the choice of the largely uneducated region and the zone that likes to think of themselves as "sophisticated".

Apart from a few betrayals and judases which is perfectly normal I think there's a united view already on the future of the Niger Delta cum Southeast and it shall be actualised rather sooner than later.

Don't get it twisted. We are not ONE!!!
have the southsouth learnt their lesson? They ganged up wit de north to sabotage biafra n folks like elechi amadi n ken saro wiwa wer gloating about it.now have they known their true friends n brothers?hav they wokenup from their delusion about their position in a sic nigeria?serves them right.
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by zizirecords(m): 3:01pm On May 02, 2015
Your post is absolute nonsense!

What do you have to say about the mass looting of the nation's treasury that happened under GEJ, your hero? Abi it was the northern imams that did that too.
20pounds po2st=33337631:
This is just the truth!

Buhari Presidency is a product of propaganda and I wait to see him sustain his government with propaganda. The core north wanted one of their own to take back 'their' power. The person was Buhari. Tinubu keyed into the plan out of his own design to pull the rug from their feet when the time comes. He supplied the propaganda machinery in the south west, the Imams finished the job for him in the north. The rest is history as both partied had gotten what they wanted.

Sit back and watch the unfolding drama. It is a shame that when we want to make progress as a country, an event will take us back to where we started from.

President Jonathan has done his bit to Nigeria. He is not a saint and has his failings as man but history is going to and have started judging him rightly.

God bless Nigeria!
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by Kanocity(m): 3:01pm On May 02, 2015
Igbo ppl always ar waiting for opportunity like this to INCITE YORUBA AGAINST THE NORTHERNERS! But i am curious to know their responses on why they did nt vote for Buhari and APC IN 2015 election? Or their answer to Okorocha's question that why they hate/dont like Yorubas and Hausas yet,they populated their(hausas and yorubas' land)?
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by seeker121(m): 3:02pm On May 02, 2015
Ok na dis man composed that olamide track "story for the gods" wetin concern me sha.Similar thing happened in SS and SE except SW that voted base on merit and individual records.
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by adconline(m): 3:03pm On May 02, 2015
Like I keep saying- southerners voted against GEJ based on his lackluster performance, but Northerner voted against GEJ because he's an infidel.. Why are xtians always asked to vote for Muslims but Muslims are not asked to compromise and vote for Xtians?!
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by Kingspin(m): 3:03pm On May 02, 2015
MugabeRobert:

Don't mind them.

2010 I was in a bar in portharcourt when yar adua died, you needed to see the celebrations. People declaring free drinks to commemorate with Jonathan and celebrate yar adua's death.

2010, we from southwest supported Jonathan with save the Nigerian group, the likes of Prof. Wole Soyinka, Tunde Bakare marched bare footed to demand the release of Jonathan from Turai's kitchen where he was busy cooking tuwo.

2011, we voted en mass for Jonathan but what happened afterwards?

He took the north and ibos as ally. He went and declared that ibos are the backbone of his administration and yoruba leaders are rascals.

Arthur Eze, ibo political leader said they don't want ewedu and amala party and don't want to have anything to do with children of awolowo and Jonathan was foolishly cheerleading him.

He starved us of any reasonable position in throughout his 6 years in power, he fought and ridiculed OBJ, the hand that fed him and single handedly picked him as vp.

Aside that Jonathan was too clueless and daft, he was also delusional to think bribing Obas in southwest or relocating to Lagos will make him win southwest.

Who voted for Obasanjo and Yardua?
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by misterh(m): 3:04pm On May 02, 2015
babestella:

Please stop spreading deceit, if you are still deceiving yourself about one NIGERIA I pity you, we are only managing it because it's not time yet, when it is time you will know.

About the topic, I will say you are a child when it comes to Nigerian politics. We inadvertently played out the script that led to civil war but God in HIS infinite mercy saved Nigeria from that disaster. You talk about SE supporting GEJ, they did because SE saw the grand conspiracy before between SW and North hand and decided that they must stand by GEJ. By all standard in Nigeria, GEJ did well compared to the rest, he did his best the truth be told. We know serious federal infrastructure he started and even concluded most in the north, yet what did he get? He got abused, stoned and rejected, same in most part of SW that are largely dominated by Muslims Go look at the demographs, it's very clear.
So when you comment on issues like this make sure you are competent about the info you reel out here. The bottom line was clear, it was total conspiracy against GEJ and one day Karma shall come asking for her coins. #payback. We are watching.
But GEJ won all the states in the SW, except Osun. Was GEJ stoned in the SW, as you stated? The fact is that GEJ didn't do enough. He made goofs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

US Vows To Monitor $32.8m COVID-19 Spending In Nigeria / Judge In Illinois, Chicago Ordered The Release Of Tinubu Academic Records / How NTA And AIT Maltreated Buhari During The 2015 Presidential Campaigns— Shehu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.