Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,369 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' (34131 Views)

"The Goals They Want To Achieve With New Biafra" - Tanko Yaksai / Tanko Almakura And Wife, Mario At Hajj (Photos) / CHILLING: Domination Plot Of The ‘north’ Against The South East/south South Reve (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by t2luv: 5:38pm On May 02, 2015
KMJY:
I am 4rm North Central so let me answer you. Jonathan lost NC not because d NC have problem with jona per say, bt because of the internal crisis that bedevilled pdp in dos states concern. For instance, in my state Plateau, d crisis starts when Gov Jang annoint a candidate dat comes 4rm d same tribe as him, ignoring d zoning formulae that were practised 4 yrs. To make it worse, he refused 2 pay workers their entitlements 4 six month. Hence, the reason 4 ppl's defection 2 APC. What happened in NC was purely a protest vote against d actions of d Governors nt GEJ

Sorry to disappoint you, the so call NC were never in with GEJ. Your statement was just an excuse. If it wasn't, how then can you explain why a sitting President lost states in the North when the Governor of that state belongs to the same political party as the President. The North were never in his corner.
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by rexbuton: 5:39pm On May 02, 2015
Bnladan:
. Whatever u dumb asses think of, God has chosen 4 Nigeria. In 2011 many northerners supported Jonathan because felt he was a true leader. He failed dem in many aspect, d worse being in-active or unwilling 2 fight wat we think as an organised rebellion against d northern population in d name of "BOKO HARAM". Many children became orphans, wives became widows, Families were disintegrated. What do u expect frm these ppl? Many of u hav neva been 2 d north. Come and see hw we embrace every ethnic group without discrimination which many of our brodas and sisters are not havn in d South east and SS. Wen d Yorubas supported GEJ in 2011, nobody was complaining. He failed dem as well. Nw dat d north and SW voted against GEJ ( a failure) Not against SS or SE, u re complaining. Ppl lyk u jst need 2 face d truth and embrace it...#onenigeria

I find your choice of words very interesting especially the bolded.. but it seems like you have never been to the South.. My state has the reputation of being one of the most receptive states to northerners, in Edo state the treatment northerners get cannot be gotten elsewhere in the South. Have you ever heard of clashes between binis and hausa/fulani/kanuri in edo state? Ask you travelled brothers about Aduwawa, you'll think you're in Sabon.. But I live in the North, you guys are friendly but when the chips are down, such as during the riots I become hunted. I loved a certain Aisha but her dad and brothers wouldn't hear of it, she could die if she didn't see me, but they 'advised' her on the ills of marrying an infidel, she didnt agree.. Her parents had her sent abroad.. she still cries when she calls. During post elections, I seek all means to escape because I know that even you would kill me if you see me first, irrespective of the fact that I often like your posts..
Stop chanting one Nigeria because it hurts us, we fought for it. While we were clamouring for independence you guys were scheming rulership, we want the entity called Nigeria scrapped

2 Likes

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by demantruth2: 5:39pm On May 02, 2015
AustineE1:
I have seen some comments from south-west forumites and to say the least,am dissappointed.For once i dont think that Jonathan must have the second term if hadn't performed.But for anyone to judge Jonathan as having marginalized the south-west or North-East in his appointments,is the most ridiculous accusation i have heard in a very long time.Some people has choosen to be economical with the truth,just for political expediency.
One of the reasons some top PDP men defected to APC was about the president frosty relationship with the speaker of the House,the president unwillingness to support Tambuwal to be the speaker,infact he was of the opinion that south-west must be handed over the speakership but rather some Northerners conspired with some south-west house members to foist Tambuwal on the house....Now GEJs antogonists seems to have developed selective amnesia,nobody remembered what brought about the perceived marginalization of the south-west.
Right now APC is beginning to distribute all key positions to the North and others to the south-west because to them,it doesnt matter how the south-East or south-south feels.Nigeria is a big scam,we are only postponing the evil day.
The whole mantra of 'change',was all about the north,the north feels that whatever it will take to get back the presidency must be done.Dont forget boko haram major request was for GEJ to surrender presidency to a muslim.We no the truth but we shall gladly wait for GMB to equally dissappoint these innocent almajiris that where used in their quest for 'change',they were promised heaven on earth,the hunter may soon turnout to be the hunted....i smell revolution coming,'both the baboon and the dog will be soaked in blood'.

What did he do for the SW?
There was no conspiracy when he won SW and NC in 2011, abi?
He also gained 5Million votes in NW & NE in 2011. That was a conspiracy, too?

Keep leaving in denail. The man failed and behaves like a Mollusca (snail) in critical
decision making

The only revolution that will come is a new Nigeria where things are done properly
and not your own evil revolution. Deal with your loss.

Nigeria is going to be great!

2 Likes

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by baralatie(m): 5:41pm On May 02, 2015
janus05:
Despite the efforts of President Jonathan to seek the friendship of the core North by extending a reasonable size of projects to them, he was hated, hunted and turned down by these same peo­ple during the presidential elec­tion. What exactly happened?

Well, the people (core North) have been incited against Jonathan a long time ago. Even the educated ones were not fair in relating to his achievements in the region. They had made up their minds that Jonathan is anti-North. And whatever he has done, he remained an­ti-North. The fact that he sited nine of 12 new universities in the North in order to assist in bridging the educational gap that exists between the North and the rest of the country did not matter. The fact that he introduced the Almajiri schools which would reduce the number of young peo­ple who go about doing nothing but beg­ging also never counted to them.

In fact, somebody this morning, as we were discussing Jonathan, insisted that Jonathan was only busy sacking North­erners from federal establishments. But when I looked at the number of ministers and northerners in key positions, I real­ised that this very influential individual, who should know better, had made up his mind not to be objective about the issue. He was not prepared to listen to anybody. So, some people had made up their minds. The fact remains that there was this high level conspiracy against Jonathan, such that whatever he does, it would have been very difficult to con­vince people to abandon their already concluded opinion about him.

For instance, I was made to understand that a number of the members of the tra­ditional institution and influential clerics and university people, they all ganged up to spread one form of propaganda or the other against him (Jonathan). And this propaganda has already gone down deep into the minds of the people. The Friday before the presidential election, virtually all the imams in the North made a simple appeal to their congregations that when they go out the following day to cast their votes, they should make sure that they did not cast their votes in favour of an infidel. Just in one or two words, the campaign was finished. So, the follow­ing day everybody was charged to go and vote against an infidel. Who was that in­fidel? Jonathan. Even the Friday after the election, I attended a mosque where the imam was offering thanksgiving prayers to God for getting rid of an infidel.

Still, on this topic, what about the PDP members who also failed to rise up to defend their own and their party?

That is not my problem today. My prob­lem is that we in the far North have acted out the script of Gideon Orkar. We have opted out of the mainstream of Nigerian politics and I am waiting for the time to come when we would realise the conse­quences of our action.

When you say that you people have acted out the script of Gideon Orkar, what exactly do you mean?

Let me put it this way. This country is a country which is equally divided between Christians and Muslims. Where a Muslim would not vote for somebody because he is a Christian, then there is a problem. It may not appear immediately but there is a long time predicament that would one day appear because when someday it is the turn of a Christian to vote for a Mus­lim, surely this thing happening today would boomerang.

- http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=117430
wow!
strong
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by rexbuton: 5:42pm On May 02, 2015
Brainz31:

Did I hear u say 2d south only? Letseee if only d south can win against north. Luk am nt a notherner bt dat wasn't nice

you should read the post.. It only calls for a reviews of our methods and belief system
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by t2luv: 5:43pm On May 02, 2015
Equalizer:

GEJ assumed that he has done more feasible project in the Northern region that their votes were now assured neglecting the south cos he believe we are his people and even without doing anything for us that we will still vote for him across ethnic lines but the SW didn't buy that idea.. They went for the highest bidder who has promised to make their son VP.. In summary, GEJ is my hero but not a politician...

I am neither angry nor mad at you. It was a smart political move. In politics you have to smart at the same time prudent in your judgement. VP just so happen to be a heart beat away from the Presidency. The SE/SS people just couldn't see the big picture.

1 Like

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 02, 2015
t2luv:

I am neither angry nor mad at you. It was a smart political move. In politics you have to smart at the same time prudent in your judgement. VP just so happen to be a heart beat away from the Presidency. The SE/SS people just couldn't see the big picture.
We saw it coming but from our analysis them, we assumed that NC was a done deal and with a possible win in Sokoto, Kaduna, Lagos and Ondo.. Politics is just game of smart entities but some moves most times looks risky but if you scale through, celebration will be yours..
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by Vanpascore(m): 5:52pm On May 02, 2015
I see no meaningful point in the write up. The reason why the SS and SE voted jona made the Northerners voted their son too. Wait, in 2011, religion issue made most Nigerians voted wrongly then, now because he lost d election, does dat mean he was hated??

1 Like

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by agurza(f): 5:55pm On May 02, 2015
You get time to explain things to block heads.
Saifullah01:

With the his spineless leadership, surrendering security in the SS to militants, governance in the SW to OPC and land mas in the NE to boko haram for six years that killed thousands and left millions displaced. GEJ needed no one to incite the whole country - save a greedy few - against him, he was the architect of his own destruction. QED

1 Like

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by internetpirate: 5:59pm On May 02, 2015
The lie called Nigeria? I was born into it!!! But reality and truth of religion as a factor in our politics? That I have to live with!!!

AhmedMustapha:

who fed you with such lies?
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by t2luv: 6:03pm On May 02, 2015
Equalizer:

We saw it coming but from our analysis them, we assumed that NC was a done deal and with a possible win in Sokoto, Kaduna, Lagos and Ondo.. Politics is just game of smart entities but some moves most times looks risky but if you scale through, celebration will be yours..

Let me narrate the most glaring thing that I noticed from the last election returns. In the 2011 election, GMB total votes in the whole SW was a bit over 400,000 hard to believe but that was fact. In the 2015 election his total balloon to something around 6-7 million, and if I am right on this the man only won with about 2-3 million. That means had GEJ managed to keep APC number to around 3-4 million in the SW, he would have won. Now that would have been a nightmare because that would have showed everyone that you can still win the presidency without the help of the SW. Imagine the repercussion of that scenario for a minute. Nigeria stability dodged a bullet in my opinion.
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by AhmedMustapha(m): 6:09pm On May 02, 2015
internetpirate:
The lie called Nigeria? I was born into it!!! But reality and truth of religion as a factor in our politics? That I have to live with!!!

I don't in anyway doubt the role religion plays in Nigerian politics but you make it seem like both parties didn't gain from the religious card and NIGERIA isn't a lie!
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by PastorOla1: 6:09pm On May 02, 2015
illmatic101:
Our brothers from the south thinks otherwise, they don't know the gravity of their actions.
Meanwhile GOODLUCK REMAINS MY HERO AND A SAINT
HOGWASH
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by princemol: 6:14pm On May 02, 2015
deletrue:
You are as sick as your president elect. Please tell me why Dino would win election? Why are so many riff raffs win election under apc? Are you saying if these and other rubbish people had contested under GEJ and pdp, would they have won? Tell me why should four governors decamped, left GEJ and pdp. Also mentioned any country where this type of decampees are record in the world? What the hell is wrong with your brain region? The entire west, except Ekiti. Have you had or seen that kind of election? Tell me if GEj was the person WHO killed Jesus Christ that only one state voted for GEJ in the entire west. What about the north?

Pls always talk intelligently! Now, tel me how many states voted for GMB in SS and SE. tongue OR beta put, how many states did GMB win in SS n SE?
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 02, 2015
t2luv:

Let me narrate the most glaring thing that I noticed from the last election returns. In the 2011 election, GMB total votes in the whole SW was a bit over 400,000 hard to believe but that was fact. In the 2015 election his total balloon to something around 6-7 million, and if I am right on this the man only won with about 2-3 million. That means had GEJ managed to keep APC number to around 3-4 million in the SW, he would have won. Now that would have been a nightmare because that would have showed everyone that you can still win the presidency without the help of the SW. Imagine the repercussion of that scenario for a minute. Nigeria stability dodged a bullet in my opinion.
With a margin of 2.6million, I think there were possibilities of him winning without the help of the SW.. The big blow was from NC and he didn't see it coming... Losing Kogi, Niger and Benue was indeed a slap on his face cos Dada,Aliyu and Mark were there to deliver him but they failed...

1 Like

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by demantruth2: 6:14pm On May 02, 2015
t2luv:

Your figures for the SW in 2015 presidential election are wrong.
Try check the figures again

1 Like

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by t2luv: 6:21pm On May 02, 2015
Equalizer:

With a margin of 2.6million, I think there were possibilities of him winning without the help of the SW.. The big blow was from NC and he didn't see it coming... Losing Kogi, Niger and Benue was indeed a slap on his face cos Dada,Aliyu and Mark were there to deliver him but they failed...

Even with losing all those states. Imagine what would have happened if that scenario had come to pass. The Ndigbo would have seen that just increasing their turnout in the SE/SS by just a mere 15% they could have won the presidency without any help from other regions. That was why I mentioned that Nigeria stability dodged a bullet.
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by t2luv: 6:21pm On May 02, 2015
demantruth2:

Your figures for the SW in 2015 presidential election are wrong.
Try check the figures again

Over or Under?
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 02, 2015
people voted for buhari because of jonathan's mistakes. if buhari messes up people would vote him out.

1 Like

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 02, 2015
MugabeRobert:

Oh shut the eff up!

We are witnessing how shamelessly some red cap chiefs kept paying homage to the man you only hated because he's Fulani.

The southwest is doing great, we didn't cry like babies when you laughed and asked Jonathan to marginalised us.

We have the vp and possibly the speaker with many many juicy positions in pipeline. I'm proud to be brainwashed.

did you mention the speakership position? Your brainwashing was really done with hypo and jik. The SW will regret this sham on the long run and you will be gone by then with the rate lies and propagnda is eating up your brain.

2 Likes

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 02, 2015
t2luv:

Even with losing all those states. Imagine what would have happened if that scenario had come to pass. The Ndigbo would have seen that just increasing their turnout in the SE/SS by just a mere 15% they could have won the presidency without any help from other regions. That was why I mentioned that Nigeria stability dodged a bullet.
Very correct brother.. The low turnout of voters in the SE/SS really contributed to GEJ's defeat.. It was only Akwa Ibom and Rivers that score above 800,000 in the two zones.. I strongly believe we the Ndigbo has learnt our lessons and when next voters registration will take place, we will definitely work on our voting strength cos that's what counts in Nigeria politics now.. the more your voting strength is the more relevance you become within the political sphere..
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by demantruth2: 6:33pm On May 02, 2015
t2luv:

Over or Under?
There are only six states in SW.
The highest votes for GMB came from Lagos, 790k+

Do the math or best, check the results

1 Like

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 02, 2015
t2luv:

Jonathan was handed the key of an alliance that consists of the SW/SS/SE but he went out of his way, because he despised the SW so much to courted the North. Honestly people look at the top positions in his administration, no region in the country was marginalised as the SW was. Tinubu, and the rest of the SW people knew that deep down the North hated the idea of Jonathan being the President but Jonathan, and his king maker, Clark thought they could changed that mindset through other means. Had Jonathan kept the alliance that elected in place, the North would have been out of the equation when it comes to power in Nigeria. I am afraid people I got bad news for you, this is the new alignment and one that i think will be in place for a long time. The North, with the SW are going to be in power for a long time. They can see the election map, just as anyone with an ounce of brain. They dont need the SE/SS to rule. People from the SE/SS can cry all they want about marginalization until the cow comes home. Election has consequences.

Tinubu deployed all the resources at his disposal to ensure that Mulikat Adeola, a Yoruba, does not emerge the House Speaker.

When you talk about marginalisation, are there not Ministers from Yoruba states? The Constitution made it mandatory that every state of the Federation must produce a Minister. All yoruba states did. Why cry marginalisation? Blame Tinubu for losing the Speakership cos he had his eye on what has played out now. He did it so people like you will believe GEJ is anti- Yoruba and follow him as champion of the Yorubas. He used the opportunity to launch himself as the next Awo.

Problem is; people like you are pawns in his hands. You no longer have a logic independent of his. What he says is your position. You are a product of his propaganda! You will never believe me cos you are no longer capable of independent reason. That is the power of propaganda.
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by t2luv: 6:37pm On May 02, 2015
demantruth2:

There are only six states in SW.
The highest votes for GMB came from Lagos, 790k+

Do the math or best, check the results

Thanks. So the nightmare was even closer than I thought.
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by Nairapeople(m): 6:39pm On May 02, 2015
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by t2luv: 6:41pm On May 02, 2015
20pounds:

Tinubu deployed all the resources at his disposal to ensure that Mulikat Adeola, a Yoruba, does not emerge the House Speaker.

When you talk about marginalisation, are there not Ministers from Yoruba states? The Constitution made it mandatory that every state of the Federation must produce a Minister. All yoruba states did. Why cry marginalisation? Blame Tinubu for losing the Speakership cos he had his eye on what has played out now.

Problem is; people like you are pawns in his hands. You no longer have a logic independent of his. What he says is your position. You are a product of his propaganda! You will never believe me cos you are no longer capable of independent reason. That is the power of propaganda.

Please take the time to read my posts. Tinubu to me is a Persona non grata. He is a snake that doesn't mean well for the country.
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by abdulll6afh(m): 6:52pm On May 02, 2015
I dont know when p d p will stop religios politics in nigeria. if they go to muslims arae they are encouraging muslims not to vote for christain.thesame if they go to christain area

1 Like

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 02, 2015
The North will rule Nigeria till 2023;

1 Like

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by t2luv: 7:02pm On May 02, 2015
GogobiriLalas:
The North will rule Nigeria till 2023;

I will like to place a wager on that assumption. I will like to take under 3 yrs. That change that we all pray for rest on GMB not missing a minute of breath. That an odd I don't like.
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by 4godsake: 7:23pm On May 02, 2015
I don't just know why we the masses reason along religouse,ethnic and tribal line when it comes to national issues,there is acute fuel shortage,no light and curruption(NNPC can not account for amount almost the size of our annual budget) at it peak,inpunity everywhere,insecurity that has so far claimed over 3000 lives and still counting,many are in captivity etc.

I wouldn't mind voting a togolis as my president if constitution permit provided he can solve just one the above mentioned problem,Jonathan lost because he is incompetent.

2 Likes

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by kuuljay(m): 7:33pm On May 02, 2015
if it is a muslim christian thing then where did GEJ get his votes in 2011 nigerians wanted change that's all,if it's was a conspiracy against jona then why did most pdp candidates also lost.if it was a gang up against him then pdp should have held both houses.abeg forget mata

1 Like

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by omarlee(m): 7:49pm On May 02, 2015
Angoni:
Any sensible southerner who has spent time up north, no matter how short, would know this. But we have some slave buffoons in the south who think they are smart by siding with cattle herders despite the apparent little esteem in which they are held or frankly looked down upon. The Boko haram people have no time for southern infidels, just their riches. Keep shouting change until the Fulani start grazing his cows in your back yard.

Tell me more imp, the votes GEJ got even from the core north are even much higher than what GMB got from the SE/SS. I guess the SS/SE didn't vote out of sentiment. I don't know why all this igbos like playing the victim card-go back to your drawing board and learn politics. Igbos will forever remain slaves as they will never lead due to their myopic way of life. And believe me you, the biafra you are agitating for will never be realized because with GMB in power any insurrection will be crushed. Let 2015 be a lesson to you and your folks that politics is a game of number. And such numbers can only be realised through alliances with others interest. You either seek alliance with other regions and tribes or forever remain the degenerate you are- May God punish you and your likes, ethnic warriors cum inconsequential analyst.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Soldiers Dig Out Bombs Planted On The Road By Boko Haram Members (Pics) / Ruth Ogunleye: Army To Investigate Alleged Maltreatment Of Female Soldier / Akala Tears Ballot Papers At PDP South-west Congress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.