Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,271 members, 7,815,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke (28952 Views)

Ajibola, Ajimobi’s Daughter Denies Blasting LAUTECH Students / Biafra: We Are Igbos – Says Asari Dokubo (see Video) / Fani-kayode Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Alleged Threat To Igbos, Says Its Ominious An (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by tonychristopher: 11:47am On May 06, 2015
what is wrong with these yorubas, the one you think that he is sensible will make a mockery of himself, they will say something and they will deny it after been confronted..,

Why do the yorubas hate igbo this much and other tribes

They said that they are sophisticated nobody complained, voted APC nobody complained, is it a bad thing to vote a different party. IGBO DO NOT HAVE HEARD AND FLOCK MENTALITY

I am sick and tired of Igbo this, Igbo that by yorubna

can we read something else

I am disapointed with wole, i wonder how he got the Bobel Prize with his Kongi or Conji book, writing children stories like lion and the Jewel

My yoruba friend please dont hate/hit me, I am just stating the facts

it can be disgusting

Oba
Doctor USA
the movie Gut =Gbolahan
FFK

all denied their statements when confronted, can you give igbo a break pls, what the hell is wrong with you dudes, or your elites?

I am sorry but this is sickening, I must say

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by eagleeye2: 11:47am On May 06, 2015
faray:
pls who is wole soyinka?
one of the idiats who started cultism in the Nigerian higher institution.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by emmatok(m): 11:48am On May 06, 2015
ichidodo:
Too late Soyinka as most of us already see u a hare brained slowpoke thus you cannot insult our intelligience with these lames excuses and rebuttals......our own is to wait for the audio and video to come out,sahara? Premium?? Anyone.

You are one of the slowpokes that went on Yahoo group to create the senseless ariticle which the Cable copied .

You people go about creating instigating information using other people's identity.

I learnt never to believe anything thing from you guys.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Leez(m): 11:48am On May 06, 2015
ChristyG:
ibos are indeed slowpokes and braindead
Loooooooool wut?
Considering the cowards,crybabies and area boys u have wow o wow
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by nnachukz(m): 11:49am On May 06, 2015
stabillo:
Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, has denied describing Igbo as people who vote based on their stomach.

Some online media had quoted Soyinka as saying Igbo were politically naive while delivering a lecture titled ‘Predicting Nigeria, Electoral Ironies’ at Harvard University Hutchins Centre for African and African American Research in the United States.

He was quoted as saying “Igbo remained unrepentant and resolute towards their strategic objective of secession at worst; or a Nigerian president of Igbo extraction at best.”

However, Soyinka said in a statement on Thursday that it was unfortunate that people could tell lies against him.

The playwright described those peddling the rumour as morons who have ulterior motives.

He said his entire lecture delivered at Harvard University was recorded on video and anyone who was interested could access it on the Internet.

He said: "I have just read a statement attributed to me on something called The Cable, a news outlet, evidently one of the Internet infestations. My lecture at the Hutchins Centre, Harvard University[b][/b], was video recorded. Anyone who believes what I am alleged to have said must be a slowpoke – repeat, a slowpoke. [b][/b]It is demeaning, sickening and boring to have to deal with these cowards who cannot fight their own battles but must fasten their imbecilic pronouncements on others. Only the mentally retarded will credit this comment attributed to me regarding the Ndigbo voting pattern in the last elections. I strongly suspect the author of this despicable concoction, and may make a further statement, once the source is verified.” the statement read

source: http://www.punchng.com/news/soyinka-blasts-online-media-denies-insulting-igbo/
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by nationwide1(m): 11:49am On May 06, 2015
Oh God I thank you for you gave me the wisdom not to comment or liked any insulting post in the other thread. The wisdom to know that the statement did not look like the amiable and smart professor was from you oh God. Thank you for shielding me from that sin.

Patient is good.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by nationwide1(m): 11:50am On May 06, 2015
Oh God I thank you for you gave me the wisdom not to comment or liked any insulting post in the other thread. The wisdom to know that the statement did not look like the amiable and smart professor was from you oh God. Thank you for shielding me from that sin.

Patient and selfish control are good.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by emmatok(m): 11:50am On May 06, 2015
tonychristopher:
what is wrong with these yorubas, the one you think that he is sensible will make a mockery of himself, they will say something and they will deny it after been confronted..,

Why do the yorubas hate igbo this much and other tribes

They said that they are sophisticated nobody complained, voted APC nobody complained, is it a bad thing to vote a different party. IGBO DO NOT HAVE HEARD AND FLOCK MENTALITY

I am sick and tired of Igbo this, Igbo that by yorubna

can we read something else

I am disapointed with wole, i wonder how he got the Bobel Prize with his Kongi or Conji book, writing children stories like lion and the Jewel

My yoruba friend please dont hate/hit me, I am just stating the facts

it can be disgusting

Oba
Doctor USA
the movie Gut =Gbolahan
FFK

all denied their statements when confronted, can you give igbo a break pls, what the hell is wrong with you dudes, or your elites?

I am sorry but this is sickening, I must say

But you are pained and disappointed he didn't make the statement.

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by sinizia: 11:50am On May 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
I swear down, dis soyinka guy no deserve nobel price
Wetin d guy don write sef
Lion and d ....... I don forget d name
He's a shame, he shld go learn from d Achebe's
Say no to "change"
We nid transformation
I pray and hope we won't regret voting out transformation

Where did you drop your brain? When will you ever make sense? What's has the comparison with Achebe got to do with this topic? The two great men have cemented their legacies while you are busy displaying your stupidity all over Nairaland. Shame on you.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Nobody: 11:50am On May 06, 2015
stonemind:
Who is even gonna take this dude seriously, he's an old f**l

Just like the elders in your village who obviously could never in their life time record one tenth the achievement of this honourable man are all OLD F**ls

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by tbaba1234: 11:51am On May 06, 2015
ozoigbondu:
l knew he would deny it.They always deny it.Anyways time to modify some unsavoury comments l made in the other thread thanks to that ngeneukwuenu

Soyinka was jailed for 22 months, 4 months in Solitary confinement because he was a biafra sympathizer.... I am surprised that he was not given the the benefit of the doubt. It is really sad.

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by eagleeye2: 11:51am On May 06, 2015
when I saw thecable.ng I knew the senile old foool made that statement
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Nobody: 11:51am On May 06, 2015
[size=15pt]A nairalander has opened a thread on the actual speech W.Soyinka gave.

Can be read here:[/size]
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by UncleJudax(m): 11:52am On May 06, 2015
seunmsg:

You are just one silly slowpoke without sense. Soyinka was imprisoned because of the support he gave to your fathers and grandfather's during the civil. How on earth will he make such a statement about your people without considering his age and international standing? Shame on all you slowpoke who continue to hate on him despite the sacrifice he made for your people's struggle.
See beyond your nose brother. I never believed it yesterday. But there were many yorubas that were hailing him for speaking the 'truth'.
Apparently, there are folks from that part of the country that cannot go a day without taking their 'igbo medication'

It is them that you need to preach to.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by sinizia: 11:53am On May 06, 2015
aderonila18:
Igbo people come and listen o, you guys are so easy to manipulate. How can a Nobel price winner make such a speech in Harvard and you mumus will believe that's possible

If someone call the Yorubas retàrds, you'll get angry. Nothing like manipulation. No known Igbo public figure has attacked Soyinka yet and you are talking balderdash. Or do NLers speak for Igbos?

Igbos like me are allowed to get angry over the earlier news. It's normal. Now he's denied it, we've moved on. Nothing like manipulation.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by DarryOsh(m): 11:53am On May 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
You are joking right? undecided
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by ichidodo: 11:53am On May 06, 2015
emmatok:

[s]
You are one of the slowpokes that went on Yahoo group to create the senseless ariticle which the Cable copied .

You people go about creating instigating information using other people's identity.

I learnt never to believe anything thing from you guys[/s].
Lame accusations and conjectures.....But in the other thread,you were clapping for Soyinka.why are you now trying to make scape goats out of those against which Soyinko developed buccal diarhorea...bleeping Southwest coward hypocrite.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by TheOtherview: 11:55am On May 06, 2015
tbaba1234:

Soyinka was jailed for 22 months, 4 months in Solitary confinement because he was a biafra sympathizer.... I am surprised that he was not given the the benefit of the doubt. It is really sad.

You clearly have not been paying attention to all the vitriol packaged and sent across to Wole Soyinka, by the usual suspects, during the course of Jonathan's reign.

Do you want me to dig up threads which show the unbroken sanctimony of the same creeeeetins getting bent out of shape, here?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by freeborn76(m): 11:56am On May 06, 2015
Ibos will always rush to make stupid statements without verifying; no ethnic group is more bigoted, hypocritical and tribalistic like the Igbos, perido! Chinua Achebe wrote a whole book where he disparaged the sage Obafemi Awolowo and called Yorubas all kinds of names, heaven did not fall, yet when an unverified news hit the internet, Igbos went berserk. Shame! Igbos are jealous that Soyinka won a Nobel and Achebe did not, that is the truth. I look forward to the day that Biafra will be declared so that we can rest; these guys just need to Bleep off!

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by ichidodo: 11:56am On May 06, 2015
ChristyG:
ibos are indeed slowpokes and braindead
Yeribas are slaves,cowards and ass-lickers...Indeed you only need to scratch the surface of their most erudite and learned then voila! You find tribal scums and sh**t.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Volksfuhrer(m): 11:57am On May 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Say no to "change"
We nid transformation
I pray and hope we won't regret voting out transformation

What don't you understand about Soyinka's comments?
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by nnachukz(m): 11:57am On May 06, 2015
stabillo:
Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, has denied describing Igbo as people who vote based on their stomach.

Some online media had quoted Soyinka as saying Igbo were politically naive while delivering a lecture titled ‘Predicting Nigeria, Electoral Ironies’ at Harvard University Hutchins Centre for African and African American Research in the United States.

He was quoted as saying “Igbo remained unrepentant and resolute towards their strategic objective of secession at worst; or a Nigerian president of Igbo extraction at best.”

However, Soyinka said in a statement on Thursday that it was unfortunate that people could tell lies against him.

The playwright described those peddling the rumour as morons who have ulterior motives.

He said his entire lecture delivered at Harvard University was recorded on video and anyone who was interested could access it on the Internet.

He said: "I have just read a statement attributed to me on something called The Cable, a news outlet, evidently one of the Internet infestations. My lecture at the Hutchins Centre, Harvard University[b][/b], was video recorded. Anyone who believes what I am alleged to have said must be a slowpoke – repeat, a slowpoke. [b][/b]It is demeaning, sickening and boring to have to deal with these cowards who cannot fight their own battles but must fasten their imbecilic pronouncements on others. Only the mentally retarded will credit this comment attributed to me regarding the Ndigbo voting pattern in the last elections. I strongly suspect the author of this despicable concoction, and may make a further statement, once the source is verified.” the statement read

source: http://www.punchng.com/news/soyinka-blasts-online-media-denies-insulting-igbo/
cowards who cannot fight their own battle but rely on other people's pronouncement. Soyinka I like that statement. Let the yorubas go and fight their battle and stop media propaganda and lies with their useless media houses.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by ozoigbondu: 11:57am On May 06, 2015
PassingShot:

Why did you have to say you "know he will deny it"? undecided

Because he might not have said it
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by eagleeye2: 11:57am On May 06, 2015
This is the man who saw Tomorrow.
UnknownT:
Na dia way, he will still come out tomorrow and cry that he was quoted out of context.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by kelvyn7: 11:58am On May 06, 2015
davidque007:

Didn't you read that there is a video or a transcript of the lecture he delivered? Before you belief or disbelief the statement attributed to him, shouldn't u endeavour to read the speech and verify for yourself? Nawa o, you must be a "slowpoke" just as he said

did he also deliver this denial in a video or a transcript of a lecture

pls answer that...and mind it, u dont have to insult me. its totally unwarranted. Behave ur sef cos i bliv u are educated. angry
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Banter1(m): 11:59am On May 06, 2015
But whoever made that statement was only telling the truth though!
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Jokay07(m): 11:59am On May 06, 2015
kelvyn7:

tell that to ur mummy and daddy, that its a new word u just learnt from Wole grin

make sure u smile when using it on ur daddy, u will know if its a nice word grin grin
I just checked the factual meaning and features of a ''slowpoke'' now, believe you me, Soyinka was right, you acted like one of those slowpokes Soyinka was refering to. grin grin
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by sukkot: 12:00pm On May 06, 2015
nduchucks:
ngwanu, Prof. Soyinka, you did not say that Igbos voted based on their stomachs, but you sir, know fully well that Igbo people believed the news reports.

Sodiafor, you just called Igbos Slowpokes. Nna, this is just as bad as saying that our people vote with their stomachs. How I wish Achebe were around to deal with you, sir. embarassed
grin grin grin grin
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by M4gunners: 12:00pm On May 06, 2015
SOYINKA U ARE A SNAKE OF TWO HEAD. PLEASE DON'T TAKE IT AS INSULT BUT MY OBSERVATION.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 06, 2015
ngeneukwenu, Ilekeh and madamoringo are shameless dolts who peddle tribalism and believe someone as soyinka who went to jail for his stance on biafra would turn round to do ethnic profiling against a nation as large as Ndi Igbo.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by cold(m): 12:01pm On May 06, 2015
Did i not say it? Sigh...

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 06, 2015
Most journalists are mischief makers who want to set Nigeria on fire by publishing stories that are untrue and as a result create bad blood and hate amongst Nigerians;these jounalists and media men and women are just selfish and looking for ways to drive traffic to their cheap blogs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari Takes One-Week Visit To Daura / Amaechi: PDP Senators Reject Confirmation / 2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.