Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,194 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves - Computers (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves (45996 Views)

Identify Fake Profiles On Facebook Using Google Image Search / Cisco Guru Help! Cant Connect To Internet Via Cisco 2800 & Idirect X3 / How to identify a fake(china) HP Laptop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Loggix: 3:32pm On Oct 20, 2012
Hey Maleeq,
I posted some informative content early this morning, only to see the message 'This post has been hidden' appear in it's place. Upon digging further, I discovered it was banned by a 'pyguru' who I do not show as a moderator. Just yourself and Skydancer are listed as such. So my concerns are,
1. Who is this 'pyguru' and for what reason was my very informative post for the Cisco folks out there banned.
2. Should this person not have the courtesy to inform a poster of the reason/justification for a ban
3. The post did not violate any 'Terms of use' rules as far as I can tell.

It is all well and good to monitor content for apprpriate material, but to Willy Nilly ban posts that are clean and clear is beyond me.

Please advise.
Thank you and have a great day.
Loggix.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Maleeq(m): 5:07pm On Oct 20, 2012
Loggix: Hey Maleeq,
I posted some informative content early this morning, only to see the message 'This post has been hidden' appear in it's place. Upon digging further, I discovered it was banned by a 'pyguru' who I do not show as a moderator. Just yourself and Skydancer are listed as such. So my concerns are,
1. Who is this 'pyguru' and for what reason was my very informative post for the Cisco folks out there banned.
2. Should this person not have the courtesy to inform a poster of the reason/justification for a ban
3. The post did not violate any 'Terms of use' rules as far as I can tell.

It is all well and good to monitor content for apprpriate material, but to Willy Nilly ban posts that are clean and clear is beyond me.

Please advise.
Thank you and have a great day.
Loggix.

"pyguru" is the anti-spam bot. Its not a user/moderator but a bot. It wrongly marked the post as spam, and automatically banned you. It concluded it was spam based on posts/keywords marked as spam forum-wide.

I don't have the powers to undo its ban, but having reviewed the post you were banned for, I have forwarded your details to the supermoderator who would unban you shortly.
So sorry for the inconveniences.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Loggix: 6:23pm On Oct 20, 2012
Thanks for the follow up, still waiting for the post to show up.
Maleeq:

"pyguru" is the anti-spam bot. Its not a user/moderator but a bot. It wrongly marked the post as spam, and automatically banned you. It concluded it was spam based on posts/keywords marked as spam forum-wide.

I don't have the powers to undo its ban, but having reviewed the post you were banned for, I have forwarded your details to the supermoderator who would unban you shortly.
So sorry for the inconveniences.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Maleeq(m): 6:38pm On Oct 20, 2012
Loggix: Thanks for the follow up, still waiting for the post to show up.
Its been up since I got your complaint....and your ban has been lifted too...
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Loggix: 4:20pm On Oct 21, 2012
Maleeq:
Its been up since I got your complaint....and your ban has been lifted too...

lol, Maleeq, That post has 'magically' disappeared. It is not on the Cisco Forumn here, nor is it in my profile's posts. Nah wa O!!.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 22, 2012
Good day all,
My question might sound stupid but u need to help me as I have a mandate to pass CCNA and java before Jan. I don't hv time for lectures so I plan doing self study- mostly nights and available weekends.

What are the latest materials and where can I find them?
I have 6th edition of sybex. What is d latest edition and how can I get it?
Where can I get the simulator?
I have access to our old routers (cisco 1900 etc ). We just upgrade sum routers in my office cos they don't have slots for hwic.
I can make straight and cross cables, terminate cat 6 cables in patch panel. change face plates,etc Trace Lan cabling faults. I add hwic card too (hehehe)
I don't just need to pass the exam but be a guru.
I need to know d nitty gritty of routing.
Please help ur sister in need.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Loggix: 5:10am On Oct 23, 2012
mercylicious: Good day all,
My question might sound stupid but u need to help me as I have a mandate to pass CCNA and java before Jan. I don't hv time for lectures so I plan doing self study- mostly nights and available weekends.

What are the latest materials and where can I find them?
I have 6th edition of sybex. What is d latest edition and how can I get it?
Where can I get the simulator?
I have access to our old routers (cisco 1900 etc ). We just upgrade sum routers in my office cos they don't have slots for hwic.
I can make straight and cross cables, terminate cat 6 cables in patch panel. change face plates,etc Trace Lan cabling faults. I add hwic card too (hehehe)
I don't just need to pass the exam but be a guru.
I need to know d nitty gritty of routing.

Please help ur sister in need.

@Mercylicious,
I would recommend you consider registering on the Cisco360 Learning Network, to avail yourself of the abundance of Information and materials for your project. Here's the link - Https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/learning_center/csb

If you have previous hands on experience, then I would suggest you review the online material and tailor your study to those areas that augment your skill sets, and at the same time building stength in the areas that you feel you need help with.
You mention that you have one of 'your old Router' a Cisco1900, The C1900 Series of ISR Routers are not really old, they are the upgrade path from the C1800 Series. Were you referring instead to a Catalyst1900 Switch?, now, that is old. That will help with CLI basics, but might not be of too much help in terms of several commands that are needed with the new CCNA Iteration, e.g, Vlans, etc. You may find Simulators helpful in the abscence of Routers/Switches.

Good luck in your pursuit.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Loggix: 5:56am On Oct 23, 2012
So, I have been trying to give a running commentary on some issues and stuff I do as a D/Center R/S Engr. I posted a lenghty comment a couple of days ago as I had promised I would, when I last posted a few months back. I ended up being 'banned' erroneously by the 'bot' Meister and then my post 'auto-magically' disappeared. I am not going to try to recreate that post, we'll just move on. Any way I was off line due to my project load, but due to numerous enquiries, I will try as much as possible to try posting more, NDA permitting, ofcourse.

Today's issue was a Power issue that caused a segment of the Campus to loose Power - This section just happens to be the location of the D/Cntr. The Primary back up Gen kicked in, but as Mr Murphy [yeah, that Murphy] would have it, -the Gen spouted a leak and the unthinkable had to happen. The tertiary backup Sys - the UPS kicked in, but could only Carry the D/C for a limited time. Ahh, Murphy at work again, The D/C Core devices had to be taken off line. i.e the VSS Cores, The 4 X NEXUS etc.

Then I I had to get to a Nearby Tier1 remote site 'cos SRST had failed on the C3800. Bear in mind, the remote Site gets it's VoIP control from the UCS 210 Server in the D/Cntr. Come to find out that the IOS on it was good to Ver3 of SRST, and would not support the phone types, mostly 7965 and up. Had to do a quick upgrade to a 3800AdvanenterpriseK9.151.M4--- to support SRST Ver8 on which the phone loads were now embeded- yeah SRST/phone type is now fully embeded in IOS. reloaded the Router, and it crashed. Gotcha: - It had a 256M flash card, but Ver15.1 IOS requires RAM of 512M to run. Murphy again. Booted the the Router to Rommon [ by removing the flash card - so there was no bootable image] While in Rommon: I changed the booth path to the previous load - Ver12.4 and reloaded. It came up happy, and meanwhile the D/C Mains came back online, and the UCS Servers and other Core Devices came back online. The C3800 connected back to the D/C and VoiP phones began to register. Long day.

Now, the 2 X SUP-720-10Gig on one of My Several C6513 Access Sw. decided not to load - and booted to Rommon. Well, that was easy, as long as the image was not corrupted, I could bring it up quick. I just went into console and booted from Rommon and the Prim SUP came up. I then went into console on the Slave-SUP and did the same, and it came up too. I will look into that Switch and make sure the Boot Variable is set right, though I did set the boot path to Router#boot system SUP-bootflash:<ios> It's a SUP-720-10Gig PFC-3C.
later.

1 Like

Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Maleeq(m): 10:45am On Oct 23, 2012
Loggix:

lol, Maleeq, That post has 'magically' disappeared. It is not on the Cisco Forumn here, nor is it in my profile's posts. Nah wa O!!.
Sorry about that. The posts are all back now. Confirm please.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Loggix: 12:52pm On Oct 23, 2012
Maleeq:
Sorry about that. The posts are all back now. Confirm please.

@Maleeq, thanks for following up on today's latest post. It is back now. *****However; my lenghty post from a couple of days ago, the one referenced in my original email to you, that you had reviewed and confirmed to be legit, is still missing.******* If you could recover that post, I would greatly appreciate it. As I indicated, I do not see it in my Profile post's either. I just want the Cisco Brethren, who may not have access to a large Data Center that hosts a Diversity of Technologies, to get a feel for what it's like, running one. Those following the posts will also understand when I reference a Technology or Infrastructure mentioned in that intro post, in future posts.
Have a great day
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by MPLS: 5:18am On Oct 27, 2012
Good to find that this forum is coming back up after a while.
@mercylicious. Since you've got some hands on experience you can make do with Todd Lammle's book. But just as Loggix said, tailor your studies along with the CCNA exam objective.

As for me, I'm prepping for my CCIE R&S Written which I plan to take in a few weeks. I have access to a remote lab that consist:
1 x 3750
1 x 3560
2 x 3550s
4 x 2621XMs.
I run Ubuntu 11.10 on my machine. Dynagen runs fine here with INEs topology fully loaded. Windows XP runs in VM as well. As many as are going the R&S way, lets collaborate. I'll post some of my notes as time permits. Thank y'all for viewing. Enjoy...
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Loggix: 5:38am On Oct 28, 2012
Aahh, good to see that my 'lost' [it was erroneuosly deleted by the 'SPAMBOT Meister'] D/Center post from Oct 20 [page15] has been recovered by Maleeq [Moderator] and crew. Kudos, dude.
@MPLS - Congrats on seeking the IE badge. Do you mind if I ask you a few questions regarding the pursuit of the IE cred. from 'your neck of the woods'. I presume you are quite clued in.
1. You mention that you have access to a remote Rack. Is this remote Rack Rental?. - Question: Would you or others you know, patronize a local physical IE Rack rental Stack if it were available. Router/Switch/Devices Combo would be Cisco currently recommended platforms. - Definitely no C2600 and Cat3500 Series on the IE Racks.
Covered tracks will be R/S, VoIP and Security.
2. What would be considered a fair market value for such service
3. What locality would be considered ideal for ease of access.
4. Is the industry ready/mature enough for such an endeavor.
5. Associate and Professional Racks may also be available. - Full Racks and not oneses and twoses

just Curious smiley

1 Like

Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by donami(m): 2:54pm On Oct 28, 2012
currently studying for my ccie written, and its a combined study cos am nt looking @ taking d written exam untill am ready for d lab cos i dont wanna put myself on a marathon planning to buy some 3550 n' 3560 to use @ home using gns3 with d breakout switch method. then when i am ready i would do lots of mock lab too
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by MPLS: 5:17pm On Oct 30, 2012
@donami - Its good to read your post. Do you check www.lostintransit.se
then, another forum/blog is Daniels Quest: provided you don't know how to go about the breakout switch.
@Loggix - that's a good venture. You may want to avoid C2600 (but the XMs will do)
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by donami(m): 8:23pm On Oct 30, 2012
@mpls, thanks for replying n' for keeping this forum alive. Currently doing a technology review for layer 2 technologies. hope we get another post in a few hours time. You guys are great.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by MPLS: 9:27pm On Nov 01, 2012
@donami - Its good that you're doing Layer 2 technology review. There isn't too much in L2 stuff, but you'll have to download the C3560 QoS guide. I'm sure you know that the DocCD is your friend... From where do you plan to purchase your 3560s (you'll need 4 of those). A good mentor of mine has a 48-port PoE, with 4 SFPs.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by MPLS: 8:32pm On Nov 07, 2012
Today, I ran into an issue while working in dynagen. I have a full INE-racked R&S topo in dynagen that I practise on when not labbing on the remote lab.
Here is it - I wanted to send a set of commands:

conf t
int s0/1
no shut

from the Terminal Server to devices in the rack (R1 and R2) using the <send *> command. But, after issuing send *; followed by my set of commands, I went over to check the cli of R1 and R2 and the commands weren't executed. Has anyone ran into this in dynagen? I'm yet to try it out in a live lab...
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by busybee001: 8:08am On Nov 08, 2012
Hi house!
For the CCIE aspirants,,,one of us has floated a facebook fanpage(study group).
Like the "CCIE NIGERIA STUDY GROUP" on facebook and collobarate with other IE aspirants.

1 Like

Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by rabzy: 8:47am On Nov 21, 2012
The New Cisco ISR routers, 1900s, 2900s with the latest cisco ios is causing issues for some companies. By default so many features such as VPN, IPSEC and UC are not enabled in the Universal license shipped with the routers, You would need to activate these features.

If there is anyone who needs to run VPN, SSLVPN or UC on their routers or wants to set it up in their network, you can contact my us at algorithmsquare.com or call me on 08038840046.

We are are a group of guys who have worked in the industry for 5 - 10 years and we have the expertise to deploy several range of technologies. We would love to help small and medium enterprises who do not have the financial muscle to pay people like WECO, DD, Resourcery, Ipartners, Telnet/IPNX, etc.

We have worked for these people and we were their solution architects.

We have 2 CCIEs (Security, R&S), Two NPs, 1 SP, a certified hacker, two MCTIP guys. We are all available to work with anyone at very very cost efficient rates.

Cheers
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by dreamxml(m): 6:50pm On Dec 17, 2012
Hi everyone.
Drop me lines if anyone is interested in taking on cisco from icnd1 tru ccie.
I am a ccie tho.
Not asking for money or whatsoever, all free book,packet tracer with tutorials and cbt nuggets by jeremy via drop box.
You can do it... trust me...dedication and practice goes a long way.
eyeteedude@yahoo.co.uk
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by nateevs(m): 1:44pm On Dec 28, 2012
Wow! It's good to know that this forum is taking off. . sort off. 16 pages in almost four years. Not bad. grin
It's starting to resemble a tiny bit of the vision I had when I set up the thread in Feb 2009.
I have been away from Cisco certification for a long time and now I think I am back. Now I am going down the VOIP route starting with CCNA voice.

I have built my lab and it scales up to CCIE. Although I learn CCIE is still on version 7, CCNP though focuses on V8.
I will be sharing the setup of my lab as well as useful scenarios in the course of my study. Anyone interested can join in.

Kudos to the CCIE R&S fellas in the place and all who have continued to post here. Thanks for keeping this thread alive.

2 Likes

Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by MPLS: 1:48pm On Jan 04, 2013
Its really nice to see this thread growing bigger!
@nateevs - good to read from you after a long while. Can you share more about your voice lab contents. You should be doing Presence, Unity etc; what about VMWare (for your CUCM)?
You can stay away from the pricey C3750 and go for C3560 PS (PoE) - they'll do thesame thing for you, I believe. Good luck as you plunge into the world of Unified Communications.
Complements...
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Olajuwuwon: 6:05pm On Apr 05, 2013
Ccie Security V4 Complete Materials For Sale At N100k No More No Less

Hello Guys,

I have the complete study materials for CCIE Security Version 4 which includes materials on written and lab from vendors like (IPxpert,INE, Narbik, PCL, CCIECERT) just to mention few.

Please interested buyers only.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Loggix: 10:56pm On Apr 14, 2013
Hello Folks, looks like our thread got cold again, I for one, have been out of pocket for a while due to my project load. I am going to try to post updates or share some of the work I am involved in, both on the operations side and design/implement. Please also do understand again, that due to the nature of my projects, a certain level of NDA commitment applies to what and how much I can post. I certainly will share what I can for the purpose of
1. encouraging others to do so, by sharing.
2. point out what I can do/could have done differently with regards to an issue.
3.I also wish this medium to be fully utilized for the purpose Nateev set it up 'eons' ago, i.e to share, learn from others, and help others learn Technology solutions using Cisco System's methodologies, both in equipment and best practices.

1 Like

Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Loggix: 6:39pm On Apr 15, 2013
Currently troubleshooting a very high latency issue on an MPLS circuit. Both LEC and ISP have disavowed reponsibility, so I escalated to a Vendor Meet, where both LEC and ISP techs and I, are going to test the Circuit head to-head at the layer2 level. Layer3 is fine as icmp [pings] are going through, albeit at a lower data payload. When I run stress patterns on the circuit with higher payloads, I get time outs. Anyway, below is a snapshot of the T1 interface on the C2911 with a - Serial Interface is HWIC-1T Card.

C2911XXXX#sh int s0/1/0
Serial0/1/0 is up, line protocol is up
Hardware is WIC MBRD Serial
Description: [ISPXX] MPLS Connection Ckk ID: XXXX/ LEC: Ckt ID:XXXX
Internet address is x.x.x.x/30
MTU 1500 bytes, BW 1544 Kbit/sec, DLY 20000 usec,
reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
Encapsulation PPP, LCP Open
Stopped: IPV6CP, CDPCP
Open: IPCP, loopback not set
Keepalive set (10 sec)
Last input 00:00:00, output 00:00:00, output hang never
Last clearing of "show interface" counters 2d19h
Input queue: 0/75/199/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 10165
Queueing strategy: Class-based queueing
Output queue: 0/1000/0 (size/max total/drops)
5 minute input rate 2000 bits/sec, 4 packets/sec
5 minute output rate 6000 bits/sec, 5 packets/sec
1270260 packets input, 553496009 bytes, 0 no buffer
Received 0 broadcasts, 3293 runts, 200 giants, 0 throttles
9548 input errors, 0 frame, 1054 overrun, 0 ignored, 1162 abort
1518307 packets output, 330715379 bytes, 0 underruns
0 output errors, 0 collisions, 4 interface resets
847 unknown protocol drops
0 output buffer failures, 0 output buffers swapped out
3400 carrier transitions
DCD=up DSR=up DTR=up RTS=up CTS=up

A few things of note here: In RED
1. The Circiut Reliability is good - 255/255 -
2. The items in Red i.e CRC and input errors, as well as the Carrier transitions - i.e 'Circuit bouncing' are the issues causing both Data degradation and VoIP Service Call drops.
We are currently testing the Circuit in Sections to Isolate the segment with the issue. I have an idea of the problem, but the vendors need to find/confirm it and fix. Otherwise, they will continue to point fingers at each, and each would claim the 'Circuit is clean' on their sections.
Sections are:
1. V.35 cable from HWIC-1T to CSU/DSU
2. CSU/DSU via Demarc extension cable to LEC SmartJack at Demark
3. T1 dropoff at SmartJack to LEC CO [central office via Fiber/Copper on a DS3 Customer access]
4. From LEC C/O A end to the Z end that goes through similar #1 - #3 above, and termintes in ISP's PE [Provider Edge] Router.
CSU/DSU Options:
ESF, B8ZS, Clock source - line.
Channels - 24.
Will need confirmation from the Tech during testing/vendor meet.

Ofcourse, at the PE and my CE, there are QoS involved, which we are not at the point of troubleshooting at this time, if need be.
updates to follow. comments welcome.

1 Like

Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Loggix: 6:36pm On Apr 17, 2013
Okay, after some more testing, the issue was isolated to bad T1 Pair Gains. Yes, sometimes PairGain devices are used to extend the T1 line signal if the length of the cable or distance to the LEC Central Office is too great for a standard T1 circuit. There are more detailed technical details of when and where to use PairGains to maximize a Circuit's utility, especially in Voice applications. Those are beyond the scope of this write-up.

So I am waiting on the Tech to complete the Swap out of the bad PairGains with 2 new boxes. Once that is done, we will start testing again to confirm the issue is resolved. It took them a couple of days to return to the Site, and I am not exactly happy with that, as the users continued to suffer service degradation.

While this is going on,
I have another issue with my ongoing NEXUS Switching Platform project. A little background -
I am about to test a new Network Traffic Analyser for the VoIP Network/Traffic. There are 5 X UCS 210 Servers[With a combined 16+ TB of harddrive space]. These are connected to the 2 X NEXUS 5020 Data Center Switches thru the FEXs 2148s [ Fabric Extenders]In order to capture the VoIP traffic to/from the the UCS VoIP servers, best practice is to connect the UCM [Unified Communication Monitor Appliance AKA Traffic Analyser] monitor Port closest to or in the Server Switch Hosting the Monitored Devices - in this case the UCS Servers [Which by the way are running VoIP applications in Virtualised mode]. This way you create a SPAN port and set the NEXUS ports on, which the UCS is connected as SPAN Source Ports, and set the Switch port that connects the UCM as a SPAN Destination Port.

The issue is that the NEXUS 2148 FEXs [ Fabric Extenders] Ethernet Ports can not be SPAN destination ports, but can be source ports. Arrgggh. So I have to come up with a workaround. use RSPAN - Remote SPAN and place it on a CaT6513 in between the 2 X VSS - 6509 Switches and the 2 X NEXUS 5020 Main Server Switches. I will configure the UCM - Unified Communication Monitor next week and begin the traffic capture. Oh, I have to filter the connection such that I only capture traffic destined to and from the VoIP vlans [10+] Yes, the vlans are so many because my design seeks to segregate the Office Campus building into segments for ease of Operations and troubleshooting. A flat Network [LAN/WAN] is always a bad idea, as far as I am concerned.

Next project -
Configuration and Installation of a new Cisco ASR1002 Router. MPLS/VRF and Secondary Internet connections will be transitioned to this platform from a C7613.
Updates on the T1 issue to follow next. stay tuned.

1 Like

Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by donami(m): 1:28pm On Apr 21, 2013
@loggix
Sure it wouldl be great if u had a blog with diagrams to butress your points. With a style that keeps us well informed and educated. Cos most time we dont get a good picture of all u've said
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Loggix: 8:12pm On Apr 22, 2013
donami: @loggix
Sure it wouldl be great if u had a blog with diagrams to butress your points. With a style that keeps us well informed and educated. Cos most time we dont get a good picture of all u've said
@donami,
Thank you for the suggestion, and my apologies. I will work on including diags on some postings to provide a visual presentation of the items. I would like to include some configs as well, but have been hesitant due to NDA issues. I will post some but with proprietary config parameters redacted, especially with the NEXUS-5k Data Center Switches and their associated Fabric Extenders. I have been advised that these Switches are currently not deployed in large numbers in Nigeria. I enjoy working on them, though sometimes the NX-OS is a pain, when one is more used to standard IOS on the Catalyst6500 platform.

Anyway, I just completed set up on the Anue 5273 appliance and my vendor is working on the initial set up of the CA Tech UCM. So far I am capturing VoIP set up and tear down protocols traffic as well as comm traffic between the UCS servers and the end points - phones. Will Analyze later to see where and how I can optimize performance.

1 Like

Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Loggix: 10:11pm On Jun 03, 2013
Seems the thread got cold again. Okay updates on a few issues.
1. The T1 latency issue got resolved - problem was identified to be LEC wiring issues on the Demarc, as well as the Pair gains.
2. Regarding the suggestions from @donami, I am lookig into the feasibilty of including diags and configs, but the operational nature of my work with clients and my NDAs [Non disclosure Agreemenst] limit how much detail I can divulge in a public or for that matter any forumn. I try to describe the tasks in terms that can be understood by folks in similarly tasked positions who are faced with such issues. It would not be prudent to share my data center's Network Diags nor Device configs, even when heavily redacted.

On the ASR-1002 migration, I am working on this task on Saturday, which is my approved Maintenance window.
I will also reload the SUP-720s Engines on about 5 Cat6513s. I had upgraded the IOS to a newer ver. and set the boot loader to the new IOS - see below.

Cat6513#dir disk0:
Directory of disk0:/

1 -rw- 80891972 Aug 28 2009 10:29:34 -04:00 s72033-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF16.bin
2 -rw- 118711652 May 24 2013 12:47:56 -04:00 s72033-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-33.SXI10.bin

512065536 bytes total (312451072 bytes free)
Cat6513#
The may 24 date is the new IOS.
Cat6513#Sh ver
System image file is "disk0:s72033-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF16.bin" -- old IOS currently running on the SUPs
The CLI below will load the new IOS
Cat6513(config)#boot system disk0:s72033-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-33.SXI10.bin
and we should be good.
Notice I am using a CF cards in Disk0: on the Active and Redundant SuPs and not booting from Bootflash: or Sup-bootflash:

Once reloaded the new IOS will be running the SUP-720s.

On a Side note, I will be visiting soon and would like to touch base with folks in the Cisco world who might be interested in exchange of ideas.

1 Like

Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Loggix: 4:29pm On Jun 04, 2013
New Data Center Project:
Is anyone familiar with Cisco ISE - Cisco Identity Services Engine Technology. I am currently attending a pre-design, Implementation and deployment training on this new Technology, and it appears to be really cool. With ISE you can secure the LAN/WAN from a single point in the Data Center. Guys read up on it and let's share. For those interested in Data Center Technologies, this is a MUST know technology. It is especially necessary in an Enterprise that has implemented or planning to implement a BYOD [Bring Your Own Device] Policy. My client is going in this direction, hence the Pre-deployment training.
According to Cisco -Qoute
"Next-generation policy networking: ISE is the policy control point for Cisco TrustSec®, a next-generation network technology that controls network and application access from end to end, helps turn business policy into network policy, and gives users seamless anywhere service access. Cisco TrustSec makes it easy for customers to migrate to next-generation policy networking, increasing the value of their ISE investment while ending the pain of VLAN, ACL, and firewall rule administration"

It assists you in securing access to a multitude of Services running on multiple platforms, I.E, Voice, Data, Video, WiFi, up to MAC level, using MACsec. I will learn more as the training progreses. The PRO's sound cool, I am digging in to see what the CONs are. Going to be a long week, oh well.

1 Like

Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by rabzy: 5:41pm On Jun 05, 2013
Loggix: New Data Center Project:
Is anyone familiar with Cisco ISE - Cisco Identity Services Engine Technology. I am currently attending a pre-design, Implementation and deployment training on this new Technology, and it appears to be really cool. With ISE you can secure the LAN/WAN from a single point in the Data Center. Guys read up on it and let's share. For those interested in Data Center Technologies, this is a MUST know technology. It is especially necessary in an Enterprise that has implemented or planning to implement a BYOD [Bring Your Own Device] Policy. My client is going in this direction, hence the Pre-deployment training.
According to Cisco -Qoute
"Next-generation policy networking: ISE is the policy control point for Cisco TrustSec®, a next-generation network technology that controls network and application access from end to end, helps turn business policy into network policy, and gives users seamless anywhere service access. Cisco TrustSec makes it easy for customers to migrate to next-generation policy networking, increasing the value of their ISE investment while ending the pain of VLAN, ACL, and firewall rule administration"

It assists you in securing access to a multitude of Services running on multiple platforms, I.E, Voice, Data, Video, WiFi, up to MAC level, using MACsec. I will learn more as the training progreses. The PRO's sound cool, I am digging in to see what the CONs are. Going to be a long week, oh well.

I was actually involved in d design of ISE for a client in my former company before i left, the coolest thing about it for me is that it replaces all the different devices formerly used in doing NAC and consolidates it in one Box, with posturing, updates, policy enforcement etc in a box.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? / New 2011 Free Dstv Software For Phone And Pc (download Now) / Unlock Your USB Modem For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.