Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,516 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu (30050 Views)

RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers / Non-indigenes In Rivers Petition Buhari Over Wike’s Sack Threat / INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by ideykwum: 8:17am On May 11, 2015
Trust me, your delusional! Go get some work! I'm busy!

LAGrejectIBO:

Yorubas are not displaced from their homeland. If you chase them out they have a home to return to with plenty accomodation. The same cant be said of Ibo.

Ibo dont have anywhere to go if they were chased out of Lagos. You are a internally displaced people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by ideykwum: 8:18am On May 11, 2015
And you don't realise that it is politics that is stopping the upgrade of the Onne Port? Give Onne the right facilities and see if Igbos would prefer Lagos ports!

LAGrejectIBO:

Ibos own Rivers dont they? So if you are from Rivers your own case is even worse....you are a domain of Biafra!

Anyway, American Government built a base in Japan, they built a base in Germany.....does this make them owners of the land or are they on a lease on the land?

FG owes LASG lots of money and is in default on some of its land lease fees. When we lock up these facilities for back payment guess who suffers? It will be the new generation economic blockade. If you cant clear your shipment because LASG has locked FG out then wetin nwafor go do?

When LASG locked Uzor Kalu out for dodging tax all his gragra about we own Lagos could not save him. Thats to prove you dont own Lagos. You are leasing. If you default we will impose a severe economic sanctions on you.

Yoruba is your father.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by MrBully: 8:19am On May 11, 2015
Ilekeh:
He's right!

As an immigrant, go to American embassy and burn their flag, you'll find your way to your Naija bush faster than you can say NEPA.

Respect your host and you'll get a host not a host-ILE indigene.
America is a nation, Lagos is a state. Don't pretend not to know the difference just because u hate Igbos

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by ekiloui(f): 8:19am On May 11, 2015
Ilekeh:

You're not hosting yourself.

You're hosting yourself in a safe and friendly environment (Yorubas) with ports and markets built by Yorubas to sustain your business.

You have a port in the East, but you choose to reside in the West. Truth be told, Lagos does not need you, You need Lagos to survive. Wonder why your likes run from the East and only return for "vacation"?

If you indeed believe Lagos was built by Yorubas then you're the most ignorant, illiterate human to ever grace the earth.

Even if you aren't educated atleast you can use the internet, try using Google for a start.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by ONYX5(m): 8:20am On May 11, 2015
kenny987:
This is getting old! Please he should just shove it and give his ego a rest. When did politics become tradition that Igbos will not hear word again? Did any settler in Lagos denigrate the Yoruba traditions? A former police officer kwa! U want make dem dey sweep ground for u b4 u feel respected?
leave that ediot

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by OneNaira6: 8:20am On May 11, 2015
Omokaysmith:

I don't think igbos who av lived almost all their lives in Lagos to the extent that some of them feel at home enough for them to speak yoruba with sound fluency
Tell me any other part of Nigeria where people of a different tribe are made commissioners
Tell me any state in d south east or south south where someone from a different state is free enough to hold elective positions
Please get ur facts right before u talk

Oh please name one state that non-indigienous were refused position or refused to allow to run just because they are not from that state. Name one state in that entire nigerian country where such happened? Just because others haven't tried does not mean it's mean it is something frowned upon. Oh by the way, it was because those two Igbos won an elective position is why your oba have been crying and shouting an agbero.
Finally, incase you were not aware...Enugu state had a fulani as it's governor in the past.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Collynzo45: 8:20am On May 11, 2015
Ishilove:

[s]'Real royal' my ass. The oba should first respect his office before he can get any respect from me. Oba Oyekan was the epitome of royalty, not this loud mouthed, ill spoken ex-policeman who still thinks he is in the police force (which happens to be one of the most corrupt institutions in the country). The baba is just yarning dust and attracting negative attention to the royal house.

FYI, I am not from the east. Nota bene[/s].

Ishi You have no right to insult the great Oba of Lagos

What exactly did he say that led to such an attack from you? You are a mod in this forum and as such , you need to set an example to other forumites but you are just acting like an uncouth teenager

8 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by anwe: 8:24am On May 11, 2015
Why did Oba took side in politics ? did religion had any part to play ?

2 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by UncleJudax(m): 8:25am On May 11, 2015
Ilekeh:
He's right!

As an immigrant, go to American embassy and burn their flag, you'll find your way to your Naija bush faster than you can say NEPA.

I know you will be here, miss Ekiti tongue

I hope you are aware that you are also a non indegene in Lagos?

You can't claim lagosian just because you can speak yoruba. There are millions of non yorubas that speak yoruba, doesn't make them indegenes in lagos state.

So, the Oba was also talking to you . grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by mbulela: 8:27am On May 11, 2015
Not again. Can someone pls make this man stop?
We have more important issues than stoking the fires of ethnicity and tribalsitic jingoism.

4 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by WOCKHARDI(m): 8:28am On May 11, 2015
[/color][quote author=LAGrejectIBO post=33620906]

Indigeneship in Yorubaland is dotted line to our common ancestry and progenitor. If ypu are not Yoruba you are non indigene. We dont respect state boundaries in Oduduwa land. [/qquote][color=#006600]

If Britain had not made Lagos the capital of 'One Nigeria ', all these boastings will not arise. Some people will still be residing in a hut in a remote village . You are carving out Oduduwa land without state boundaries inside Nigeria yet when the opportunity presented itself, most of your people opted for ONE NIGERIA!
We must remain one NIGERIA and all it entails whether you like it or not.

4 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by lolly2pops: 8:28am On May 11, 2015
Nigerians are stupid to hate each other like this and expect the world to embrace them. Haaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

1 Like

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Nobody: 8:33am On May 11, 2015
chuna1985:

Looooooooooooool, Yoruba people are very insecure.

Keep deceiving urself if that makes u feel better

of course we r insecure, we will appreciate it if d igbos doesnt make us feel like that unlike other tribes.

1 Like

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by francizy(m): 8:33am On May 11, 2015
Ilekeh:
He's right!

Bigotic tribalism of the highest order.. Just read your own comment and tell me how meaningless/foolish it sounds..

You a "Nigerian" burning a "US" flag (two different countries in two different continents)

Now the Igbos pledging allegiance to a Yoruba man and voting him instead of another Yoruba man all in Lagos which is a state in "one Nigeria".

Now compare both and tell me if you had really used your brain to produce that bullshiit.

Then talk about the Igbos disrespecting the Yorubas, in what ways please?

After the Civil war,

Has the Igbos ever risen up in arms against the Yoruba people?

Has the Igbos ever forcefully claimed your lands?

Has the Igbos ever killed your farmers?

Has the Igbos ever killed your Oba?

Another set of questions for your bigotic brain to ponder on..

Are the Igbos supposed to go knock on every Yoruba man's door every morning, greet, sweep, wash plate and cloths for them?

Are the Igbos supposed to be paying money to every Yoruba man they see on daily basis?

Are all the Igbos suppose to be poorer than all the Yorubas because they reside in Lagos?

Are the Igbos supposed to think like the Yorubas and vote only who the Yorubas voted for?

Don't the Igbo man have a mind of his own?

Are you pissed because the Igbos dominates most major markets in Nigeria, Lagos inclusive?

16 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by joeshed(m): 8:34am On May 11, 2015
Ishilove:

'Real royal' my ass. The oba should first respect his office before he can get any respect from me. Oba Oyekan was the epitome of royalty, not this loud mouthed, ill spoken ex-policeman who still thinks he is in the police force (which happens to be one of the most corrupt institutions in the country). The baba is just yarning dust and attracting negative attention to the royal house.

FYI, I am not from the east. Nota bene.

an atom of truth... Lolzzz!
Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Nobody: 8:36am On May 11, 2015
I said it before there's no different between south Africa and lagosian. .......imagine claiming to be a host in my formal federal capital. ...don't worry soon all the yoruba that claiming to be a lagosians will be send to their state of origin grin

4 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Kingspin(m): 8:37am On May 11, 2015
This yeye idiot man again. Is he feeding anybody? Goat head!!

1 Like

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by LAGrejectIBO: 8:37am On May 11, 2015
ideykwum:
And you don't realise that it is politics that is stopping the upgrade of the Onne Port? Give Onne the right facilities and see if Igbos would prefer Lagos ports!

Why with your SS/SE coalition are you lazy people waiting for those you call amala eater and cow herder to come and upgrade your ports? Your otuoke god just spent six years on the throne. Did he forget Ibos need the Onne port?

2 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by fejikudz(m): 8:42am On May 11, 2015
This oba should just fvck d shut up.. Lagos is a no man's land
PERIOD

3 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by OneNaira6: 8:46am On May 11, 2015
LAGrejectIBO:

Why with your SS/SE coalition are you lazy people waiting for those you call amala eater and cow herder to come and upgrade your ports? Your otuoke god just spent six years on the throne. Did he forget Ibos need the Onne port?

Could you shut up and pay attention to ideykwum statement. If you are having a hard time understanding what he said then ask him to elaborate.

What he saying is that yoruba did not make Lagos port what it is today, the federal government did using ND oil, the maintenance of it is also coming from the allocations from the FG. which is what none of the other ports in Nigeria experienced. therefore, to elude yourself that you built it, you must vomit out every single penny put in building and maintaining that port cause that's the main reason people actually come to Lagos, nothing more, nothing less.

2 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by stephmike(m): 8:49am On May 11, 2015
HungerBAD:
The Oba has a POINT.
which point is he on/has ,that Nigerians can't live like Nigerians in any part of Nigeria?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Wike Reacts To Amaechi's Award Rejection / One Died, Others Injured In Enugu While Trying To Buy Fuel (Disturbing Photos) / Court Bars Victor Giadom From APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.