Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,226 members, 7,829,384 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu (30002 Views)

RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers / Non-indigenes In Rivers Petition Buhari Over Wike’s Sack Threat / INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by nsyforreal: 7:08am On May 11, 2015
HungerBAD:

Ishi.

In Yoruba Land and just like the North, ROYALTY CANNOT BE BOUGHT.

It is only in the EAST where ISHI is from that every PIG,COW and OWL can be an IGWE.

This OBA is not shoving it anywhere, as you should be very respectful to a REAL ROYAL.

we hear u but he should just shut up.is he the only traditional ruler in Nigeria unlike in the north and east where theur traditional rulers are not talking.

This oba own too much.talkative.he should face his job as an oba.

1 Like

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by royalcatier: 7:08am On May 11, 2015
As long as you understand was I meant, the rest is your problem!

Kcinho:

throne not thrown....thank me later
Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by realy2: 7:13am On May 11, 2015
I'm not igbo but a true Nigeria. It should be drummed into this LOW LIFE GUMSHIT ex police area thug of an oba that lagos is part of NNigeria and is clearly a no man's land. The federal capitals funds was used to make it's name relevant went it was tthe then capital.

9 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by zendy: 7:14am On May 11, 2015
I dont blame this clueless Oba Akiolu, I don't think he knows that we Igbos don't 'dobale' for anybody. Ambode has not yet been sworn in and somebody is already talking doing 8 years.

7 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by luvinhubby(m): 7:14am On May 11, 2015
Ishilove:

'Real royal' my ass. The oba should first respect his office before he can get any respect from me. Oba Oyekan was the epitome of royalty, not this loud mouthed, ill spoken ex-policeman who still thinks he is in the police force (which happens to be one of the most corrupt institutions in the country). The baba is just yarning dust and attracting negative attention to the royal house.

FYI, I am not from the east. Nota bene.
Thank you. Late Oba Oyekan was an epitome of royalty, fatherhood & dignity as Lagos oba, Rilwan Akiolu is a disgrace to Yoruba Obahood.

6 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:15am On May 11, 2015
niceeric:

so u mean a Yoruba guy like me can become an Igwe in say,Anambra?

keep deceiving yourself...

Becoming an Igwe or an Oba is a traditional role which has a lineage. Mind you, not all Lagosians can become Oba in Lagos either.

But as a Nigerian, you can't come to Anambra and I say I'm your host when you take care of your living expenses yourself.

10 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by luckize: 7:18am On May 11, 2015

1 Like

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Abbey2sam(m): 7:21am On May 11, 2015
Ishilove:

'Real royal' my ass. The oba should first respect his office before he can get any respect from me. Oba Oyekan was the epitome of royalty, not this loud mouthed, ill spoken ex-policeman who still thinks he is in the police force (which happens to be one of the most corrupt institutions in the country). The baba is just yarning dust and attracting negative attention to the royal house.

why are you disrespecting our king........................are you nut?

3 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by LAGrejectIBO: 7:22am On May 11, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Becoming an Igwe or an Oba is a traditional role which has a lineage. Mind you, not all Lagosians can become Oba in Lagos either.

But as a Nigerian, you can't come to Anambra and I say I'm your host when you take care of your living expenses yourself.

Oba is being kind when he calls Ibos guests in Lagos. Other non indigenes are guests, Ibo is not.

Ibo is in Lagos due to displacement from their homeland. Ibo is an internal refugee in Lagos. A citizen of Nigeria but a refugee in Lagos. So Oba was kind not calling Ibo what it is.

9 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by WOCKHARDI(m): 7:22am On May 11, 2015
Please who are the non indegenes in Lagos? Is it only the Igbos?
IS SOMEONE FROM OSHOGBO AN INDEGENE OF LAGOS?
Why target one nation/tribe? What of the Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri, Efik, Ijaw and other tribes residing in Lagos?
In any case , Respect is reciprocal and must be earned. It's not by force.
The Obi of Onitsha visited, according to the Oba. Has he reciprocated?
I don't like a people with over blotted ego.

8 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by ideykwum: 7:23am On May 11, 2015
My brothers Lol! You're actually quite dense! The Apapa Port was a designated Nigerian government port, and revenues from it are allocated to the federal purse!! That tells you a bit about its ownership! Enough said!

Just to up your IQ a little, not all who won't support injustice is Ibo; I'm from Rivers State!

LAGrejectIBO:

Its unfortunate you are naive and uneducated about Federal Government holdings in Lagos but yet your footing is peddled on Lagos being a Federal Capital.

Your brothers in ASPAMDA were in same position you are in now some months ago believing FG owned trade fair and threatening to sue LASG. But they instantly started pleading for forgiveness after it was revealed FG was not owner or operator of tradefair.

You are loosers! Lagoon things....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Burger01(m): 7:23am On May 11, 2015
Ishilove:
This man should shove it up his heinie. He is a disgrace to the royal stool angry
Easy ma, take it eaaasysmiley
Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Burger01(m): 7:26am On May 11, 2015
Ishilove:

Bravo!

3 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by niceeric(m): 7:27am On May 11, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

hmm,well written.....I only wonder why your clan impose Eze titles on themselves in Lagos....

anyways,how about I put it this way-Answer with your church mind anywau....can i,a yoruba guy,become an ordinary councillor in a local government in Anambra state?

2 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by nwafuluozoh: 7:27am On May 11, 2015
Oga Agbero of Lagos has spoken. A typical Yoruba person is indoctrinated against finesse from childhood.

2 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Nobody: 7:30am On May 11, 2015
Omadachi:
Agbaji stood a chance to win the election until this man came up with his threat and the battle line became between yoruba Vs Igbo.Ofcourse the yoruba have it.

Correct, God bless you.
Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Nobody: 7:30am On May 11, 2015
Which port did yorubas build? Igbos built ladipo mrket, alaba intl mkt, trade fair complex,Otigba computer village, the one am not sure was built by Igbo are Idumota and balogun mkt on the island
Ilekeh:

You're not hosting yourself.

You're hosting yourself in a safe and friendly environment (Yorubas) with ports and markets built by Yorubas to sustain your business.

You have a port in the East, but you choose to reside in the West. Truth be told, Lagos does not need you, You need Lagos to survive. Wonder why your likes run from the East and only return for "vacation"?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Chynx(m): 7:31am On May 11, 2015
This disgrace of an oba should shut the heck up!

He has fooled himself enough!

Dirty old coward!

4 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by LAGrejectIBO: 7:31am On May 11, 2015
ideykwum:
Yoruba people are occupying choice locations, and even government positions in Port Harcourt! We haven't chased them away! We haven't reminded them that we are hosts nor have we sought to limit their freedom in any way!! You should be ashamed of yourself, tribal jingoists!!

The first to call the other a fool, is often the person whose clueless vituperation has earned the title of "Fool"! Go get educated!

Yorubas are not displaced from their homeland. If you chase them out they have a home to return to with plenty accomodation. The same cant be said of Ibo.

Ibo dont have anywhere to go if they were chased out of Lagos. You are a internally displaced people.

4 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Nobody: 7:33am On May 11, 2015
"There is no doubt at all that there is a strand in contemporary Igbo behaviour that can offend; by its noisy exhibitionism and disregard for humility and quietness"

.............Chinua Achebe.

3 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Chynx(m): 7:34am On May 11, 2015
Abbey2sam:

why are you disrespecting our king........................are you nut?

If this is what your king is, then I wonder what you are.

He is suffering from acute stupidity!

1 Like

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Chynx(m): 7:37am On May 11, 2015
realy2:
I'm not igbo but a true Nigeria. It should be drummed into this LOW LIFE GUMSHIT ex police area thug of an oba that lagos is part of NNigeria and is clearly a no man's land. The federal capitals funds was used to make it's name relevant went it was tthe then capital.

He should stop making noise and do his worst. Let's see where bears the brunt.

Dirty old dumb dummy of a king.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu Supporters Reject ‘plot’ For Consensus / I Will Not Exit Government As A Failure - Buhari / Photos Of Rehabilitated Roads In Aba And Other Ongoing Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.