Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,519 members, 7,819,867 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu (29963 Views)

RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers / Non-indigenes In Rivers Petition Buhari Over Wike’s Sack Threat / INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by tolexy007(m): 6:30am On May 11, 2015
ok....

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:30am On May 11, 2015
Ilekeh:
He's right!

As an immigrant, go to American embassy and burn their flag, you'll find your way to your Naija bush faster than you can say NEPA.

Respect your host and you'll get a host not a host-ILE indigene.

No Nigerian is host to another Nigerian in Nigeria.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by timilehing(m): 6:30am On May 11, 2015
Igbos are always wanting more than they can give. Gullible people. They remains the only tribe in Nigeria that will be fighting their host for position everywhere they go

6 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Ilekeh(f): 6:31am On May 11, 2015
Anyway, done with this over cooked conversation.

Yorubas keep leading, others follow wink

7 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by ideykwum: 6:31am On May 11, 2015
The zany oba means that non-indigenes must follow his command, and should not express their independence because he is the ruler of the land, and the alpha-omega!!

Even a pedestrian thinker in this day and age should know better, but not such a character! And the sad part is that his infamy is being supported by those that should know better because of tribal and political considerations!

Rose2014:
What do they really mean by respecting this host? Is it that non indegenes shouldn't vote their preferred candidate again except for who Akiolu wants them to?. I don't understand the respect they mean here.

Somebody pls explain.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Nobody: 6:32am On May 11, 2015
Let me modify to:

Non-indigenes everywhere must respect their hosts. Simple

2 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:32am On May 11, 2015
praxisnetworks:
show your face not crotch.....thank you...BTW WHY TAKE PICTURES ON A REFUSE DUMP? undecided undecided undecided
undecided

See finishing haa...finishing to badt...hungerbad you are mouthed grin grin

Primary school pupils have invaded Nairaland.

12 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by funkybully(f): 6:32am On May 11, 2015
Nkita lachakwaa anu mpama si na afa ya bu oba anya.

U host nobody in lagos except lagos culture. Fool. Big Fool

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by ideykwum: 6:32am On May 11, 2015
You are a low life! Get a life and free the lady!!

HungerBAD:

Inshi or Ishi in the East means BUSHMEAT. Yes you are from the East and you are also a BUSHMEAT, which normal person bears the name of a Bushmeat?

15 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by antisocial: 6:33am On May 11, 2015
sanky346:
The Oba of Lagos, Riliwanu Akiolu, says there is a need for non-indigenes in Lagos State to respect the tradition and culture of their host.

The monarch said this during an exclusive interview with our correspondent.

While responding to a question on the threat he issued out to Igbo residents in Lagos State if they did not vote for Akinwunmi Ambode of the All Progressives Congress, Akiolu maintained that he had no ill feeling towards Igbo in the state as some of his closest friends were Igbo.

He said, “Eze Odimegwu, who is a former CEO of Nigerian Breweries, is still my best friend as well as many others. The Obi of Onitsha came to visit me here a few days ago. When you go to a place, you have to respect the host leaders, particularly the traditional leaders there because you are coming to benefit from their success.

“The people of Lagos are the friendliest and most accommodating people in Nigeria.”

He said the video which showed him issuing threats to Igbo leaders was a misrepresentation of what truly transpired.

He said the issue was twisted by those who wanted to gain political advantage ahead of the governorship election but God put them to shame.

“Those who orchestrated the entire incident know themselves and I tell you, those (Igbo leaders) who came here on that day understand me a lot and have even been coming since then,” he said.

Akiolu said many of the non-indigenes were deceived by politicians in their quest for power.

He said, “The man that promised to hand them deputy governorship slot and four commissioner positions and would elevate the status of Eze Ndigbo to that of Oba of Lagos has since denied it.

“It was all a political gimmick because I am sure they know that he was only deceiving them. As a matter of fact, prominent traditional rulers in the South-East have been writing us to say that they are not happy about the large number of ezes in Lagos.”

He urged all Igbo who won elections in Lagos State not to disappoint the people.

The monarch said he was confident that Ambode would do well in office.

He said Ambode would serve as governor for eight years not just because it was the will of God but because he would perform excellently well. He, however, said Agbaje was free to contest again in 2019 if he wanted.

He said, “By the Grace of Almighty Allah and my ancestors in this house, the Governor-elect, Ambode, will rule for eight years with a good performance.”

He said he had nothing against the Peoples Democratic Party or its governorship candidate, Mr. Jimi Agbaje, but noted that all humans are equal in the eyes of God but are not equal in the love of God.

He said Ambode proved his competence by saving the state from financial hardship when it was deprived of funds from the Federal Government.

Akiolu said he was not a politician but was only interested in the prosperity of Lagos and would continue to support the best.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/politics/non-indigenes-in-lagos-must-respect-their-hosts-akiolu/
this foolish Oba should shut up joor,So,he can still open his dirty mouth to speak.Well,he can only try that to the Igbos,he dare not do it to my people.USELESS MAN

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Nobody: 6:38am On May 11, 2015
@ Oba one chance, ur not our host, u don't own Lagos state.
keep insulting urself n exposing ur S.tupidity publicly.

16 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by africanusvu(m): 6:40am On May 11, 2015
Who is still bringging upthis issue again,Always trying to high ethnic tention bw igbos and yorubas,
Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Nobody: 6:41am On May 11, 2015
Ilekeh:
Anyway, done with this over cooked conversation.

Yorubas keep leading, others follow wink

Looooooooooooool, Yoruba people are very insecure.

Keep deceiving urself if that makes u feel better

14 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by ideykwum: 6:41am On May 11, 2015
Your position is part of the core of the argument! Who is a "host"? What do you have to do to qualify as a "host"? The dictionary definition is: " a person who receives or entertains other people as guests.
"a dinner-party host"
synonyms: party-giver · entertainer"; The next question is, who is a guest?: "a person who is invited to visit someone's home or attend a particular social occasion:
"I have two guests coming to dinner tonight"
synonyms: visitor · caller · company · "

After reviewing both definitions, I can't understand how Yorubas received others in Lagos nor invited them!! The oba is an ex-criminal disguised as royalty! A sad commentary on Lagosians!!

owobokiri:

Learn; you are NOT my "host", unless by host you mean a host parasite! I am in Lagos-Nigeria, HOSTING myself! You get it now? Rant till you run out of saliva, I will NEVER see you as a "host". I follow the constitution and so not beholden to the atarvistic demands of some retrogressively corrupt tribal stools.. . Again; you are NOT and will NEVER be my host in a former federal capital territory biult from scratch to finish with NIGERIAN resources and as long as Nigeria subsists, I will contineu to look at Nigerias Lagos from this perspective. . Comprehendé?

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by ideykwum: 6:42am On May 11, 2015
A conceited fat sausage!! Area Oba!

jomonic:

Honestly there is nothing deep there. I rather see extreme conceit, shallow mindedness and vein glory. Someone who understands very little or nothing about who GOD is. Everyone without exception is treated equally in the JUSTICE and LOVE of GOD. It is like this. Does the oba get more rain on his roof top and others less when rain falls? Does the ocean tide stop for the oba simply because he is passing the 3rd mainland bridge? These are constant movements of nature which many don't understand. The JUSTICE and LOVE of GOD are the same, grinds on continuously and dispensing to each man what he deserves. It knows neither position, nor tribe, nor discipline but dispenses to each man according to the mans own activity. Partiality in the dispensation of the JUSTICE and LOVE of GOD is impossible. I am sure that you have heard of the statement ``GOD IS PERFECT``. The oba will not say any of these if he has even the vaguest understanding of who the MOST HIGH GOD is. I say no more.

7 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by LAGrejectIBO: 6:44am On May 11, 2015
ideykwum:
The zany oba means that non-indigenes must follow his command, and should not express their independence because he is the ruler of the land, and the alpha-omega!!

Even a pedestrian thinker in this day and age should know better, but not such a character! And the sad part is that his infamy is being supported by those that should know better because of tribal and political considerations!

You must go where Oba of Lagos say go. You have a choice to either relocate to Kano or South Africa if the Lagoon treatment is too much for you to bear you know.

4 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Omadachi(m): 6:45am On May 11, 2015
Agbaji stood a chance to win the election until this man came up with his threat and the battle line became between yoruba Vs Igbo.Ofcourse the yoruba have it.

3 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by ikkkkk: 6:45am On May 11, 2015
owobokiri:

Learn; you are NOT my "host", unless by host you mean a host parasite! I am in Lagos-Nigeria, HOSTING myself! You get it now? Rant till you run out of saliva, I will NEVER see you as a "host". I follow the constitution and so not beholden to the atarvistic demands of some retrogressively corrupt tribal stools.. . Again; you are NOT and will NEVER be my host in a former federal capital territory biult from scratch to finish with NIGERIAN resources and as long as Nigeria subsists, I will contineu to look at Nigerias Lagos from this perspective. . Comprehendé?

A million likes.

11 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by ideykwum: 6:46am On May 11, 2015
My friend, not all of us live in Lagos nor desire to!!

LAGrejectIBO:

You must go where Oba of Lagos say go. You have a choice to either relocate to Kano or South Africa if the Lagoon treatment is too much for you to bear you know.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Nobody: 6:46am On May 11, 2015
Ilekeh:

Has Tinubu been arrested? Has he been convicted? Wasn't it an Igbo king that has arrested and convicted in Australia and Accra, Ghana?

Or do you think your Igbo village jury matters?

Does Lagos have a flag?

18 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by nationwide1(m): 6:47am On May 11, 2015
Oba Akiolu spoke well. But do culture and traditions of the host community include being forced to vote for candidate?

God bless His Royal Majesty.
God bless Lagos State.
God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by centjamie(m): 6:47am On May 11, 2015
Ishilove:

Is my face the crux of matter? Is my face the thesis of this thread?

Your body is wonderfully okay even without the face.dnt mind them

1 Like

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Omokaysmith: 6:47am On May 11, 2015
OneNaira6:
Why is that worthless tout turned leader dragging obi of onitsha to his level? Does he think the obi is a worthless man like himself? Does he think obi would degrade himself by associating with a tout like him? so you expect us to believe that man will leave his chair to come see an agbero tout called oba and noone dared Capture such moment.

I hate cowards that can't stand by their worthless self. Oba Akiolu is a tribalistic, hate filled, devilish monkey and he should be proud of it and stand by it rather than running his drunken mouth calling several igbos officials that most likely want nothing to with him as his "friends".

Illiterate buf00n.

You know what I find the most despicable about yoruba is that Every southern region have accommodated non indigenous on their lands including their people yet only yoruba won't let others rest will their usual loud mouthing of "accommodating". Even their people were welcomed, gave a free land, and even allowed to get involved in anything concerning aniocha, an igbo territory. Yet till date, not one single igbo community is out to shout it down yoruba throat. I swear yoruba people are the least accommodating people in that southern Nigeria.

I don't think igbos who av lived almost all their lives in Lagos to the extent that some of them feel at home enough for them to speak yoruba with sound fluency
Tell me any other part of Nigeria where people of a different tribe are made commissioners
Tell me any state in d south east or south south where someone from a different state is free enough to hold elective positions
Please get ur facts right before u talk

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Naphtali Kefas Is Dead! Taraba Commissioner Dies After Brief Illness / Rufai To Keyamo: Since The Appointment Is Illegal, Return The Salaries / Drivers Driving On One-Way Arrested By Ambode's Convoy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.