Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,237 members, 7,829,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu (30004 Views)

RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers / Non-indigenes In Rivers Petition Buhari Over Wike’s Sack Threat / INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Baroba(m): 8:49am On May 11, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

There is no Eze or Obi of Lagos. You only have Eze Ndigbo in Lagos, just like you have Seriki Hausawa (King of the Hausas) in Lagos and other places.

Yes, a Yoruba man can become a councillor in Anambra if he contests in an area where the Yorubas have more numeric strength over others. For this to happen, first, Yoruba people will first have to migrate to Anambra and reside there in large numbers, large enough to make a political statement as democracy us a game of numbers. If the Yorubas refuse to live in large numbers outside of their enclaves, do you expect me to import them and force them to contest and win elections there?

Note that the Igbo candidates that won elections in Lagos state did so in areas where Igbos have numerical dominance. They didn't win in Isale Eko.

Also, you may want to know that the first elected Mayor of Enugu in the 50s was a Fulani man.

Thank you my man, excellent points. Just to help out these dummies in our mist;

According to Richard Sklar, an American political scientist who authored the the book “Nigerian Political Parties”, Mallam Umaru Altine who hailed from the old Sokoto Province of the defunct region of Northern Nigeria and who served as President of the Enugu Branch of the National Council of Nigeria and the Cameroons(NCNC) was elected the first Mayor of Enugu in 1956.

2 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Nobody: 8:51am On May 11, 2015
Chidozieude:

Dunukwe, you have started ur madness again. What have you achieved in Lagos since you are family ran from poverty in Oraukwu Anambra to Yorubaland?
did you read the thread at all. .....you are here fighting for yoruba land why your host in lagos was preparing to send you to Ogun state where you belong ......

very soon lagos state will open up well. ...now they just described it as a non indigenous. ....

very soon they will tell all yoruba to go back to their states and u are here raising your tribal fight. .....wake up

3 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Nobody: 8:52am On May 11, 2015
WOCKHARDI:
Please who are the non indegenes in Lagos? Is it only the Igbos?
IS SOMEONE FROM OSHOGBO AN INDEGENE OF LAGOS?
Why target one nation/tribe? What of the Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri, Efik, Ijaw and other tribes residing in Lagos?
In any case , Respect is reciprocal and must be earned. It's not by force.
The Obi of Onitsha visited, according to the Oba. Has he reciprocated?
I don't like a people with over blotted ego.

dats a gud point frm u sir but Check this thread u will see there is a particular deviant tribe that doesn't respect the royalhood always acting up against the yorubas on dis matter. u'll not see an oshogbo man act like that.

2 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Nobody: 8:52am On May 11, 2015
Ishilove:

'Real royal' my ass. The oba should first respect his office before he can get any respect from me. Oba Oyekan was the epitome of royalty, not this loud mouthed, ill spoken ex-policeman who still thinks he is in the police force (which happens to be one of the most corrupt institutions in the country). The baba is just yarning dust and attracting negative attention to the royal house.

FYI, I am not from the east. Nota bene.
i love this oba, even after all abusive words towards him, he still maintains the fact that, non - indegenes must respect their host, this oba therefore is protecting the interest of his people.......... Ishilove, Real Royal ur ass? ur displaying a character I dint expect from you, u might taste royalty one day u know....

1 Like

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by cao(f): 8:55am On May 11, 2015
Why do mere mortals claim they know God's will and/or how God loves? All these folks calling the wrong number (see the Bollywood film PK for that reference). The Oba should have used his perceived wisdom to get his point across or he should have adopted silence, which would have made him look more refined. Maybe I've become too accustomed with Queen Elizabeth II's perceived refinement, she stands there quietly observing, passing a few comments & the occasional smile, while her husband sometimes (maybe more than that) does his best Foolip antics.

Sidebar: And why is it when folks run out of steam, they revert to name calling & ugly bashing? How does the commenters' looks affect the validity of their point? Doesn't that make you look more like a class A fool?

1 Like

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by sucess001(m): 8:57am On May 11, 2015
HungerBAD:

Ishi.

In Yoruba Land and just like the North, ROYALTY CANNOT BE BOUGHT.

It is only in the EAST where ISHI is from that every PIG,COW and OWL can be an IGWE.

This OBA is not shoving it anywhere, as you should be very respectful to a REAL ROYAL.

on the contrary, the guy shd keep quiet.

He has spoken far too much for a royal father...and the guy isnt even the oba of the whole of Lagos state....he is only oba of Lagos...i.e lagos island..

The other day Tinubu and Ambode distanced themselves from his comments...

He talks too recklessly...especially on sensitive issues. Even SLS doesnt talk anyhow like he is doing? is he trying to be a politician ni?

and i am a Yoruba man...i have seen kings behave...this guy is just misbehaving.

8 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Nobody: 9:00am On May 11, 2015
WOCKHARDI:
Please who are the non indegenes in Lagos? Is it only the Igbos?
IS SOMEONE FROM OSHOGBO AN INDEGENE OF LAGOS?
Why target one nation/tribe? What of the Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri, Efik, Ijaw and other tribes residing in Lagos?
In any case , Respect is reciprocal and must be earned. It's not by force.
The Obi of Onitsha visited, according to the Oba. Has he reciprocated?
I don't like a people with over blotted ego.

dats a gud point frm u sir but Check this thread u will see there is a particular deviant tribe that doesn't respect the royalhood always acting up against the yorubas on dis matter. u'll not see an oshogbo man act like that. it makes matter worst. Lagos is a yorubas land. they want it or not they are Host. even in america they call some people the native America while blacks r african American and others. likewise is applicable to Nigeria also.
Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by lyntiffany(f): 9:01am On May 11, 2015
francizy:

Bigotic tribalism of the highest order.. Just read your own comment and tell me how meaningless/foolish it sounds..

You a "Nigerian" burning a "US" flag (two different countries in two different continents)

Now the Igbos pledging allegiance to a Yoruba man and voting him instead of another Yoruba man all in Lagos which is a state in "one Nigeria".

Now compare both and tell me if you had really used your brain to produce that bullshiit.

Then talk about the Igbos disrespecting the Yorubas, in what ways please?

After the Civil war,

Has the Igbos ever risen up in arms against the Yoruba people?

Has the Igbos ever forcefully claimed your lands?

Has the Igbos ever killed your farmers?

Has the Igbos ever killed your Oba?

Another set of questions for your bigotic brain to ponder on..

Are the Igbos supposed to go knock on every Yoruba man's door every morning, greet, sweep, wash plate and cloths for them?

Are the Igbos supposed to be paying money to every Yoruba man they see on daily basis?

Are all the Igbos suppose to be poorer than all the Yorubas because they reside in Lagos?

Are the Igbos supposed to think like the Yorubas and vote only who the Yorubas voted for?

Don't the Igbo man have a mind of his own?

Are you pissed because the Igbos dominates most major markets in Nigeria, Lagos inclusive?
I knew you would land here cheesy
I have recently decided not to engage myself in tribal tantrums in N/L but the way the Yoruba's are going about the Igbos really makes me puke.
I reside in Uyo and a good number of them are there but you hardly see akwaibomites threatening their very existence even though they are so lousy for their liking.
Come to Enugu, you see a number of them too infact in my street in housing estate, at the extreme where they have a close we have Yoruba community there and nobody has raised an eyebrow towards them.
one wonder where this host of a thing is coming from as if others are parasites to them, whereas they are the known parasites cos they can't seem to remove their eyes from the oil companies in Akwaibom state.

9 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by cheruv: 9:02am On May 11, 2015
Rose2014:

Na today? Hypocrisy smelling like fish grin
As soon as eyes are on them, they start professing love for Igbos like no man business. U start to hear things like:

My best man is Igbo
My senior colleague is Igbo
My wife's mother's sister's first son is Igbo

Feel free to add yours

God is watching Nigeria in 3D cool

people like havennie would say my boyfriend is Igbo.
the other would say my best friend is Igbo ™
among all Ofei' behaviors, the highlighted annoys me the most!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by karkel(m): 9:05am On May 11, 2015
HungerBAD:

Ishi.

In Yoruba Land and just like the North, ROYALTY CANNOT BE BOUGHT.

It is only in the EAST where ISHI is from that every PIG,COW and OWL can be an IGWE.

This OBA is not shoving it anywhere, as you should be very respectful to a REAL ROYAL.
Royalty is not to be politized,when born in this monastery tree you are directly to the bear the crown,automatically u become one,but to ma brothers in the waist is all about gre gre,everything are been politikling
Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Nobody: 9:05am On May 11, 2015
Collynzo45:

Ishi You have no right to insult the great Oba of Lagos

What exactly did he say that led to such an attack from you? You are a mod in this forum and as such , you need to set an example to other forumites but you are just acting like an uncouth teenager
uncouth teenager u say, I hated the obas first comment about lagoon buh boasting of these igbos on nl made me have a re-think,....... Am so much disappointed in ishilove,..... Maybe u should taste royalty for a second apart from being a mod!!!!! Or even lead ur tribe for a micro_second
Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by VirginFinder: 9:05am On May 11, 2015
We need more of people like this Oba in Lagos and other parts of Yorubaland.
Oba Rilwanu Akiolu! Owner of Lagos!! Terror of the ibos in Lagos!!! Live forever!!!!

1 Like

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by francizy(m): 9:06am On May 11, 2015
anwe:

Why did Oba took side in politics ? did religion had any part to play ?

God bless you for this post.. Anyway...

Na only God know their intention oh..

1 Like

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by okiezman(m): 9:09am On May 11, 2015
Ilekeh:
He's right!

As an immigrant, go to American embassy and burn their flag, you'll find your way to your Naija bush faster than you can say NEPA.

Respect your host and you'll get a host not a host-ILE indigene.

This a different country you mentioned... nigeria is for all so far your a nigerian
Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Nobody: 9:09am On May 11, 2015
Chukwugekwu:
I said it before there's no different between south Africa and lagosian. .......imagine claiming to be a host in my formal federal capital. ...don't worry soon all the yoruba that claiming to be a lagosians will be send to their state of origin grin
lagosian nd south Africa, what a great comparism, if ur eze made the comment I wonder what would have happened........ LAGOON AND ATLANTIC OCEAN SHOULD B A GOOD comparism..
Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Malawian(m): 9:09am On May 11, 2015
sanky346:
The Oba of Lagos, Riliwanu Akiolu, says there is a need for non-indigenes in Lagos State to respect the tradition and culture of their host.

The monarch said this during an exclusive interview with our correspondent.

While responding to a question on the threat he issued out to Igbo residents in Lagos State if they did not vote for Akinwunmi Ambode of the All Progressives Congress, Akiolu maintained that he had no ill feeling towards Igbo in the state as some of his closest friends were Igbo.

He said, “Eze Odimegwu, who is a former CEO of Nigerian Breweries, is still my best friend as well as many others. The Obi of Onitsha came to visit me here a few days ago. When you go to a place, you have to respect the host leaders, particularly the traditional leaders there because you are coming to benefit from their success.

“The people of Lagos are the friendliest and most accommodating people in Nigeria.”

He said the video which showed him issuing threats to Igbo leaders was a misrepresentation of what truly transpired.

He said the issue was twisted by those who wanted to gain political advantage ahead of the governorship election but God put them to shame.

“Those who orchestrated the entire incident know themselves and I tell you, those (Igbo leaders) who came here on that day understand me a lot and have even been coming since then,” he said.

Akiolu said many of the non-indigenes were deceived by politicians in their quest for power.

He said, “The man that promised to hand them deputy governorship slot and four commissioner positions and would elevate the status of Eze Ndigbo to that of Oba of Lagos has since denied it.

“It was all a political gimmick because I am sure they know that he was only deceiving them. As a matter of fact, prominent traditional rulers in the South-East have been writing us to say that they are not happy about the large number of ezes in Lagos.”

He urged all Igbo who won elections in Lagos State not to disappoint the people.

The monarch said he was confident that Ambode would do well in office.

He said Ambode would serve as governor for eight years not just because it was the will of God but because he would perform excellently well. He, however, said Agbaje was free to contest again in 2019 if he wanted.

He said, “By the Grace of Almighty Allah and my ancestors in this house, the Governor-elect, Ambode, will rule for eight years with a good performance.”

He said he had nothing against the Peoples Democratic Party or its governorship candidate, Mr. Jimi Agbaje, but noted that all humans are equal in the eyes of God but are not equal in the love of God.

He said Ambode proved his competence by saving the state from financial hardship when it was deprived of funds from the Federal Government.

Akiolu said he was not a politician but was only interested in the prosperity of Lagos and would continue to support the best.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/politics/non-indigenes-in-lagos-must-respect-their-hosts-akiolu/
i have a feeling that this oba of lagoon used to be a Nairalander.

4 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Leez(m): 9:10am On May 11, 2015
Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Nobody: 9:10am On May 11, 2015
LAGrejectIBO:

Why with your SS/SE coalition are you lazy people waiting for those you call amala eater and cow herder to come and upgrade your ports? Your otuoke god just spent six years on the throne. Did he forget Ibos need the Onne port?
lol ur a smart ass.... What a point.....

2 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Nobody: 9:10am On May 11, 2015
Minus the federal capital in lagos state ....I'm just beginning to wonder how that state would be......?

This man called oba is a disgrace to all yoruba

imagine an elderly state man saying we are coming to they success state. ...as if lagos state is another country entirely sad

1 Like

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by basilo101: 9:11am On May 11, 2015
Ilekeh:

You're not hosting yourself.

You're hosting yourself in a safe and friendly environment (Yorubas) with ports and markets built by Yorubas to sustain your business.

You have a port in the East, but you choose to reside in the West. Truth be told, Lagos does not need you, You need Lagos to survive. Wonder why your likes run from the East and only return for "vacation"?
ports and markets built by yorubas? Lmfao

3 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Nobody: 9:12am On May 11, 2015
Ilekeh:

You're not hosting yourself.

You're hosting yourself in a safe and friendly environment (Yorubas) with ports and markets built by Yorubas to sustain your business.

You have a port in the East, but you choose to reside in the West. Truth be told, Lagos does not need you, You need Lagos to survive. Wonder why your likes run from the East and only return for "vacation"?
ports built by Yorubas...hahaha...are u from Lagos? Go to ur Ekiti.

2 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by francizy(m): 9:12am On May 11, 2015
lyntiffany:
I knew you would land here cheesy
I have recently decided not to engage myself in tribal tantrums in N/L but the way the Yoruba's are going about the Igbos really makes me puke.
I reside in Uyo and a good number of them are there but you hardly see akwaibomites threatening their very existence even though they are so lousy for their liking.
Come to Enugu, you see a number of them too infact in my street in housing estate, at the extreme where they have a close we have Yoruba community there and nobody has raised an eyebrow towards them.
one wonder where this host of a thing is coming from as if others are parasites to them, whereas they are the known parasites cos they can't seem to remove their eyes from the oil companies in Akwaibom state.

Just like you, I hate tribal bigotry but sometimes, one can't stop self from talking sense into some of these NL kids with empty skulls.. Children who are supposed to be more exposed, composed, learned, reasonable, tactful, peace living than our ancestors are now worse than our ancestors. A day may come when the hate people are breeding on here and other social networks will explode like a nuclear bomb. By then regrets will be inevitable...

1 Like

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Nobody: 9:13am On May 11, 2015
OneNaira6:

Could you shut up and pay attention to ideykwum statement. If you are having a hard time understanding what he said then ask him to elaborate.

What he saying is that yoruba did not make Lagos port what it is today, the federal government did using ND oil, the maintenance of it is also coming from the allocations from the FG. which is what none of the other ports in Nigeria experienced. therefore, to elude yourself that you built it, you must vomit out every single penny put in building and maintaining that port cause that's the main reason people actually come to Lagos, nothing more, nothing less.
ND oil.... Hmmm buh gej had access to the naija delta oil revenue in quote...

2 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Danni2: 9:14am On May 11, 2015
This Oba needs to be REMINDED that NIGERIA is our fatherland regardless of where we CHOSE TO LIVE. If he continues to call NIGERIANS non-indigenes in NIGERIA, one day little children in nursery school will insult him. Someone should go to his so-called palace and tell him he has been dancing naked in the market square for some time now. The Oba should learn from other traditional rulers who remain non-partisan cos of their traditional office as royal fathers of all. He is fast losing it.

3 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Scatterboss(m): 9:14am On May 11, 2015
[s]
Ishilove:
This man should shove it up his heinie. He is a disgrace to the royal stool angry
[/s]

Trash. Read the whole article again before insulting the King, he said the truth and its his opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Obiodunukwe: 9:16am On May 11, 2015
francizy:

[s]Just like you, I hate tribal bigotry but sometimes, one can't stop self from talking sense into some of these NL kids with empty skulls.. Children who are supposed to be more exposed, composed, learned, reasonable, tactful, peace living than our ancestors are now worse than our ancestors. A day may come when the hate people are breeding on here and other social networks will explode like a nuclear bomb. By then regrets will be inevitable..[/s].

Shut your mouth!

How is life in Oraukwu in Anambra State? Are people suffering there? Why are they trooping to Yoruba land?

3 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by lyntiffany(f): 9:16am On May 11, 2015
francizy:

Just like you, I hate tribal bigotry but sometimes, one can't stop self from talking sense into some of these NL kids with empty skulls.. Children who are supposed to be more exposed, composed, learned, reasonable, tactful, peace living than our ancestors are now worse than our ancestors. A day may come when the hate people are breeding on here and other social networks will explode like a nuclear bomb. By then regrets will be inevitable...
just pray it all ends here and not to exceed outta this place.

1 Like

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Obiodunukwe: 9:17am On May 11, 2015
Ishilove:

[s]'Real royal' my ass. The oba should first respect his office before he can get any respect from me. Oba Oyekan was the epitome of royalty, not this loud mouthed, ill spoken ex-policeman who still thinks he is in the police force (which happens to be one of the most corrupt institutions in the country). The baba is just yarning dust and attracting negative attention to the royal house.

FYI, I am not from the east. Nota bene.[/s]
Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by obi123: 9:19am On May 11, 2015
oh puleeeeeeeeeeeeeeze, we are sick of this already
Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Obiodunukwe: 9:19am On May 11, 2015
francizy:

Then you will pick up your bags and return to Oraukwu

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Photos Of Rehabilitated Roads In Aba And Other Ongoing Projects / Daniel Udeh: Who Fixes Yenagoa Potholes Is Unemployed UNIJOS Graduate / 10 Times EFCC Twitter Handle Gave Epic Replies (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.