Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! - Foreign Affairs (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! (60292 Views)

Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List / PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! / Nigeria Among Most Hated Countries In Britain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by martin98(m): 12:20am On May 12, 2015
smartexx:
some times I wonder how people think! how can we compare Nigeria with thus failed states
I mean, making comparison with these nations won't solve nigeria's problem at hand.....
we seriously need to review our patriotism and start to work towards a better Nigeria or else we would end up like one of these countries above.......
GOD bless NIGERIA!
PassingShot:
I checked and checked the list and all I see are "failed states".

Aren't you PDPeegs/TANoids/Jonathanians ashamed that you compare Nigeria with all the countries here?

Please tell me which of them should in real sense compare to us?

EEdiots are here comparing Nigeria with war-ravaged countries, reclusive, very politically unstable and authoritarian countries of the world.

SHAME ON YOU JONATHANIANS!
Sometimes ago, during the OBJ administration to be precise, Nigeria was ranked 2nd most corrupt in the world.

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by Nobody: 12:41am On May 12, 2015
PassingShot:

Aren't you PDPeegs/TANoids/Jonathanians ashamed that you compare Nigeria with all the countries here?

EEdiots are here comparing Nigeria with war-ravaged countries, reclusive, very politically unstable and authoritarian countries of the world.

God punish u
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by Mbkite(m): 1:07am On May 12, 2015
Justfollowit:

Why? I am not surprised.

I went through your thread and all I can say is that if you had striven to do your course works yourself, you would have known better than to deem this information worthy/credible to be disseminated.

Ok ma, but why?
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by haywire1: 1:30am On May 12, 2015
barcanista:
All credit to Goodluck Jonathan's proactive anticorruption strategy.

Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by newspostng(m): 1:39am On May 12, 2015
if Nigeria is not in Number one on that list,i guess that list is for pussssyyyyyyys compiled by goodluck jonathan to boost is poor performance stethoscope. fake list
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by ibietela2(m): 1:54am On May 12, 2015
PassingShot:

You are a pathetic liar! Where in the report of the $18 billion debt did it say or suggest that it is an aggregate of all monies owed by states and FG? The opening statement is "The federal government’s debt has risen by $18.40 billion (N3 trillion) in the last four years, analysis of a Debt Management Office document has revealed"; and no where in the whole report was any reference to a state made.

You have not proved to place patriotism above partisanship. At least that's not what your posts make us believe.

Though I largely support APC but I have severally demonstrated my patriotism by condemning many APC and SW politicians on this forum. I am from Oyo state but I didn't support Ajimobi for 2nd term based on his mediocre performance. My preference was Seyi Makinde of SDP.

Just about three days back, this was a post about OBJ:

And my reply was:

On many occasions I have made it known that I'll want GMB to find a way to curtail Tinubu's influence on him so that he can face Nigeria's affairs squarely. On many occasions here I have clearly stated that I will lead a scathing criticism of GMB if he starts to derail from delivering on his promises after a reasonable period of time. If all these do not amount to placing governance over partisanship, I do not know what is.

My friend, I am far from living a sadistic, hypocritical or bigoted life. To God's glory, I am immensely blessed and couldn't have wished for better living.

My occasional outburst is out of PURE PATRIOTISM knowing fully well that Nigeria deserves far better than the crumbs we get.

Keep supporting mediocrity, it's your choice.

Now I know how childish you are. Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

The other time I called you out on why you share some degrading/rubbish posts, your response was at best very laughable. Today, you're quick to pick an issue with my post which was validly condemning the celebration of mediocrity. How low can Jonathanians get!

Mtcheeeeeeew, in your mind that small talk which everyone knows has washed away your sins?

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by Everfrank(m): 2:01am On May 12, 2015
Mbkite:
10. Eritrea

Corruption score: 18
Power structure: Single-Party Presidential Democracy

Eritrea is a new entrant onto the list this year, having vaulted from number 25 to number 10 in 2014. Many people may have never even heard of Eritrea, let alone be aware of the corruption issues the country faces. Eritrea is located in Africa, bordering the Red Sea directly across from Saudi Arabia, bordering Djibouti to the south and Sudan to the north. Eritrea is a small and relatively poor country, with a GDP of only $3.44 billion, and a population of 6.3 million.

The situation in Eritrea is clearly in flux. After years of relative self-imposed isolation, Eritrea has begun opening its borders to foreign business and investment, along with privatizing state-owned assets. That has allowed for some government officials, and others in power, to take advantage of their positions for personal profit. With undeveloped legal, economic, and political framework, the country has had a lot of trouble finding a stable foothold in the international community.

Until Eritrea can sort out its internal problems, it’s likely that the country’s numerous issues will continue. Due to rule by a single party — despite being a democracy — a suitable minority party that can successfully challenge for power is likely what is needed. The economy is expected to continue to stagnate, and the prospect of war in the region spilling over into the country’s borders are also concerns for foreign investors.

And it's all caused by the west: America and her friends. All the rot in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Sudan and the former Soviet lands were caused by the same double standard hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by Everfrank(m): 2:03am On May 12, 2015
Mbkite:
10. Eritrea

Corruption score: 18
Power structure: Single-Party Presidential Democracy

Eritrea is a new entrant onto the list this year, having vaulted from number 25 to number 10 in 2014. Many people may have never even heard of Eritrea, let alone be aware of the corruption issues the country faces. Eritrea is located in Africa, bordering the Red Sea directly across from Saudi Arabia, bordering Djibouti to the south and Sudan to the north. Eritrea is a small and relatively poor country, with a GDP of only $3.44 billion, and a population of 6.3 million.

The situation in Eritrea is clearly in flux. After years of relative self-imposed isolation, Eritrea has begun opening its borders to foreign business and investment, along with privatizing state-owned assets. That has allowed for some government officials, and others in power, to take advantage of their positions for personal profit. With undeveloped legal, economic, and political framework, the country has had a lot of trouble finding a stable foothold in the international community.

Until Eritrea can sort out its internal problems, it’s likely that the country’s numerous issues will continue. Due to rule by a single party — despite being a democracy — a suitable minority party that can successfully challenge for power is likely what is needed. The economy is expected to continue to stagnate, and the prospect of war in the region spilling over into the country’s borders are also concerns for foreign investors.

And it's all caused by the west: America and her friends. All the rot in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Sudan and the former Soviet lands were caused by the same double standard hypocrites. And here they are shamelessly grading the damage they have caused the world. Mtcheww!

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by francizy(m): 4:53am On May 12, 2015
kinglekan:

ROTFL.. Chai u don finish me ooo. So for my back u wan marry my sweet twaci out con make me CSO of the occasion.

Chai diariz God oooo. cheesy

LoL, as you give me role of campaign manager, me give you role of CSO.. One-one, no cheating... grin
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by francizy(m): 5:14am On May 12, 2015
major466:

Who's getting married? Hope we're invited? smiley

Whynotthetruth and Miss Nairaland in the making (Twaci)..

You're very much invited... smiley
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by PassingShot(m): 6:03am On May 12, 2015
martin98:

Sometimes ago, during the OBJ administration to be precise, Nigeria was ranked 2nd most corrupt in the world.

And by the time OBJ left in 2007, Nigeria ranking improved to 7th or 8th. So, between 2007 and 2015, we are still "managing to compare ourselves with all those failed states!
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by sunnyx13: 6:03am On May 12, 2015
barcanista:
Am sure you have not in your entire life step into school, pls what do you mean by anticorruption, Maybe that anticorruction rubbish was only inplemented in your village, the man has fail, his followers should just accept it
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by sunnyx13: 6:04am On May 12, 2015
barcanista:
Am sure you have not in your entire life step into school, pls what do you mean by anticorruption, Maybe that anticorruction rubbish was only inplemented in your village, the man has failed, his followers should just accept it
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by PassingShot(m): 6:04am On May 12, 2015
ibietela2:

I never knew Korea is war-ravaged

Check the meaning of a reclusive nation and read up about North Korea, then come back to me.
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by PassingShot(m): 6:06am On May 12, 2015
ibietela2:

You will DIE your time because of Jonathan, Becareful Man

Mr. hired assassin, stop spewing rubbish here.

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by sunnyx13: 6:09am On May 12, 2015
Mbkite:

yes, he did well

If I hear cheesy
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by sunnyx13: 6:15am On May 12, 2015
bash4us:

I beg your pardon sir!
@barcanista the earlier you know this the better for you, accept it or not, your president has failed, and his going to jail very soon. Don't worry you won't miss him much cus the prison is bigger for the both of you tongue Olila

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by kipesco(m): 6:18am On May 12, 2015
PassingShot:

E dey paini u?
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by sunnyx13: 6:19am On May 12, 2015
PassingShot:

Mr. hired assassin, stop spewing rubbish here.
Who is he telling to be careful? The truth is better shall, E DON PAIN AM
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by sunnyx13: 6:22am On May 12, 2015
kipesco:

E dey paini u?
Why not? Na true talk be that na
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by PassingShot(m): 6:25am On May 12, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Pathetic beings with devilish mindset...they need serious introspection bro...
SeverusSnape:

Seriously, that guy is a pathetic imp, He will just die of hate and vile. sad
PassingShot, I'm referring to you.
SeverusSnape:
... Culled from Whynotthetruth's post

PassingShot and his Co minions like abduljabbar4 needs a very deep sober reflection indeed, I can't imagine somebody being unhappy because his country wasn't included in a negative list, what they wanted to see is "Nigeria", so that the blame game can start, I can still remember that during the Obasanjo era, Nigeria always occupy a spot in this list. These terrorists still wants our name in that list, Bunch of foolish haters.
Mee234:

E bi like say buhari don take Ur brain feed cow. where were u when Nigeria was number two?. was Jonathan the President than? U should try and reason with Ur brain once that if there is any left
kenex4ever:
who is this one?
So u r pained and paranoid dat Nigeria has a good reputation this time ?
All these enemies of the state claiming to b change agents n progressives!
Elueme:
Another hypocrite on the loose. Had the news mentioned Nigeria you would have been foaming from your both oral fissures Iike a rabbied dog. If we must move forward as a nation, we must learn to be real and be corrigible to commend when necessary and as well criticise when demands suggest. Nigeria was persistently among top ten(10) most corrupt all thru Abacha down to Obasanjo days( who is now a mantra and navigator of APC) despite his much publicised anti-corruption war which were more vindictive and political witch hunting. Transparency has gr8tly improved in the system with GEJ and corruption was being addressed from the root but ingrates like you would do everything under the sun to rubbish the govt you so hate but the world is no as blind and biase as you may want them to.
ocelot2006:

I never know Uzbekistan and the other *stan was war ravaged.
It is very clear to well informed and analytical minds that you guys are used to mediocrity and there is nothing anyone can do to help your course. You are used to the crumbs from your leaders in the midst of plenty hence you all campaigned to have us continue with the drunk from Otuoke who is despised locally and internationally for gross incompetence in fighting corruption.

The last thing I will tell you on corruption is to educate yourselves by checking on the countries that are ranked ahead of Nigeria (especially African countries as SA, Ghana, Seychelles, etc) and see how much improvement they have made over the years.

ekemini84:

Ogbeni! U checked and checked and checked... According by you and you failed to notice north Korea. Since when did north Korea become a failed state?
Abeg drop this your hate for gej mbok!..I know say u be de wait to see Nigeria there, but since........anyhow mango is out!
You're obviously not well exposed and informed enough to know what North Korea represents. I advise you read up on the country before you come here to embarrass yourself further.

Campaign is over but the attached is a good reminder for you all on what GEJ your demi-god represents to those that matter in the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by sunnyx13: 6:31am On May 12, 2015
Mbkite:

But why this hate on a man who has given his best?
Is best is not enough mr man, imagine your sisters is schooling in chibok, The rest na story
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by obiak4(m): 7:04am On May 12, 2015
Mbkite:
Tie – 1. North Korea

Corruption score: 8
Power structure: Dictatorship

The world’s biggest wildcard is North Korea. There is little doubt in anyone’s mind that the country is immensely corrupt, having been effectively run into the ground over the past half-century by Kim Jong Sun, Kim Jong Il and now Kim Jung Un, all of whom the country’s citizens affectionately have referred to as ‘Supreme Leader’. The CIA lists North Korea’s government as a ‘communist state one-man dictatorship’, with an estimated GDP of $28 billion as of 2009.

Notorious for having very little electricity and sending its citizens to prison camps, North Korea’s government and economy are effectively shrouded in mystery. While it does receive aid from countries like China, North Korea obviously has had problems producing enough fuel and food to properly care for its citizens. Military spending far outweighs spending on social programs and aid, mostly to put on appearances for the rest of the world in their famous outbursts of saber-rattling, and to keep citizens in line.

The country’s major issues can be traced back to a number of natural disasters and the collapse of the Soviet Union, as the land, people and equipment have all been ‘worn out’ over the years, according to a CNN report. With little hope for change in the near future, North Korea is destined to remain one of the planet’s most corrupt and destitute nations.

CIA REPORT MY ASS AMERICA SPEND MORE THAN THE WORLD FOR MILITARY HARDWARE AND TURN AROUND TO ACCUSE NORTH KOREA
JOKE OF THE CENTURY
MORE POOR PEOPLE IN AMERICA ASK TUPAC
LETTER TO THE PRESIDENT
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by chronique(m): 7:20am On May 12, 2015
I'm not yoruba;I'm from Edo state. But my mum is a yoruba woman from Ondo state.
peppyluv02:
Not all yorubas are brainwashed Change chanters like that bitter fool...
Femi Aribisala, Fayose, chronique,temi temi and co...are great!

Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by kinglekan: 7:23am On May 12, 2015
francizy:

LoL, as you give me role of campaign manager, me give you role of CSO.. One-one, no cheating... grin

ROTFL.. cheesy

God dey sha!!!
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by mmsen: 7:26am On May 12, 2015
EzioAuditore:
If Nigeria is not on the list then we are not talking about corruption, Nigeria and corruption figuratively mean the same thing. Obviously this is just a list of countries that do not feel obliged to lick the wests arse.

You have no sense of perspective if you believe that Nigeria is one of the most corrupt nations in the world. Clearly you have never been, nor do you talk to, others from other nations.

There are many countries not on this list that are much worse than Nigeria for day-to-day corruption as well as big scandals - Angola springs to mind. Brazil has just been enthralled in a corruption scandal with its national oil company that has engulfed everyone up to the President. The figure involved has been marked at 16 billion usd. NNPC scandal was said to be 2 bn usd at last count - if Sanusi would get his facts right first then we would know the true scale.

Stop trying to asses global affairs from your grandfather's village. Nigeria has problems but they are not unique to Nigeria, nor are they the worst in the world. Things have moved on since the time of Abacha, many of you have a hard time accepting that.

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by utuk: 7:33am On May 12, 2015
we have been cheated abeg tell them say na we be no. 1 for d list
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by Israel5(m): 7:49am On May 12, 2015
EzioAuditore:
If Nigeria is not on the list then we are not talking about corruption, Nigeria and corruption figuratively mean the same thing. Obviously this is just a list of countries that do not feel obliged to lick the wests arse.
we steal, we are not corrupt. #bhaha
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by Nobody: 7:53am On May 12, 2015
mmsen:

You have no sense of perspective if you berieve that Nigeria is one of the most corrupt nations in the world. Clearly you have never been, nor do you talk to, others from other nation.

There are many countries not on this list that are much worse than Nigeria for day-to-day corruption as well as big scandals - Angola springs to mind. Brazil has just been enthralled in a corruption scandal with its national oil company that has engulfed everyone up to the President. The figure involved has been marked at 16 billion usd. NNPC scandal was said to be 2 bn usd at last count - if Sanusi would get his facts right first then we would know the true scale.

Stop trying to asses global affairs from your grandfather's village. Nigeria has problems but they are not unique to Nigeria, nor are they the worst in the world. Things have moved on since the time ef Abacha, many of you have a hard time accepting that.

Clearly I've never been to other countries? Lol! Alright mate. Did I say such problems are unique to Nigeria or do you have a flawed understanding of the queens language? But let me indulge your cluelessness, tell me one country with a country you've been to with a functioning government that you deem more corrupt than Nigeria. Things have moved sionce the times of abacha, yes I agree, but not enough, in fact do you know how old this list is? Its not new! And its not even official! There is nothing in this country that is not corrupt! And BTW! This bellend needs to learn maths, you should add the whole foreign abacha loot recovered so far, see if it gives you up to the amount you mentioned. As corrupt as abachas government was it is still very comparable to this government. Clearly you're the plonker analysing global affairs from a grandfathers village. I know how you sprags feel the need to protect this administration but that is a lost cause, snap out of your delusions mate. How is north korea more corrupt than Nigeria? Just because the leader is does it go beyond him? Do you know what they do to corrupt people oin north korea? Like I said. This is just a list of countries who do not feel obliged to rim the wests arse.as further evidence of your cluelessness you're mentioning brazil and angola. Do you know what is happening in brazil? Atleast there's a working justice system working to bring culprits to justice, there's accountabilty, corruption is not measured by frequency of crime but by whether or not justice is passed. Clearly you know nothing about brazil or angola! You need to wake up and accept the fact! You live in one of the most corrut countries in the world. And if you're claiming you've been to morroco or brazil, I'd like to pick your brain more about it. If there's an official list of corrupt countries, I'm not saying nigeria must top it, but we are easily top 5.
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by walemagic(m): 7:57am On May 12, 2015
almost all the countries are isalmic nation. not religious biased am liberal just my observation
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by mmsen: 8:01am On May 12, 2015
EzioAuditore:

Clearly I've never been to other countries? Lol! Alright mate. Did I say such problems are unique to Nigeria or do you have a flawed understanding of the queens language? But let me indulge your cluelessness, tell me one country with a country you've been to with a functioning government that you deem more corrupt than Nigeria. Things have moved sionce the times of abacha, yes I agree, but not enough, in fact do you know how old this list is? Its not new! And its not even official! There is nothing in this country that is not corrupt! And BTW! This bellend needs to learn maths, you should add the whole foreign abacha loot recovered so far, see if it gives you up to the amount you mentioned. As corrupt as abachas government was it is still very comparable to this government. Clearly you're the plonker analysing global affairs from a grandfathers village. I know how you sprags feel the need to protect this administration but that is a lost cause, snap out of your delusions mate. How is north korea more corrupt than Nigeria? Just because the leader is does it go beyond him? Do you know what they do to corrupt people oin north korea? Like I said. This is just a list of countries who do not feel obliged to rim the wests arse.as further evidence of your cluelessness you're mentioning brazil and angola. Do you know what is happening in brazil? Atleast there's a working justice system working to bring culprits to justice, there's accountabilty, corruption is not measured by frequency of crime but by whether or not justice is passed. Clearly you know nothing about brazil or angola! You need to wake up and accept the fact! You live in one of the most corrut countries in the world. And if you're claiming you've been to morroco or brazil, I'd like to pick your brain more about it. If there's an official list of corrupt countries, I'm not saying nigeria must top it, but we are easily top 5.

You can't read and are clearly ill informed.

Nigeria's problems are 'not unique'.

I have close friends and family in both Angola and Brazil, I know how things go there. Dos Santos is Abacha on steroids.

2 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by Nobody: 8:10am On May 12, 2015
walemagic:
almost all the countries are isalmic nation. not religious biased am liberal just my observation

Clearly you're trying to say something since you feel the need to point it out. Please feel free to mention why you think that is, liberals are not known to be cowards.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Photos Of Bride Sued By Husband For Not Being Pretty Enough / Richard Branson Catches Worker Sleeping On The Job - See What He Did / Biden Inches Nearer To Victory As Trump Launches Lawsuit Blitz To Slow Him Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.