Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,562 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

Youths Protest Against Attacks On Oil Facilities In Niger Delta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youths Protest Against Attacks On Oil Facilities In Niger Delta (25261 Views)

Islamic Council Warns Nnamdi Kanu Against Attacks On Hausas / Militants Blow Up 2 More Oil Facilities In Delta / I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Youths Protest Against Attacks On Oil Facilities In Niger Delta by Islie: 9:11pm On Jul 05, 2016
Friday Amobi, Port Harcourt

Hundreds of youths in Rivers State on Tuesday took to the streets of Port Harcourt in protest against the incessant attacks on oil facilities in the Niger Delta.

The youths who came together on the aegis of National Youth Council of Nigeria, Rivers State branch, also protested against cultism and other social vices in the state.

The protest followed the increase in attacks on oil facilities, oil theft and cult-related activities in the region.

The youths marched from First Artillery to Azikiwe road in Port Harcourt with placards bearing several inscriptions such as ‘We need peace in the Niger Delta’, ‘Attacks on oil facilities must stop’, ‘Support Belemaoil to restore peace in the region, and ‘We don’t need cultism’.

The President of NYCN in Rivers State, Mr. Sukubo Sara-Igbe, said the protest became necessary because of the rise in the cases of kidnapping and other criminal activities in the state.

He said the activities of vandals were affecting the economic wellbeing of the region, calling on aggrieved youths not to resort to destroying pipelines and other oil facilities.

Sara-Igbe, while thanking Belema oil for providing 520 jobs for youths in the state, warned the youths to desist from cultism, pipeline vandalism and every other activity that would threaten peace in the area.

“We are making this protest so that youths will shun armed robbery, oil theft and embrace peace so that investors can come in and invest in the state and in the region,” he said.

“Rivers youths are now on their feet to protect those investors that will come into the state. We do not want our youths to be disturbing investors.”

http://punchng.com/youths-protest-against-attacks-on-oil-facilities-in-niger-delta/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Youths Protest Against Attacks On Oil Facilities In Niger Delta by greatgod2012(f): 9:17pm On Jul 05, 2016
I pray they hear, because we're all paying the price of the vandalism.

And we also pray that God give the President the wisdom to be diplomatic with them.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youths Protest Against Attacks On Oil Facilities In Niger Delta by SeverusSnape(m): 9:18pm On Jul 05, 2016
Nice one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youths Protest Against Attacks On Oil Facilities In Niger Delta by yrret: 9:36pm On Jul 05, 2016
During protest;

Who buys drinking water?

Which money is use to encrypt words on the placard?

How legitimate is their conscience over the cause?

Who takes care of each members fare?

I need to know all these, it might help me to establish my own 'protest firm', for who ever wishes to protest in Nigeria.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Youths Protest Against Attacks On Oil Facilities In Niger Delta by AngelAhnie(f): 9:48pm On Jul 05, 2016
OK
Re: Youths Protest Against Attacks On Oil Facilities In Niger Delta by ijustdey: 9:57pm On Jul 05, 2016
those Avengers are politically influenced by politicians

it's more of politics than any other thing

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Youths Protest Against Attacks On Oil Facilities In Niger Delta by Taryur3(m): 10:00pm On Jul 05, 2016
K
Re: Youths Protest Against Attacks On Oil Facilities In Niger Delta by Tonnierichy(m): 10:00pm On Jul 05, 2016
Let them contine the bombings jare.

I already gave up on all this.

Those boys are maniacs

I don't pity the inhabitants of ND themselves.

They know how to locate those boys

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Youths Protest Against Attacks On Oil Facilities In Niger Delta by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 05, 2016
And not even a single picture to show...what kind of barbaric journalism is this?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Youths Protest Against Attacks On Oil Facilities In Niger Delta by Mopolchi: 10:02pm On Jul 05, 2016
hmmm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youths Protest Against Attacks On Oil Facilities In Niger Delta by id911(m): 10:03pm On Jul 05, 2016
Rivers youths or Amaechi the looters youths?i don hear

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Youths Protest Against Attacks On Oil Facilities In Niger Delta by raziboi(m): 10:03pm On Jul 05, 2016
[url=http//:razibet..com] no power supply nowadays ooo[/url
Re: Youths Protest Against Attacks On Oil Facilities In Niger Delta by JoSaintiago: 10:03pm On Jul 05, 2016
I was there ...so I got d pix....lol arrange protest make dem enta creek oooo,no one protest d hardship in Nigeria na oil ,who oil pep?or dangote,otedola,alakija sorri I forgot 89%oil block owner from d north is protesting .buhati too dey blab he shud start diversifying not talking lik drum,if u refuse to give me d palm oil from ur house I will go and produce mine,since he (buhari) blaming opposition on mono economy,....can't type again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youths Protest Against Attacks On Oil Facilities In Niger Delta by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:05pm On Jul 05, 2016
I ve said time and again that its only a matter of time b4 youth in SS will see who the real enemy is - criminals, cultist, economic saboteur and terrorist.
SS youths re not lazy pple. Personally,I knw what I went tru in life. Frm obscurity I rose to become what I m today. So the notion that we re lazy is an arrogant fallacy.
I ve no doubt in my mind that but for militancy and its attendant violent and incessant restiveness the region wud ve had more than double its current development. Militants cannot be the voice of the region. Years ago during the Ijaw-itsekiri war, I know of some companies that relocated to Porthacourt. Some of them never came back. Some companies re currently pondering on relocating away from the region completely. Jobs will be lost while Buahri's salary continues to run. It is foolhardy to think that cutting our nose to spite the face is the solution to the regions problem. I ve not seen an idea more stupiid than that.
For those outsiders praying for an eventual total collapse for the region, thinking that will aid their course, ur hypocrisy has exposed u already.
God bless the youths of Niger Delta
God bless Niger delta
God bless Nigeria

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Youths Protest Against Attacks On Oil Facilities In Niger Delta by Flexherbal(m): 10:05pm On Jul 05, 2016
Hope those NDA boy will hear!

2 Likes

Re: Youths Protest Against Attacks On Oil Facilities In Niger Delta by freenortheast: 10:06pm On Jul 05, 2016
Nobody should protest.............let the criminals keep bombing and vandalising ...only the common man will suffer.as far as am concern their action or in action should not disturb the president under normal circumstances.....

5 Likes

Re: Youths Protest Against Attacks On Oil Facilities In Niger Delta by daftpikin: 10:09pm On Jul 05, 2016
yrret:
During protest;

Who buys drinking water?

Which money is use to encrypt words on the placard?

How legitimate is their conscience over the cause?

Who takes care of each members fare?

I need to know all these, it might help me to establish my own 'protest firm', for who ever wishes to protest in Nigeria.

Lol

2 Likes

Re: Youths Protest Against Attacks On Oil Facilities In Niger Delta by 0ubenji(m): 10:09pm On Jul 05, 2016
The foreseen Niger Delta implosion
Re: Youths Protest Against Attacks On Oil Facilities In Niger Delta by Simpoto: 10:11pm On Jul 05, 2016
The so called national youth council has not protested against the marginalization of the youths in appointments. The increasing rate of unemployment. And most importantly,the seeming non directional movement of this government. Who assembled them and led them. Kontinu

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Youths Protest Against Attacks On Oil Facilities In Niger Delta by Pyno30: 10:13pm On Jul 05, 2016
The sighting of the moon was Inconclusive
-INEC

The sighting of the moon has been adjourned till tomorrow
-Abuja High Court

The sighting of the moon was not altered, a committee will be set-up to be headed by Sen. David Mark (Chairman Senate committee on Observation)
-Senate

The moon has already been sighted tomorrow
-Lai Mohammed

The anomally in the crescentic illumna of the moon in the atmospheric galaxy is tantamount to more crinkum crankum & hoola-baloo
-Patrick Obahiagbon

The APC was the cause of the moon not sighted in Nigeria
-Fayose

We will create another moon for Nigerians
-APC

Due to none sighting of the Moon, the Board of the Ulamas has been dissolved.
-Presidency

We blew up the moon and we will blow up more moons
-Niger Delta Avengers

We are responsible for the absence of the moon in the sky
-Boko Haram

Those responsible for the missing moon will soon be apprehended and charged accordingly. We have evidence.
-EFCC

We dont want to sight the Moon
-Biafrans

We know where the moon is but we dont want to say.
-The US govt.

Happy Holiday Extension till Thursday July 7th bz of the absence of the moon

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Youths Protest Against Attacks On Oil Facilities In Niger Delta by hobermener: 10:13pm On Jul 05, 2016
R
Re: Youths Protest Against Attacks On Oil Facilities In Niger Delta by steppin: 10:15pm On Jul 05, 2016
APC paid youths!

5 Likes

Re: Youths Protest Against Attacks On Oil Facilities In Niger Delta by Kizmilz(m): 10:17pm On Jul 05, 2016
It is well
Re: Youths Protest Against Attacks On Oil Facilities In Niger Delta by toye440: 10:19pm On Jul 05, 2016
pls let d bombings continue we go see who mumu pass. To show how foolish they r y has Ipob not blown up any part of Igbo land, y HV they not taken to arms even wen shot at and killed. the answer is simple wisdom and its wat dis foot soldiers of corrupt governors don't hv

4 Likes

Re: Youths Protest Against Attacks On Oil Facilities In Niger Delta by Light4bright: 10:21pm On Jul 05, 2016
Big big lie from Dakuku teams in River State*

5 Likes

Re: Youths Protest Against Attacks On Oil Facilities In Niger Delta by DumDum13656: 10:25pm On Jul 05, 2016
Ndi ara
Re: Youths Protest Against Attacks On Oil Facilities In Niger Delta by stevebond007(m): 10:25pm On Jul 05, 2016
Protest my dear Nigerian youths, the militants are no longer pursuing the caues of Niger Delta, but there own pockets, hence the emergence of several splinter groups.

1 Like

Re: Youths Protest Against Attacks On Oil Facilities In Niger Delta by transient123(m): 10:28pm On Jul 05, 2016
Way to go. Patriotism against vandalism and ethnic jingoism.

This is noble for nation building. All tribes in all geopolitical zones should rise against partisanship and sail the boat of Nigeria to greatness through defeating the cankerworms that has made us under developed, that made us perennially divided along ethnic and religious lines.

4 Likes

Re: Youths Protest Against Attacks On Oil Facilities In Niger Delta by mrvitalis(m): 10:29pm On Jul 05, 2016
Any need.. They will call u guys Yorubas...
Re: Youths Protest Against Attacks On Oil Facilities In Niger Delta by SailorXY: 10:30pm On Jul 05, 2016
Pyno30:
The sighting of the moon was Inconclusive
-INEC
The sighting of the moon has been adjourned till tomorrow
-Abuja High Court
The sighting of the moon was not altered, a committee will be set-up to be headed by Sen. David Mark (Chairman Senate committee on Observation)
-Senate
The moon has already been sighted tomorrow
-Lai Mohammed
The anomally in the crescentic illumna of the moon in the atmospheric galaxy is tantamount to more crinkum crankum & hoola-baloo
-Patrick Obahiagbon
The APC was the cause of the moon not sighted in Nigeria
-Fayose
We will create another moon for Nigerians
-APC
Due to none sighting of the Moon, the Board of the Ulamas has been dissolved.
-Presidency
We blew up the moon and we will blow up more moons
-Niger Delta Avengers
We are responsible for the absence of the moon in the sky
-Boko Haram
Those responsible for the missing moon will soon be apprehended and charged accordingly. We have evidence.
-EFCC
We dont want to sight the Moon
-Biafrans
We know where the moon is but we dont want to say.
-The US govt.
Happy Holiday Extension till Thursday July 7th bz of the absence of the moon
Hmmm

Re: Youths Protest Against Attacks On Oil Facilities In Niger Delta by Femich18(m): 10:34pm On Jul 05, 2016
Stop ke...please don't stop. Bomb all the bomb-ables including your houses, markets and churches...And then move to the east and do justice as well...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today / Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... / Does The Police Have Any Constitutional Right To Go Through A Citizen`s Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.