Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,996 members, 7,825,081 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. - Sports (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (249275 Views)

Nigeria Vs South Africa 2019 AFCON Qualifiers: 0 - 2 (Full Time) / Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Tomtoxic: 11:00pm On Nov 23, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I do not argue that Mourinho is a brilliant manager. I followed him from his days at Porto I supported them until they won the UEFA Cup. I watched the game and I felt for Celtic when they lost on Silver Goal.

He is a good coach but Mourinho can not be compared to Guardiola. How many memorable games can he boast off? He wins 1-0, 2-1 in a large percentage of his games because that is the best he can do.

When he meets most top sides, he resorts to defending because he knows he can not coach a team to crush big sides.

How many times do you see Mourinho go ahead in a game and the side gets a red card and he still resorts to parking bus? Is that a sign of greatness or cowardice. You can not go a man down against someone like Guardiola and he will park the bus.

Is Mourinho a good coach? No doubt he is. A tactical legend? No way because he can not coach a side to crush teams repeatedly until they carry the title.
when u talk of memorable games mou has a lot the inter vs barca is a really memorable game the copa del rey clasico also just to mention a few.
hmm am still searching for this book u are reading titled the right way to play football that States that u must crush your opponent before u are recognised.
going ahead and parking the bus is not a sign of cowardice my brother its a purely tactical decision to get the 3 points (which he is being paid for).I guess u would prefer he loses na y trying to play to the gallery.he is a man that knws what he wants and knws the tactics to employ to get it.
using Barcelona to beat Mallorca 10-0 doesn't tell shit about a coach's tactical prowess bro

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Tomtoxic: 11:03pm On Nov 23, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I do not argue that Mourinho is a brilliant manager. I followed him from his days at Porto I supported them until they won the UEFA Cup. I watched the game and I felt for Celtic when they lost on Silver Goal.

He is a good coach but Mourinho can not be compared to Guardiola. How many memorable games can he boast off? He wins 1-0, 2-1 in a large percentage of his games because that is the best he can do.

When he meets most top sides, he resorts to defending because he knows he can not coach a team to crush big sides.

How many times do you see Mourinho go ahead in a game and the side gets a red card and he still resorts to parking bus? Is that a sign of greatness or cowardice. You can not go a man down against someone like Guardiola and he will park the bus.

Is Mourinho a good coach? No doubt he is. A tactical legend? No way because he can not coach a side to crush teams repeatedly until they carry the title.
when u talk of memorable games mou has a lot the inter vs barca is a really memorable game the copa del rey clasico also just to mention a few.
hmm am still searching for this book u are reading titled the right way to play football that States that u must crush your opponent before u are recognised.
going ahead and parking the bus is not a sign of cowardice my brother its a purely tactical decision to get the 3 points (which he is being paid for).I guess u would prefer he loses na y trying to play to the gallery.he is a man that knws what he wants and knws the tactics to employ to get it.
using Barcelona to beat Mallorca 10-0 doesn't tell shit about a coach's tactical prowess bro.
show me were u have to crush teams to be a tactical legend oh even the Greece team that won euro 2004 (with the best defensive performance in international football) were applauded for winning the title were other good football dominating teams like Portugal england Italy etc were

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:06pm On Nov 23, 2015
Tomtoxic:

u said mou is hyped OK between the 'special one' and guadiola amma show u who is the 'hyped one'
THE MOURINHO STORY.
Started off managerial career 4rm benfica coached 9 matches was top of the league den resigned.then got the uniao de lieria job a recently promoted team and took them to their highest ever position in top flight (5th). went to Porto hu last won the league 3 years ago,when the team was in a mess 5th in the league out of Portuguese cup and last in UCL group I bet u knw what he did he later won UCL with d Portuguese league that was not in its glory years like the 1960s.moved over to Chelsea won the league in his 1st season (1st time in bout 54 years for chelsea) u knw everyoda tin he did in chelsea .then off to internazionale a team that last won d league also bout 3 years ago and won the domestic treble next he won d treble consisting of the UCL den off to Madrid (an unhealthy unbalanced team) that have not won the league for 3 years and have not reached the quarter finals of UCL for 4 years he won d copa del rey the league and led them to 2 successive semi finals of d ucl.then to the present (Chelsea).
STORY OF GUARDIOLA
took over the barca job in 2008 inherited the best squad in Europe consisting of players like puyol,henry,deco,ronaldinho and eto etc he dominated LA liga (what else was he supposed to do with that squad) then went off to Bayern to inherit another best squad in Europe (heynecks treble winning Bayern) and has considerably flopped with the team.yes FLOPPED cuz he only dominates a one man bundesliga but has lost his 2 trials in europe .
Now tell me which team mou took over that had the capacity to dominate and win so much trophy in 4 years simply none cuz dey all had a problem and mou was employed to fix it and he did. so u can see 1 started 4rm d bottom now he z here the other started coaching on a platter of gold so who is really HYPED?
mou lost 5-0 to guardiola and barca got 3 points guadiola lost 1-0 to mou and Madrid got a trophy now that's misplaced priority.inter lost the group stage matches to barca but won the semi final (the 1 that mattered) hope u can see the difference between both now.
calling mourinho hyped should seriously be a criminal offence .
Thank u sir

[b]You are kidding. You say he consistently flopped. Because he is in a one man league? Go and check your history. Before Heynckes, Bayern were not on top. Other teams won the league. Two great coaches came (Heynckes and Guardiola), did well and you call it a one man league.

You can only call it a one man league because these two coaches did exceptionally well. What Guardiola continued, is so immense you tagged it a one man league. Remember how Dortmund fell in a one man league? If all the teams were weak, will that happen?

That is how good Guardiola is. Remember the games against City when we played Bayern. Those were tough ties. We were the champions but we found playing them difficult.

Arsenal is one of the top teams in the EPL today, yet Guardiola slaughtered them. If he was in the EPL, he will slaughter teams.

Leave that fake one man League talk. Mourinho can not do it like Pep.

The so called special one, goes a goal up and the other team goes a man down and he chooses to pack the bus. Then he concedes two goals. Is that brilliant to you? Talkless of genius.

Imagine talk, you call a man consistently topping a league flopping. When did consistently top a league mean flopping.

Flopping is what Mourinho is doing in the EPL. You are funny.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:10pm On Nov 23, 2015
Tomtoxic:

using Barcelona to beat Mallorca 10-0 doesn't tell shit about a coach's tactical prowess bro.
show me were u have to crush teams to be a tactical legend oh even the Greece team that won euro 2004 (with the best defensive performance in international football) were applauded for winning the title were other good football dominating teams like Portugal england Italy etc were

There is nothing tactical in telling your players to stand in front of their 18yard box and tell them to clear the ball out. It is cowardice, every coach in the game can do that. When Norwich meets Man City, or Las Palmas meets Barcelona or Mainz meets Bayern Munich, they park the bus.

Yet you call it tactical. How can something all championship coaches can do be tactically Brilliant.

Mou can not dominate a league whipping sides because he is incapable of such brilliance. So he sticks to the basic park bus and hopes to win against top sides. That is his level.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:53pm On Nov 23, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Oliseh boasts: I’ve changed Eagles

•Says team wasn’t winning every game before his five-month reign

•Reveals score card of 4 wins, 3 draws; one loss

•Exposes unnamed media website of asking for favours which he rejected
[/size]
Super Eagles chief coach, Sunday Oliseh has has lampooned those who do not see anything good in his plans to return Nigeria’s senior soccer side to winning ways insisting that: “I have been in charge of the Eagles for five months. So far, we have played eight games, won four, recorded three away draws and suffered one defeat. We have only conceded two goals in one match (against the third best African nation, DR Congo) while we have scored nine goals with a relatively new set of players.”

Piqued by the avanlanche of criticisms that have dodged his reign as the Eagles chief coach, Oliseh revealed on his television website www.sundayoliseh.tv that: “One would think prior to taking charge of the Super Eagles (as those we refused privileged access try to portray) Nigeria were winning every game and playing champagne football.

“The truth is the total opposite though as we only recorded one victory in five games, including a home defeat to Uganda, and were absent from the 2015 AFCON.”
Oliseh exposed a prominent major sports webite which he refused to name as being in the vanguard of publishing untrue stories about his reign simply because he didn’t succumb to the website’s chief’s request.

According to the document scooped from the eagles chief coach’s www.sundayoliseh.tv: “Two days after starting as chief coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria, a representative of a major sport website came up to me in Abuja to make me an offer:
“Give us privileged access and information to the Super Eagles and in return we will write only positive things about you and the team.”

“As you would expect, I declined the offer and today that website has been christened, “the anti-Sunday Oliseh’s Super Eagles Website”. Others have made similar offers and some even worse….”

Oliseh, however, praised the new NFF board for keying into his new but pragmatic philosophy on how the Eagles should play to be in sync with global best practices stressing that: “The Nigerian Football Federation (NFF), under this new administration is actually (to my knowledge) bent on trying to bring about positive change to the county’s football which fortunately falls in line with our philosophy.

“Moses Simon, Sylvester Igboun, Chima Akas, Paul Onobie, Shehu Abdullahi, Carl Ikeme, Odion Ighalo and Austin Obaroakpo among others are new players that now star for the Super Eagles.

That was not the case in the recent past and it is refreshing to see and be part of their team build-up.

“I am quite optimistic about the progression of the Super Eagles and just as we welcome the applause that have been showered on the team by the fans, we also welcome constructive criticisms towards the team that simultaneously offer suggestions at how it could be done better.

“Many can tell you what they think is wrong with you, but very few can effectively tell and show you how to do it better! 2008 ushered in a new era in world football: that of a team oriented success over individual stars.

“That explains why we rarely see heavy scorelines anymore as was the case in the past due to the fact that even if a team lacks individual, highly talented stars to win, they build their competitiveness around collective schemes and though in the end they might crumble to better talented teams they will not be ridiculed.

“Nigeria have no choice in my opinion; we need to build a talented, hungry and patriotic team to serve our 170 million compatriots.”

The average Nigerian is ecstatic about the results, but those who seek and represent special interests, beg to disagree.

“Coaching Nigeria, though challenging, gives one so much joy when one feels as we do, the joy it brings to over 170 million people. There seems to be a renewed interest in the national team,” Oliseh said.
thenationonlineng.net/oliseh-boasts-ive-changed-eagles/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:12am On Nov 24, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
2018 World Cup qualifiers: No panic over Eagles opponents – Pinnick
[/size]
Nigeria Football Federation president, Amaju Pinnick has assured fans that the Super Eagles will qualify for the 2018 World Cup in Russia despite fears, Nigeria will be
[img]http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/brazil-world-cup-question-money-super-eagles-religion/pinnich-amaju/[/img]
Pinnick Amaju
handed a tough draw in the group qualifiers.

FIFA is expected to make the draws in June 2016. Nigerian fans, have foreseen a tough draw for the Super Eagles, based on the lowly ratings of the national team in the world and African brackets.

“Our concern is to prepare the senior national team for the group stage of the qualifiers,” said Pinnick in Lagos at the weekend.

“We believe that all the 20 teams that made the last stage are African super powers who merited their qualifications. So the best we can do is to prepare the Eagles for the task ahead and ensure that Nigeria qualify for the 2018 FIFA World Cup, “ Pinnick said.

Nigeria beat Swaziland 2-0 on aggregate to join Gabon, Zambia, Uganda, DR Congo, Morocco, Guinea, Libya, Cameroon, Ghana, Congo, Egypt, South Africa, Ivory Coast, Tunisia, Burkina Faso, Algeria, Cape Verde, Senegal and Mali.
www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/2018-world-cup-qualifiers-no-panic-over-eagles-opponents-pinnick/
[/b]
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:24am On Nov 24, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Examining Sunday Oliseh's placebo effect
[/size]

The Super Eagles manager has drawn praise for his 'bold' personnel changes in victory over Swaziland. In truth, just how impactful were these changes?

By Solace Chukwu
Last week, Sunday Olisehfaced a daunting situation, and one with potential for great embarrassment. It is not unreasonable to suggest that, had he contrived to get Nigeriadumped out of World Cup 2018 qualifying by Swaziland, his short reign would now be referred to in the past tense.

Sunday Oliseh: The Master Gambler?

While his decision to cull Godfrey Oboabona, Elderson Echiejile and, most notably, John Obi Mikel came as a surprise to many, including, by his own admission, Swaziland coach Harris Bulunga, it is worth examining whether or not these changes were effective.

First, the facts: Nigeria won the game 2-0, goals via Moses Simon and Efe Ambrose, both from dead-balls. Bulunga said afterward that he had intended to target the very three that were excised. Oliseh insists those changes were purely tactical and have no bearing on the jostle for places in the Super Eagles going forward.

It is difficult to measure intangibles in football, such as the mental state of an opponent at any point of time predicated on a personnel change from the opposition. However, think for a moment: if the roles were reversed and Oliseh, having lost to a superior team on the continent – say, Algeria – had accounted for the defeat by claiming to have been stumped by personnel changes on the part of Les Fennecs!

It is very unlikely such an explanation would have carried any weight. More probable is that it would have been dismissed as an attempt to excuse inadequacy, to maintain the appearance of competence even in defeat.

Cynical, maybe. But in a roundabout way, Bulunga emerges with even more credit from this than if he had simply conceded Nigeria’s technical superiority.

Bulunga |Caught out by Oliseh's personnel switch

The implication is that his team is the equal of Nigeria, and that Oliseh needed a clever sleight of hand to overcome them over two legs. This sort of gracelessness, presented with a soppy backhanded compliment, was surprisingly lapped up by the Super Eagles manager in the post-match press conference; it is wholly condescending to a nation of Nigeria’s footballing pedigree and standing.

To further reinforce the disingenuous nature of this statement, which has now somehow become the received wisdom even among the local press corps, none of the three changes were absolutely crucial to the result in a direct way.

Swaziland were never going to be a swashbuckling horde in Port Harcourt; aptly, the King’s Shield set up in a sturdy defensive phalanx, buffeted by holding firm thanks to the imprecision of the Super Eagles in that first half.

In defence, Chima Akas and Austin Oboroakpo had precious little to get through in terms of actual defensive work. The Sharks full-back is a competent, unspectacular performer, rough around the edges in many ways; while Oboroakpo was simply required as an extra body. In any case, the Abia Warriors man was no more assured or expansive in possession than Oboabona, whose errors in Lobamba were mostly unforced.

The more eye-catching decision was to include Sunshine Stars midfielder Paul Onobi at the expense of Mikel alongside Ogenyi Onazi in the middle. Onobi acquitted himself reasonably well, and can have been pleased with his performance in a crunch tie.

How well did he actually play though?
...................Next
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:33am On Nov 24, 2015
-------------
[b][size=14pt]
Examining Sunday Oliseh's placebo effect
[/size]

Onobi |Can he really be a long-term solution in the heart of Nigeria's midfield?

To answer this, another question is required: if Mikel, relegated to the bench as a ‘weak link’, had put in the exact same performance, would there have been applause for it? The honest answer to this is in the negative; Onobi has been put on a pedestal for two reasons: by virtue of the result, he is yet another mascot for an admittedly coming-of-age local league and consequently, there is no standard against which to judge him aside the requirements of the context within which he played.

Mikel, on the other hand, is eternally judged against the impact of one tournament a decade ago. For context, Olusegun Obasanjo was still President, and the world had never heard of ISIS in 2005. So, it is clear that Mikel is in some ways a victim of popular expectation, blinkered by the silver gleam of a star already in its fading.

Besides, for all the ‘element of surprise’ claimed by the Swazi team, Nigeria were wholly disappointing for much of last Tuesday’s qualifier, only really coming alive in the first 20 minutes of the second half. In that time, Sylvester Igbonu dragged a presentable chance wide, Simon caressed a free-kick into the top corner for the lead and snatched at another opportunity, and Ighalo fired straight at the Swazi goalkeeper. Can anyone honestly say the team would have stood less of a chance with the three dropped players?

Oliseh’s changes may have been vindicated by the result but, upon closer inspection, were hardly pivotal to the outcome. More probably, it served as a placebo, and it is truly puzzling he is willing to claim them as some form of validation.
m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/4079/features/2015/11/23/17579792/examining-sunday-olisehs-placebo-effect
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by walz23: 9:12am On Nov 24, 2015
Best channel for sport betting join now! Free tips dat win..C00465382.. join and don't be left out

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by joseph1013: 9:40am On Nov 24, 2015
Damn!!! Solace Chukwu is gangsta!

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:37am On Nov 24, 2015
Honestly, Sir Solace "killed" it. *smiles*

Excellent objective analysis. Just the way I was looking at things in that game and its aftermath. When I saw the write-up yesterday on Goal.com, I was like, "this guy just communicated my thoughts".

We all want a "great" Super Eagles again. And I believe we will get there soon..... Very soon.

*smiles*

joseph1013:

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:36am On Nov 24, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

That is what I am pointing out. There is a difference in winning a game 1-0 and winning a game 3-0.

You wrote there even Pep got SLAUGHTERED. Why did you not say win? Because, there is a difference. Mourinho can coach wins. Repeated wins. Guardiola can coach repeated slaughters. He slaughters teams repeatedly each season.

That is why he is superior to Pep.

That is why I can never called Mourinho a great tactical mind because he is stuck to wins. How can anyone call a man who is a goal up and a man up and decides to pack the bus a great tactical mind. He has done it repeatedly.

There is a big difference and you know it.

At the end of the day 1-0 is the same as 4-0, they don't give out a different trophy if you don't "slaughter" ur opponent.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:50am On Nov 24, 2015
Orkpekyandega:
[b][size=14pt]
Oliseh boasts: I’ve changed Eagles

•Says team wasn’t winning every game before his five-month reign

•Reveals score card of 4 wins, 3 draws; one loss

•Exposes unnamed media website of asking for favours which he rejected
[/size]
Super Eagles chief coach, Sunday Oliseh has has lampooned those who do not see anything good in his plans to return Nigeria’s senior soccer side to winning ways insisting that: “I have been in charge of the Eagles for five months. So far, we have played eight games, won four, recorded three away draws and suffered one defeat. We have only conceded two goals in one match (against the third best African nation, DR Congo) while we have scored nine goals with a relatively new set of players.”

Piqued by the avanlanche of criticisms that have dodged his reign as the Eagles chief coach, Oliseh revealed on his television website www.sundayoliseh.tv that: “One would think prior to taking charge of the Super Eagles (as those we refused privileged access try to portray) Nigeria were winning every game and playing champagne football.

“The truth is the total opposite though as we only recorded one victory in five games, including a home defeat to Uganda, and were absent from the 2015 AFCON.”
Oliseh exposed a prominent major sports webite which he refused to name as being in the vanguard of publishing untrue stories about his reign simply because he didn’t succumb to the website’s chief’s request.

According to the document scooped from the eagles chief coach’s www.sundayoliseh.tv: “Two days after starting as chief coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria, a representative of a major sport website came up to me in Abuja to make me an offer:
“Give us privileged access and information to the Super Eagles and in return we will write only positive things about you and the team.”

“As you would expect, I declined the offer and today that website has been christened, “the anti-Sunday Oliseh’s Super Eagles Website”. Others have made similar offers and some even worse….”

Oliseh, however, praised the new NFF board for keying into his new but pragmatic philosophy on how the Eagles should play to be in sync with global best practices stressing that: “The Nigerian Football Federation (NFF), under this new administration is actually (to my knowledge) bent on trying to bring about positive change to the county’s football which fortunately falls in line with our philosophy.

“Moses Simon, Sylvester Igboun, Chima Akas, Paul Onobie, Shehu Abdullahi, Carl Ikeme, Odion Ighalo and Austin Obaroakpo among others are new players that now star for the Super Eagles.

That was not the case in the recent past and it is refreshing to see and be part of their team build-up.

“I am quite optimistic about the progression of the Super Eagles and just as we welcome the applause that have been showered on the team by the fans, we also welcome constructive criticisms towards the team that simultaneously offer suggestions at how it could be done better.

“Many can tell you what they think is wrong with you, but very few can effectively tell and show you how to do it better! 2008 ushered in a new era in world football: that of a team oriented success over individual stars.

“That explains why we rarely see heavy scorelines anymore as was the case in the past due to the fact that even if a team lacks individual, highly talented stars to win, they build their competitiveness around collective schemes and though in the end they might crumble to better talented teams they will not be ridiculed.

“Nigeria have no choice in my opinion; we need to build a talented, hungry and patriotic team to serve our 170 million compatriots.”

The average Nigerian is ecstatic about the results, but those who seek and represent special interests, beg to disagree.

“Coaching Nigeria, though challenging, gives one so much joy when one feels as we do, the joy it brings to over 170 million people. There seems to be a renewed interest in the national team,” Oliseh said.
thenationonlineng.net/oliseh-boasts-ive-changed-eagles/
[/b]

Na lie.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:50pm On Nov 24, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

At the end of the day 1-0 is the same as 4-0, they don't give out a different trophy if you don't "slaughter" ur opponent.

If 1-0 is the same as 4-0. Why is there goal difference in football? They can never be the same. The score line is one of the best reflections of the strength of two teams on that particular day.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:54pm On Nov 24, 2015
If there is an advice I am to give Coach Oliseh, my advice is, he should do less talking. When he talks too much, a lot of holes appear in his decision making and judgment.

Coach Oliseh is celebrating winning 4 games out of 8 matches. On a normal standard for Nigeria compared to the kind of opponents we faced, this is weak. We suppose to be thinking of winning 6 of those.

Coach Oliseh should stick to we can do better and we will do better.

Nine goals in eight games is almost a goal a game average. This should be a course of concern.

4 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by justiz5(m): 6:59pm On Nov 24, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
**puts hands on head**

Goodness me! Sir, I wasn't even referring to you. Gosh!!! I didn't even have you in mind.

Hmmm..... Let's see. I did say "Nigerians" have short memory. I used "they just hate Mikel" but please o..... Abeg! I no carry you for mind o.

I was speaking broadly when I used the term "Nigerians". I just re-checked and I can see that the "whole misunderstanding" of me associating you with hate or short memory stems from the fact that "that post" was one which quoted Sir Goodjoe's post which in turn had quoted you earlier.

So naturally, you'll think I was referring to you. Abeg o! Kai!!! Ema bi nu o.... But SERIOUSLY I NEVER HAD YOU IN MIND "AT ALL". I simply wrote based on things observed and matters raised outside this "thread" but in relation to the Super Eagles.

Honestly *cross my heart* I was speaking in the light of the many news articles and fans' reactions on other platforms post-swaziland game.

Please, don't get it twisted ok. *smiles*

P.S: Imagine my surprise when I checked my mentions and saw this.......... Gosh!!! I was like.... "Oh no, someone just misplaced a piece"

I hope we're clear now. *smiles*

Very clear Sir

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by green9der: 7:08pm On Nov 24, 2015
Are you having Scar, Stretch Mark, Keloid, Acne on any part of your body and you have been trying different products to get rid of it have not gotten results? If you want to get rid of it completely kindly contact us immediately lets get this product across to you any where you are within Nigeria... call to get one 07038663587, 09099973388 or whattsapp me

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by justiz5(m): 8:09pm On Nov 24, 2015
joseph1013:

The guy's football comments too de make sense.

His situational analysis are always a top notch.
He is one football or sports analyst I have found to be unbiased, no matter what in his analysis.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by joseph1013: 8:27pm On Nov 24, 2015
justiz5:

The guy's football comments too de make sense.

His situational analysis are always a top notch.
He is one football or sports analyst I have found to be unbiased, no matter what in his analysis.

He is my best football writer in Nigeria, though I will say that if alot of us in this house choose to become career football journalists, we will give them a run for their money. Most of them are very lazy. Solace is a breath of fresh air.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by justiz5(m): 8:30pm On Nov 24, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

Na lie.

Why na?

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by justiz5(m): 9:01pm On Nov 24, 2015
joseph1013:

He is my best football writer in Nigeria, though I will say that if alot of us in this house choose to become career football journalists, we will give them a run for their money. Most of them are very lazy. Solace is a breath of fresh air.

Its true, as in they don't always do their home work properly.
Their research before reporting on issues is always questionable and leaves a lot to be desired.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by adegwurulez(m): 9:16pm On Nov 24, 2015
Tomtoxic:

u said mou is hyped OK between the 'special one' and guadiola amma show u who is the 'hyped one'
THE MOURINHO STORY.
Started off managerial career 4rm benfica coached 9 matches was top of the league den resigned.then got the uniao de lieria job a recently promoted team and took them to their highest ever position in top flight (5th). went to Porto hu last won the league 3 years ago,when the team was in a mess 5th in the league out of Portuguese cup and last in UCL group I bet u knw what he did he later won UCL with d Portuguese league that was not in its glory years like the 1960s.moved over to Chelsea won the league in his 1st season (1st time in bout 54 years for chelsea) u knw everyoda tin he did in chelsea .then off to internazionale a team that last won d league also bout 3 years ago and won the domestic treble next he won d treble consisting of the UCL den off to Madrid (an unhealthy unbalanced team) that have not won the league for 3 years and have not reached the quarter finals of UCL for 4 years he won d copa del rey the league and led them to 2 successive semi finals of d ucl.then to the present (Chelsea).
STORY OF GUARDIOLA
took over the barca job in 2008 inherited the best squad in Europe consisting of players like puyol,henry,deco,ronaldinho and eto etc he dominated LA liga (what else was he supposed to do with that squad) then went off to Bayern to inherit another best squad in Europe (heynecks treble winning Bayern) and has considerably flopped with the team.yes FLOPPED cuz he only dominates a one man bundesliga but has lost his 2 trials in europe .
Now tell me which team mou took over that had the capacity to dominate and win so much trophy in 4 years simply none cuz dey all had a problem and mou was employed to fix it and he did. so u can see 1 started 4rm d bottom now he z here the other started coaching on a platter of gold so who is really HYPED?
mou lost 5-0 to guardiola and barca got 3 points guadiola lost 1-0 to mou and Madrid got a trophy now that's misplaced priority.inter lost the group stage matches to barca but won the semi final (the 1 that mattered) hope u can see the difference between both now.
calling mourinho hyped should seriously be a criminal offence .
Thank u sir
As much as i'd like to stick to super eagle's discussions, i have to make this one clarification. Yes Guardiola inherited a star studded team but do you know the kind of changes he made? He sold Ronaldinho, eto'o and deco, converted messi to the false 9role when ibra faltered, a role that has made messi one of the greatest of all time. He showed so much faith in the la masia, during his reign we saw players like Thiago, bojan, Afelley, tello, Nolito and many more. My point is, Guardiola inherited a star-studded team but he made many structural adjustments that has made barcelona today one of the most deadly teams.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Tomtoxic: 10:22pm On Nov 24, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

[b]You are kidding. You say he consistently flopped. Because he is in a one man league? Go and check your history. Before Heynckes, Bayern were not on top. Other teams won the league. Two great coaches came (Heynckes and Guardiola), did well and you call it a one man league.

You can only call it a one man league because these two coaches did exceptionally well. What Guardiola continued, is so immense you tagged it a one man league. Remember how Dortmund fell in a one man league? If all the teams were weak, will that happen?

That is how good Guardiola is. Remember the games against City when we played Bayern. Those were tough ties. We were the champions but we found playing them difficult.

Arsenal is one of the top teams in the EPL today, yet Guardiola slaughtered them. If he was in the EPL, he will slaughter teams.

Leave that fake one man League talk. Mourinho can not do it like Pep.

The so called special one, goes a goal up and the other team goes a man down and he chooses to pack the bus. Then he concedes two goals. Is that brilliant to you? Talkless of genius.

Imagine talk, you call a man consistently topping a league flopping. When did consistently top a league mean flopping.

Flopping is what Mourinho is doing in the EPL. You are funny.[/b]
heynecks made Bayern what they are today not guardiola.bundesliga not a 1 man team? like seriously? OK hu in your honest opinion has the capacity and capability to trouble them certainly not Dortmund certainly not shalcke 04 nor Bayer Leverkusen or Wolfsburg in short being truthful to our self let all these team come together and form a team the Bayern team will still win so guy its a PURE 1 man league.
u said parking the bus is an act of cowardice now I will show u what cowardice really is.
THE BOX PHILOSOPHY
u sit back give the ball to your opponent let them hit u with all they have got for a full 90 minutes now that's no cowardice that's phuvcking BRAVERY.
TIKI TAKA
u pass the ball round like its a training section u starve ur opponent of the ball by hoarding it like its petroleum mttchhew pure COWARDICE u refuse to let others play football my brodah if I've got balls give the opponent the ball na.
u said defending is basic and its what every championship coach can do that's totally laughable u wanna real knw what's basic there is nothing more basic in football than passing the ball round.and if every championship coach can do it then every championship coach would defeat guardiola

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Tomtoxic: 10:35pm On Nov 24, 2015
adegwurulez:

As much as i'd like to stick to super eagle's discussions, i have to make this one clarification. Yes Guardiola inherited a star studded team but do you know the kind of changes he made? He sold Ronaldinho, eto'o and deco, converted messi to the false 9role when ibra faltered, a role that has made messi one of the greatest of all time. He showed so much faith in the la masia, during his reign we saw players like Thiago, bojan, Afelley, tello, Nolito and many more. My point is, Guardiola inherited a star-studded team but he made many structural adjustments that has made barcelona today one of the most deadly teams.
I appreciate sticking to the super eagles as this is their thread but we shouldn't fold our hand and let someone spread falsehood or as lucky igbinedion said 'assassinate the character of a man who has worked hard for all he has'.
the point I was trying to pass across wasn't that guardiola didn't make changes but that he is always fortunate to inherit the best squad in the world and then someone expects mou to get 14 trophies in 4 years with a Chelsea team that was being built or a Porto team that needed revival or an inter Milan where even the fans had lost hope or a Madrid team that couldn't click against Olympic Lyonnais.NEVER.
so addressing the issue of the hyped one brought up by sirgoodjoe in this case it is crystal clear who is overhyped

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:39pm On Nov 24, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

If 1-0 is the same as 4-0. Why is there goal difference in football? They can never be the same. The score line is one of the best reflections of the strength of two teams on that particular day.

Not at all, last year barca and chealsea didn't score the most goals but they still won their leagues. If u can win big matches you are a great coach point blank.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:58pm On Nov 24, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

Not at all, last year barca and chealsea didn't score the most goals but they still won their leagues. If u can win big matches you are a great coach point blank.

You did not follow my point. I am not saying that you can not win a tournament or a league with 1-0 results. I said, you can not keep a club dominating or country dominating for years, like Spain and Barca did recently with 1-0 results. The likes of Arrigo Sacchi, Ferguson and co. had their teams seeking to destroy their opponents and not tucking their tails between their legs in games.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:03pm On Nov 24, 2015
Tomtoxic:
heynecks made Bayern what they are today not guardiola.bundesliga not a 1 man team? like seriously? OK hu in your honest opinion has the capacity and capability to trouble them certainly not Dortmund certainly not shalcke 04 nor Bayer Leverkusen or Wolfsburg in short being truthful to our self let all these team come together and form a team the Bayern team will still win so guy its a PURE 1 man league.
u said parking the bus is an act of cowardice now I will show u what cowardice really is.
THE BOX PHILOSOPHY
u sit back give the ball to your opponent let them hit u with all they have got for a full 90 minutes now that's no cowardice that's phuvcking BRAVERY.
TIKI TAKA
u pass the ball round like its a training section u starve ur opponent of the ball by hoarding it like its petroleum mttchhew pure COWARDICE u refuse to let others play football my brodah if I've got balls give the opponent the ball na.
u said defending is basic and its what every championship coach can do that's totally laughable u wanna real knw what's basic there is nothing more basic in football than passing the ball round.and if every championship coach can do it then every championship coach would defeat guardiola

Pointing out that Heynckes started the change does not mean anything because I already pointed out. The league was not a one man league before Heynckes came in. If I am correct, Bayern were fourth on the table before Heynckes.

At that time, it was not a one man team. Heynckes revolutionised the team and they did well. Guardiola came and continued the legacy, breaking some league records of Heynckes.

Because, These men coached Bayern, to destroy their opponents, you can not imagine their competition and tagged the league a one man league. It was not a one man league before Heynckes and Guardiola. It is their excellence that have made you tag the league a one man league.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:07pm On Nov 24, 2015
Tomtoxic:
THE BOX PHILOSOPHY
TIKI TAKA

If a team like Brentford wants to play Manchester City tomorrow, which strategy will they choose?

A. TIKI TAKA, starve Man City of the ball and prevent them from playing by continually passing the ball and attacking when they see a weakness.

B. Defending AKA Pack Bus/Mourinho style. Throw their men behind the ball and defend deep, preventing Man City the chance of scoring.

Your answer will determine which is the easier way to coach.

4 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by BlackAlbino6(m): 9:25am On Nov 25, 2015
Tomtoxic:

I appreciate sticking to the super eagles as this is their thread but we shouldn't fold our hand and let someone spread falsehood or as lucky igbinedion said 'assassinate the character of a man who has worked hard for all he has'.
the point I was trying to pass across wasn't that guardiola didn't make changes but that he is always fortunate to inherit the best squad in the world and then someone expects mou to get 14 trophies in 4 years with a Chelsea team that was being built or a Porto team that needed revival or an inter Milan where even the fans had lost hope or a Madrid team that couldn't click against Olympic Lyonnais.NEVER.
so addressing the issue of the hyped one brought up by sirgoodjoe in this case it is crystal clear who is overhyped

am enjoying the heated arguments from the legendary football followers and historians. Great work Sirs.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by joseph1013: 9:34am On Nov 25, 2015
BlackAlbino6:

am enjoying the heated arguments from the legendary football followers and historians. Great work Sirs.

Even as a Barca fan, I decided not to wade into the argument when I read that Mourinho is overrated. Shuo!

Check these records out:

Porto
Primeira Liga: 2002–03, 2003–04
Taça de Portugal: 2002–03
Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira: 2003
UEFA Champions League: 2003–04
UEFA Cup: 2002–03

Chelsea
Premier League: 2004–05, 2005–06, 2014–15
FA Cup: 2006–07
Football League Cup: 2004–05, 2006–07, 2014–15
FA Community Shield: 2005

Inter Milan
Serie A: 2008–09, 2009–10
Coppa Italia: 2009–10
Supercoppa Italiana: 2008
UEFA Champions League: 2009–10

Real Madrid
La Liga: 2011–12
Copa del Rey: 2010–11
Supercopa de España: 2012

Individual
Onze d'Or Coach of the Year: 2005, 2010
FIFA World Coach of the Year: 2010
IFFHS World's Best Club Coach: 2004, 2005, 2010, 2012
Primeira Liga Manager of the Year: 2002–03, 2003–04
Premier League Manager of the Year: 2004–05, 2005–06, 2014–15
Premier League Manager of the Month: November 2004, January 2005, March 2007
Serie A Manager of the Year: 2008–09, 2009–10
Albo Panchina d'Oro: 2009–10
Miguel Muñoz Trophy: 2010–11, 2011–12
UEFA Manager of the Year: 2002–03, 2003–04
UEFA Team of the Year: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2010
World Soccer Magazine World Manager of the Year: 2004, 2005, 2010
LPFP Awards Best Portuguese Manager in Foreign Countries: 2008–09, 2009–10
BBC Sports Personality of the Year Coach Award: 2005
La Gazzetta dello Sport Man of the Year: 2010
International Sports Press Association Best Manager in the World: 2010
Prémio Prestígio Fernando Soromenho: 2012
Football Extravaganza's League of Legends (2011)

Nobody, I repeat nobody, can amaze this collection of trophy and not be a tactical genius!

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by BlackAlbino6(m): 9:38am On Nov 25, 2015
joseph1013:

Even as a Barca fan, I decided not to wade into the argument when I read that Mourinho is overrated. Shuo!

Check these records out:

Nobody, I repeat nobody, can amaze this collection of trophy and not be a tactical genius!

Wao!!! Even as a Chelsea fan, I never had the courage to dig that deep into the man's rich CV.
Actually Jose Mourinho is not overrated, though I still yearn for a more exiting play pattern from him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (161) (Reply)

Difference Btw Handicap 0:1 And Handicap 1:0 / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) / Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.