Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Oshiomhole's Wedding - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Oshiomhole's Wedding (58156 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Ugandan Minister's Speech / Ezekwesili Reacts To The Release Of 80 Chibok Girls / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To IDP Camp Bombing Mistake (PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Oshiomhole's Wedding by 0b1nna: 5:56pm On May 15, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
She is just jealous that her boyfriend is keeping her as side chick.

ls not by force to remarry

Hehehe Dude, you sound like you know more about Oby than I do. grin cheesy
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Oshiomhole's Wedding by BboyChinon(m): 5:57pm On May 15, 2015
Operator take down this post. The writer is misinterpreting what Oby Ezekwesili said because I actually followed this tweet session.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Oshiomhole's Wedding by tete7000(m): 5:58pm On May 15, 2015
As at the last time I checked, the marital vow is until death do us part. The choice to remarry or not whether for a widow or a widower is everyone's own irrespective of what the culture says. Oshiomole deserves just congratulatory message and as far as I am concerned this is an inappropriate time for Oby to raise this kind of argument. Her tweets apart from one congratulating the governor is totally out of place, but how will she be Oby if she didn't do that? She is just behaving true to her character.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Oshiomhole's Wedding by opribo(m): 5:59pm On May 15, 2015
OBJ Wed Ezeks would make a good headline up Baba 70
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Oshiomhole's Wedding by urheme: 5:59pm On May 15, 2015
I see ojukwu and biaca grin grin

I still dey wonder how much osho baba pay the native wizard wey help am tie this girl

Only money cannot do this job....
Speechless sha....

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Oshiomhole's Wedding by HRich(m): 5:59pm On May 15, 2015
omonnakoda:
Waiting to see husband for Bianca Ojukwu
Lolz. Maybe i will be the right man for her
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Oshiomhole's Wedding by Jojolizo: 6:00pm On May 15, 2015
Pavore9:
Well, kinda of true. ln some places in Nigeria, if a widow with kids who is in her 40's wants to re-marry, come and see family meetings on top her head, some even with the accusations of her killing her late husband flying around! sad sad sad

Pls, mention those places...
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Oshiomhole's Wedding by Jarus(m): 6:02pm On May 15, 2015
No one stops a widowed woman from marrying. I'm not aware of any culture stopping them.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Oshiomhole's Wedding by nairo: 6:03pm On May 15, 2015
let somebody help this attention seeking parrot to shut her ugly mouth. who ask for u opinion. u are not gonna be a major chick but side chick for life
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Oshiomhole's Wedding by fafambo: 6:03pm On May 15, 2015
Madam oby.osho baba said I should tell to "go and die" to hell he cares
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Oshiomhole's Wedding by Ezenwammadu(m): 6:03pm On May 15, 2015
0b1nna:

Hehehe Dude, you sound like you know more about Oby than I do. grin cheesy

Don't you know shocked grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Oshiomhole's Wedding by TheAdvocate(m): 6:04pm On May 15, 2015
Ezenwammadu:

Yu mean OBJ? Lol…
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Oshiomhole's Wedding by Pavore9: 6:05pm On May 15, 2015
Jojolizo:

Pls, mention those places...

l no wan start tribal war o! cheesy cheesy
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Oshiomhole's Wedding by Chigold101(m): 6:13pm On May 15, 2015
bigtt76:
This woman shaaa must get something tok undecided Remarrying is everyone's choice. Some women don't just like the idea or better still scared of what people would say about it. The strong ones amongst them do remarry.
first of all most widows are so tired to their late husband & do not want any other man to come inbtween. So they pour out the love on their children.

Many other do not trust other men that come close to them.

Another thing is that men do not really carying extra bagege. Taking care of another man‘s children is not that easy.

Some widows who already have two or three children when they re marry, they only stay in the marriage for love making without given their new husband any child.

It happend for a pastor that i know. For over eight years the woman was using the guy. She refused to take in, the man was training the children from her first marriage in school. The woman even accussed the man of being impotent but one day the woman packed her bag and left never to return after about one or two years the man remaried and have an issue already.

So widows can be very dangerous oh
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Oshiomhole's Wedding by omonnakoda: 6:13pm On May 15, 2015
midolian:
thinking u are always right kills a man faster than bullet.
Even bullets know I am always right when I send them back to sender
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Oshiomhole's Wedding by moneya(m): 6:15pm On May 15, 2015
midolian:
on a more serious note, I don't think so.
cause she looked like obj, the lip and the shape of her head grin
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Oshiomhole's Wedding by omonnakoda: 6:15pm On May 15, 2015
Jarus:
No one stops a widowed woman from marrying. I'm not aware of any culture stopping them.
Have you hear of su 'kpo

Wives can be inherited by family.
It is no so common no but the sense of owning the wives still lingers.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Oshiomhole's Wedding by midolian(m): 6:16pm On May 15, 2015
moneya:

cause she looked like obj, the lip and the shape of her head grin
Exactly cheesy cheesy
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Oshiomhole's Wedding by Gamesmart: 6:21pm On May 15, 2015
It is sadly more "culturally acceptable" for men to remarry after the death of a spouse than it is for female peers.

I didn't know people were putting guns to the heads of the women not to remarry.

Nonsense!

Don't take you life in your hands and be blaming men.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Oshiomhole's Wedding by tete7000(m): 6:22pm On May 15, 2015
Pavore9:
Well, kinda of true. ln some places in Nigeria, if a widow with kids who is in her 40's wants to re-marry, come and see family meetings on top her head, some even with the accusations of her killing her late husband flying around! sad sad sad

And how did you conclude that Oshiomole didn't face opposition in remarrying? What of all the countless insinuations even here on nairaland that the girl married him for money? You don't think that's enough to make the marriage dead on arrival? My brother marital vow is till death do or part. Widows or widowers who found love after the death of their spouse are free to remarry. No one needs to mind what people say or not say so far you are doing right, people will always talk. All one needs is a peace with God, don't in quest for marriage commit adultery and from Christianity point of view, adultery means marrying someone whose spouse is still living, divorced or not!.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Oshiomhole's Wedding by kay1one2(m): 6:27pm On May 15, 2015
cramjones:
Thank you, my sister and friend - madam due process! Very true!

I am never amazed by the stupidity and jealousy of Nigerians. Oshiomole lost his dear wife from cancer 5 years ago and got remarried yesterday.

- If he was "playing" around without getting married, Nigerians will talk

- If he married a not so beautiful woman Nigerians will talk

- If His wedding was very expensive, Nigerians will criticize

- If the wedding was not so expensive, Nigerians will criticize

- If he married his age mate Nigerians will criticize

- Even if she loves him genuinely, Nigerians will say love of money

Why can't we let the man be? Why are Nigerians this stupiid?

Again, for the trekkers, and for those on twitter and facebook criticizing Oshiomole exhibiting the pangs of joblessness and chronic unemployment that has plagued our youths. GMB has a lot to do to help these jobless youths get their hands busy!

-CramJones

Yet another product of severe boredom.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Oshiomhole's Wedding by Koolking(m): 6:32pm On May 15, 2015
Did Ezekwesili said 'Oshiomole found love again?. Geez! It morally justifiable to say 'the bride found money again'. She just walked into privileges
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Oshiomhole's Wedding by 989900: 6:35pm On May 15, 2015
Although, I rarely agree with her, but she is right.

Both men and women have got advantages in different areas -- in this case, the man's got the advantage.

By and large, it is not a democracy; men and women are not equal -- women are the more privileged. . . we work for them, fight for them, about everything for them, cause that gives joy to the male animal/human.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Oshiomhole's Wedding by repogirl(f): 6:43pm On May 15, 2015
When one yarns about almost everything, it gets to a point one begins to misyarn.

It isn't any culturally accepted nonsense, most times women choose to focus on their kids because its hard finding a man who would commit to a family especially if the kids are young and more than one or two. Some women are lucky to find love again.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Oshiomhole's Wedding by ike42face(m): 6:49pm On May 15, 2015
maggilove:
The man tried, five years no be joke.

Five years of Kpocraching all the Ekpoma, BIU and Uniben Student....
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Oshiomhole's Wedding by okiezman(m): 6:51pm On May 15, 2015
bigtt76:
This woman shaaa must get something tok undecided Remarrying is everyone's choice. Some women don't just like the idea or better still scared of what people would say about it. The strong ones amongst them do remarry.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Oshiomhole's Wedding by Pavore9: 7:11pm On May 15, 2015
tete7000:

And how did you conclude that Oshiomole didn't face opposition in remarrying? What of all the countless insinuations even here on nairaland that the girl married him for money? You don't think that's enough to make the marriage dead on arrival? My brother marital vow is till death do or part. Widows or widowers who found love after the death of their spouse are free to remarry. No one needs to mind what people say or not say so far you are doing right, people will always talk. All one needs is a peace with God, don't in quest for marriage commit adultery and from Christianity point of view, adultery means marrying someone whose spouse is still living, divorced or not!.

l did not conclude on Oshiomole but you would agree with me it easier for a widower than for a widow when it comes to second marriage, Yes l do agree with you that one should not live their lives with fear of what people would say as long as you are at peace with God and Christianity do encourage re-marrying when one has lost their partner to death,

l remember, a woman who lost her husband in 2007, after 8 years of marriage and had 2 children with her late husband. In 2013, she informed her husband's family of her intention to re-marry and also relocate to Canada with her then soon to be husband and also the children who the man had whole-heartedly accepted to play a fatherly role in their lives. The family was not happy and insisted she must leave the children with them to which the woman refused, stating she can not leave her children in Nigeria while she is in Canada and it was not as if it she was going to change the children surname. lt took the intervention of the woman's Parish Priest for the issue to be resolved and it was not as if the husband's family have been involved in their upkeep since his demise.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Oshiomhole's Wedding by Nobody: 7:12pm On May 15, 2015
Nothing strange about that now.
Men typically still crave sex at advanced age and they desire a regular/available on demand partner while women's sex drive fizzles out and like someone said women are closer to their kids and want to focus attention on them instead of another man.
What's the point in remarrying? I don't think any woman would want to be bogged down with some sex obsessed, submission demanding, ego maniac at old age anyways.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Oshiomhole's Wedding by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 15, 2015
BboyChinon:
Operator take down this post. The writer is misinterpreting what Oby Ezekwesili said because I actually followed this tweet session.

grin grin grin
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Oshiomhole's Wedding by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 15, 2015
Ezenwammadu:

lol..she is not a widow.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Oshiomhole's Wedding by Realist2: 7:16pm On May 15, 2015
midolian:
shocked shocked ..Then there is a problem.

I learnt she is a transgendered
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Oshiomhole's Wedding by Mbediogu(m): 7:16pm On May 15, 2015
[quote author=modestbrowser post=33769651]Honestly I couldn't comprehend what he was saying.

https://twitter.com/obyezeks/status/599209297889886208[/

Na Adams fine pass that ugly Ethiopean woman. Check their noses and teeth and report back. (hides under grandpa's table).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Edgal Imohimi And Ali Janga's Ranks Reverted By Police Service Commission / Sule Lamido: Peter Obi, Doyin Okupe Are Alive To Attest To What I Told Them / Stop Adding To Our Problems, Give Us A Little Respect - Soldier Warns Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.