Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,877 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. (53624 Views)

Am Troubled About Today's Marriage Pls Pray 4 Matrimonial Homes, B4 U Pray4 Nig. / How Applicable Is ' Okafor's Theory ' In Today's Marriage? / Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Tallesty1(m): 9:36am On May 17, 2015
VictoriaBee:

Engaged tongue
Picture of the ring and him on one knee or 4get it.

2 Likes

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Nobody: 9:37am On May 17, 2015
Tallesty1:
Picture of the ring and him on one knee or 4get it.
lol
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Nobody: 10:49am On May 17, 2015
Bibol:

My sister, I had to quote your long post just to type this;

YOU GET BRAIN!
smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Moana(f): 11:19am On May 17, 2015
Ceeesaw:

I can go on and on about misconstrued feminism. The worst part of it this days is dat children bear the consequences. They are left in the hands of wicked house help because the mother has gone to pursue her useless dream. Somebody once asked 'who made the rule that women are more responsible for the kids?' My answer was simple.. The fact that the baby grew in your belly and that the breastmilk is on your chest is enough reason
are these not the same women who go around being everyone else's headache when their husband dies and cannot take care of their kids financially because they felt following ones dreams is useless? Will they not be the same women who will expect another woman' s tax money help them take care of their kids when they become widows.
Feminism has never asked any woman to neglect her primary duty towards their children. Why the fvck do you think there is maternity leave if the aim is make sure women neglect their motherly duty?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Moana(f): 11:39am On May 17, 2015
I cant help but laugh at the OP's idea of feminism. Its pretty much like saying Abu Bakr and Mohammed Khatami practice and believe in the same muslim doctrines.

You cannot even get the definition of feminism right, why bother ourselves with people who would rather bask in the glory of their ignorance.

10 Likes

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 17, 2015
Moana:
are these not the same women who go around being everyone else's headache when their husband dies and cannot take care of their kids financially because they felt following ones dreams is useless? Will they not be the same women who will expect another woman' s tax money help them take care of their kids when they become widows.
Feminism has never asked any woman to neglect her primary duty towards their children. Why the fvck do you think there is maternity leave if the aim is make sure women neglect their motherly duty?

I was kinda expecting this reply lol.. Anway in whatever we do in this world we have to apply tact and intelligence. Circumstances are different. I dont expect a woman with an irresponsible man who doesnt provide her children's needs to sit and watch. Some women even have to work to supplement their husbands income. When I talk about women pursuing useless dreams, am refering to women who have nyz husbands that provide for them but still go on to take up jobs and careers that take 90 percent of their time just to measure up to their husbands. Husband is pursuing career, wife is pursuing career, who is pursuing the children?

A good number of boys had their first sexuall experience with housemaid. Some young girls are being molested on a daily basis without thier mother noticing anything. If this is the case then the dream is useless. Why birth children and not take care of them.

The maternity leave you are talking about is for how long?. Highest 4 months. So a woman will now leave a 4 month old baby with a stranger and be pursuing carr what. If you want to be a career woman then leave the children alone. Pursue the career very well before giving birth. You cant put two hands in your mouth at the same time.

Let me not even enter into the health implications of childbirth mixed with consistent hustling. Especially here in africa where one woman can birth up to 5kids. A woman will now be stressn just to drag with her husband

There are jobs that give women liberty of time to atleast have time to monitor their children. You might not be able to climb the professional ladder quick but alst the woman is making some cash and is not idle. Striking the right balance is key.

We just have to set our priorities straight and not get confused.

Plus the problem is not Feminism but the new meaning that people have given it today(misconstrued)

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Moana(f): 12:48pm On May 17, 2015
Ceeesaw:

I was kinda expecting this reply lol.. Anway in whatever we do in this world we have to apply tact and intelligence. Circumstances are different. I dont expect a woman with an irresponsible man who doesnt provide her children's needs to sit and watch. Some women even have to work to supplement their husbands income. When I talk about women pursuing useless dreams, am refering to women who have nyz husbands that provide for them but still go on to take up jobs and careers that take 90 percent of their time just to measure up to their husbands. Husband is pursuing career, wife is pursuing career, who is pursuing the children?
i will ask you again if that husband dies will Amadioha take care of the mortagage, utility bills, school fees and the daily upkeep of the family?
Or if the husband becomes disabled and declared unfit to work na Holy Ghost go put food on their table? Ifa will pay for his medical bills if he is dismissed from work? undecided

A good number of boys had their first sexuall experience with housemaid. Some young girls are being molested on a daily basis without their mother noticing anything. If this is the case then the dream is useless.
do these women work 24/7 or they work an 8hr day and still make time to help their kids with homework and put them to sleep? Do they not put time to bond with their family during weekends and holidays?

Why birth children and not take care of them.
working so you can afford a better school for your child is not taking care of them? Making your female children believe that they do not have to independent, all they just have to do is land themselves a husband who will take care of them and all their burdens, is the correct way of bringing up your child abi?

The maternity leave you are talking about is for how long?. Highest 4 months. So a woman will now leave a 4 month old baby with a stranger and be pursuing carr what.
Children have been raised that way since the 20th century, how come majority still grow up to be respectable successful people?

If you want to be a career woman then leave the children alone. Pursue the career very well before giving birth. You cant put two hands in your mouth at the same time.
explain how mordern working class women are doing it if its not possible? undecided

Let me not even enter into the health implications of childbirth mixed with consistent hustling. Especially here in africa where one woman can birth up to 5kids. A woman will now be stressn just to drag with her husband
I did not get a degree to compete with my husband i did it because i have a passion for the real estate industry and i want to be able to raise my kids up get a good education so they can make something of themselves.
Who goes to school for over 15yrs of her life just to compete with her husband? If you feel you lack talent and the best you can do is sit at home and wait for someone else to give you money to buy yourself damn underwear, by all means do it. But dont condemn everyone other woman because you lack something that they have.

There are jobs that give women liberty of time to atleast have time to monitor their children. You might not be able to climb the professional ladder quick but alst the woman is making some cash and is not idle. Striking the right balance is key.
and if her passion is to be a Govenor and not a garri dealer? undecided

We just have to set our priorities straight and not get confused.
so because other women's priorities are different that gives you every right to condemn their lifestlye because they are not following your footsteps?
Do you not enjoy all those nollywood movies with those female actresses you watch sunday to Sunday?
Do you not learn anything from the Baby Health magazines that you read that are published by the same women who juggle work,marriage and kids?

Is it not part of another working class woman's tax money that you enjoy everytime you drive on a good road?

Plus the problem is not Feminism but the new meaning that people have given it today(misconstrued)
this i agree with.

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 17, 2015
Moana:
i will ask you again if that husband dies will Amadioha take care of the mortagage, utility bills, school fees and the daily upkeep of the family?
Or if the husband becomes disabled and declared unfit to work na Holy Ghost go put food on their table? Ifa will pay for his medical bills if he is dismissed from work? undecided

do these women work 24/7 or they work an 8hr day and still make time to help their kids with homework and put them to sleep? Do they not put time to bond with their family during weekends and holidays?

working so you can afford a better school for your child is not taking care of them? Making your female children believe that they do not have to independent, all they just have to do is land themselves a husband who will take care of them and all their burdens, is the correct way of bringing up your child abi?

Children have been raised that way since the 20th century, how come majority still grow up to be respectable successful people?

explain how mordern working class women are doing it if its not possible? undecided

I did not get a degree to compete with my husband i did it because i have a passion for the real estate industry and i want to be able to raise my kids up get a good education so they can make something of themselves.
Who goes to school for over 15yrs of her life just to compete with her husband? If you feel you lack talent and the best you can do is sit at home and wait for someone else to give you money to buy yourself damn underwear, by all means do it. But dont condemn everyone other woman because you lack something that they have.

so because other women's priorities are different that gives you every right to condemn their lifestlye because they are not following your footsteps?
Do you not enjoy all those nollywood movies with those female actresses you watch sunday to Sunday?
Do you not learn anything from the Baby Health magazines that you read that are published by the same women who juggle work,marriage and kids?

Is it not part of another working class woman's tax money that you enjoy everytime you drive on a good road?

this i agree with.
My dear you have written plenty things, I dont have the luxury of time to reply them one after the other.. I am not condemning anybody for setting a different piority from mine. Am condemning not setting piorities at all. Giving birth and to 5 kids and working 12 hours a day. I am condemning women that neglect their children not women that are able to strike the right balance.
And u mentioned following my footsteps.. what do u know is my footstep? Do u know if am a career woman myself?
A lot of women dont even know about the health magazines that help women maintain a healthy life and manage stress after childbirth. I know a lot of women who work just so that they can drag with their husbands and compete with other women too.

Anyway circumstances are different like i said earlier
What works for one person may not work for another. Some men are even willing to slowdown on their career for there wives to takeoff . That one works for some ppl too. For me if you give birth to a child take care of him or her if not leave children alone. When two elephants battle the grass suffer. Grass here being the kids.

Anway maybe u didnt understand my previous post cause am just elaborating on what I said earlier. The neglect for kids is what I condemn. Striking the right balance is key, hence the women u mentioned that are able to juggle both and their kids dont suffer d consequences.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Nobody: 2:12pm On May 17, 2015
Moana:

If you feel you lack talent and the best you can do is sit at home and wait for someone else to give you money to buy yourself damn underwear, by all means do it. But dont condemn everyone other woman because you lack something that they have.

This part had me laughing tho grin. If only......... Now u are outrightly condemning housewives saying they dont have talents thats why they chose to stay home. Act what you preach sister.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by ihedinobi2: 3:46pm On May 17, 2015
I think that one big spoiler of marriage is lack of communication or miscommunication. It's easy to assume things and the danger of assumption is worsened when people aren't really talking. It requires bravery to tackle issues head on and may not even always be wise (although I'm not sure when it isn't), but when a couple are talking especially respectfully and with the confidence that they are "in it together" they can be in clear agreement about everything and avert the trouble that comes with making false assumptions.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Ewuro4: 4:55pm On May 17, 2015
Op and bygala's posts , I very much agree with. All of 'em

Another one is Respect, that's the number one factor we mostly crave in marriages.
Spouses will go an extra mile for each other provided they're respected. I treat my husband like a king, I mostly leave our friend jaw hanging when they witness the star treatment he gets from me. And guess what, I'm treated same way too. Yoruba adage says'inu didun lon mori yiya'.

Outsiders (inlaws ,friends) will emulate your better half's representation of you.

Ceeesaw's most of it except the housewifery championing and Career women beat down part.

Moana.. I very much agree with all your posts, another one from me will be a repetition. Go girl. I love your spirit.

I worked approx. 60hrs last week alone, and my kids are pros in their individual sports , one Spelling bee champion and a proud mom of a gifted child. I don't think IF my busy schedule had a bad effect on them , they'll turn out this way-Great.

Championing lazy bones is not a way to go ... Let women stop using their kids as a lame excuse to watch Telemondo grin

#Going to church then to Chucky cheese , Ciao!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 17, 2015
Ewuro4:
Op and bygala's posts , I very much agree with. All of 'em

Another one is Respect, that's the number one factor we mostly crave in marriages.
Spouses will go an extra mile for each other provided they're respected. Outsiders (inlaws ,friends) will emulate your better half's representation of you.

Ceeesaw's most of it except the housewifery championing and Career women beat down part.

Moana.. I very much agree with all your posts, another one from me will be a repetition. Go girl. I love your spirit.

I worked approx. 60hrs last week alone, and my kids are pros in their individual sports , one Spelling bee champion and a proud mom of a gifted child. I don't think IF my busy schedule had a bad effect on them , they'll turn out this way-Great.

Championing lazy bones is not a way to go ... Let women stop using their kids as a lame excuse to watch Telemondo grin

#Going to church then to Chucky cheese , Ciao!
more like child neglect beatdown.

1 Like

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 17, 2015
At this point I have to say that reading and comprehension is a serious problem. My stand was pretty much clear in all my writeups.. #child neglect. Whether u are watchn telemundo and neglecting them or working and neglecting them.. neglect is neglect..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Vikky014(f): 5:40pm On May 17, 2015
nice one tallesty1
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 17, 2015
The only valid point you made is number 3. . . FEMINISM!!!

That is the cause of all the problems in this country and the world at large. From terrorism to corrupt government officials to fuel scarcity, epileptic power supply, bad roads, you just name it. . . All can be traced to feminism.

It's really the worst thing that can happen to humanity. Really. . .

3 Likes

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by freshvine(f): 11:09pm On May 17, 2015
Ceeesaw:
At this point I have to say that reading and comprehension is a serious problem. My stand was pretty much clear in all my writeups.. #child neglect. Whether u are watchn telemundo and neglecting them or working and neglecting them.. neglect is neglect..

I totally understand your point from the get go but I wonder why the feminine champions are twisting it.

2 Likes

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Nobody: 12:22am On May 18, 2015
Phema:

That is the cause of all the problems in this country and the world at large. From terrorism to corrupt government officials to fuel scarcity, epileptic power supply, bad roads, you just name it. . . All can be traced to feminism.

are you been sarcastic or are you for real?

If you are serious then can you list out reason why feminism is the worst thing to have happened to humanity?

I would like to learn smiley
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Nobody: 1:47am On May 18, 2015
bangleslover:
are you been sarcastic or are you for real?

If you are serious then can you list out reason why feminism is the worst thing to have happened to humanity?

I would like to learn smiley

Well, since they have refused to take responsibility for their actions/inactions and would rather attribute any negative thing that happens in marriage to feminism, we can as well take it a notch higher to other facets of life. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Richy4(m): 2:01am On May 18, 2015
Technology has destroyed marriages more than what you listed
how many times has a man found what he shouldn't have seen on the wife's phone.
or how many time has a woman seen the worst on her man's phone.

FB is another thing that is setting marriages ablaze. All this means of communication has made it easy to cheat.

In the olden days, not that there was no cheating but it was not common. Some times if the news get to either of the spouse, he/ she will say it was a" hear say".
But this days, you just Google secret agent and send him or her loose on the man or the woman.....

1 Like

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by cococandy(f): 2:48am On May 18, 2015
You go soon tire to educate ignorant nairalanders always ranting about shyte at every opportunity they get
Moana:

4 Likes

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by cococandy(f): 2:51am On May 18, 2015
Phema:

grin
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Tallesty1(m): 4:46am On May 18, 2015
Moana:
I cant help but laugh at the OP's idea of feminism. Its pretty much like saying Abu Bakr and Mohammed Khatami practice and believe in the same muslim doctrines.

You cannot even get the definition of feminism right, why bother ourselves with people who would rather bask in the glory of their ignorance.
There's nothing like "The op's idea of feminism". What I have up there is what feminism has become; Anti-family.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Tallesty1(m): 4:49am On May 18, 2015
Vikky014:
nice one tallesty1
Thank You
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Tallesty1(m): 4:50am On May 18, 2015
freshvine:

I totally understand your point from the get go but I wonder why the feminine champions are twisting it.
Feminism is out to twist.

I enjoy their rantings thou

2 Likes

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Tallesty1(m): 4:57am On May 18, 2015
Phema:

Well, since they have refused to take responsibility for their actions/inactions and would rather attribute any negative thing that happens in marriage to feminism, we can as well take it a notch higher to other facets of life. grin
@Emboldened.........Is feminism the only thing you saw in the post? Or do you lack the ability to read and understand.

Are you saying that feminism is 100% good?

1 Like

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Nobody: 5:18am On May 18, 2015
Tallesty1:
@Emboldened.........Is feminism the only thing you saw in the post? Or do you lack the ability to read and understand.

Are you saying that feminism is 100% good?

No. It is 100% bad!

Remember I said it is the worst thing that can happen to humanity?

cheesy cheesy
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Moana(f): 5:20am On May 18, 2015
Tallesty1:
There's nothing like "The op's idea of feminism". What I have up there is what feminism has become; Anti-family.
like i said basking in the glory of your ignorance
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Nobody: 5:24am On May 18, 2015
cococandy:
grin

grin grin grin

I swear, that feminism is bad gan. Kept me awake most of the night nursing my baby. Feminism! SMH sad grin

Hope you are doing alright?
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by cococandy(f): 5:55am On May 18, 2015
Phema:

grin grin grin

I swear, that feminism is bad gan. Kept me awake most of the night nursing my baby. Feminism! SMH sad grin

Hope you are doing alright?

doing great darl.

And our little one?
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Nobody: 6:48am On May 18, 2015
cococandy:
doing great darl.

And our little one?

Very well dear.

Goodnight.

1 Like

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Nobody: 7:16am On May 18, 2015
freshvine:

My dear.. women get pretty defensive when ever the issue of child neglect is brought up. I understand its a touchy topic. Everybody wants to claim super mum.

Am a super mummy too grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Ewuro4: 5:48pm On May 18, 2015
Ceeesaw:

My dear.. women get pretty defensive when ever the issue of child neglect is brought up. I understand its a touchy topic. Everybody wants to claim super mum.
Am a super mummy too grin grin

wow ... In 2015?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Have Been Having Sex With Your Husbands: 15-Year-Old Girl Who Slept With 3 Men / Help! I Just Got My Colleague At Work Pregnant / 'I Do All The Underwear Shopping For Her';Man Who Loves To Package His Wife.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.