Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. (53575 Views)

Am Troubled About Today's Marriage Pls Pray 4 Matrimonial Homes, B4 U Pray4 Nig. / How Applicable Is ' Okafor's Theory ' In Today's Marriage? / Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by uniquebony(f): 5:50am On Nov 08, 2015
Keeping secret is worst and the highest level of deceit.
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by moscobabs(m): 6:08am On Nov 08, 2015
This is the type of Topic we need on front page op God bless u
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by anwo247: 6:38am On Nov 08, 2015
Ceeesaw:
I agree with your write up entirely, except for one. Feminism advocates for equal rights of men and women. Its a movement to stop the oppression of women, domestic violence and marginalisation of women. Feminism does not preach that all men are beasts or evil..

Unfortunately a lot of women have done despicable things to their husbands and marriages under d guise of feminism. They have so misunderstood the original teaching of that movement. A woman will not cook food and keep at home before running off to work and then claim she is pursuing her dreams. Some women will insult and humiliate their husband in public in the name of being equal to him.

So the problem is misunderstood Feminism.

You didn't disagree with the OP, you actually agreed. Misunderstood feminism, is a kind of feminism. A lot more are even practicing this kind than what it should be. Educating men and women equally is good enough but that would never convert a man to a woman. Marriage is between a man and a woman and not fellow women. In an effort to explain this natural creation to women, they see the men as bossy. How can the house girl ebthe one that will serve my food? Monday to Friday and spilling into weekends? I would rather remain bachelor.... some demand that you cook for them; try to marry me so i will be cooking for you in the name of equal rights!

The marriage of our parents were so successful because the women agreed to be women. And I asked my mum if she was happy with my dad or she was busy enduring him, she said she was very happy living with a man who is a man. Dad left 15yrs ago to the great beyond and mum still talks about him like daily basis even at 86yrs old! Feminism has robbed women of successful marriages.

1 Like

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by bummyla(m): 6:50am On Nov 08, 2015
When d man can no longer provide for d family as usual

A Good Wife Steps In! It Is A Partnership! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by anumide(f): 7:01am On Nov 08, 2015
unfortunately, bruised and battered women have given feminism a bad name. I am a feminist, and I don't hate men. No gender should look down on/disrespect the other.

3 Likes

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Kay17: 7:06am On Nov 08, 2015
There is the subtle assumption here that a marriage is an end and not a means to completeness and happiness.

If you dismiss that assumption, marriages will not matter that much especially when they are too troublesome.

2 Likes

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by 9jatatafo(m): 7:07am On Nov 08, 2015
Too much civilization is killing this generatation
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Kay17: 7:12am On Nov 08, 2015
To be sincere, feminists admire and love men. They want to be like men, they love the masculine swagger, their independence, freedom and their lack of guilt, hence the "equality demand".

Equal to them, means look like men.

But men don't want to be women even for just one day. washing dishes for life, can be horrible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by bummyla(m): 7:14am On Nov 08, 2015
My Friend Wants To Get Married To This Wonderful Lady, But She Lies A Lot! It Worries Us And Him! I Don't Want To Be Involved In Their Relationship But They Always Get Me Involved And My Friend Is Fond Of Blaming Me For Almost Every Wrong Decisions! So I Don't Want Him To Make Mistakes In His Marriage, Neither Do I Want To Be The Fall Guy In His Blaming Game! http://www.bummyla.com

But Lying To Your Spouse Is A NO!! NO!!!! For Me!
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Blackchainz: 7:28am On Nov 08, 2015
When the girl apply 2many make-up,after marriage the guy start seeing 2 different faces(fyn with make up) (wowo without make up)
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Tallesty1(m): 7:49am On Nov 08, 2015
misspicy:

please sister sorry i had to quote your whole post.......buh you stole my heart wink

can i marry you for my brother?

let op and d women with slave mentality continue to slave out their life.......whethrr they like it or not feminism has come to stay in nigeria grin and we will not stop until women achieve the highest peak eg a female president....what ya think cheesy
So you actually believed that no Nigeria man is fighting for his marriage?

That's a lie from pit of heal.

I am not shocked at because most feminist are from there.

Nobody is against feminism, we are unhappy with what it has become.

Lemme tell you something.

This feminism madness doesn't bother Nigerian men cause Nigerian women won't let it succeed.
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Tallesty1(m): 7:51am On Nov 08, 2015
bukatyne:
@Ceeesaw, good one.

@Tallesty:
What makes one marriage strong might break the other.
So your point in essence is that we should not right about what breaks the other because it makes one strong?

Sha, I am yet to see where domestic violence, cheating and slavery make a family strong.

1 Like

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Ojugunrege(f): 7:52am On Nov 08, 2015
Phema:

Well, since they have refused to take responsibility for their actions/inactions and would rather attribute any negative thing that happens in marriage to feminism, we can as well take it a notch higher to other facets of life. grin

Lolzzz...I just fell in love with you right there kiss; I love a good sense of humour with some dose of sarcasm.

Moana, go babe. You just won yourself a new fan!

1 Like

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 08, 2015
emotional immaturity! that's me
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Tallesty1(m): 8:34am On Nov 08, 2015
raayah:
I think we have confused American feminism with Nigerian (much needed) feminism.

I cannot believe that people are blaming feminist for rape occurrences. Maybe we should blame all Muslims for 9/11 attacks or all Christains should be blamed for Holocaust or All Africans as scammers but I digress.

With a snap of finger, your husband can decide to push you dependant woman and kids outt. You are entitled to zilch in this country.. No alimony no child support. All these men on nairaland will be the same to tell you why are you depending on your husband. Try being a widow in Nigeria.
I remember a story a young woman put on nairaland, she was in a dilemma, she earned 100k + health benefits for family monthly, husband earned 40k. She had run out of time for maternity leave. Her husband would never quit his job and if she quit her job, she would not afford rent or health insurance if said baby became sick. She hadn't found a nanny and she was in despair. The sensible thing would have been for her husband to quit his job , but NOT IN NIGERIA, you know men and their egos. We just consoled her in family section and gave little bits of advice. This is why most women in Nigeria have to work! Why are there married women with kids hawking pure water, why didn't they just sit in their husband's house? An insult to career women is an insult to all women who are suffering and saving to raise their kids.

How many of you have ever heard of men fighting for their marriage? None! Its only women fighting because they know that they are nothing without a man. How can you as an adult exist for someone else?

What about reproductive rights? Women have zilch in Nigeria. Try studying in a Nigerian university, you can be there for extra years just because you refuse to suck a man's dicck?

What about rape? A young 12 year old was continuously raped by a 70-something grandpa the other day. Nairaland said the girl was at fault because she collected money from the man. Some even said she seduced him. LOL.!!Even women were supporting.

What of domestic violence against women . One thread,a young courageous man stood in front of his abusive father who was hitting his mom and nairaland consensus was that the son should have done nothing because perhaps the woman Was NAGGING.
Now imagine if it was reversed, a woman slapped the man. In short, neighbours will gather and beat her down.

What about infidelity and infertility. Try being infertile in Nigeria, you will be laced with insults and called all kinds of names.

What about responsibility: An average 12 year old girl in Nigeria is cooking, fetching water. sweeping and washing everyone's clothes by hand giving her little time to study because you better train her for a man instead. The average 12 year old boy is washing cars at most. these man-banies then grow up and demand that women spoon-feed them daily because they have been trained that way. Your average married man cannot cook a pot of soup.

Can we stop people from being evil? NO!! But feminism seeks to educate people especially women that we have choices, we are not objects and we need to be treated fairly by men and the society
You made valid points there but it doesn't change the fact that women do hide under the cover of feminism to wreck marriages, and that is why it made the list.

In fact, the fact that you wrote this long epistle without acknowledging even in one sentence that Nigerian men do suffer from the hands of their women is the height of hypocrisy and another reason why feminism is said to be one sided which contradicts the equal right movement that they claim to fight for.

Talking about 12yrs old girls that take care of the household.

I started doing feminine domestic works when I was very small. My mom stopped cooking when I was 9 and the responsibility fell on me. I had an elder sister(rip) who was in school and I still cooked even when she was around.

I continued until I left home even though my younger sister and cousin were there but I didn't mind.

There's absolutely no domestic work meant for women that I didn't do while growing up and I know many of my male friends who did the same thing.

Just like I stated in my main post, which you also confirmed was right with this your comment that Nigeria feminism teaches women that they are in bondage which is not true.

Nigerian feminism do know acknowledge that men suffer from women.

They do not fight for equal rights for men and women and that's why it is being condemned.

You talk about men divorcing women but you never mentioned that women divorce men at will too.

Why haven't you feminist lots contacted the Nigeria Army to tell them to send more female soldiers to maidugri?

I hope you watched the video of Solange slapping Jayz.

That answers your question about men slapping women.

In Nigeria, women slap men at will because it is wrong to hit a woman.

Enough said.

1 Like

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by misspicy(f): 8:35am On Nov 08, 2015
Tallesty1:

This feminism madness doesn't bother Nigerian men cause Nigerian women won't let it succeed.
well if the madness don't bother you why do you keep listing it as a problem?

i don't know if you have time to spend but can you list the things feminism has become,what are your grievances against the movement...if you can take your time please enlighten me

2 Likes

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 08, 2015
misspicy:

i don't know if you have time to spend but can you list the things feminism has become,what are your grievances against the movement...if you can take your time please enlighten me

Hmmmm. Feminism.

I believe women should be where God actually wanted them to be (a support to their husbands). They should concentrate more on care for their family.
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by misspicy(f): 8:51am On Nov 08, 2015
anwo247:

You didn't disagree with the OP, you actually agreed. Misunderstood feminism, is a kind of feminism. A lot more are even practicing this kind than what it should be. Educating men and women equally is good enough but that would never convert a man to a woman. Marriage is between a man and a woman and not fellow women. In an effort to explain this natural creation to women, they see the men as bossy. How can the house girl ebthe one that will serve my food? Monday to Friday and spilling into weekends? I would rather remain bachelor.... some demand that you cook for them; try to marry me so i will be cooking for you in the name of equal rights!

The marriage of our parents were so successful because the women agreed to be women. And I asked my mum if she was happy with my dad or she was busy enduring him, she said she was very happy living with a man who is a man. Dad left 15yrs ago to the great beyond and mum still talks about him like daily basis even at 86yrs old! Feminism has robbed women of successful marriages.
i totally agree to disagree with you...i still believe the place of a woman is in her home but i have two questions for you

1)with the current economy situation of Nigeria do you still agree that your wife should perform her duties like your mother did while you go out and slave it out alone to fend for your family like your dad did?

2)your mum could be working at the time too but do you sincerely see the difference between then and now with the changes Nigeria has experienced over the years? eg the convinience of things then and how difficult they have become eg our way of life?

please provide answers for my questions then we can have a headway...

note do not derail just sincerely answer the questions

1 Like

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by MarieSucre(f): 8:52am On Nov 08, 2015
Tallesty1:
Feminism has never been for equality bro.

It is about improving the lives and statuses of women by degrading the lives and statuses of men. The feminist concept of “equality” only serves to provide a framework for feminism, and to brainwash other unfortunate people, especially men, to support it.

Every woman I have met who called herself a feminist was also a sexist. All of them.

Ever tried to mention men's inequalities to a feminist? She will call you a sexist misogynist pig for. Feminism just supports and fights for superiority of women to men nothing else.

Have you ever wondered why, in divorce cases, the mother gets custody and the father pays child support? Ever wondered why, when a girl sees a guy naked, he is arrested for indecent exposure, but when a guy sees a girl naked, he is arrested for being a peeping tom Equality My Foot.

How can feminism claim equality when thesame feminism under the guise of promoting equality, has succeeded in bringing bias back into the legal system by arguing that women are, in fact, not equal to men and should not be treated as such under the law.

Double standard everywhere.

Sha, whether they in or out for equality doesn't really matter to me but the fact that some people under the cover of feminism destroy home is a good reason to add it in my write up.

Thanks for contributingwink
Civil rights movement has never been for equality bro.

It is about improving the lives and statuses of blacks by degrading the lives and statuses of whites. The civil rights for blacks concept of “equality” only serves to provide a framework for blacks alone, and to brainwash other unfortunate people, especially whites, to support it.

Every blackman I have met who called himself a civil right activist was also secretly racist. All of them.

Ever tried to mention white's inequalities to a black who is a rights activist? He will call you a racist xenophobic white for Black civil activists just supports and fights for superiority of blacks to white nothing else.

Have you ever wondered why, in racism cases, the blacks gets to cry to the public and the whites gets to be the EVIL racist ? Ever wondered why, when a white policeman beats up a black guy, he is arrested for excessive use of force, but when a black guy beats up a white man he is only JUST arrested Equality My Foot.

How can black civil rights claim equality when the same Martin Luther King like ideology under the guise of promoting equality, has succeeded in bringing bias back into the legal system by arguing that blacks have been far more oppressed by whites for far too long hence not equal to whites in societal standings and should not be treated as such under the law.

Double standard everywhere.

Sha, whether they in or out for equality doesn't really matter to me but the fact that some people under the cover of civil rights for blacks destroy the society is a good reason to add it in my write up.

Self note---- *gasp* just imagine a society where we are treated with equal respect and consideration. What are those stupid blacks and of course WOMEN thinking. They are trying to bring change and we all know change is always bad. /s

repogirl
Ceeesaw
misspicy
Moana
Phema
cococandy
neocortex
bukatyne

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 08, 2015
Tallesty1:

There is no problem with feminism. But what this genearation has termed it to be is totally wrong.

1 Like

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by misspicy(f): 8:55am On Nov 08, 2015
PuciPrince:

Hmmmm. Feminism.

I believe women should be where God actually wanted them to be (a support to their husbands). They should concentrate more on care for their family.

that is the point and i swear i totally support this and wish for it,women should take up their roles as women and not fight to be superior like men or to men......

but does the current situation of Nigeria allow for this,is the economy in Nigeria right now allow this?

i see men as hypocrites,why? you want an independent woman that can help carter for the family and you still want her to also fully take her responsibility as a woman...is she a super being?

2 Likes

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 08, 2015
Ceeesaw:
I agree with your write up entirely, except for one. Feminism advocates for equal rights of men and women. Its a movement to stop the oppression of women, domestic violence and marginalisation of women. Feminism does not preach that all men are beasts or evil..

Unfortunately a lot of women have done despicable things to their husbands and marriages under d guise of feminism. They have so misunderstood the original teaching of that movement. A woman will not cook food and keep at home before running off to work and then claim she is pursuing her dreams. Some women will insult and humiliate their husband in public in the name of being equal to him.

So the problem is misunderstood Feminism.

Thanks I was about to take my time to explain why that part is wrong people often confuse misandrism for feminism

1 Like

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 08, 2015
misspicy:

that is the point and i swear i totally support this and wish for it,women should take up their roles as women and not fight to be superior like men or to men......

but does the current situation of Nigeria allow for this,is the economy in Nigeria right now allow this?

i see men as hypocrites,why? you want an independent woman that can help carter for the family and you still want her to also fully take her responsibility as a woman...is she a super being?

Misspicy grin

Can you highlight a few responsibilities of a woman that you think is too much for an independent woman
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by donlexph8(m): 9:11am On Nov 08, 2015
in the midst of scholars, so enjoying DX thread nd learning
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by raayah(f): 9:11am On Nov 08, 2015
Tallesty1:
You made valid points there but it doesn't change the fact that women do hide under the cover of feminism to wreck marriages, and that is why it made the list.

In fact, the fact that you wrote this long epistle without acknowledging even in one sentence that Nigerian men do suffer from the hands of their women is the height of hypocrisy and another reason why feminism is said to be one sided which contradicts the equal right movement that they claim to fight for.

Talking about 12yrs old girls that take care of the household.

I started doing feminine domestic works when I was very small. My mom stopped cooking when I was 9 and the responsibility fell on me. I had an elder sister(rip) who was in school and I still cooked even when she was around.

I continued until I left home even though my younger sister and cousin were there but I didn't mind.

There's absolutely no domestic work meant for women that I didn't do while growing up and I know many of my male friends who did the same thing.

Just like I stated in my main post, which you also confirmed was right with this your comment that Nigeria feminism teaches women that they are in bondage which is not true.

Nigerian feminism do know acknowledge that men suffer from women.

They do not fight for equal rights for men and women and that's why it is being condemned.

You talk about men divorcing women but you never mentioned that women divorce men at will too.

Why haven't you feminist lots contacted the Nigeria Army to tell them to send more female soldiers to maidugri?

I hope you watched the video of Solange slapping Jayz.

That answers your question about men slapping women.

In Nigeria, women slap men at will because it is wrong to hit a woman.

Enough said.

So all the posts reaching frontpage on nairaland about Nigerian men saying they will beat their wives on slightest provocation? Some even saying that they beat their wives? Or about women dying from DV? You haven't heard of situations where mothers/brothers/sisters in laws join in beating the wife? Yes I have heard and seen as a Nigerian woman.

This is why its a womens issue. Its very easy for men to say otherwise, deny these problems that women specifically face. Its easy for men to say " but I know how to boil rice" so these issues don't bother me. Your one or two examples does not invalidate the millions of women who are going through hell. Wives, mothers and sisters know how it is because women share within themselves.

Solange slapping Jayz is a very American issue. in America, they have surpassed feminism. This is why I stated that Nigerian feminism and American feminism are different in the beginning.
Women divorcing men in Nigeria is as rare as day. You will notice that the front page posts about Divorce in Nigeria are about very ridiculous reasons that no one can take . Look at examples.
https://www.nairaland.com/2713388/husband-fondles-19-year-old-daughters-breasts - husband seeking divorce (adultery )
https://www.nairaland.com/2700827/pastor-seeks-dissolution-32-year-marriage/ - husband seeking ddivorce (domestic violence)
https://www.nairaland.com/2680439/mother-7-impregnated-another-man - husband seeking divorce (adultery )
These posts were made in the last two weeks. These men seeking divorce are leaving for the same reason that they tell naija women to stay.

4 Likes

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by MarieSucre(f): 9:14am On Nov 08, 2015
Ceeesaw:

I know all u have said. That's why am trying to point out the original aim of that movement. Over the years a lot people have misunderstood it and adulterated it to suit their wickedness. They are no more seeking for equality they are seeking for superiority.

Thats why someone will now say there are different types of feminism. I believe in feminism if its helping out a woman that is being battered or raped. Or helping to educate parents to send their female child to school.

On the issue of equality. Equal rights,yes, men and women should have that.. but the two sexes are different in their abilities and strenghts. If only both men and women will accept their different roles on earth and stop trying to drag who is superior to the other..

And also the double standards thing annoys me the most about modern day feminism. If a man slaps a women everybody will condemn him some other men will even rush in her defence. But when a woman slaps a man he is expected to take it like a man. That just shows that we have accepted that women are weaker and need protection. The same woman tomorrow will be chanting equality.

Indeed the 2 sexes are different. And our difference have helped to move this planet forward together.

For instance here is another thing that is different. The Blacks and The Whites. We can talk about all the great civilizations the blacks have had before the white man came, or how Europe underdeveloped Africa(even though we were more active in selling our own kinsmen into slavery). In every other parameter Caucasian civilisations have trumped that of the negroes. If we were half as wise as they are we would have been the ones to build massive ships and conquer and colonize their land. And in 200+ years or more, with all we have plundered from them including slave labour, be more technologically advanced than they and be the ones to call them savages instead of the other way around, also name them the "dark" or "white continent" if you will.

But we didn't. Even till now(21st century) we are still almost as superstitious as our ancestors and can't get out society or economy right without their help. In America the highest statistics of crime rates is reported among the African American population. So let's say in all this they're superior to us in a lot of ways. In other words we are DIFFERENT. why then do blacks still insist on being treated with equality?

repogirl
Ceeesaw
misspicy
Moana
Phema
cococandy
neocortex
bukatyne

1 Like

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by misspicy(f): 9:15am On Nov 08, 2015
PuciPrince:

Misspicy grin

Can you highlight a few responsibilities of a woman that you think is too much for an independent woman
first of all what is an independent woman?

a woman who is capable to provide basic financial neccesity with little or no help from outside sources eg a man

now in the present day Nigeria and economy where everything is all about hustling to make ends meet eg long working hours,tedious nature of work etc which is the same thing men experience in order to make ends meet....

now woman are expected to come back from the same envoronment as the men and still fall back into all her duties as a woman with no help from an external source eg men?

sir is she a super being?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 08, 2015
misspicy:

first of all what is an independent woman?

a woman who is capable to provide basic financial neccesity with little or no help from outside sources eg a man

now in the present day Nigeria and economy where everything is all about hustling to make ends meet eg long working hours,tedious nature of work etc which is the same thing men experience in order to make ends meet....

now woman are expected to come back from the same envoronment as the men and still fall back into all her duties as a woman with no help from an external source eg men?

sir is she a super being?

I like that definition. So be my wife for today.

What her your basic needs?
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Tallesty1(m): 9:25am On Nov 08, 2015
misspicy:

It doesn't bother, I won't date a modern feminist because I don't pierce my body with many sorrows, remember I stated in my misconception thread that I don't want what will give me troubles in the future?. The goodnews is that a feminist won't like me too so it doesn't bother me.

I added it in my list because it is truly breaking marriages out there.

misspicy:
Thank you for turning the argument to a normal discussion, we would make more sense when we write to educate instead of to win.

I will be glad if you point out my mistakes because what I am going to write are my personal opinion, what I know, think and feel about feminism and y'know, I could be wrong.

Feminism, ie the first wave feminism unlike the modern day feminism fought for equal rights of women. It was purposeful and legitimate. They worked tirelessly for the rights of women. They wanted women to be seen not as man’s underlings, but as their equals in the eyes of the law.

That is the feminism we all will gladly support.

They stood for something that was right, they fought for voting rights, women's right to buy property and demanding that females not be treated like second class citizens.

But Today's Feminism? crycrycrycrycrycrycrycry.

Is all about victim mentality. They are daily promoting victim mentality, and blaming everyone else for their own problems. They want to do anything they wish but do not want to held responsible for their actions.

I remember a thread where I tried to raise an issue about educating girls on "anti-rape-defense". My dear come see bashing.

They said I was promoting rape and rape guilt in victims. I parked well.

Men do get raped but feminism blame them for it. They taunt and mock them and that's why it is difficult for men to report rape issues.

Modern day feminism is no longer about equality... It's about supremacy. Women used to fight for freedom and equality, but now they're looking for every possible means to unsurp power from men and trample on them. It is not wrong to assume that devil has taken over the movement.

The first movement fought for equal right but today's movement are on revenge mission.

It is full double standards. When a woman hits a man she is independent, yet when a man hits a woman he is a heartless bastard.

I think feminism has gradually turned to a hate group. It's not about equality anymore, now it's about gaining more benefits for women than that of men.

Feminism has become so complicated and messy that your feminism is not always my feminism. It has turned to a rude and nasty movement that is more interested in trashing people's views and opinions.

If the movement really accepts equality, then you and the girl that I quoted would not tell me that my views are wrong, you would accept it and let me be.sad

Most feminist I have chatted with on here are full of contradictions that do not align with feminist doctrine. Majority of them are just confused

Do you know why it seems like I abhor modern day feminism? It is because feminism has gone from creating more options for women to stereotyping what a women should be and do.

While a woman in the Middle East was stoned to death because her family objected to her marriage, some confused feminists of the free world were busy demanding that they be allowed to post pictures of their nipples on Instagram.

While bokoharam is forcing women into forced marriage and slavery, and sending them on suicide missions, feminists were busy demanding to be allowed to patrol the streets unclad.

There was a hashtag that trended on twitter sometime ago. #KillAllMen. It was a protest to stop men from spreading their legs in public buses and benches.

Feminist say they are not men hating group but that want to kill all men because a handful of them spread their legs on public benches.

Feminism movement have been altered and abused beyond repair.
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by misspicy(f): 9:28am On Nov 08, 2015
PuciPrince:

I like that definition. So be my wife for today.

What her your basic needs?

1)feeding

2)clothing

3)shelter

4)transportation
etc

note all this will be jointly used by her family so they can live if not in affluence but convinience

this are the same things a man should provide for which an average Nigerian man cannot do single handedly not because he doesnt want to buh because economy does not allow it therefore he needs help.

i can't marry a flirt sorry,am a jealous lover tongue
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by raayah(f): 9:32am On Nov 08, 2015
Tallesty1:
It doesn't bother, I won't date a modern feminist because I don't pierce my body with many sorrows, remember I started in my misconception thread that I don't want what will give me troubles in the future?. The goodnews is that a feminist won't like me too so it doesn't bother me.

I added it in my list because it is truly breaking marriages out there.

Thank you for turning the argument to a normal discussion, we would make more sense when we write to educate instead of to win.

I will be glad if you point out my mistakes because what I am going to write is are my personal opinion, what I know, think and feel about feminism and y'know, I could be wrong.

Feminism, ie the first wave feminism unlike the modern day feminism fought equal rights of women. It was purposeful and legitimate. They worked tirelessly for the rights of women. They wanted women to be seen not as man’s underlings, but as their equals in the eyes of the law.

That is the feminism we all will gladly support.

They stood for something, they fought for voting rights, women's right to buy property and demanding that females not be treated like second class citizens.

But Today's Feminism? crycrycrycrycrycrycrycry.

Is all about victim mentality. They are daily promoting victim mentality, and blaming everyone else for their own problems. They want to do anything they wish but do not want to held responsible for their actions.

I remember a thread where I tried to raise an issue about educating girls on "anti-rape-defense". My dear come see bashing.

They said I was promoting rape and rape guilt in victims. I parked well.

Men do get raped but feminism blame them for it. They taunt and mock them and that's why it is difficult for men to report rape issues.

Modern day feminism is no longer about equality... It's about supremacy. Women used to fight for freedom and equality, but now they're looking for every possible means to unsurp power from men and trample on them. It is not wrong to assume that devil has taken over the movement.

The first movement fought for equal right but today's movement are on revenge mission.

It is full double standards. When a woman hits a man she is independent, yet when a man hits a woman he is a heartless bastard.

I think feminism has gradually turned to a hate group. It's not about equality anymore, now it's about gaining more benefits for women than that of men.

Feminism has become so complicated and messy that your feminism is not always my feminism. It has turned to a rude and nasty movement that is more interested in trashing people's views and opinions.

If the movement really accepts equality, then you and the girl that I quoted would not tell me that my views are wrong, you would accept it and let me be.sad

Most feminist I have chatted with on here are full of contradictions that do not align with feminist doctrine. Majority of them are just confused

Do you know why it seems like I abhor modern day feminism? It is because feminism has gone from creating more options for women to stereotyping what a women should be and do.

While a woman in the Middle East was stoned to death because her family objected to her marriage, some confused feminists of the free world were busy demanding that they be allowed to post pictures of their nipples on Instagram.

While bokoharam is forcing women into forced marriage and slavery, and sending them on suicide mission, feminists were busy demanding to be allowed to patrol the streets unclad.

There was a hashtag that tended on twitter sometime ago. #KillAllMen. It was a protest to stop men from spreading their legs in public buses and benches.

Feminist say they are not men hating group but that want to kill all men because a handful of them spread their legs on public benches.

Feminism movement have been altered and abused beyond repair.

American feminism is radical. They have gone over-board and I don't even call myself a feminist anymore in North america because I cannot associate myself with such evil.
However Nigeria feminism is a whole different ball game
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by MarieSucre(f): 9:37am On Nov 08, 2015
Ceeesaw:

My dear you have written plenty things, I dont have the luxury of time to reply them one after the other.. I am not condemning anybody for setting a different piority from mine. Am condemning not setting piorities at all. Giving birth and to 5 kids and working 12 hours a day. I am condemning women that neglect their children not women that are able to strike the right balance.
And u mentioned following my footsteps.. what do u know is my footstep? Do u know if am a career woman myself?
A lot of women dont even know about the health magazines that help women maintain a healthy life and manage stress after childbirth. I know a lot of women who work just so that they can drag with their husbands and compete with other women too.

Anyway circumstances are different like i said earlier
What works for one person may not work for another. Some men are even willing to slowdown on their career for there wives to takeoff . That one works for some ppl too. For me if you give birth to a child take care of him or her if not leave children alone. When two elephants battle the grass suffer. Grass here being the kids.

Anway maybe u didnt understand my previous post cause am just elaborating on what I said earlier. The neglect for kids is what I condemn. Striking the right balance is key, hence the women u mentioned that are able to juggle both and their kids dont suffer d consequences.

Moana you must understand what Ceeesaw is saying. Once you win the DNA ticket of xy chromosome. You must tailor your ambition to your chromosome. An xy chromosome must only have dreams that concern her children and her husband.

When I was younger, my father did wet my interest with magazines about dinosaurs and ancient Egyptian mummys. The movies Indiana Jones and The Mummy movie series really were my Quran and my encyclopedia. I wanted to be an archaeologists. I saw myself relocating to Egypt in my 20's and exploring the pyramids. I consumed Nat Geographic magazines for breakfast and wanted to go work in labs housing ancient fossils. At teenage age I added love for the safari to it. Kenya, Namibia, Zimbabwe. The Outback of Australia which was the habitat of diverse. *sighs* those were the days.

So what happened... The "x" in that chromosome punctured a big hole in that dream on one end, the hole the size of a husband who I'll have to tailor my dreams(that's all they are now, just dreams) to his ambitions. The "y" punctured a children sized hole into the other end where society pushed through a mega-phone and yelled what a bad mother I would make. With no more air to hold it up it fluttered to the floor. I picked it up and tied it to my new ambitions. Which might probably end up being teaching(my previous ambition also involved teaching but teaching people about science and nature while also experiencing it).

Now that dream flutters in the wind anytime I discuss the future. A reminder of how stupid and naive I was not to cut my coat anccording to my cloth or in this case according to my chromosome.

So plss understand what Ceeesaw is saying sweetie.

repogirl
Ceeesaw
misspicy
Moana
Phema
cococandy
neocortex
bukatyne

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rukevwe Vivienne Ohwerhi's Daughter, Efeturi Saleisha Zino's 1st Birthday Photos / Help! I Just Got My Colleague At Work Pregnant / Where Are The Majority Of True Nigerian Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.