Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. (53570 Views)

Am Troubled About Today's Marriage Pls Pray 4 Matrimonial Homes, B4 U Pray4 Nig. / How Applicable Is ' Okafor's Theory ' In Today's Marriage? / Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 08, 2015
Moana:
are these not the same women who go around being everyone else's headache when their husband dies and cannot take care of their kids financially because they felt following ones dreams is useless? Will they not be the same women who will expect another woman' s tax money help them take care of their kids when they become widows.
Feminism has never asked any woman to neglect her primary duty towards their children. Why the fvck do you think there is maternity leave if the aim is make sure women neglect their motherly duty?

These are the same women who become nosy over involved mothers in law when their kids get married because the stayed at home the whole time with their kids. They had no 'useless' dreams to pursue.

5 Likes

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by raayah(f): 9:41am On Nov 08, 2015
anwo247:

You didn't disagree with the OP, you actually agreed. Misunderstood feminism, is a kind of feminism. A lot more are even practicing this kind than what it should be. Educating men and women equally is good enough but that would never convert a man to a woman. Marriage is between a man and a woman and not fellow women. In an effort to explain this natural creation to women, they see the men as bossy. How can the house girl ebthe one that will serve my food? Monday to Friday and spilling into weekends? I would rather remain bachelor.... some demand that you cook for them; try to marry me so i will be cooking for you in the name of equal rights!

The marriage of our parents were so successful because the women agreed to be women. And I asked my mum if she was happy with my dad or she was busy enduring him, she said she was very happy living with a man who is a man. Dad left 15yrs ago to the great beyond and mum still talks about him like daily basis even at 86yrs old! Feminism has robbed women of successful marriages.

I think people like you deliberately miss the point. In my issue about feminism, I never ever spoke about neglecting children or even spouse. I spoke about rape , domestic violence, education, child support for women's, reproductive rights and sexual harassment.
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Tallesty1(m): 9:42am On Nov 08, 2015
raayah:

So all the posts reaching frontpage on nairaland about Nigerian men saying they will beat their wives on slightest provocation? Some even saying that they beat their wives? Or about women dying from DV? You haven't heard of situations where mothers/brothers/sisters in laws join in beating the wife? Yes I have heard and seen as a Nigerian woman.

This is why its a womens issue. Its very easy for men to say otherwise, deny these problems that women specifically face. Its easy for men to say " but I know how to boil rice" so these issues don't bother you. [b]Your one or two examples does not invalidate the millions of women who are going through hell.[/b]Wives, mothers and sisters know how it is because women share within themselves.

Solange slapping Jayz is a very American issue. in America, they have surpassed feminism. This is why I stated that Nigerian feminism and American feminism are different in the beginning.
Women divorcing men in Nigeria is as rare as day. You will notice that the front page posts about Divorce in Nigeria are about very ridiculous reasons that no one can take . Look at examples.
https://www.nairaland.com/2713388/husband-fondles-19-year-old-daughters-breasts - husband seeking divorce (adultery )
https://www.nairaland.com/2700827/pastor-seeks-dissolution-32-year-marriage/ - husband seeking ddivorce (domestic violence)
https://www.nairaland.com/2680439/mother-7-impregnated-another-man - husband seeking divorce (adultery )
These posts were made in the last two weeks. These men seeking divorce are leaving for the same reason that they tell naija women to stay.
You will also make many mistakes if you try to judge Nigerian men by Topics that made front page.

Issues like that gives the highest traffic to celebrity and gossip blogs so they cook up some stories just to get traffic.

I am not in any way trying to present men as angels, hell NO.

I just want you to understand that anything a man can do, a woman can do it even better.

My teacher back then died from a kick that his wife placed on his groin.

What cause the fight?

Because he bathed with the water that wife wanted to use to bathe.

Did I say that all women are kunfu fighters looking for a husband to kick his balls?

NO.

I have made my point and I won't force you to agree with em but I want you to be fair in judgement.

My mother enjoyed and is still enjoying her marriage, my late sis enjoyed her own too, of all my married uncles, only one is complaining, my brother's marriage is not the best but they get along all the time so it is impossible to convince me that woman live in slavery and bondage.

Write from experience not online sources.

1 Like

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by misspicy(f): 9:44am On Nov 08, 2015
Tallesty1:
It doesn't bother, I won't date a modern feminist because I don't pierce my body with many sorrows, remember I stated in my misconception thread that I don't want what will give me troubles in the future?. The goodnews is that a feminist won't like me too so it doesn't bother me.

I added it in my list because it is truly breaking marriages out there.

Thank you for turning the argument to a normal discussion, we would make more sense when we write to educate instead of to win.

I will be glad if you point out my mistakes because what I am going to write are my personal opinion, what I know, think and feel about feminism and y'know, I could be wrong.

Feminism, ie the first wave feminism unlike the modern day feminism fought for equal rights of women. It was purposeful and legitimate. They worked tirelessly for the rights of women. They wanted women to be seen not as man’s underlings, but as their equals in the eyes of the law.

That is the feminism we all will gladly support.

They stood for something that was right, they fought for voting rights, women's right to buy property and demanding that females not be treated like second class citizens.

But Today's Feminism? crycrycrycrycrycrycrycry.

Is all about victim mentality. They are daily promoting victim mentality, and blaming everyone else for their own problems. They want to do anything they wish but do not want to held responsible for their actions.

I remember a thread where I tried to raise an issue about educating girls on "anti-rape-defense". My dear come see bashing.

They said I was promoting rape and rape guilt in victims. I parked well.

Men do get raped but feminism blame them for it. They taunt and mock them and that's why it is difficult for men to report rape issues.

Modern day feminism is no longer about equality... It's about supremacy. Women used to fight for freedom and equality, but now they're looking for every possible means to unsurp power from men and trample on them. It is not wrong to assume that devil has taken over the movement.

The first movement fought for equal right but today's movement are on revenge mission.

It is full double standards. When a woman hits a man she is independent, yet when a man hits a woman he is a heartless bastard.

I think feminism has gradually turned to a hate group. It's not about equality anymore, now it's about gaining more benefits for women than that of men.

Feminism has become so complicated and messy that your feminism is not always my feminism. It has turned to a rude and nasty movement that is more interested in trashing people's views and opinions.

If the movement really accepts equality, then you and the girl that I quoted would not tell me that my views are wrong, you would accept it and let me be.sad

Most feminist I have chatted with on here are full of contradictions that do not align with feminist doctrine. Majority of them are just confused

Do you know why it seems like I abhor modern day feminism? It is because feminism has gone from creating more options for women to stereotyping what a women should be and do.

While a woman in the Middle East was stoned to death because her family objected to her marriage, some confused feminists of the free world were busy demanding that they be allowed to post pictures of their nipples on Instagram.

While bokoharam is forcing women into forced marriage and slavery, and sending them on suicide missions, feminists were busy demanding to be allowed to patrol the streets unclad.

There was a hashtag that trended on twitter sometime ago. #KillAllMen. It was a protest to stop men from spreading their legs in public buses and benches.

Feminist say they are not men hating group but that want to kill all men because a handful of them spread their legs on public benches.

Feminism movement have been altered and abused beyond repair.

first of all i'd like to commend you for tjis insight,it is actually enlighten

@ the bolded i never said your views are wrong

i think you have actually diverted from your post...you mentioned feminism as one of the factors that destroy marriage but to me this piece you wrote her has not addressed how feminism is destroying marriage

i think some Nigerian men are just been egocentric and inconsiderate,why?

1)an average man today will say he wants an independent woman,a woman who can provide her own needs a also assist in the running of the home

2)for a woman to be independent she need to work in the same working conditions her partner is working yest she is expected to get back to her duties as a woman which should be top priority anyways

3)an average nigerian man is not willing to assist this same woman with this duties of hers because it is her duty and not his duty

to me this is where feminism come to play...why can't this same man who wants a woman to help provide basic needs of the family also help this woman do her duties as a woman by doing simply house chores like cooking,some men ask that why shoulsld a maid cook their food...please is a woman a super being?

i dont blame a man who wants to wife an independent woman because the economy is not helping matters and so this has become a neccesity....

i no our mothers did all this and more so as to keep the family running but sir do you want to compare their time with the present nigeria?

to me feminism had come to help a family move forward not destroy it like you opined

(this is feminism in regard to family not other factors)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Tallesty1(m): 9:44am On Nov 08, 2015
PuciPrince:

There is no problem with feminism. But what this genearation has termed it to be is totally wrong.
What people has turned it to is what necessitated its appearance in my post.
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 08, 2015
misspicy:

1)feeding

2)clothing

3)shelter

4)transportation
etc

note all this will be jointly used by her family so they can live if not in affluence but convinience

this are the same things a man should provide for which an average Nigerian man cannot do single handedly not because he doesnt want to buh because economy does not allow it therefore he needs help.

i can't marry a flirt sorry,am a jealous lover tongue

Good, those are basics. But where do we draw the line between to know when these basics become luxurious. I know of women who want to attend ceremonies and would buy aso-ebi of 50k like 3times in 2months and require their husbands to provide this. Will this be termed basics?

As for feeding, why will anyone marry a man who cant provide her food.

Shelter, you want to live in lekki while your husband can only afford houses in iyana ipaja.

On a monthly basis, if he agrees to give you 30k to take care of your basic needs (shelter and feeding exclusive - he provides that) and sets up a little business for you, is that enough so you can take your full responsibilities as a wife and mother?

BTW, who is a flirt undecided
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Tallesty1(m): 9:48am On Nov 08, 2015
misspicy:

first of all i'd like to commend you for tjis insight,it is actually enlighten

@ the bolded i never said your views are wrong

i think you have actually diverted from your post...you mentioned feminism as one of the factors that destroy marriage but to me this piece you wrote her has not addressed how feminism is destroying marriage

fone hanging am not tru yet will modify grin

Could you please read the question that I was trying to answer?

It is no longer part of my main thread.
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 08, 2015
Tallesty1:
What people has turned it to is what necessitated its appearance in my post.

For the sake of feminism, my ex expects us to do the dishes together when we get married. sad sad

Like seriously?
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by MarieSucre(f): 9:51am On Nov 08, 2015
Tallesty1:
It doesn't bother, I won't date a modern feminist because I don't pierce my body with many sorrows, remember I stated in my misconception thread that I don't want what will give me troubles in the future?. The goodnews is that a feminist won't like me too so it doesn't bother me.

Thank you for turning the argument to a normal discussion, we would make more sense when we write to educate instead of to win.

I will be glad if you point out my mistakes because what I am going to write are my personal opinion, what I know, think and feel about feminism and y'know, I could be wrong.

Feminism, ie the first wave feminism unlike the modern day feminism fought for equal rights of women. It was purposeful and legitimate. They worked tirelessly for the rights of women. They wanted women to be seen not as man’s underlings, but as their equals in the eyes of the law.

They stood for something that was right, they fought for voting rights, women's right to buy property and demanding that females not be treated like second class citizens.

Is all about victim mentality. They are daily promoting victim mentality, and blaming everyone else for their own problems. They want to do anything they wish but do not want to held responsible for their actions.

I remember a thread where I tried to raise an issue about educating girls on "anti-rape-defense". My dear come see bashing.

Men do get raped but feminism blame them for it. They taunt and mock them and that's why it is difficult for men to report rape issues.

Modern day feminism is no longer about equality... It's about supremacy. Women used to fight for freedom and equality, but now they're looking for every possible means to unsurp power from men and trample on them. It is not wrong to assume that devil has taken over the movement.

The first movement fought for equal right but today's movement are on revenge mission.

It is full double standards. When a woman hits a man she is independent, yet when a man hits a woman he is a heartless bastard.

I think feminism has gradually turned to a hate group. It's not about equality anymore, now it's about gaining more benefits for women than that of men.

Feminism has become so complicated and messy that your feminism is not always my feminism. It has turned to a rude and nasty movement that is more interested in trashing people's views and opinions.

If the movement really accepts equality, then you and the girl that I quoted would not tell me that my views are wrong, you would accept it and let me be.sad

Most feminist I have chatted with on here are full of contradictions that do not align with feminist doctrine. Majority of them are just confused

Do you know why it seems like I abhor modern day feminism? It is because feminism has gone from creating more options for women to stereotyping what a women should be and do.

While a woman in the Middle East was stoned to death because her family objected to her marriage, some confused feminists of the free world were busy demanding that they be allowed to post pictures of their nipples on Instagram.

While bokoharam is forcing women into forced marriage and slavery, and sending them on suicide missions, feminists were busy demanding to be allowed to patrol the streets unclad.

There was a hashtag that trended on twitter sometime ago. #KillAllMen. It was a protest to stop men from spreading their legs in public buses and benches.

Feminist say they are not men hating group but that want to kill all men because a handful of them spread their legs on public benches.

Quit generalizing. It gets tiring.

Do you know why Martin Luther King used nonviolence as his platform for the campaign for equal rights for blacks. It was because then there were also those who advocated for violence and carried out violent acts against whites and tried to use their vicrimhood as a justification for it. Does Malcolm X ring a bell? But does that mean that we write off the Civil Rights movement or that their grievances are not valid? Or that we should stop fighting for their rights.

Even today, there are many in the society and on the online community that believe that blacks pull the racism card far too often and are content to remain in victimhood. Again does that render invalid their grievances?

Nigerians are masters of victimhood. More than 50 years after the British have left, we still blame them for all our woes.

If you want to support Civil rights. Support it. If you want to support Equal rights. Support It. Stop nit-picking other people's arguments. Its time for you to pick.

repogirl
Ceeesaw
misspicy
Moana
Phema
cococandy
neocortex
bukatyne
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by sauceEEP(m): 9:56am On Nov 08, 2015
MarieSucre:

Do you know why Martin Luther King used nonviolence as his platform for the campaign for equal rights for blacks. It was because then there were also those who advocated for violence and carried out violent acts against whites and tried to use their vicrimhood as a justification for it. Does Malcolm X ring a bell? But does that mean that we write off the Civil Rights movement or that their grievances are not valid? Or that we should stop fighting for their rights.

Even today, there are many in the society and on the online community that believe that blacks pull the racism card far too often and are content to remain in victimhood. Again does that render invalid their grievances?

Nigerians are masters of victimhood. More than 50 years after the British have left, we still blame them for all our woes.

If you want to support Civil rights. Support it. If you want to support Equal rights. Support It. Stop nit-picking other people's arguments. Its time for you to pick.

Ceeesaw
misspicy
Moana
Am enjoying the arguments...
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by MarieSucre(f): 9:57am On Nov 08, 2015
Tallesty1:
You will also make many mistakes if you try to judge Nigerian men by Topics that made front page.

Issues like that gives the highest traffic to celebrity and gossip blogs so they cook up some stories just to get traffic.

I am not in any way trying to present men as angels, hell NO.

I just want you to understand that anything a man can do, a woman can do it even better.

My teacher back then died from a kick that his wife placed on his groin.

What cause the fight?

Because he bathed with the water that wife wanted to use to bathe.

Did I say that all women are kunfu fighters looking for a husband to kick his balls?

NO.

I have made my point and I won't force you to agree with em but I want you to be fair in judgement.

My mother enjoyed and is still enjoying her marriage, my late sis enjoyed her own too, of all my married uncles, only one is complaining, my brother's marriage is not the best but they get along all the time so it is impossible to convince me that woman live in slavery and bondage.

Write from experience not online sources.

Its not just the topics. Have you seen the comments that follow such a topic. It would be sad to say that only the 50 or so male respondents to such topics hold such denigrating views. But we both know it would be a lie. Such opinions are more widespread even offline than we would like to ourselves to believe.

repogirl
Ceeesaw
misspicy
Moana
Phema
cococandy
neocortex
bukatyne

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Tallesty1(m): 9:59am On Nov 08, 2015
PuciPrince:

For the sake of feminism, my ex expects us to do the dishes together when we get married. sad sad

Like seriously?
Tell her that the reason women foots are shorter than that of men is so that they can stand closer to the sinkgringringringringrin

Don't take me serious there.

Doing dishes, cooking, cleaning the house and washing clothes can be done by the two parties when there is genuine love, respect and understanding.

But the problem is that women always ask for more.

I could remember when I was serving my boss who's also a relation of mine.

When the wife gave birth to their first child, I asked the man to allow me to goan help the woman in the kitchen and other "baby" stuffs until her mother arrives.(neighbours do come to help her at times but they are not always available) he agreed but guess what happened when her mother came?

She wanted me to continue running errands like a boy of 11 for her.
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 08, 2015
Tallesty1:
Tell her that the reason women foots are shorter than that of men is so that they can stand closer to the sinkgringringringringrin

Don't take me serious there.

Doing dishes, cooking, cleaning the house and washing clothes can be done by the two parties when there is genuine love, respect and understanding.

But the problem is that women always ask for more.

I could remember when I was serving my boss who's also a relation of mine.

When the wife gave birth to their first child, I asked the man to allow me to goan help the woman in the kitchen and other "baby" stuffs until her mother arrives.(neighbours do come to help her at times but they are not always available) he agreed but guess what happened when her mother came?

She wanted me to continue running errands like a boy of 11 for her.

Ofcourse, its very reasonable to support. But when a woman needs to tell you before hand that you will b doing dishes together cheesy cheesy

Dont be surprised that one day in the midst of you family and friends, she ll com out of the d kitchen amd say "tallesty1" its your turn to wash the plates.

All this girls ehn.

I was tempted to ask if her dad do the washing of the plates in her own house.
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by MarieSucre(f): 10:08am On Nov 08, 2015
Tallesty1:
Listen.

I won't take down No2.

Maggi alone does not make a soup sweet but it contributes to the good taste the food will have when it's ready.

Same thing with salt and pepper but remove the three at once and you have a pot of crap instead soup.

People who had their first sex on their wedding night have greater chance of enjoying successful marriage compared to other bleepers.

And you got the scientifically accurate-worldwide vetted information from credible and independently verifiable sources?

In other words you asked every single person who did not get married to their first sexual partner. And you found out that their marriage is all in shambles. Their future broken. And they all have one way tickets to hell fire.

Well if Tallesty says it. Then it must be true.

Ceeesaw
misspicy
Moana
Phema
cococandy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Tallesty1(m): 10:13am On Nov 08, 2015
MarieSucre:

Do you know why Martin Luther King used nonviolence as his platform for the campaign for equal rights for blacks. It was because then there were also those who advocated for violence and carried out violent acts against whites and tried to use their vicrimhood as a justification for it.

Ceeesaw
misspicy
Moana
I am not generalizing, I made it clear that some people hide under cover of feminism to spread falsehood and wreck home which is what neccisated the inclusion of feminism as a factor that contributes to failures in today's marriage in my list.

Telling me to stop generalizing means that you at least agree that some of them are indeed ant-family which is exactly the point I have been trying to make.

There are pastors out there that are truly called by God and we have some that are wolves in sheep's clothing.

Should we then say that all of them were called by God because there are many that are truly called by God?

I am not against the feminists that fight for something worth fighting for but against those that hide under them to perpetrate evil.

Thank You.
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by misspicy(f): 10:13am On Nov 08, 2015
Tallesty1:
Could you please read the question that I was trying to answer?

It is no longer part of my main thread.
okay seen...then don't mix general deminism with how a family should be run or how feminism destroys it

i have modified my post
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by MarieSucre(f): 10:19am On Nov 08, 2015
jcmaiah:

Just as every citizen has equal rights, not every citizen are of equal ranks. The husband was ordered to head the family and their is nothing you or anybody can do to change that. America tried and their system is a mess.

Your head dey there. Nigeria is champion of civil rights and is rated among the most rights-conscious country in the world. All tribes are treated the same, all religions understand unity. But see America. Just shameful!! And there women are even beaten in their homes but no one can complain because she should have known better than to anger her husband. In fact can you imagine that marital rape is normal phenomenon there. Disgusting America. wait... sorry... I think I am talking about the wrong country.

repogirl
Ceeesaw
misspicy
Moana
Phema
cococandy
neocortex
bukatyne

1 Like

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Tallesty1(m): 10:25am On Nov 08, 2015
MarieSucre:

And you got the scientifically accurate-worldwide vetted information from credible and independently verifiable sources?
Which research have you seen that involved world vetted information from credible sources?

MarieSucre:

In other words you asked every single person who did not get married to their first sexual partner.
It is not necessary. If 2 out of hundred are complaining here then it is safe to conclude that 2 out a hundred are complaining somewhere. That's how such researches are carried out.

MarieSucre:
And you found out that their marriage is all in shambles. Their future broken. And they all have one way tickets to hell fire.
I will like to see where I said that all their marriages are in shambles, their future broken and their eternity will be spent in hell before I will reply you.
MarieSucre:

Well if Tallesty says it. Then it must be true.
If Tallesty says or when I say that Tallesty said?

Ceeesaw
misspicy
Moana
Phema
cococandy

[/quote]You don carry cocoacandy enter here?

Happy Sunday cocobaby gringringringringrin
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by MarieSucre(f): 10:26am On Nov 08, 2015
anwo247:

You didn't disagree with the OP, you actually agreed. Misunderstood feminism, is a kind of feminism. A lot more are even practicing this kind than what it should be. Educating men and women equally is good enough but that would never convert a man to a woman. Marriage is between a man and a woman and not fellow women. In an effort to explain this natural creation to women, they see the men as bossy. How can the house girl ebthe one that will serve my food? Monday to Friday and spilling into weekends? I would rather remain bachelor.... some demand that you cook for them; try to marry me so i will be cooking for you in the name of equal rights!

The marriage of our parents were so successful because the women agreed to be women. And I asked my mum if she was happy with my dad or she was busy enduring him, she said she was very happy living with a man who is a man. Dad left 15yrs ago to the great beyond and mum still talks about him like daily basis even at 86yrs old! Feminism has robbed women of successful marriages.

I notice there is a lot of fear here about "converting men to women" but not about converting "women to men".

Correct if I'm wrong pls, your comment is implying that it is a no-no if men take up traditional roles assigned to women like house chores including, cooking and catering for the children but a woman can and in the recent economic dispensation MUST get a job and contribute money to the family's up keep which is a traditionally male role?

Women can be take up male roles but men should never take up female roles. Got it!!! That makes total sense. /s

repogirl
Ceeesaw
misspicy
Moana
Phema
cococandy
neocortex
bukatyne

4 Likes

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by misspicy(f): 10:28am On Nov 08, 2015
PuciPrince:

Good, those are basics. But where do we draw the line between to know when these basics become luxurious. I know of women who want to attend ceremonies and would buy aso-ebi of 50k like 3times in 2months and require their husbands to provide this. Will this be termed basics?

if she can afford it whats stopping her? why is she independent, if her husband cannot provide it nothing she can do about it

As for feeding, why will anyone marry a man who cant provide her food
it is not about what a man can do or cannot do,it is about the resources available to do this things,which the woman is trying to boost by helping whether she likes it or not unless she wants to go hungry,yet is she not entitled to get help with her own duty too?

Shelter, you want to live in lekki while your husband can only afford houses in iyana ipaja
if she can help provide the house whats stoping her..does that mean her husband should not help her too?

On a monthly basis, if he agrees to give you 30k to take care of your basic needs (shelter and feeding exclusive - he provides that) and sets up a little business for you, is that enough so you can take your full responsibilities as a wife and mother?

to me if a man can adequately provide for his family...i dont think the woman should request any help from him in the home department because that is her duty and she has all the time in the world to do it because she is not working

to me men are against feminism in the family just because of their egocentric nature eg...

a man will say how me go dey cook,how my wife no go wash my cloth,how my wife go say make house girl cook my food...lubbish

BTW, who is a flirt undecided
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by misspicy(f): 10:31am On Nov 08, 2015
MarieSucre:

I notice there is a lot of fear here about "converting men to women" but not about converting "women to men".

Correct if I'm wrong pls, your comment is implying that it is a no-no if men take up traditional roles assigned to women like house chores including, cooking and catering for the children but a woman can and in the recent economic dispensation MUST get a job and contribute money to the family's up keep which is a traditionally male role?

Women can be take up male roles but men should never take up female roles. Got it!!! That makes total sense. /s

repogirl
Ceeesaw
misspicy
Moana
Phema
cococandy
neocortex
bukatyne
you dey mind them...some men are bunch of inconsiderate amd egocentric.....

and they are wicked too because i know God created a woman as a weaker vessel not a super being

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 08, 2015
MarieSucre:

Civil rights movement has never been for equality bro.

It is about improving the lives and statuses of blacks by degrading the lives and statuses of whites. The civil rights for blacks concept of “equality” only serves to provide a framework for blacks alone, and to brainwash other unfortunate people, especially whites, to support it.

Every blackman I have met who called himself a civil right activist was also secretly racist. All of them.

Ever tried to mention white's inequalities to a black who is a rights activist? He will call you a racist xenophobic white for Black civil activists just supports and fights for superiority of blacks to white nothing else.

Have you ever wondered why, in racism cases, the blacks gets to cry to the public and the whites gets to be the EVIL racist ? Ever wondered why, when a white policeman beats up a black guy, he is arrested for excessive use of force, but when a black guy beats up a white man he is only JUST arrested Equality My Foot.

How can black civil rights claim equality when thesame Martin Luther King like ideology under the guise of promoting equality, has succeeded in bringing bias back into the legal system by arguing that blacks have been far more oppressed by whites for far too long hence not equal to whites in societal standings and should not be treated as such under the law.

Double standard everywhere.

Sha, whether they in or out for equality doesn't really matter to me but the fact that some people under the cover of civil rights for blacks destroy the society is a good reason to add it in my write up.

Self note---- *gasp* just imagine a society where we are treated with equal respect and consideration. What are those stupid blacks and of course WOMEN thinking. They are trying to bring change and we all know change is always bad. /s

Lol you had me there at first. I was wondering if you are crazy then as I kept reading I thought no one can be this crazy and I realised you were being facetious.

Yes to all you have said. If i may speak for others I think all women want is a little reciprocity. Less burden on us. Most women are not militant feminist ( there is place for militant feminism though ). How can you say you love your wife and you overburden her with work. It's bloody hard work to care for a household and kids especially when they are young. Why leave her to do all and just sit on the sofa. A man should have things that are his responsibility to do around the house and not just when he feels like it

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 08, 2015
[quote author=misspicy post=39798749][/quote]

Hain! Housegirl cook for me? undecided
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by otiigba1(m): 10:37am On Nov 08, 2015
If una no like am, make una/ all of us turn gay/lesbians. Case closed! grin grin grin grin and all this feminism wahala go stop. Shikena! Na joke i dey joke o! cheesy grin
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by misspicy(f): 10:39am On Nov 08, 2015
PuciPrince:

Hain! Housegirl cook for me? undecided
yes because if you cant help your wife to cook and she has to contribute to help you,you have no choice than to eat housegirl food....otherwise your marriage is on a downward journey undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 08, 2015
Tallesty1:

Ok now I have an idea what you are talking about when you castigate feminism. Yes those are extreme views which to be honest are not applicable to nigeria and nigerian women. We no send about all that highly pc stuff. All we want is do your own part. Do Not beat us up no matter what. Do not put us down. Let us have a say. Make decisions that favor the whole family not just what is best for you.

All the stuff about women hitting men .I'm sorry I think it's very rare and if a woman hits a man then what she gets back is what she gets back.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by otiigba1(m): 10:42am On Nov 08, 2015
misspicy:

you dey mind them...bunch of inconsiderate amd egocentric men.....

and they are wicked too because i know God created a woman as a weaker vessel not a super being
i have been expecting you. With your men hating and generalising attitude, for some reason you seem to exclude your father and brothers from inconsiderate and egocentric wicked MEN!

Learn not to GENERALISE!
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by misspicy(f): 10:43am On Nov 08, 2015
otiigba1:
If una no like am, make una/ all of us turn gay/lesbians. Case closed! grin grin grin grin and all this feminism wahala go stop. Shikena! Na joke i dey joke o! cheesy grin
grin...

all this are caused hy changing times sir,if not me as a person i prefer to be a full housewife take care of my kids and husband but shey Nigeria economy go allow me? i have to go out there and assist my husband so that we will not go hungry,wetin husband suppose do? if not help me too so that i will not die before my time but no,husband wants to eat his cake and have it...

before he kill me,na me go kill am first undecided he must chop housegirl food or go hungry tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by misspicy(f): 10:45am On Nov 08, 2015
otiigba1:
i have been expecting you. With your men hating and generalising attitude, for some reason you seem to exclude your father and brothers from inconsiderate and egocentric wicked MEN!

Learn not to GENERALISE!
okay sir my bad grin

note: i dont hate men but i make mistake by generalising...

then and again can you be civil and cultured by facing me only and not my family?

if it is too difficult for you to do then don't quote me anymore
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Tallesty1(m): 10:46am On Nov 08, 2015
misspicy:
I think some Nigerian men are just been egocentric and inconsiderate, why?
Egocentric yes!

Inconsiderate, I am not aware.

I believe we are egocentered because an average Nigerian man wants to handle the financial problems in his family alone. They do ask for the woman's help occasionally though but that is only where there is no other better option.

Have you heard of the saying that a woman's money is her money but a husband's money is their own?

misspicy:
1)an average man today will say he wants an independent woman,a woman who can provide her own needs a also assist in the running of the home
It did not start today. Our mothers assisted their husbands in their own little.

An average Nigerian man wants a woman that can take care of her little financial needs. That is why you seem people send their wives to school, open business for them etc.

Which makes one wonder why feminist say that women are caged in marriage.

misspicy:
2)for a woman to be independent she need to work in the same working conditions her partner is working yest she is expected to get back to her duties as a woman which should be top priority anyways
There are decent works out there that a woman can do and still have time to take care of her other duties.

That's not even a problem in some homes because some husbands assist their women at home.

misspicy:
3)an average nigerian man is not willing to assist this same woman with this duties of hers because it is her duty and not his duty

to me this is where feminism come to play...why can't this same man who wants a woman to help provide basic needs of the family also help this woman do her duties as a woman by doing simply house chores like cooking,some men ask that why shoulsld a maid cook their food...please is a woman a super being?
I am not in support of men who do not assist their women at home. I am not married, I take care of my house alone, I do the cooking and laundry, cleaning and every other thing that needs to be done so if I marry a woman tomorrow, she's coming in to help me with works not to take over completely.

But there's a thing we both need to understand.

A man's primary duty is to provide for his household and A woman's primary duty is to take care of the home.

These things comes first before any other thing and should be considered before taking up a job.

A man that cleans and cooks but can not provide for his family is like to die early because he has failed his primary duty and the woman will remind him of that every now and then.

A woman that earns 1ml per month but cannot take care of her home children has failed her primary duty as well and will not be happy.

misspicy:
i dont blame a man who wants to wife an independent woman because the economy is not helping matters and so this has become a neccesity....
Not every successful woman is a feminist, hope you know?

i no our mothers did all this and more so as to keep the family running but sir do you want to compare their time with the present nigeria?

to me feminism had come to help a family move forward not destroy it like you opined

(this is feminism in regard to family not other factors)

[/quote]Feminism came to help improve lives of women but daughters of second timothy has hijacked it and turn it it a weapon of family destruction.

1 Like

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by MarieSucre(f): 10:48am On Nov 08, 2015
Tallesty1:
Which research have you seen that involved world vetted information from credible sources?

It is not necessary. If 2 out of hundred are complaining here then it is safe to conclude that 2 out a hundred are complaining somewhere. That's how such researches are carried out.

I will like to see where I said that all their marriages are in shambles, their future broken and their eternity will be spent in hell before I will reply you.If Tallesty says or when I say that Tallesty said?

Ceeesaw
misspicy
Moana
Phema
cococandy

You don carry cocoacandy enter here?

Happy Sunday cocobaby gringringringringrin

Wow. Have you ever heard of Pew Research, Even Forbes, Gatestone etc These are global institutes that engage in qualitative and quantitative research.

And saying 2 people complained hence there are issues in such relationships generally is like saying 2 Muslims converted to Christianity hence there must be a flood of Muslims somewhere else in the world gushing towards the foot of the cross of Calvary to give their lives to Yahweh.
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by jackpot(f): 10:49am On Nov 08, 2015
Tallesty1:
Yea........... We can only touch the major causes because what is a tradition here can be a taboo there.

A guy once broke up with a girl for farting in his house.angry
a man once broke up with his fiancée because the lady (after unsuccessfully looking for cork-opener) decided to use her teeth to open the cork of the bottle drinks her parents served the guy's family. The guy never came back after that day!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Worried About My 1year Marriage! / Rukevwe Vivienne Ohwerhi's Daughter, Efeturi Saleisha Zino's 1st Birthday Photos / Help! I Just Got My Colleague At Work Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.