Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,857 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. (53562 Views)

Am Troubled About Today's Marriage Pls Pray 4 Matrimonial Homes, B4 U Pray4 Nig. / How Applicable Is ' Okafor's Theory ' In Today's Marriage? / Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 08, 2015
misspicy:

yes because if you cant help your wife to cook and she has to contribute to help you,you have no choice than to eat housegirl food....otherwise your marriage is on a downward journey undecided

Hmmmmmm. I rest my case.
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 08, 2015
misspicy:

okay sir my bad grin

note: i dont hate men but i make mistake by generalising...

then and again can you be civil and cultured by facing me only and not my family?

if it is too difficult for you to do then don't quote me anymore

Shoti wan binu ni
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Tallesty1(m): 10:56am On Nov 08, 2015
jackpot:
a man once broke up with his fiancée because the lady (after unsuccessfully looking for cork-opener) decided to use her teeth to open the cork of the bottle drinks her parents served the guy's family. The guy never came back after that day!
I think the guy is scared that she might get angry one day while blowing him and bite of his Johnson.

She's got strong teeth y'know

gringringringringrin

1 Like

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by otiigba1(m): 10:57am On Nov 08, 2015
misspicy:

okay sir my bad grin

note: i dont hate men but i make mistake by generalising...

then and again can you be civil and cultured by facing me only and not my family?

if it is too difficult for you to do then don't quote me anymore
you see? You ve done it again, its okay to include me as a man ( men) but not okay to include your families (men). Now do you think i don't have families? They won't be happy you describing me (men)as egocentric and wicked.

Look! Am not just picking on you. I do the same with other men hating females. So it is n't personal. Besides i like you tongue,and find your comments interesting sometimes. Plus i can't keep letting you GENERALISING when it comes to issues to do with MEN. (Me included)
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by loomer: 11:02am On Nov 08, 2015
Tallesty1:
I think the guy is scared that she might get angry one day while blowing him and bite of his Johnson.

She's got strong teeth y'know

gringringringringrin

I also hate seeing ladies using their teeth to open drinks, cos I don't do it myself
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by otiigba1(m): 11:02am On Nov 08, 2015
PuciPrince:

Shoti wan binu ni
oya mi lenu o! cheesy (Did i get that correctly?)
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Tallesty1(m): 11:02am On Nov 08, 2015
fem29:

Ok now I have an idea what you are talking about when you castigate feminism. Yes those are extreme views which to be honest are not applicable to nigeria and nigerian women. We no send about all that highly pc stuff. All we want is do your own part.
Thank you.

It is refreshing to know that someone understands me point especially now that every other person is making it look like a have a loaded gun on much shoulder and searching for a feminist to shoot.
fem29:
Do Not beat us up no matter what.
I have already promised God that I will love my wife as I love myself and even more but I cannot make this promise. I honestly can't.
fem29:
Do not put us down. Let us have a say. Make decisions that favor the whole family not just what is best for you.
A man who doesn't carry his woman along in decision making has no love for her.
fem29:
All the stuff about women hitting men .I'm sorry I think it's very rare and if a woman hits a man then what she gets back is what she gets back.
Haba... But you just said that we should never hit them no matter what.

I am confused now.
misspicy:

and they are wicked too because i know God created a woman as a weaker vessel not a super being
Interestingly, some women will never buy this weaker vessel thingy.

That's why I said that Lady A's idea is feminism is always different from that of lady B.
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by otiigba1(m): 11:03am On Nov 08, 2015
loomer:

I also hate seeing ladies using their teeth to open drinks, cos I don't do it myself
yes o! It makes them look macho and arrogant.
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by loomer: 11:06am On Nov 08, 2015
otiigba1:
yes o! It makes them look macho and arrogant.

It's not just about being macho, but I feel it's irresponsible of a person to use their teeth as openers?
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by misspicy(f): 11:08am On Nov 08, 2015
Tallesty1:
Egocentric yes!

Inconsiderate, I am not aware.

I believe we are egocentered because an average Nigerian man wants to handle the financial problems in his family alone. They do ask for the woman's help occasionally though but that is only where there is no other better option.

Have you heard of the saying that a woman's money is her money but a husband's money is their own?

It did not start today. Our mothers assisted their husbands in their own little.

An average Nigerian man wants a woman that can take care of her little financial needs. That is why you seem people send their wives to school, open business for them etc.

Which makes one wonder why feminist say that women are caged in marriage.

There are decent works out there that a woman can do and still have time to take care of her other duties.

That's not even a problem in some homes because some husbands assist their women at home.

I am not in support of men who do not assist their women at home. I am not married, I take care of my house alone, I do the cooking and laundry, cleaning and every other thing that needs to be done so if I marry a woman tomorrow, she's coming in to help me with works not to take over completely.

But there's a thing we both need to understand.

A man's primary duty is to provide for his household and A woman's primary duty is to take care of the home.

These things comes first before any other thing and should be considered before taking up a job.

A man that cleans and cooks but can not provide for his family is like to die early because he has failed his primary duty and the woman will remind him of that every now and then.

A woman that earns 1ml per month but cannot take care of her home children has failed her primary duty as well and will not be happy.

Not every successful woman is a feminist, hope you know?

i no our mothers did all this and more so as to keep the family running but sir do you want to compare their time with the present nigeria?

to me feminism had come to help a family move forward not destroy it like you opined

(this is feminism in regard to family not other factors)

Feminism came to help improve lives of women but daughters of second timothy has hijacked it and turn it it a weapon of family destruction.
now that you have seen yourself as a different entity that support helping a woman out in the home front i'd advice you tell that to your male folk so they too xan see the reason in it.....

note:if a woman is willing to take on stressful jobs or be a career woman there is nothing stopping her from pursuing her dreams if she can balance her home front and yes her husband is expected to support her and not hinder her like some men are doing because they feel threatened,they will label her a feminist and go balistic...

i agree that feminsm has been twisted and i'd advice that that is what you should be tackling not condemning feminism as a whole....eg including it as a factor destroying families except you are one if those that believe every woman should be below you and suffer in silence no matter what
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by otiigba1(m): 11:12am On Nov 08, 2015
loomer:

It's not just about being macho, but I feel it's irresponsible of a person to use their teeth as openers?
right! embarassed i use my teeth all the time to open drink o! Chai!

Learnt to do it during my school days, it helps to drink more free drinks than others (selfish or what?) parties or celebrations. It stuck since then embarassed
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by misspicy(f): 11:14am On Nov 08, 2015
otiigba1:
you see? You ve done it again, its okay to include me as a man ( men) but not okay to include your families (men). Now do you think i don't have families? They won't be happy you describing me (men)as egocentric and wicked.

Look! Am not just picking on you. I do the same with other men hating females. So it is n't personal. Besides i like you tongue,and find your comments interesting sometimes. Plus i can't keep letting you GENERALISING when it comes to issues to do with MEN. (Me included)

which is why i accepted my fault of generalising and will surely make a change....

but in a civil society when you have a problem with a fellow human being approach to issues you don't go about insulting their relatives it shows you as uncouth and uncultured and badly brought up

you simply correct a person and move on...besides i can see you are stalking and looking for my loopholes which i commend you for because one cant excel without critism but please learn to make constructive and cultured critism
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by loomer: 11:17am On Nov 08, 2015
otiigba1:
right! embarassed i use my teeth all the time to open drink o! Chai!

Learnt to do it during my school days, it helps to drink more free drinks than others (selfish or what?) parties or celebrations. It stuck since then embarassed

You can change that lifestyle. I'm sure you've got keys and a key holder, maybe u can add a little opener to the bunch and see how things go
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by misspicy(f): 11:19am On Nov 08, 2015
Tallesty1:
I am confused now.Interestingly, some women will never buy this weaker vessel thingy.

That's why I said that Lady A's idea is feminism is always different from that of lady B.
please i'd appreciate if you don't misquote my post to suit your thinking,try and understand it like i put it....

for the record i am not a feminist inshort i believe a woman should do her duties and act as a woman should,she should see her husband as her head but if she wants the career part she should go about it with the help of her husband.......

yes women are weaker vessels,men should treat them with care and try to adjust to changing times by helping her too so the family can move forward,we need to make do of all within our might in this trying economy
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by sashaa(f): 11:22am On Nov 08, 2015
Tallesty1:
Feminism has never been for equality bro.

It is about improving the lives and statuses of women by degrading the lives and statuses of men. The feminist concept of “equality” only serves to provide a framework for feminism, and to brainwash other unfortunate people, especially men, to support it.

Every woman I have met who called herself a feminist was also a sexist. All of them.

Ever tried to mention men's inequalities to a feminist? She will call you a sexist misogynist pig for. Feminism just supports and fights for superiority of women to men nothing else.

Have you ever wondered why, in divorce cases, the mother gets custody and the father pays child support? Ever wondered why, when a girl sees a guy naked, he is arrested for indecent exposure, but when a guy sees a girl naked, he is arrested for being a peeping tom Equality My Foot.

How can feminism claim equality when thesame feminism under the guise of promoting equality, has succeeded in bringing bias back into the legal system by arguing that women are, in fact, not equal to men and should not be treated as such under the law.

Double standard everywhere.

Sha, whether they in or out for equality doesn't really matter to me but the fact that some people under the cover of feminism destroy home is a good reason to add it in my write up.

Thanks for contributingwink
Who is this?
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by otiigba1(m): 11:24am On Nov 08, 2015
misspicy:

which is why i accepted my fault of generalising and will surely make a change....

but in a civil society when you have a problem with a fellow human being approach to issues you don't go about insulting their relatives it shows you as uncouth and uncultured and badly brought up

you simply correct a person and move on...besides i can see you are stalking and looking for my loopholes which i commend you for because one cant excel without critism but please learn to make constructive and cultured critism
stalk!? Don't flatter yourself, insult? If egocentric and wicked is your definition of insult then stop using it because those were your words.

When i said your comments interest me and i like you, that was just me been polite.

Lastly, its a social forum, if i quote your comment and you don't like it ignore it okay? But i cant stop quoting you or any other if you cant handle criticism then you are not matured or educated enough to be on here.

Again its nothing personal, i don't even know you.
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 08, 2015
otiigba1:
oya mi lenu o! cheesy (Did i get that correctly?)

Yes u did
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by misspicy(f): 11:27am On Nov 08, 2015
PuciPrince:

Shoti wan binu ni
kole ye e...some people don't know how to have civil discussion,they are always abusive and am not happy this morning,am not in mood for a brawl
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 08, 2015
misspicy:

please i'd appreciate if you don't misquote my post to suit your thinking,try and understand it like i put it....

for the record i am not a feminist inshort i believe a woman should do her duties and act as a woman should,she should see her husband as her head but if she wants the career part she should go about it with the help of her husband.......

yes women are weaker vessels,men should treat them with care and try to adjust to changing times by helping her too so the family can move forward,we need to make do of all within our might in this trying economy

Where u put ya head since grin grin
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by otiigba1(m): 11:28am On Nov 08, 2015
PuciPrince:

Yes u did
cheers! Thanks.Proudly igbo still tongue no tribalism intended, i loves yorubas wink
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 08, 2015
misspicy:

kole ye e...some people don't know how to have civil discussion,they are always abusive and am not happy this morning,am not in mood for a brawl

Ehn, we r apologizing on his behalf. O ka lara ni. Mabinu kiss kiss
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 08, 2015
otiigba1:
cheers! Thanks.Proudly igbo still tongue no tribalism intended, i loves yorubas wink

Oya love misspicy, u know she is a woman.

They like apologies grin grin
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by otiigba1(m): 11:30am On Nov 08, 2015
misspicy:

brawl? With who? A woman? Grow up and stop been emotional! Or butt out! grin
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by misspicy(f): 11:31am On Nov 08, 2015
otiigba1:
stalk!? Don't flatter yourself, insult? If egocentric and wicked is your definition of insult then stop using it because those were your words.

When i said your comments interest me and i like you, that was just me been polite.

Lastly, its a social forum, if i quote your comment and you don't like it ignore it okay? But i cant stop quoting you or any other if you cant handle criticism then you are not matured or educated enough to be on here.

Again its nothing personal, i don't even know you.

i don't know you too and heck no i don't like you,which means we have reached a concention which also mean you should SWERVE....

swerve in simply terms means you should stop quoting me...with this i guess we wouldn't need to make our selves known
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 08, 2015
misspicy:

i don't know you too and heck no i don't like you,which means we have reached a concention which also mean you should SWERVE....

swerve in simply terms means you should stop quoting me...with this i guess we wouldn't need to make our selves known

I know of couples who started like this grin

1 Like

Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by otiigba1(m): 11:33am On Nov 08, 2015
PuciPrince:

Oya love misspicy, u know she is a woman.

They like apologies grin grin
i was just yanking her chains * sarcasm* and she got emotional grin, besides she don't want me to love her tongue
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 08, 2015
otiigba1:
i was just yanking her chains * sarcasm* and she got emotional grin, besides she don't want me to love her tongue

Its initial shakara. Uudunno hw to woo woman ni
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by misspicy(f): 11:37am On Nov 08, 2015
PuciPrince:

Where u put ya head since grin grin
i told you before that i prefer a woman should be a woman and man a man but both should agree to bend nature to work effectively.....

i have problems only when one party is not willing to sacrifice .....

heck even Jesus said the law was made for man and not man for the law
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Nobody: 11:38am On Nov 08, 2015
Tallesty1:
It doesn't bother, I won't date a modern feminist because I don't pierce my body with many sorrows, remember I stated in my misconception thread that I don't want what will give me troubles in the future?. The goodnews is that a feminist won't like me too so it doesn't bother me.

I added it in my list because it is truly breaking marriages out there.

Thank you for turning the argument to a normal discussion, we would make more sense when we write to educate instead of to win.

I will be glad if you point out my mistakes because what I am going to write are my personal opinion, what I know, think and feel about feminism and y'know, I could be wrong.

Feminism, ie the first wave feminism unlike the modern day feminism fought for equal rights of women. It was purposeful and legitimate. They worked tirelessly for the rights of women. They wanted women to be seen not as man’s underlings, but as their equals in the eyes of the law.

That is the feminism we all will gladly support.

They stood for something that was right, they fought for voting rights, women's right to buy property and demanding that females not be treated like second class citizens.

But Today's Feminism? crycrycrycrycrycrycrycry.

Is all about victim mentality. They are daily promoting victim mentality, and blaming everyone else for their own problems. They want to do anything they wish but do not want to held responsible for their actions.

I remember a thread where I tried to raise an issue about educating girls on "anti-rape-defense". My dear come see bashing.

They said I was promoting rape and rape guilt in victims. I parked well.

Men do get raped but feminism blame them for it. They taunt and mock them and that's why it is difficult for men to report rape issues.

Modern day feminism is no longer about equality... It's about supremacy. Women used to fight for freedom and equality, but now they're looking for every possible means to unsurp power from men and trample on them. It is not wrong to assume that devil has taken over the movement.

The first movement fought for equal right but today's movement are on revenge mission.

It is full double standards. When a woman hits a man she is independent, yet when a man hits a woman he is a heartless bastard.

I think feminism has gradually turned to a hate group. It's not about equality anymore, now it's about gaining more benefits for women than that of men.

Feminism has become so complicated and messy that your feminism is not always my feminism. It has turned to a rude and nasty movement that is more interested in trashing people's views and opinions.

If the movement really accepts equality, then you and the girl that I quoted would not tell me that my views are wrong, you would accept it and let me be.sad

Most feminist I have chatted with on here are full of contradictions that do not align with feminist doctrine. Majority of them are just confused

Do you know why it seems like I abhor modern day feminism? It is because feminism has gone from creating more options for women to stereotyping what a women should be and do.

While a woman in the Middle East was stoned to death because her family objected to her marriage, some confused feminists of the free world were busy demanding that they be allowed to post pictures of their nipples on Instagram.

While bokoharam is forcing women into forced marriage and slavery, and sending them on suicide missions, feminists were busy demanding to be allowed to patrol the streets unclad.

There was a hashtag that trended on twitter sometime ago. #KillAllMen. It was a protest to stop men from spreading their legs in public buses and benches.

Feminist say they are not men hating group but that want to kill all men because a handful of them spread their legs on public benches.

Feminism movement have been altered and abused beyond repair.
you are the man of the year!

For example just look at what is happening in Japan! Because of this FEMINIST STUFF the men started going there way! And it really affect their WOMEN there.

Now Let any woman go and shout FEMINIST and see if their fellow women won't slap them in Japan now.

This FEMINIST is just a STVPID movement which started a century ago. And it won't reach anywhere unless a man put it into law which it won't even happen not even a century from now.
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by misspicy(f): 11:40am On Nov 08, 2015
PuciPrince:

I know of couples who started like this grin
awwww,i know some too but in this case far from it....

there a lot of factors which attracts a person,uncouthedness and unculturedness does not attract me so sir HELL to the NO undecided
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 08, 2015
misspicy:

i told you before that i prefer a woman should be a woman and man a man but both should agree to bend nature to work effectively.....

i have problems only when one party is not willing to sacrifice .....

heck even Jesus said the law was made for man and not man for the law

kiss kiss
Re: Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. by otiigba1(m): 11:41am On Nov 08, 2015
misspicy:

now, i find this really offensive. Can you stop ordering me to stop quoting you grin, you can't even stop quoting me. Am begining to get the feeling you are stalking me tongue

if you cant handle been quoted then butt out! Of this forum.

Me thinks what you need is a HUG Or a good LAYtongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Worried About My 1year Marriage! / Rukevwe Vivienne Ohwerhi's Daughter, Efeturi Saleisha Zino's 1st Birthday Photos / Help! I Just Got My Colleague At Work Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.