Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,825 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line (43788 Views)

Ijaw Youths Disrupt Tompolo’s 46th Birthday Party, Guests Escape Via Windows / Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members / Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by kettykings: 9:01am On May 18, 2015
lexy2014:
Are oil companies govt agencies or private investments?

Is NNPC private or public. When Gowon implemented the petroleum decree of 1969 did it apply to oil companies or private companies.
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by 2n2k(m): 9:03am On May 18, 2015
IzonOwei:
who gives a damn if its or not?...if not for mad reasons why should fpso parts be constructed miles away from where it would be installed??..this is how all oil companies are in lagos thereby stifling the lil chance the niger deltans have to get oil jobs...

Before Ladol, FPSO were being constructed in Europe and Asia. Why was no noise made then?

Ladol was not set up for the FPSO in question. It is a private engineering company. It hustled for customers and the IOCs seen that it has the capacity to do the job decided to award the contracts to it. It does other jobs apart from constructing fpso.

1 Like

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by lyntiffany(f): 9:06am On May 18, 2015
AODT:

Am sure if you are an investor, you will understand the difficulty in doing business in ND as compared to other regions of the country. Why do you think more and more oil companies keep relocating their facilities (offices, yards) out of the region.
I don't, you can help by throwing light on the reasons, cos we are here to learn.

1 Like

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by goodgate: 9:06am On May 18, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Noise makers..how have they helped their people with the little they have?
Don't mind the mofos,GEJ was president for 6years and he could not build a refinery,turn around the place,make it a 'Dubai' like region,set up institutions that can train the teeming youths of the region on petroleum and other vocations,set up firms that can absorb the unemployed youths from the area,believe me the region has a very high level of illiteracy and unemployment, yet they did not blame GEJ. I laugh whenever they complain of marginalisation because they do not even have the pre requisite skills to get good jobs or control the affairs of the oil,even the quite opportuned few amongst them don not help their kinsmen eg OB Lulu Briggs;the chairman of Monipulo Petroleum is from the region, yet they keep blaming other nigerians for their woes.For the record oil assets ie; oil blocs and oil wells are not dashed out,you bid if you are successful you source for financing and take ownership,and you still pay royalties and tax to the government, you can also buy off from owners or lease it off,and pay as you produce, so let nobody come here saying thier oil were given out to Adenuga and co. Many of them do not even know that most of the oil exported now are produced from Agbami in ondo state,that is were Folorunsho Alakija owns here bloc, Mike Adenuga too. The Niger Delta for now produces more of Natural Gas.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Nobody: 9:07am On May 18, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
IyC will be very stupid if they don't make the country ungovernable for the north.

The first person to insult me is a bastard
The north wasn't producing the fund used in running Nigeria yet see what biko haram did to our economy. What do u think will happen if the Niger Delta decides to act like the north? Nigeria will crumble!
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by lexy2014: 9:08am On May 18, 2015
kettykings:

Is NNPC private or public. When Gowon implemented the petroleum decree of 1969 did it apply to oil companies or private companies.
what does d petroleum decree of 1969 say in relation 2d discussion?
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Nobody: 9:09am On May 18, 2015
Bunch of thugs...
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by lexy2014: 9:10am On May 18, 2015
kettykings:

I don't no what d petroleum decree of 1969 stipulates so kindly enlighten me. what does d petroleum decree of 1969 say?

1 Like

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Ababadada: 9:13am On May 18, 2015
Illiterate Ijaw Youth indeed! No wahala! When you finished built the FPSO install it in Lagos don't come to illiterate Ijawlands. Thanks
ChristyG:
illiterate ijaw youths,it is a private investment.go and tell asari dokubo and tompolo to build deir own.i hope that they know they are NOT the only oil producing region in d country,it will only make others develop their then they can drink their oil .instead of them should be fighting the pib bill dat extends the oil communities to d whole of nigeria,they are fighting lagos.awon ode alainironu oshi...quote me if u want,i dont care.
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Spyde(m): 9:14am On May 18, 2015
Anything wey dem wan do,make d egina project jst start. #myonlyconcern
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by coruso(m): 9:14am On May 18, 2015
As a Niger daltain, I most say we had a short at the presidency but what did GEJ do with it?,he was busy trying to impress the northern elite, building almajiri schools to the people who don't even appreciate it. Was he not supposed to encourage investment to the Niger delta?. Nevertheless, the oil companies exploring oil from the ND should be made to have their headquarters in the region which the operate as it's practice in other places. For the private company the can choose to set up their business any where the thick is conducive for them to operate, to me the private company can only be encouraged to come set up in ND not forced.

1 Like

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by DeRay98(m): 9:19am On May 18, 2015
nonaira:
I have to agree with them. How can you build a company in lagos yet everything that company would be fabricating is coming from ND.

The injustice in thatc country is becoming ridiculous
Who caused all these bruhaha if not Jonathan, what was he thinking when he approved the project for Lagos only to withdraw it after losing elections
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Progress2468(m): 9:19am On May 18, 2015
MayorofLagos:

...what an ignoramus!! Is Ondo a Niger Delta state? Is Chad basin a Niger Delta state?

Oil exploration in Chad had ceased due to risks of terrorism. If the cost/benefit scale of doing business in the Delta flattens out the explorers will abandon the rigs and take business elsewhere. They will then sanction your oil production in the market. How will you find the resource to grow your economy in the Delta? You will regress and stagnate.

Jonathan was clueless before March 28th, and he is still clueless after.

I suppose wen u said Ignoramus u were reffering to yourself because Ondo state is Niger Delta
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by deletrue: 9:21am On May 18, 2015
EMANY01:

Well better no investment in nigeria as a whole but any new investment in the oil and gas industry of nigeria outside of the ND is at major and verifiable risk when the time comes to position it or use it in the ND SIMPLICITA.
THE WAYO DON DO.SAY WE NO TALK NO MEAN SAY WE BE MUGU.NO BE SAY WE NO GO SCHOOL NO BE SAY WE NO NO BOOK.

THAT REFINERY IF IT GETS BUILT IN LAGOS HAD BETTER BUY CRUDE FROM THE INTERNATIONAL MARKET OUTSIDE OF THE NIGER DELTA.EXCEPT THEY HIT CRUDE IN LAGOS THEN GOOD FOR THEM.

If the fools had left it in ondo as originally conceived we would not have said a word ,but in keeping with their sense of entitlement they sabotaged that and diverted it to lagos.
We are waiting......
Thank you so much. I am not from Niger Delta, but I will pray for you people. I will also support you in my level. Tell your youths that enough is enough. From now on, any company coming for investment should located their head quarters there. Tell them to stand firm. Do not allow them to bribe some of you and scarter you people. Have you forgotton what they did to your brother GEJ? Imagaine Obasanjo telling the world that you brother GEJ has trained snipers to shot opposition members. That was a complete fabrication delibrately taken to cause trouble and to frustrate GEJ. Again, imagine the gravity of that lie! Do not allow all these intentional acts to religate you to the lowest level in this country. Do not allow it any more. Tell your brothers.
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by gbishman: 9:23am On May 18, 2015
This nonentities who claime to be ijaw leaders should be caught and treated as terrorist groups. A court order has been passed and it most be obeyed. gEj should be very careful of not his going to cause and ethnic turmoil
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by bakynes(m): 9:26am On May 18, 2015
I have read every single comment from page one to page 5 is like alot of people are Educated illiterates, they just believe anything oil and Gas is all about the SS. Like many have said here it is a private investment, he can decided to locate it anywhere he wants. The CEO knows Lagos is safe to locate his FPSO dock, too many militancy in the Niger Delta not safe @ all.
I heard a fool say why shd a refinery be located in kaduna, the ideal thing is to even locate a refinery in each geopolitical zone for easy transportation and consumption.
For God sake no IOC will endanger their foreign staffs to the volatile region of Militancy and kidnapping by locating their HQ there.
Niger Delta has the 13% derivatives meaning they allocate more to them than the rest of Nigeria, Akwa ibom, Rivers, Delta and Bayelsa states combined collects more money than the rest of Nigeria combined. Besides that, Ministry of Niger Delta, NDDC was created also for the welfare of that region and billions of Naira is allocated to them every year, Royalties is paid in millions of Naira to various host communities, their youths gets jobs first before any other region so what else do you want.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Nobody: 9:28am On May 18, 2015
Well Done IYC!

I see threats and counter threats flying across board, the assurance I have to give those threatening the Niger Delta/Lower Niger people is that we aren't cowards. Inasmuch as I detest violence, i consider it out of place for my people to be threatened with Military action whenever we make demands. All Oil Companies must relocate to Niger Delta and this project be moved to Niger Delta or it should forget about using any resources from the Niger Delta. Anyway, we shall continue to advocate for a referendum!

1 Like

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by agrovick(m): 9:28am On May 18, 2015
lyntiffany:
I like the part omare said " henceforth any oil company that does not have their oil company in N/D would not be allowed to operate in their region" now this is what I call taking the bull by the horn.

One will simply imagine how a region is creating wealth and it is being enjoyed by the "sophisticated" and the "born to rule" mentality.
To enlighten you come to south south most of the oil companies there are being managed by the "sophisticated" whereas the youths and the owners of the oil begg's to be employed.
So much injustice perpetrated in this country called one Nigeria.
I do not know how the situation of things is over there but did it ever occur to you that the reason why the owners of the oil beg for employment is simply because they do not have the qualifications to hold high positions in those companies?
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by oduastates: 9:28am On May 18, 2015
lexy2014:
Geographically, ondo state isn't in d delta. D real delta states are those around d coast usually triangle shaped were rivers flow split into several channels. Its inclusion as a niger delta state is 4 administrative convenience cos it is an oil producing state. Remember that d predecessor of NDDC was d oil minerals producing areas development commission (OMPADEC)

Look up the definition of a DELTA. That is before adding Niger before it.
Then Mr geographer should go on his map.
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Nobody: 9:30am On May 18, 2015
gbishman:
This nonentities who claime to be ijaw leaders should be caught and treated as terrorist groups. A court order has been passed and it most be obeyed. gEj should be very careful of not his going to cause and ethnic turmoil
you need to educate yourself on what terrorism is. Anyway, our position has been made known... Time shall tell!
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by deflover(m): 9:31am On May 18, 2015
bakynes:
I have read every single comment from page one to page 5 is like alot of people are Educated illiterates, they just believe anything oil and Gas is all about the SS. Like many have said here it is a private investment, he can decided to locate it anywhere he wants. The CEO knows Lagos is safe to locate his FPSO dock, too many militancy in the Niger Delta not safe @ all.
I heard a fool say why shd a refinery be located in kaduna, the ideal thing is to even locate a refinery in each geopolitical zone for easy transportation ans consumption.
For God sake no IOC will endanger their foreign staffs to the volatile region of Militancy and kidnapping
Niger Delta has the 13% derivatives meaning the allocate more to them than the rest of Nigeria, Akwa ibom, Rivers, Delta and Bayelsa states combined collects more money than the rest of Nigeria combined. Besides that, Ministry of Niger Delta, NDDC was created also for the welfare of that region gulping billions of Naira every year so what else do you want.

ur papa na the greatest fool.......u heard a fool say should refinery be sited in kaduna.....yes i said it.....the north can have a tank farm while the product can be refined where the raw material is....does dat not make sense to you idio.t
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Ababadada: 9:31am On May 18, 2015
Niger Deltans should BRACE UP! It is high time. They should not fear is already won battle. Don't take things for granted. As you can see THE NORTH AND WEST threating The Niger Deltans with USA WARSHIP, UK and the like. You should synergize, cautiously, diplomatically and very strongly. Keep all hope alive!
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Nobody: 9:32am On May 18, 2015
agrovick:

I do not know how the situation of things is over there but did it ever occur to you that the reason why the owners of the oil beg for employment is simply because they do not have the qualifications to hold high positions in those companies?
which qualification are you talking about? Stop making assumptions that defies logic and common-sense
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by agrovick(m): 9:33am On May 18, 2015
Progress2468:

I suppose wen u said Ignoramus u were reffering to yourself because Ondo state is Niger Delta
Lol, oga go check map. Ondo state is Niger delta ke? Mayb we have a new map of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Chiaka(f): 9:34am On May 18, 2015
There agitation is good. I was wondering which way Nigeria when I first heard that it was to be sited in Lagos, meanwhile the oil and gas production is in SS. was wondering why a service centre will be located far away from operational base, the initial move to do it in Lagos was a politically motivated one in the first place.......which has to be changed......change should be all encompassing including using good reasoning in siting industries.......this is the best decision ever

1 Like

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Chiaka(f): 9:36am On May 18, 2015
MayorofLagos:
This reaction gives legitimacy to opposing grounds who see increasing terrorism and new threats from Lower Niger as a real risk against new investments.

Their agitation is ok, its right thinking. I was wondering which way Nigeria when I first heard that it was to be sited in Lagos, meanwhile the oil and gas production is in SS. was wondering why a service centre will be located far away from operational base, the initial move to do it in Lagos was a politically motivated one in the first place.......which has to be changed......change should be all encompassing including using good reasoning in siting industries.......this is the best decision ever
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Chiaka(f): 9:37am On May 18, 2015
lyntiffany:
I like the part omare said " henceforth any oil company that does not have their oil company in N/D would not be allowed to operate in their region" now this is what I call taking the bull by the horn.

One will simply imagine how a region is creating wealth and it is being enjoyed by the "sophisticated" and the "born to rule" mentality.
To enlighten you come to south south most of the oil companies there are being managed by the "sophisticated" whereas the youths and the owners of the oil begg's to be employed.
So much injustice perpetrated in this country called one Nigeria.

Their agitation is ok, its right thinking. I was wondering which way Nigeria when I first heard that it was to be sited in Lagos, meanwhile the oil and gas production is in SS. was wondering why a service centre will be located far away from operational base, the initial move to do it in Lagos was a politically motivated one in the first place.......which has to be changed......change should be all encompassing including using good reasoning in siting industries.......this is the best decision ever

1 Like

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by bakynes(m): 9:39am On May 18, 2015
deflover:

ur papa na the greatest fool.......u heard a fool say should refinery be sited in kaduna.....yes i said it.....the north can have a tank farm while the product can be refined where the raw material is....does dat not make sense to you idio.t
You are just a big fool, you are just a bigot who hates every other tribe apart from yours, so you prefer tankers travelling and endangering lives on the road and putting pressure on our roads or long kilometre pipelines running from the Niger Delta to various states in Nigeria which can easily be vandalized daily than building refineries in each region to facilitate easy transportion to the consumers? Check your brain well bigot.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Tex42(m): 9:39am On May 18, 2015
Oya Ijaw youths and Niger deltans over to una. Shey no be only one region dey cry injustice now abi?

One Nigeria Ko, there was a country ni.
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by agrovick(m): 9:40am On May 18, 2015
barcanista:
which qualification are you talking about? Stop making assumptions that defies logic and common-sense
Ok sir, I only gave a possible reason for why things are like that. The worst thing to do on your part should have been you schooling me on how things are over there.
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Chiaka(f): 9:41am On May 18, 2015
I like the part that says 'Niger Deltans have been taken for granted for too long and we would no longer accept it.' ----Its True talk
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by bakynes(m): 9:42am On May 18, 2015
deflover:

You are just a big fool, you are just a bigot who hates every other tribe apart from yours, so you prefer tankers travelling and endangering lives on the road and putting pressure on our roads or long kilometre pipelines running from the Niger Delta to various states in Nigeria which can easily be vandalized daily than building refineries in each region to facilitate easy transportion to the consumers? Check your brain well bigot.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan At Oroghene Oghenejobo And Oluwafemi Ologun Wedding / Lauretta Onochie Stranded, Homeless In The UK - Saharareporters / Buhari Smiles As He Shakes Makarfi, Olisa Metuh, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.