Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,992 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line (43744 Views)

Ijaw Youths Disrupt Tompolo’s 46th Birthday Party, Guests Escape Via Windows / Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members / Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by atlwireles: 12:26pm On May 18, 2015
Demdem:

Misplacement of priority. As it is with the present structure, The Nigerian state will Crush u. grin grin

I know, you will need more keyboard strokes to do that crushing.
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Nobody: 12:29pm On May 18, 2015
nonaira:

Applause at the bold. Finally, finally some ppl are using their head and knowing what to fight. Standing ovation applause to the bolder statement

me too
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by superstar1(m): 12:32pm On May 18, 2015
Chigold101:
well Adaka Boro saw thought this would happen. He decided to fight by proclaiming a new republic but about 12 days after. The born to rule over came him and he became their mule.

Ojukwu saw this coming, for about 3years blood was flowing all over Biafran land (including lower niger). The zoo keepers with norn to rule mentality blackmailed Adaka Boro into working against Ojukwu. After 3years Biafra lost the battle for freedom.

Today over 40years after the end of the battle which “we“ believe that Biafra lost. Here we are still talking about the same thing.

The yorubas said they are the friends of the Niger Deltans we all are seeing the strenght of their friendship with the Niger Deltans.

Well am watching to see how this new war will end.

God Bless BIAFRA, GOD BLESS LOWER NIGER REPUBLIC...

Ojukwu may GOD rest your soul.

Is it that you people refuse to read and only rely on the lies your uncles are telling you, to make them feel good and look.like superheroes in your eyes?

Was it the northerners that thwarted Adaka Boro's dream of Republic of Niger Delta or Aguiyi Ironsi.

For you information, your Aguiyi Ironsi crushed the dream of Republic of Niger Delta and jailed Adaka Boro for treason.

8 Likes

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Neplusultra(f): 12:32pm On May 18, 2015
Fingers crossed angry
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Demdem(m): 12:32pm On May 18, 2015
atlwireles:

I know, you will need more keyboard strokes to do that crushing.

Wettin Ijaw people wan do? Are u aware that Jonah-daft has already equipped the JTF? Buhari will do more and increase more Abokiss that will be posted to the zone grin grin they are now well fortified and capable than the one Obj was brandishing about. Tompolo, asari boyloaf and their greedy kind have all developed pot bellies and living in mansions that going back into creeks wont be enticing for them any longer.
U are on ur own oooo grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by atlwireles: 12:33pm On May 18, 2015
Demdem:

Wettin Ijaw people wan do? Are u aware that Jonah-daft has already equipped the JTF? the are now well fortified and capable than the one Obj was brandishing about. Tompolo, asari boyloaf and their greedy kind have all developed pot bellies and living in mansions that going back into creeks wont be enticing for them any longer.
U are on ur own oooo grin grin grin

The army is recruiting, channel your efforts there.
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by bulletproofmonk(m): 12:34pm On May 18, 2015
7 pages already and no one has picked holes in the title.

First of all,it is not a platform being constructed.Its an FPSO Integration Yard! FPSO which stands for Floating Production Storage Offloading Vessel.
This will be the first of its kind in Africa,and was brought about by the Total Egina project.Samsung Heavy Industries will be constructing the hull and some modules in South Korea which will be towed to Nigeria and integrated. LADOL was appointed as partner to SHI for this purpose.Another reason for Lagos being the choice was because of the depth of water to accomodate the FPSO.ND waters require additional dredging to accomodate FPSOs,which should be the responsibility of govt.

FYI,sayyu dantata is constructing a similar integration yard on Ogogoro Island....also in Lagos smiley The quay length is going to be 1km,enough to accomodate 3 FPSOs at a time smiley

8 Likes

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Demdem(m): 12:35pm On May 18, 2015
atlwireles:

The army is recruiting, channel your efforts there.

I dont have to, just want to know how uwant to acheive this "dream" of urs? grin grin

atlwireles:

After we finish with the Nigerian state we will direct our anger in that direction.
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Chigold101(m): 12:36pm On May 18, 2015
MayorofLagos:
This reaction gives legitimacy to opposing grounds who see increasing terrorism and new threats from Lower Niger as a real risk against new investments.
i think it is high time the yorubas stop all this their media blackmail against the people of Lower Niger.

I am only feeling sorry for the people of Niger Delta whom thought that the yorubas are their friends & Igbos are their enemies.

It is so good that (“ikuku ekugo, anyi na afuzi ike okuku“) the has blown and we are seing the an.us of fowl(chiecken).

When people start to fight for their right, they are seeing as risk. This is very good. If oil exploration company thinks that this threat and others before it is too risky for them. They should cease oparation. They can move to Lagos or anywhere in the North to continue their oil exploration.

People of ND should be allowed to control of their life & their destiny. PERIOD!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by atlwireles: 12:37pm On May 18, 2015
Demdem:

I dont have to, just want to know how uwant to acheive this "dream" of urs? grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin try the navy then.
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Chigold101(m): 12:38pm On May 18, 2015
nonaira:

Applause at the bold. Finally, finally some ppl are using their head and knowing what to fight. Standing ovation applause to the bolder statement
i dont want bold statement. I need bold action.

If Niger Deltans do not act now with one voice, the born to rule zoo masters & their yoruba slaves will supress them once more.

Time is of essence here and now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Demdem(m): 12:39pm On May 18, 2015
atlwireles:

grin grin grin grin grin grin try the navy then.

So u just opened ur mouth to threaten not knowing how to actualise ur dream eh? grin grin

atlwireles:

After we finish with the Nigerian state we will direct our anger in that direction.

Ur case is like that a former Nigerian rebel leader who staged a war without sitting down by counting the cost. I expect the same waterloo to befall u if u choose to thread his path grin

1 Like

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by superstar1(m): 12:43pm On May 18, 2015
bulletproofmonk:
7 pages already and no one has picked holes in the title.

First of all,it is not a platform being constructed.Its an FPSO Integration Yard! FPSO which stands for Floating Production Storage Offloading Vessel.
This will be the first of its kind in Africa,and was brought about by the Total Egina project.Samsung Heavy Industries will be constructing the hull and some modules in South Korea which will be towed to Nigeria and integrated. LADOL was appointed as partner to SHI for this purpose.Another reason for Lagos being the choice was because of the depth of water to accomodate the FPSO.ND waters require additional dredging to accomodate FPSOs,which should be the responsibility of govt.

FYI,sayyu dantata is constructing a similar integration yard on Ogogoro Island....also in Lagos smiley The quay length is going to be 1km,enough to accomodate 3 FPSOs at a time smiley

You want some people to die of heart attack with this new info.

5 Likes

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by atlwireles: 12:44pm On May 18, 2015
Demdem:

So u just opened ur mouth to threaten not knowing how to actualise ur dream eh? grin grin

Ur case is like that a former Nigerian rebel leader who staged a war without sitting down by counting the cost. I expect the same waterloo to befall u if u choose to thread his path grin

Let me send you my last reply, take a sit and enjoy the bravado of your new president, CNN, BBC, Channels and your favourite Sahara reporters, will provide you enough News coverage. You will have ample time to comment on these threads as they happen. Have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Lushore1: 12:47pm On May 18, 2015
agrovick:

Peruse my post, I didn't say so. All I said was that the possible reason why Niger deltans are not getting the job is because they are not qualified. It was a response to somebody who had the mindset that the locals should be given the jobs irrespective of their qualifications

Sorry, i miss quote you....
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by ayoromer: 12:48pm On May 18, 2015
jona was thinking of one naija but actually nothing like one naija because d nirth n dwest build city wit niger delta oil money now give our man time to atleast help his people wit their money dey refuse if not for d oil blocks wat makes d name one naija if dis oil blocks are owned by d north or d west wil d name one naija be wicked people jona know now there is no one naija so all oil project should be in d niger delta d land is no good for investors

1 Like

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Demdem(m): 12:50pm On May 18, 2015
atlwireles:

Let me send you my last reply, take a sit and enjoy the bravado of your new president, CNN, BBC, Channels and your favorite Sahara reporters, will provide you enough News coverage. You will have ample time to comment on these threads as they happen. Have a nice day.

u still havent stated how u intend achieving this......................or where u blabbing?

atlwireles:

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Chigold101(m): 12:52pm On May 18, 2015
superstar1:

Is it that you people refuse to read and only rely on the lies your uncles are telling you, to make them feel good and look.like superheroes in your eyes?

Was it the northerners that thwarted Adaka Boro's dream of Republic of Niger Delta or Aguiyi Ironsi.

For you information, your Aguiyi Ironsi crushed the dream of Republic of Niger Delta and jailed Adaka Boro for treason.
lolzzz... Please who is Aguiyi Ironsi? In your entire life how many times have you read or heard Igbos praising him. Aguiyi Ironsi was not fit to be anything other than army general in far away Congo. Aguiyi Ironsi is a GRADE ONE FAIRLURE. Aguiyi Ironsi was only doing the biddens of the born to rule zoo keepers whom he sorounded himself with.

The zoo masters finally killed him when they felt he has outstayed his welcome.

Before you write another thrash. Remember that it is the zoo keepers that gave him power not the revolutionaries. The revolution that children of Lower NIGER ploted and carried just because of a little mistake, someone who has no revolutionary ambition came up and messed the dream and aspiration of our brave men.

May their souls find rest...

Please shove the name of the man somewhere far away when issues of the Lower NIGER & Biafra is been discussed.
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Chiaka(f): 12:56pm On May 18, 2015
2n2k:

Before Ladol, FPSO were being constructed in Europe and Asia. Why was no noise made then?

Ladol was not set up for the FPSO in question. It is a private engineering company. It hustled for customers and the IOCs seen that it has the capacity to do the job decided to award the contracts to it. It does other jobs apart from constructing fpso.

Well if the condition is not favourable they should pack and leave. Several other companies will grab the juicy opportunity
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by superstar1(m): 1:03pm On May 18, 2015
Chigold101:
lolzzz... Please who is Aguiyi Ironsi? In your entire life how many times have you read or heard Igbos praising him. Aguiyi Ironsi was not fit to be anything other than army general in far away Congo. Aguiyi Ironsi is a GRADE ONE FAIRLURE. Aguiyi Ironsi was only doing the biddens of the born to rule zoo keepers whom he sorounded himself with.

Before you write another thrash. Remember that it is the zoo keepers that gave him power not the revolutionaries. The revolution that children of Lower NIGER ploted and carried just because of a little mistake, someone who has no revolutionary ambition came up and messed the dream and aspiration of our brave men.

Please shove the name of the man somewhere far away when issues of the Lower NIGER & Biafra is been discussed.

You are very funny. Aguiyi Ironsi is now a northerner.

Have you forgotten he stole power from the northerners?

The bottom line is Aguiyi Ironsi killed the dream of realisation of Republic of Niger Delta. Simple as ABC.

Who are the revolutionaries? This guy, you think you are still in the days of red beret wearing brigands calling themselves revolutionaries.

Wake up you are in 2015.

5 Likes

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Chigold101(m): 1:04pm On May 18, 2015
agrovick:

Peruse my post, I didn't say so. All I said was that the possible reason why Niger deltans are not getting the job is because they are not qualified. It was a response to somebody who had the mindset that the locals should be given the jobs irrespective of their qualifications
here they go again. When it comes to matters that concern people from Niger Delta & Igbos, they talk of qualification. When it concerns the zoo keeper of hausa fulani extraction,they remember federal character. When it concerns their slave friends, the yorubas they remember their blood brothers. It is a pity.

You want to me “us“ think that in the whole of Niger Delta region, they dont produce enough qualifeid people to work in a good company...

Too bad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Progress2468(m): 1:11pm On May 18, 2015
agrovick:

Lol, oga go check map. Ondo state is Niger delta ke? Mayb we have a new map of Nigeria

Gooooooosh Even you too.
The Niger Delta is made up of nine different states namely Rivers, Bayelsa, Abia, Imo, Ondo, Delta, Akwa-Ibom, Edo and Cross-river
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by AhmedMustapha(m): 1:18pm On May 18, 2015
ayoromer:
jona was thinking of one naija but actually nothing like one naija because d nirth n dwest build city wit niger delta oil money now give our man time to atleast help his people wit their money dey refuse if not for d oil blocks wat makes d name one naija if dis oil blocks are owned by d north or d west wil d name one naija be wicked people jona know now there is no one naija so all oil project should be in d niger delta d land is no good for investors
Mr Man what are you even saying?
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by ayoromer: 1:23pm On May 18, 2015
Thank God jona is stil alive unlike awo n mko he wil fight it ti d end because he firmerly think one naija is a people but now he known it just a name investors are afraid to invest but are not afraid to come to d same place to drill d oil abi d west u people are wicked leave d oil project only if d companies can not invest there they should not drill too.
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by guonno: 1:24pm On May 18, 2015
Good morning Niger delta, day don break abi? My wish is dat Anambra, enugu, imo, akwa ibom, cross river, anioma in delta, ebonyi n abia will eventually become a nation after the UN MEETING. The uhrobos, yorubas, and others will now fight d majority north to become free, that time u people will understand d good biafra would have done u all.... Myopic set of people.

lyntiffany:
I like the part omare said " henceforth any oil company that does not have their oil company in N/D would not be allowed to operate in their region" now this is what I call taking the bull by the horn.

One will simply imagine how a region is creating wealth and it is being enjoyed by the "sophisticated" and the "born to rule" mentality.
To enlighten you come to south south most of the oil companies there are being managed by the "sophisticated" whereas the youths and the owners of the oil begg's to be employed.
So much injustice perpetrated in this country called one Nigeria.
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by afawokay(m): 1:24pm On May 18, 2015
MayorofLagos:

...what an ignoramus!! Is Ondo a Niger Delta state? Is Chad basin a Niger Delta state?

Oil exploration in Chad had ceased due to risks of terrorism. If the cost/benefit scale of doing business in the Delta flattens out the explorers will abandon the rigs and take business elsewhere. They will then sanction your oil production in the market. How will you find the resource to grow your economy in the Delta? You will regress and stagnate.

Jonathan was clueless before March 28th, and he is still clueless after.
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by SonOfEl(m): 1:49pm On May 18, 2015
superstar1:

that was because ironsi was a nationalist who had little patience for militia. Secondly, boro acted without the consensus of the entire niger-delta people, not all niger-deltans are ijaws, some niger-deltas were efik, ibibio, bekwara, kalabari, and even igbos. Its a shame boro was killed by the same people he allied with against biafra.
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by SonOfEl(m): 2:00pm On May 18, 2015
Chigold101:

i do not accept your explanation. Ironsi's failure was 'unitary decree' he issued, and his ambivalence and approach in dousing the tension that is already fever high.

Ironsi's mistakes made incoming leaders sit up and avoid the potholes he fell into. Asides that, he was a first class general, at least he didnt commit genocide against boro's people.

Try to be constructive in your criticism and stop embarassing igbos here. Go and download 'iron side' online, written by a iloegbunam, a seasoned igbo historian and get a balanced view about him.

4 Likes

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by superstar1(m): 2:08pm On May 18, 2015
SonOfEl:

that was because ironsi was a nationalist who had little patience for militia. Secondly, boro acted without the consensus of the entire niger-delta people, not all niger-deltans are ijaws, some niger-deltas were efik, ibibio, bekwara, kalabari, and even igbos. Its a shame boro was killed by the same people he allied with against biafra.

Whatever makes Ironsi a nationalist to stop secession, is what makes Gowon one too.

If he does not have the backing of his people, they will not be celebrating him.

There is no proof that Boro was killed by the people he made his allies. How are we sure it was not an Igbo that killed him, out of bitterness for fighting for Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by agrovick(m): 2:22pm On May 18, 2015
Chigold101:
here they go again. When it comes to matters that concern people from Niger Delta & Igbos, they talk of qualification. When it concerns the zoo keeper of hausa fulani extraction,they remember federal character. When it concerns their slave friends, the yorubas they remember their blood brothers. It is a pity.

You want to me “us“ think that in the whole of Niger Delta region, they dont produce enough qualifeid people to work in a good company...

Too bad
Ok sir, I guess peradventure you have a company, you will employ all sorts of people irrespective of whether they are capable or not.
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by SonOfEl(m): 2:23pm On May 18, 2015
superstar1:

Whatever makes Ironsi a nationalist to stop secession, is what makes Gowon one too.

If he does not have the backing of his people, they will not be celebrating him.

There is no proof that Boro was killed by the people he made his allies. How are we sure it was not an Igbo that killed him, out of bitterness for fighting for Nigeria.

gowon was a nationalist who had blood of millions of women and children in his hands. Not until recently, boro was celebrated esp by the ijaws, ask other tribes, they will raise an eyebrow.
Every dick and harry knows boro was snuffed by the northerners. Shikena.
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by agrovick(m): 2:24pm On May 18, 2015
Progress2468:

Gooooooosh Even you too.
The Niger Delta is made up of nine different states namely Rivers, Bayelsa, Abia, Imo, Ondo, Delta, Akwa-Ibom, Edo and Cross-river
Well we learn everyday, what makes Ondo a Niger Delta state? I'm willing to learn

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Cpl Matthew Isaac Arrested For Dancing To Cult Song In Ebonyi Demoted / Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari: "Matter Closed" / Joe Igbokwe: Ebelechukwu Obiano Deserved The Slap From Bianca Ojukwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.