Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. (74866 Views)

Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix / Amaechi Vs Akpabio: Who Performed Better As A Governor / My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by TS2(m): 8:56am On May 19, 2015
Naughtysite:

So ?

How much is Logos IGR ? Nah you dey chop am ?

Did Lagos IGR fall from Heaven? Didnt the government buckle up to ensure the state was independent of Federal ALlocation?

Infact that is one of Fashola's projects.

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by bros856: 8:58am On May 19, 2015
It's really crazy for any Nigerian to compare Fashola's projects in Lagos state with what Akpabio has done because Akwa Ibom State is not compared to Lagos state in anyway. Please am from Akwa Ibom State and my state project is not anyway close to Lagos state projects even though Akpabio has tried with his media noise. Thanks

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by Omotayor123(f): 8:59am On May 19, 2015
Dem Try...
Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by nwaanambra1(m): 9:00am On May 19, 2015
but i no understand - u mean say all the allocation going to akwa-ibom na just those few stvpid roads the governor can boast of constructing for 5 years!

PDP and scam - same! same!

SEE FASHOLA - ALL HIS PROJECT HE IS THERE TO LAUNCH IT! NOT THAT OTHER SCAMMER THAT IS NOT SEEN IN ANY PROJECT SITE!

APC ROCKS! cool

I LIKE THE AKPABIO GUY SHA! HE KNOWS WHERE HIS RETIREMENT WILL BE SO HE BUILT HIMSELF A BEFITTING PRISON EDIFICE! grin

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by OduaVanguard: 9:02am On May 19, 2015
nwaanambra1:
but i no understand - u mean say all the allocation going to akwa-ibom na just those few stvpid roads the governor can boast of constructing for 5 years!

PDP and scam - same! same!

SEE FASHOLA - ALL HIS PROJECT HE IS THERE TO LAUNCH IT! NOT THAT OTHER SCAMMER THAT IS NOT SEEN IN ANY PROJECT SITE!

APC ROCKS! cool

I LIKE THE AKPABIO GUY SHA! HE KNOWS WHERE HIS RETIREMENT WILL BE SO HE BUILT HIMSELF A BEFITTING PRISON EDIFICE! grin

There's more to come from Lag, the OP only went on a break. cheesy
Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by SeverusSnape(m): 9:03am On May 19, 2015
egift:
Once Fashola's projects start coming in, somebody will be in Akwa Ibom shouting Rigging. It will be like INEC announcing the figures from Kano during the last Presidential Election grin grin grin grin

lalasticlala FP please. The incoming governors need to learn that it is important to deliver.
What are you even saying??...Rubbish!

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by mrmetoo1: 9:04am On May 19, 2015
chuna1985:

Jesus Christ, have u been to Lagos

No.. Never!!
Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by Nobody: 9:04am On May 19, 2015
philips70:

Please, my friend Izonwei, you forgot to add Jonathan. they all failed Bayelsa state. In my assessment Akpabio is a demon in his type of politics but he has made a categorical statement to other governors in the Niger Delta. The problem most of these governors have is that apart from stealing they lack vision and the mental cum technical ability to transform a state but Akpabio scored very high in this regard. I do not really subscribe to the comparison of him and Fashola of LAGOS state. It's like apples and oranges to me. I would rather Akpabio is put on scale with his contemporaries in the Niger Delta.
I will have to agree with you...akpabio really tried compared to his contemporaries in the niger delta...you are also true when you said apart from stealing they lack vision...its all about stealing...I imagine what bayelsa should like if stealing was less and works was more...bayelsa would be the dubai of nigeria...but go to bayelsa state now and you would shake your head off your neck..mediocrity at its peak..no clean water..roads are barely completed..the state governor would complete a few kilometers of road and paste pictures everywhere like he did something monumental...airport no way..infrastructures nkor??...na lie..nothing nothing nothing..bayelsa used to have the largest rice farm back in those days in peremabiri but now agriculture is zero...all because of visionless thieves..please cant we borrow fashola??...

9 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by Nobody: 9:07am On May 19, 2015
isan:
U can never compare fashola with akpabio it not possible undecided

Akpabio governed just 5 million people while fashola governed 21 million people

Is it Fashola that feeds to 21million? What has population got to do with service? As a matter of fact 21million people means more revenue!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by Jaideyone(m): 9:08am On May 19, 2015
CSTR2:
You people are really funny.
Akwaibom's major source of revenue is from federal allocations.
Rivers akwaibom and lagos are the three biggest reciepients of federal allocations with akwaibom looking the most promising.
So there is nothing special about akwaibom's revenues.
Lagos on the other hand not only recieves one of the biggest federal revenues, but generates huge IGR while piling up humongous debts even with increasing under-development.
So your fashola is the scam of the highest order.
stop exhibiting your ignorance. akwa ibom receives close to 150b more than Lagos yearly. Even Delta, Bayelsa and Rivers receive more than Lagos. get yourself educated

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by TS2(m): 9:09am On May 19, 2015
BekeeBuAgbara:
When did it jump to 21 million undecided? Acccording to 2006 National population census, the population of Lagos was 7,937, 932 million.

That report was a sham
Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by here: 9:10am On May 19, 2015
Why compare the only 2 governors aside Duke who has given us hope in the last 16yrs.
I think this thread is in bad taste and does not encourage what each has done.I expected two threads,dedicated to each and stating what should have done and atleast let the incoming hear and understand and let states like Bayelsa,Rivers,Delta and Kaduna amongst others bow in shame.
Not fair, if you look closely you also discover none has achieved anything in employment generation,we are not saying government employ,we are saying open up the employment opportunities and consider it a critical sector and also health.

What is the essence of this thread? I expect live pictures too of Abia and Ebonyi not internet pics. Sorry about this but not happy you compare this two.Imagine if Nigeria were to have Fashola President and Akpabio vice,imagine how nice that would seem

1 Like

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by BabaO2: 9:11am On May 19, 2015
BekeeBuAgbara:
After the 2006 national census Lagos state goverment disputed the result and allocated 17 million to itself, today the population of Lagos is about 13 million not 21 million.
You are correct, Lagos metropolis is 13+ m while Uyo town is 102,000. What you are checking is stats by cities. Check it very well again.
Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by Darlduchi: 9:11am On May 19, 2015
Take a look at all the fire trucks purchased by Fashola, yet once or twice a month Biafrans will loose their business to fire that is never curtailed until the last structure is burnt down.

The bitterness of those who fear the wave of human progress. (Yorubas should do some soul searching)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by Jaideyone(m): 9:14am On May 19, 2015
jcmaiah:

Is it Fashola that feeds to 21million? What has population got to do with service? As a matter of fact 21million people means more revenue!
increase in population equates to increase on the pressure on public infrastructure. more roads will be needed and the roads will be maintained more frequently, there will be more unemployed youths to employ, the will be need for more teachers, doctors, nurses, hospitals, better waste management, etc. the cost of governing 20m ppl is at least 3 times the cost of governing 5million people

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by gbishman: 9:18am On May 19, 2015
This two governors need to work with buhari
Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by simdam500(m): 9:20am On May 19, 2015
Been expecting these thread since.... I knew it would be aresa.

Your GEJ vs BRF was awesome cool

Going back to review from page 1
Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by SunkyAde: 9:21am On May 19, 2015
Majority of Akwa Ibom projects are in Uyo, Uyo is just like Ikeja in Lagos. Projects in Lagos are in Ikeja, Lekki, VI, Agege, Ogba, Badagry, and many more local govts. There really is no comparison. One concentrated all resources in one area (Uyo), while the other spread development all across the state (Lagos).

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by simdam500(m): 9:22am On May 19, 2015
3ace: Threads like this are breeding grounds for war on this site but this might be an exception since we don't have too many people from this minority group on Nairaland. Make I siddon dey observe how dis one go end sha.

Seun can handle it cheesy
Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by disumusa: 9:22am On May 19, 2015
Fashola projet concentrate on educating,norms, value,and humanitarian development, while akpabo is bulding structur, without bulding human i.e house girl, okada rider e.t.c

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by BabaO2: 9:23am On May 19, 2015
chuna1985:

in 2006, Lagos was about 9.1 million people according to the census
When we dont know our population how do we fix so many things in our society. Population issue is politicized. Yea, OBJ/PDP population census in 2006 allotted 9m to Lagos, but foolishly they said there were 3,000,000 houses in Lagos. Does that means 3 people live in a house in Lagos ?. We need consultants to do so many things for us, it is a pity we dont have any fact on anything in Nigeria. Up till now we dont know how many barrels of oil we are producing each day. MKO raised this fundamental issue at 1993 election debate ........

1 Like

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by TS2(m): 9:24am On May 19, 2015
PDPwayoo:

op is people like you that r taking Nigeria backward. You celebrate every little thing. you celebrate even when someone gave you half of your supposed right.
ARE THEY DOING IT WITH THEIR POCKET MONEY? AKPABIO RECEIVE THE HIGHEST FEDERAL ALLOCATION WHILE FASHIOLA RECEIVE THE HIGHEST REVENUE.

THEY ARE ALL THIEVES COS THEY ARE 1000X RICHER TODAY THAN WHEN THEY CAME TO OFFICE...

The revenue fell down from Heaven abi?

The fact that Lagos is independent of Federal Allocation in itself is a laudable project.

It didnt happen by chance, it happened by work and vision
Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by lamrose: 9:27am On May 19, 2015
THE TWO GOVERNORS DID THEIR LEVEL BEST IN THEIR TIME.
IN MY OPINION, YOU SHOULDN'T COMPARE THEM. THEY WORKED.
REMEMBER, LAGOS STATE IS RELATED TO OUR LONDON IN NIGERIA
Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by guttentag(m): 9:27am On May 19, 2015
We need light jn Nigeria too
Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by Ujupsy: 9:28am On May 19, 2015
Transformation of Akwa ibom to Abuja, Change Lagos is still waiting.
Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by buJu234: 9:28am On May 19, 2015
i think both of them did well although Fashola did better...

but wait oo...

can we see photos of the projects completed by Delta state governor Uduagha (the Silver bird governor of the years )?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by ideologies(m): 9:30am On May 19, 2015
Elslim:
fashola ooooo

Akpabio is a fraud.
don't say what you don't know.

Op is just a big disgrace trying to gain popularity.

The indexes for comparison is wrong, neither has he visited akwa ibom before.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by Nobody: 9:30am On May 19, 2015
Jaideyone:
increase in population equates to increase on the pressure on public infrastructure. more roads will be needed and the roads will be maintained more frequently, there will be more unemployed youths to employ, the will be need for more teachers, doctors, nurses, hospitals, better waste management, etc. the cost of governing 20m ppl is at least 3 times the cost of governing 5million people
Same way the revenue generated from 21milion people ripples that generated from 5million pple
Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by stigman(m): 9:31am On May 19, 2015
isan:
U can never compare fashola with akpabio it not possible undecided

Akpabio governed just 5 million people while fashola governed 21 million people

Your fashola didn't see akpabios back when it comes to work, go there and see for yourself, not this small road they did here and put toll gate, lagos is more than dirty but akwa ibom isn't, move around lagos, go to places like, mushine, orile, oshodi, alaba, what fashola did was to clean the major roads, remove molue and traders on the road side, drainage is 0%, lagos smell like watin person no know, don't even talk of lekki and VI na that one dey pain me pass

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by eaglechild: 9:32am On May 19, 2015
This thread has zero credibility.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by ideologies(m): 9:33am On May 19, 2015
TS2:

The revenue fell down from Heaven abi?

The fact that Lagos is independent of Federal Allocation in itself is a laudable project.

It didnt happen by chance, it happened by work and vision
did Lagos just become highest IGR under Fashola, stop being baised
Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by dekdek: 9:34am On May 19, 2015
CSTR2:
You people are really funny.
Akwaibom's major source of revenue is from federal allocations.
Rivers akwaibom and lagos are the three biggest reciepients of federal allocations with akwaibom looking the most promising.
So there is nothing special about akwaibom's revenues.
Lagos on the other hand not only recieves one of the biggest federal revenues, but generates huge IGR while piling up humongous debts even with increasing under-development.
So your fashola is the scam of the highest order.

Actually u got it wrong completely from the onset. What responsibility does Akpabio has in Akwa ibom that fashola doesn't have more than double of such? Do u care to consider the population each one of them needs to cater for in these states.
By the time u consider the income coming into the hands of Akpabio with additional 13% derivation plus NDDC plus oil companies intervention especially MPNU, seriously there shouldn't be any poverty on that land but instead of Akpabio to be focused he is busy wasting funds on celebrities buying them cars and flashy stuffs.
By the way, there is a huge difference in revenue from fg for both states.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court / Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) / Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.