Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,204 members, 7,815,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers (41968 Views)

Fayose To Governors: Cut Your Minimum Wives Not Wages / Arase Reduces Number Of Policemen Attached To Governors From 150 To 62 / Another Shocker To APC Withing 3 Days....... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by heneversleep: 8:59am On May 26, 2015
hedonistic:

Nigerians are not really interested in whether the subsidy is removed or not. They are only interested in not paying higher prices, which unfortunately, is what removing subsidies means in this warped country where a cartel controls the importation and marketing of petroleum products.

Nigerians protested against Jonathan because fuel prices skyrocketed from N65 to about N140 per litre when the subsidy was removed in 2012. Would they have protested if the price fell from N65 to N55 as a result of subsidy removal? No! So Buhari must be prepared to face the wrath of Nigerian masses if he removes subsidies and the price of fuel keeps skyrocketing as has been the case with diesel ever since subsidy on diesel was removed many years ago.
If Buhari decides to remove the fuel subsidy, I do not see him facing any wrath due to the present popularity and support that he has. Infact, this is actually the right time to do this. Any one comparing the political terrain of 2011 with the present one set him/ her self on a failure course. People are more enlightened now.
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by saltoftheearth: 9:00am On May 26, 2015
Whether Jonathan likes it or not, Fuel scarcity or not....GOD win...Buhari win. Countdown to the exit of our own Emperor Nero Jonathan, the man who almost burnt down Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdr-5ZPW9C0

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by notoriousbabe: 9:03am On May 26, 2015
Kai this man wan spoil my market be dis o
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by notoriousbabe: 9:03am On May 26, 2015
Eyaaaaa this man wan spoil my market be dis o
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by notoriousbabe: 9:04am On May 26, 2015
Kai this man wan spoil my market be dis o
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by Chiaka(f): 9:05am On May 26, 2015
Good comment
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by Charly68: 9:06am On May 26, 2015
May God bless the peoples General .All those who think Nigeria is shop I shop willbe disappointed in Jesus name. Let them be running up and down. The mark of a true leader is independent mind. He must have the mind of his own..All those who handpicked ministers for President Jonathan are now writing all manner of rubbish against him giving us reasons why he failed. If u fail it is Buhari's name they will mention ..therefore stand firm and chose those you can fire if they fumble..hence their loyalty will be towards you not unto any political godfather
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by Nobody: 9:11am On May 26, 2015
ANGELMARVE:
I PRAY THIS MAN SHUD NT B ASSASINATED, "i smell a plot
God forbid! angry
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by firefox4th(m): 9:12am On May 26, 2015
This is 'God sent',and as many as shall rise against him shall be CRUSHED(warning for the disobedients), you shall look for them you shall not find them, its not Buhari that will do all these but He that has sent him .
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 9:14am On May 26, 2015
Terabyteck:
The incoming president, who will be inaugurated on Friday, also gave an indication that he may not continue subsidy in the petroleum sector.

I believe Nigerians will not protest again for fuel ⛽ subsidy removal...

They went against GEJ for trying to remove this very subsidy.
What Nigerians protested for was the wrong timing. You just wake up on the first day of the year and face serious sufferings without explanation or prior notice? That was very bad bro and that was Nigerians were against. If GEJ had notified the people like a month or two months before, trust me, NOBODY would have protested...
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by kilode100(f): 9:21am On May 26, 2015
efilefun:
This aint a fedora hat wearing drunkard who was "remote controlled" by some women and old fools.

GMB was there before and he's back to make the change he was forcefully stopped from making. May God Almighty Guide and protect him from the evil ones.

23 Likes

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by Godson32(m): 9:37am On May 26, 2015
We re going to have a President that will act Presidentially.
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by Rhoteabarca(m): 9:41am On May 26, 2015
Dis is d kind of man we want in Nigeria. Shock dem more! #Sai_Baba
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by SergeAlain: 9:42am On May 26, 2015
My guy, you no read my post well.

I explained exactly what i would have done:

'' define the criteria/CV for each ministerial candidate and accept recommendation from a broad based group including Governors, party leadership, industry groups, Multilateral agencies (World Bank, UN, IFC etc.), and select the best hands''

Selecting just based on a narrow/ personal network of persons will lead to compromise and selection of suboptimal candidates thats all am saying sir.

Do you disagree?

49cents:

U sef what do u want

Jonathan let the big wigs have their way and where did it get him

Buhari does the opposite u criticse

Do you want the big wigs to keep on being the primary beneficiary of the government or what

I remain an unrepentant buhari opposser but his got it right here

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by rottenegg: 9:54am On May 26, 2015
Well I guess non will be below 60yrs of age!
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by uwakmfonabasi(f): 10:05am On May 26, 2015
interesting! watching with all amount if seriousness undecidedinteresting! watching with all amount if seriousness
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by Jahbles93: 10:18am On May 26, 2015
In fact he should also pick all the comissioners for all the States
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by shukuratbaby: 10:27am On May 26, 2015
AMAZING AIRTEL DATA BUNDLE

ALREADY MADE SIM WITH DATA BUNDLE ALSO AVAILABLE

AIRTEL ONLY
2GB - N1000

CALL TUNDE: 08162637076, WHATSAPP NO: 08162637076. This applies to those that resides in lbadan alone
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:39am On May 26, 2015
Firefire:
Good move...

The so called governors should face their state to deliver good governance!

Exactly.
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by Johnterryfama(m): 10:41am On May 26, 2015
thats my presidor speaking .kai make i drink water first. i dey come ,i no go tay.
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by EMANY01(m): 10:49am On May 26, 2015
Firefire:
Good move...

The so called governors should face their state to deliver good governance!

Bros dint be sold on initial gra gra.
aEver since the apc, hired foreign media consultants every news about them is contrived.
Don't be sold so soon.
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:50am On May 26, 2015
idupaul:
Why were Governor even choosing Ministers in the first place? Governors choose their own commissioner and the choose minister, how is the president suppose to deliver his vision when his ministers are chosen by some corrupt evil governor

That is it!
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:52am On May 26, 2015
DickDastardly:

U are very right. And if he continues with this trend come 2019, he wont need campaign anywhere, as the masses all over Nigeria will then see him as their messiah.

You get am finish.
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:57am On May 26, 2015
freecitizn:
Coming from a man who discovered Dora Akunyuli, I'm with him on this. All the governors should do is advise...

May she continue to rest in place. If she were alive, she would be part of his adminstration.
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by ndukwejoe(m): 11:02am On May 26, 2015
ryd3:
Walai I DE gbadun dis guy.... If I be woman I for spread my leg for am
BAD O
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by Nobody: 11:21am On May 26, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Governors don't appoint ministers, the President does. Before this time, as it's practised in the PDP, the governors recommended/nominated. Even at that, the President has the exclusive preserve to decline the recommendations.

You are the pick of the pack.
Correcting my error without insults.

I appreciate.

dear all, I hereby tender my unreserved apologies for my error.

PassingShot:

Which section of the constitution states that the governor must nominate or choose the ministers?

What the constitution says is that a minister must be appointed in each state of the federation in addition to another six representing the six geo-political zones.

I ve just cross checked it.
They are to be appointed from the States, not governors appointing like I said.
Sincere apologies.

Kx:

Your version of the constitution dictates that governors should appoint Ministers for the President while they (the governors) in their might should single handedly appoint their own commissioners by themselves abi?
I wonder if Sambisa constitution is the one you are referring to.

I got it mixed it up.
The ministers must be appointed from each state, and not governors appointing like I said.
I got a soft copy of the constitution with me.
Apologies are mine.

1stCitizen:

Stop saying what you do not know. Go and read the constitution , it makes no provisions for Governors to nominate. It only states that every state must be represented in the ministerial list. Na wa for una oh!

Yea. that was a mistake from me. I regret it. Ministers must be appointed from each state, not governors appointing.

Jesusloveyou:
u must be an illiterate kid,and ur parents must be ashame for not wasting that sperm.

Perhaps I deserved that.

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:27am On May 26, 2015
AGBb:
I honestly think we should have voted this man in since 2011. I believe by now our country will be sanitized and free from all forms of corruption. its never late though.

Better late than never.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by PassingShot(m): 11:33am On May 26, 2015
noblezone:

I appreciate.

Sincere apologies.

I got it mixed it up.
The ministers must be appointed from each state, and not governors appointing like I said.
Apologies are mine.

Yea. that was a mistake from me. I regret it. Ministers must be appointed from each state, not governors appointing.

Perhaps I deserved that.

Thanks.
Apologies accepted! grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:33am On May 26, 2015
noblezone:
The constitution stated governors are to appoint Ministers.
If Buhari want to deviate from that, he needs constitutional amendment.

If he does that without an amendment, then he has broken the law.

If we support him to break the law because it suits us, then the law must be trashed completely and a new one done.

else, he will be teaching us to break the law that nothing will happen.
Anyway, he did break it before and nothing happened.

For those calling Jonathan names:
He was obeying the constitution of the Federal Republic of the Slave Camp, eemmm, sorry..Nigeria.

CAN someone clarify this for me please?
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by princeade86(m): 11:42am On May 26, 2015
generaliy07:
Nigeria’s President-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari, says no minister will be picked by governors for the incoming administration.

General Buhari dropped the hint at the
weekend in Abuja. He insisted that he will chose his ministers by himself from the six geo-political zones, irrespective of political party and without consulting the Governors.

This is a clear departure from the tradition
of the Peoples Democratic Party, where
governors are asked to nominate
ministerial appointees.

‘Promised To Tackle Corruption’

The incoming president, who will be inaugurated on Friday, also gave an indication that he may not continue subsidy in the petroleum sector.

General Buhari also promised to tackle
corruption and block the loopholes in the
oil and gas sector as soon as possible.

He had earlier said his Cabinet would be
made up of people with requisite
experience and committed technocrats.

The President-elect said his choice of
Cabinet members would stimulate the
incoming administration towards
delivering good governance that would
meet the aspirations of Nigerians.

He also said his administration would give
priority to education, employment creation
and security, stressing that
unemployment was the biggest threat to
Nigeria.

skytrendnews.com/index.php/news/cover/8686-buhari-hands-out-shocker-to-governors-says-they-won-t-nominate-ministers
wen wil u stop deceiving us with ur fake news. Buhari dat traveled 2 london on friday, droped d hint on sat in abuja. And many people we stil believe ur lie.
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by Jesusloveyou: 11:51am On May 26, 2015
noblezone:

I appreciate.

Sincere apologies.

I got it mixed it up.
Apologies are mine.

Perhaps I deserved that.

Thanks.
apology accepted, very sorry for d insult.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by Jesusloveyou: 12:03pm On May 26, 2015
Jahbles93:
In fact he should also pick all the comissioners for all the States
wetin concern am with state commisioners

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"If You Have N1m Run Away From Nigeria" -Tinubu Supporter Advocates For Japa / CAPTION This Photo Of Bukola Saraki And Tinubu's Wife At The National Assembly / Killer Herdsmen Unleash Terror On Oyo Communities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.