Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers (41969 Views)

Fayose To Governors: Cut Your Minimum Wives Not Wages / Arase Reduces Number Of Policemen Attached To Governors From 150 To 62 / Another Shocker To APC Withing 3 Days....... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by front247: 12:05pm On May 26, 2015
That is d truth how can gov dictate to d presido na so LG chairmen they nominate commissioners for them.
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by frisky2good(m): 12:26pm On May 26, 2015
I will send you a message with the title "didn't I tell you" when the time comes.

PassingShot:

So? Will senators refuse to confirm his nominees because they were not a product of the governors?

You dey make me laugh man! grin
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 26, 2015
ferhyntorlah:

CAN someone clarify this for me please?

I made a mistake.
The Constitution provided that ministers must be appointed from each state.
Not that the governors appoint.

That was a mistake from me.

I am sorry please.
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by Correctman0606: 1:02pm On May 26, 2015
frisky2good:
Well, he needs the stupid senators to approve his nominees and guess who controls those senators........The governors.
According Delta youths, all those actions na ''initial gra gra. We dey look and wait.
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by onyxo76(m): 1:10pm On May 26, 2015
very good ,now we can have some progress
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by NobleG1(m): 1:22pm On May 26, 2015
The so-called tradition of a president giving governors his authority to choose his own ministers, is an unintelligent thing to do! It shows the president incapable to lead.

The constitution didn't give governors any power to appoint federal ministers. Governors only have right to appoint state Commissioners and Secretary of state government.

I'm glad Buhari chose to do what real presidents do.
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:30pm On May 26, 2015
noblezone:

I made a mistake. The Constitution provided that ministers must be appointed from each state. Not that the governors appoint.
That was a mistake from me.
I am sorry please.
That's noble of you.
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by donemitex1: 1:41pm On May 26, 2015
Are you speaking Chineese or what?
BigElEddy:
You can't teach an old dog new tricks. Una necer chi chum chin
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by Hope15: 1:44pm On May 26, 2015
GEJ will be like: "And I wanted to do this o o o! Why did they tell me it was unconstitutional?"
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by Nobody: 3:48pm On May 26, 2015
ferhyntorlah:

That's noble of you.

Its only a child or an adult blinded by ego that will refuse to acknowledge a mistake when it happens.
Thanks for the complement anyway.
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:58pm On May 26, 2015
noblezone:

Its only a child or an adult blinded by ego that will refuse to acknowledge a mistake when it happens.
Thanks for the complement anyway.

GOD bless you really good.
One character I love in a man is admittance of error/fault and apologising. You know most men find it difficult to admit their errors and apologise but you are a rare specie. So I salute you.
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by mayusguy(m): 5:07pm On May 26, 2015
All of you waiting for him to fail will be disgraced undecided by God's grace
Lildrizzle:
Still waiting for the magic show to begin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by myklangelo(m): 6:07pm On May 26, 2015
wman:

Must you comment?

Dumbass
Deafass, no I must not comment, hope your ulcer just reduced? Tnx!

The first Igbo language blog is out..... visit, have fun and share. let us promote our language. www.odeniigbo..com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"If You Have N1m Run Away From Nigeria" -Tinubu Supporter Advocates For Japa / CAPTION This Photo Of Bukola Saraki And Tinubu's Wife At The National Assembly / Killer Herdsmen Unleash Terror On Oyo Communities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.