Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,530 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard (71107 Views)

What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian / The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed / Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by Mmaria: 9:07pm On May 28, 2015
Chairman Rashid and Chief Santus comes to mind. Will they allow him to work?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by colossus2: 9:08pm On May 28, 2015
Reference:

Better cheer up or it will be a long four years for you.
For you
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 28, 2015
Lushcream:

If he renege, at his age and level of experience and expertise as well as a Former President and a Topmost ranking Officer in the army ..... General, posterity and the sweat and effort of Nigerians shall hang on his neck till eternity......

If he renege?... Are you kidding me?
And what about the souls of the youth corper he killed during 2011 presidential elections? Has it been hung on his neck? No! It has rather made him a president and a welcoming one at that....

1 Like

Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by drtwist(m): 9:11pm On May 28, 2015
fx45:

U have no shame! People like you are the reason why Nigeria has remained the way it is. We need to hold our politicians accountable for whatever they say. By so-doing they wont ever take us for granted as is the norm here. It is called accountability and integrity.

What you're suggesting here is that its ok for politicians to tell us lies and get away with it. Any structure built on a foundation of lies and deceit will definitely collapse. It has been designed by default to fail!

I wonder why you're so desperately trying to make excuses for an incoming government that is yet to fail... APC and Buhari will be held accountable to their campaign promises and that is the only way forward.
My broda, I'm not making excuse for anybody just trying to make you understand that politics is not a game that you depends on, if nigeria is to have any messiah I think GEJ would have be the one because he got to that position truth GOD favour without hard labour . APC can never achieve 65% of their promises quote me anywhere. What you have to pray for is someone that can meet up to 50% expectations from the masses if not you will die of heart attack o... Your APC that you are hoping on what were they able to achieve with the few state they govern?

1 Like

Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by olutunde12(m): 9:12pm On May 28, 2015
ollyruffy:
Once he fights corruption and indiscipline from the top most position in the country to the last common man on the street in Nigeria, he would have achieved 90% of all these promises.

Paranoid! Corruption, corruption, corruption. I know corruption is bad, but it it not all it is to life. It is a long thing, i tell you. Well, shebi Tomorrow is May 29?

1 Like

Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by malbro(m): 9:15pm On May 28, 2015
Mogidi:
8. Stabilise oil price

Saving this page for future reference.
EQUATE #1 TO $1

1 Like

Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by Nobody: 9:36pm On May 28, 2015
ollyruffy:
Once he fights corruption and indiscipline from the top most position in the country to the last common man on the street in Nigeria, he would have achieved 90% of all these promises.
This is just the preamble of the whole corruption thingy!....
Question is... How will he fight corruption from the top? Down to the streets in all the 36states?
Buhari think... it's easy!....
Like a thread was opened and GEJ was accused for not providing a community with water/boreholes... Was GEJ expected to know that places like that exist without a borehole? When they've got local government chairmens and counsellors and governors whom they voted to lead them!....
Am seriously waiting to see how GMB will tackle corruption when OBJ is his right hand man!....

2 Likes

Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by Reference(m): 9:37pm On May 28, 2015
fx45:

This thread is not about Jonathan. The way you people are going, I see a situation in which 4 years on, Jonathan will still be blamed if Buhari's government fails to deliver. This is the same disgusting scenerio that has played out in my own Abia state since 2007. Anytime you ask T.A Orji supporters about what the governor has done, they'll be quick to ask you what Orji Uzor Kalu did while in office.

I sincerely hope that we havent been brought out thus far to take us back to Egypt again.

I'm afraid but that is exactly how at least the first tenure will play out. What worries me is not Buhari, (we know what he's all about) but the people. What role should they play in making the new government succeed or otherwise. No one is saying what they will do, just what Buhari will do. So after 4 years very little is accomplished simply because only one man drives everything. The others sabotage or at best do nothing.

Democracy is a game of numbers. What Nigeria will become by 2019 is what the majority of Nigerians believe it will become inspite of Buhari, and what I see quite frankly doesn't encourage me.
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by nortcentrallord(m): 9:41pm On May 28, 2015
drtwist:
Don't want to hold him on his campaign promise cos without that you would not have voted for him( all politicians need that to succeed).
Just want Buhari to provide constant light, reduce fuel price, resuscitate D.S.C. And other company, ban the use of generator and implement confab report

All you just mentioned is still part of his campaign promises. You only picked the once you feel are important to you. The same way other Nigerians have picked others that are important to them. A summation of all will still lead us back to the whole promise.

2 Likes

Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by skedy1(m): 9:44pm On May 28, 2015
Story for the gods.....#mbok talk 2d hands!
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by nortcentrallord(m): 9:48pm On May 28, 2015
soe:
lol

small thing
when fashola and osinbajo are in the team?

lol...very small matter i swear.

Hehehehe, wake up. Lagos State is 1/36 of the total Nigeria. As people will say, Lagos is a "no man's land" that's why it was possible even though it was only 50% was acheived but Nigeria belongs to...only God knows how many people, tribes, and interest.

1 Like

Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by Nobody: 9:52pm On May 28, 2015
The same CARTEL

1 Like

Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by Chigold101(m): 9:52pm On May 28, 2015
Reading through this post it clearly shows that Buhari “hates“ certificate.
He is not a fan of getting job by school certification.

1 Like

Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by zaksrocafella(m): 9:58pm On May 28, 2015
I voted for him without knowing all this promises... u sure you no add suger?? grin
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by ERODEDEAST(f): 10:11pm On May 28, 2015
We Shall See.
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by meccuno: 10:12pm On May 28, 2015
Daniyemi:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/what-buhari-promised-nigerians/
Not Possible.......Unless He Is A god....To Even Imagine That There Are People Who Fell For These Gimmicks.....I Rest My Case
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by Raxz(m): 10:17pm On May 28, 2015
Just hopping!
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by coruso(m): 10:30pm On May 28, 2015
dustydee:

I thought Vanguard was serious until they included promises made by PDP on behalf of APC.
what are you saying? I watched it live, when he was interviewed and he was asked how he is going to run the economy with the fall of oil price in the international market, and he replied, " I will stabilise international oil price......"
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by gloriana(f): 10:35pm On May 28, 2015
cuteboy2:
He also promised to:

1. Find and bring back the Chibok girls

2. End the Boko Haram insurgency in the North East. End BH bombings everywhere in Nigeria, and drive BH out of Nigeria.

3. Provide school lunch to children in all Secondary and Primary Schools in Nigeria.

4. Provide free healthcare and free education

5. End Power outage and guaranty stable power supply

6. Abolish First Ladyship

7. End corruption in Nigeria

8. Endure naira appreciates to $1 = N1 (naira-dollar parity)

I am convinced Buhari can achieve all these and more if only the thieving crowd who put him in power can give him space.
Buhari will fight corruption yet dis same corruption put him in office. Just watching sha

2 Likes

Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by socialmediaman: 10:36pm On May 28, 2015
Mogidi:
8. Stabilise oil price

Let me help you quote it, at least you'll have something to whine about when the rest of Nigerians have moved on
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by egobetatoday: 10:36pm On May 28, 2015
drtwist:
Don't want to hold him on his campaign promise cos without that you would not have voted for him( all politicians need that to succeed).
Just want Buhari to provide constant light, reduce fuel price, resuscitate D.S.C. And other company, ban the use of generator and implement confab report

drtwist ...u would make all these promises just to win an election but Gmb didnt say all that for fun. HE IS A MAN OF HIS WORDS.
#thinking# How will politicians ever take us ( nigerians) seriously if we actually think it is normal for politicians to over promise during campaigns. why are we the ones giving them soft landing? Abi person don do for us ni? people like you should not be in the new Nigeria. Henceforth we will take our politicians by their words( campaign promises) starting from Gmb.
Note: Gmb is not going to let us down ( God helping him) so better pack your load like i said and relocate.
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by HeavenShield: 10:41pm On May 28, 2015
Mogidi:
8. Stabilise oil price

Me sef, i don save am, incase..hmmm. we must keep reminding GMB of his promises because we voted him based on the manifestoes. i pray God will give him grace and we will see the change..IJN, Amen
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by egobetatoday: 10:41pm On May 28, 2015
laurel03:
Na only God no dey fail.... But one thing I know that is certain is GMB/PYO regime will better than Jonathan by far....
stealing will reduce from tomorrow that is certain....
Corruption will not be much like PDP era...
Buhari is not perfect but better than Obj/Jonathan..

we dont want better...we want best. Something/ Someone we would use to judge our succeeding leaders, u get it?
so...
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by Mogidi: 10:46pm On May 28, 2015
HeavenShield:
Me sef, i don save am, incase..hmmm. we must keep reminding GMB of his promises because we voted him based on the manifestoes. i pray God will give him grace and we will see the change..IJN, Amen

I hope so too.
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by lionphil(m): 10:48pm On May 28, 2015
soe:
lol

small thing
when fashola and osinbajo are in the team?

lol...very small matter i swear.

But big when Tinubu, Atiku, Obj and the likes are in the picture
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by robosky02(m): 10:49pm On May 28, 2015
i hope nigerians will wait for him to deliver

i just hope....
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by AlphaDibia(m): 10:50pm On May 28, 2015
Number 14 is false, he never said that but letus say he did,.. and though it's statistically doable, it is highly improbable. Ask yourself, what will it take take to achieve that in this fuckin globalized economy?
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by AndreB: 10:51pm On May 28, 2015
Hmm...quite impressive...this is the first time I'm seeing his full manifesto....if we saw more of this...rather than the bitter propaganda that was tossed back and forth..he would have gotten more support..
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by egobetatoday: 10:51pm On May 28, 2015
phlio:
you don't need to remind us.....we know....antiapc

for people like u, i wonder what you were always thinking when you hear the word 'change' from Apc n Gmb? Change is actually holding our leaders to their words. we wanted better Nigeria that was why we voted change. its not like Gej was too ugly for us. we wanted new Nigeria... we wanted change. so the OP is not anti Apc...u are anti-good Nigeria!

we will not stop reminding the new government (its actually better for him) so that he doesnt forget why we voted for him else he will become like jona and Nigeria will be back to square one.
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by phlio(m): 10:55pm On May 28, 2015
egobetatoday:

for people like u, i wonder what you were always thinking when you hear the word 'change' from Apc n Gmb? Change is actually holding our leaders to their words. we wanted better Nigeria that was why we voted change. its not like Gej was too ugly for us. we wanted new Nigeria... we wanted change. so the OP is not anti Apc...u are anti-good Nigeria!

we will not stop reminding the new government (its actually better for him) so that he doesnt forget why we voted for him else he will become like jona and Nigeria will be back to square one.
..........for a right thinking president he doesn't need to told what to do or remained of his duties

1 Like

Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by dustydee: 11:08pm On May 28, 2015
coruso:
what are you saying? I watched it live, when he was interviewed and he was asked how he is going to run the economy with the fall of oil price in the international market, and he replied, " I will stabilise international oil price......"
Maybe you should watch it again . . What I heard (that is if you are referring to the channels interview) is "I will stabilise the oil market" and I can't fault him on that given the events of the past few days in Nigeria.

Now, did he say "price" or "market"? Be truthful.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Davido Hangs Out With Governors Wike, Makinde, Ortom, Ikpeazu In Europe (Photo) / Tinubu Meets Jonathan, Akpabio (Photos) / Between ENDSARS Looter And American Capitol Invasion Looter (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.