Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,078 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard (71122 Views)

What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian / The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed / Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by Pavarottii(m): 11:08pm On May 28, 2015
cuteboy2:
He also promised to:

1. Find and bring back the Chibok girls

2. End the Boko Haram insurgency in the North East. End BH bombings everywhere in Nigeria, and drive BH out of Nigeria.

3. Provide school lunch to children in all Secondary and Primary Schools in Nigeria.

4. Provide free healthcare and free education

5. End Power outage and guaranty stable power supply

6. Abolish First Ladyship

7. End corruption in Nigeria

8. Endure naira appreciates to $1 = N1 (naira-dollar parity)

I am convinced Buhari can achieve all these and more if only the thieving crowd who put him in power can give him space.
U must be a FOOL for typing this thrash!!!
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by elipheleh(m): 11:15pm On May 28, 2015
colossus2:

It's time you prayed for a better nigeria through this new administration and stop displaying your hatred online for a man better than your messiah undecided

Buhari is a dauradullard.

All hail the old pervert
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by luckygamus: 11:16pm On May 28, 2015
zaksrocafella:
I voted for him without knowing all this promises... u sure you no add suger?? grin
mugu chapter 1:1

1 Like

Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by elipheleh(m): 11:16pm On May 28, 2015
Pavarottii:

U must be a FOOL for typing this thrash!!!

If he is a fool what does that make baba One Chance?
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by luckygamus: 11:23pm On May 28, 2015
socialmediaman:

Let me help you quote it, at least you'll have something to whine about when the rest of Nigerians have moved on
i will remind you this
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by luckygamus: 11:28pm On May 28, 2015
egobetatoday:

drtwist ...u would make all these promises just to win an election but Gmb didnt say all that for fun. HE IS A MAN OF HIS WORDS.
#thinking# How will politicians ever take us ( nigerians) seriously if we actually think it is normal for politicians to over promise during campaigns. why are we the ones giving them soft landing? Abi person don do for us ni? people like you should not be in the new Nigeria. Henceforth we will take our politicians by their words( campaign promises) starting from Gmb.
Note: Gmb is not going to let us down ( God helping him) so better pack your load like i said and relocate.
hahahaha
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by sniperr007(m): 11:36pm On May 28, 2015
drtwist:
Don't want to hold him on his campaign promise cos without that you would not have voted for him( all politicians need that to succeed).
Just want Buhari to provide constant light, reduce fuel price, resuscitate D.S.C. And other company, ban the use of generator and implement confab report

Dats no excuse bobo. He has to deliver has promised.
Abt dsc,it belongs to amcon and nt fg. Dey jus need buyer .
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by Nobody: 11:52pm On May 28, 2015
Another propaganda from Buhari! angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by DharmyYinks: 12:09am On May 29, 2015
I don hear am!

Buh all dis in four years...hmm....na wa oo

Wel ur tym has started....lets c if change is rily gonna come( especially #1=1$ )
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by hollypagan: 12:47am On May 29, 2015
wow Ban medical tourism by our politicians from May 29, 2015. im waiting for that
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by Nobody: 12:58am On May 29, 2015
Let us hope we see positive improvements in Nigeria.
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by Aidro(m): 1:10am On May 29, 2015
Mogidi:
8. Stabilise oil price

Saving this page for future reference.

Once General, turned OPEC! #untold_story undecided
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by PhockPhockMan: 1:36am On May 29, 2015
6. Assist Nollywood to fully develop into world class movie industry that can compete effectively with Hollywood and Bollywood in due course. I will support the creative and performing arts with the necessary environment where by our great entertainers do not end their lives in abject poverty as is currently the case.

3. Revive and restructure the Nigerian Football League and put incentives in place to make it as competitive as other national leagues

9. Ban medical tourism by our politicians from May 29, 2015

5. Provide free ante-natal care for pregnant women; free health care for babies and children up to school going age and for the aged; and free treatment for those afflicted with infectious diseases such as tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS;

12. Establish six centres of excellence to address the needs of special education;

6. Provide One Meal a day for all elementary/primary/Almajiri schools That will create jobs in Agriculture, Catering, and Delivery Services

(b) building of up to 6,800km of modern railway completed by 2019;

2. Generate, transmit and distribute electricity on a 24/7 basis whilst simultaneously ensuring the development of sustainable/renewable energy, by 2019.

14. Equate N1.00 to $1.00

12. Create a Social Welfare Program of at least Five Thousand Naira (N5000) that will cater for the 25 million poorest and most vulnerable citizens upon the demonstration of children’s enrolment in school and evidence of immunisation to help promote family stability.
13. Provide allowances to the discharged but unemployed Youth Corps members for Twelve (12) months while in the skills and entrepreneurial development programmes.

2. Bring permanent peace and solution to the insurgency issues in the North-East; the Niger Delta; and other conflict prone states and areas such as Plateau, Benue, Bauchi, Borno, Abia, Taraba, Yobe, and Kaduna in order to engender national unity and social harmony;

JUST FOR RECORD PURPOSE

2 Likes

Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by Nobody: 2:13am On May 29, 2015
3. Initiate policies to ensure that Nigerians are free to live and work in any part of the country by removing state of origin, tribe, ethnic and religious affiliations from documentation requirements in our identification of citizens and replace these with State of Residence and fashion out the appropriate minimal qualification for obtaining such a state of residency, nation-wide.

So that Lagos becomes officially a no man's land and once you achieve status you can't be deported
Ndi Yoruba may quench o
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by Nobody: 2:19am On May 29, 2015
9. Ban medical tourism by our politicians from May 29, 2015.

Okokobioko
After embarking on his own may 24-27
I like this sha
Let them use the hospitals they run
Infact no government official should leave Nigeria to travel or die anywhere
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by Bollinger(m): 2:19am On May 29, 2015
spongeisback:
After 100 days then we can judge his administration. Rome wasn't built in a day.
I believe in Buhari!

After 100 days? What you want to say is "after 4 years". Listen to most of fela's songs. what has been happening didn't just start with Jonathan. It has been going on for decades. It is not possible to correct the nation's problems in 4 years since the nation's problem is mostly psychological. That is more harder to fix. Nigerians think our problem is infrastructural. Nope, it's mostly psychological. Most Nigerians have a deranged sense of reasoning. You can't bring change to people with cavemen mentality.

1 Like

Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by chigoizie7(m): 2:39am On May 29, 2015
RileyFreeman1:
This is not what I was told during your campaign oh....what is all these big big grammar that you are blowing now Mr Buhari.... Just do what you said you will do because you are now like Jesus in Nigeria oh.

#Singing '....' What he said he will do.....that is what you will do........that is why you are called Buhaaaaari!

But if he mess up eeeeehn!!!!.... All these stories I'm seeing now is not encouraging.... We need the promises he made during his campaign....not all these paper and pen ideas that won't affect the normal Nigerian living below a dollar/day.

I am only but a fan of transparency, what ever other promises made by buhari apart from all these ones writen up there are not feasible. And if buhari can attain 80% of the aforementioned promises,then Nigeria is a better country,trust the hardwork and good zeal of Nigerians, we will take it up from there. We have been surving for years without all those in place,just imagine if 80% of those is achieved, we will just sky rocket in terms of good economy.

Btw, no were in any part of the world were the govt provides more than 40% employment to its citizen,it is not possible, govt cannot provide it. The only thing the govt is held accountable for is to provide policies and amenities which will aid in providing job opportunities by the private sectors/investments. And that is what PMB has planned to do, all what u saw on that manifesto is all ablout policies which will favour the local enterpreneurs and foreign investors.

My only prayer is to achieve even if it is 70% with electricity being its topmost priority.
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by Pavarottii(m): 4:05am On May 29, 2015
elipheleh:

If he is a fool what does that make baba One Chance?
He is a SCAM!
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by shilexholly(m): 4:20am On May 29, 2015
May God help u sir.....
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by Chigold101(m): 6:07am On May 29, 2015
4. I will push for more robust support in the Security and Economic stability of the West-African sub-region and African Continent as a whole. I will seek and maintain close and frank relationship with ALL of West Africa; Special relationship with South Africa and its Sub-region; UK, USA, Canada, EU, Asia, and the Middle East .

OKURINMETA: please do read this very well... this is in response to your post....https://www.nairaland.com/2343450/buhari-leaving-west-out
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by Curvinus(m): 6:13am On May 29, 2015
Flets:
And all of a sudden

It doesn't matter that someone condemned the attack of the military on Bokoharam

It doesn't matter that someone described an attack on Bokoharam as an attack on the north

It doesn't matter that someone urged muslims to vote only muslims in a secullar country like Nigeria

It doesn't matter that someone committed to the spread of sharia across the country (the feasibility is a diff topic)

It doesn't matter that someone instigated the death of over 1000 Nigerians just because he lost an election in 2011

It doesn't matter that someone enacted retroactive laws to deal with a select set of people

It doesn't matter anymore that someone ended democracy with the barrel of a gun to assume office

Does it really not matter anymore..... Time shall tell.

We might have just killed morality and damned our sensibilities to the HOPE of a better Nigeria.

And please don't tell me he is my president for the next 4 or 8 Years cos I know that already and that is not the thrust of my thought process.

In sane societies, these would matter. Even if he wins such elections, he would be approached with so much consciousness and carefulness but not with all open arms because the words of a man defines a man and people hardly change.

Just before you scream Sai Baba..... Something must be wrong with the black race.

As a famed author wrote in yesterday's edition of the Vanguard newspaper in a piece tittled, "Triumphalism.." the 2015 election, no matter how you look at it, was a struggle for the spoils of war by the allies of the defeated Biafra. That explains why despite all of these blunders being out there in the public domain, these allies still threw their weight massively behind a well known despotic element.

I'm not making out GEJ to be saint here but the way and manner he was maligned and blackmailed for his nonchalance or perceived connivance in some of the problems that dotted the nation's landscape is a testimony to the fact he was literally turned into a punching bag for every man his dog, not just to vent their spleen but for other alterior motives as well.

Anyway, the deed's been done we are now trying to move on. But I'm still hoping against hope though that these triumphant allies would at least for a moment cast aside ethnic and religious considerations, take up the gauntlet and hold Buhari to his words, and not explain away his failings as was the case with their well known disingenousness at the polls.
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by mrkings84(m): 6:57am On May 29, 2015
The constitution amendments will be much, might make it look patchy, why not just write a new one??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by walozanga(m): 7:07am On May 29, 2015
eazisky:
If only Buhari can tackle corruption, i believe he will achieve 80% of his promises, corroption is a termite

it will be near impossible for him to cos he is surrounded with corrupt people lets be honest
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by drtwist(m): 7:25am On May 29, 2015
sniperr007:

Dats no excuse bobo. He has to deliver has promised.
Abt dsc,it belongs to amcon and nt fg. Dey jus need buyer .
But the fed govt sold it to Amcon now, they should better look on how to resuscitate it . Cos it will go a long way to reduce unemployment rate
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by drtwist(m): 7:31am On May 29, 2015
egobetatoday:

drtwist ...u would make all these promises just to win an election but Gmb didnt say all that for fun. HE IS A MAN OF HIS WORDS.
#thinking# How will politicians ever take us ( nigerians) seriously if we actually think it is normal for politicians to over promise during campaigns. why are we the ones giving them soft landing? Abi person don do for us ni? people like you should not be in the new Nigeria. Henceforth we will take our politicians by their words( campaign promises) starting from Gmb.
Note: Gmb is not going to let us down ( God helping him) so better pack your load like i said and relocate.
You talk like someone that didn't pass through the University of reasoning. So with the caliber of people around GMB they look like a new nigeria to you? Note it is believe that Goodluck is good but people around him are bad. So tell me why you think Tinubu, Ameachi, Rochas , shetima , aregbeshola they are new nigeria?
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by djjosh(m): 7:45am On May 29, 2015
d post is too long abeg...bt corruption cn only b reduced...pray he reduce it to d bearest minimum level...
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by shara123(m): 7:56am On May 29, 2015
Nigeria as a whole has only one problem "CORRUPTION". If tackled effectively by Buhari's govt, d country will be back to succor and all our problems would be unravelled.
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by Callmemike(m): 7:59am On May 29, 2015
dustydee:

Maybe you should watch it again . . What I heard (that is if you are referring to the channels interview) is "I will stabilise the oil market" and I can't fault him on that given the events of the past few days in Nigeria.

Now, did he say "price" or "market"? Be truthful.

The oil market is OLIGOPOLISTIC in nature. So, i'd ask you this; Can Buhari stabilize the oil market? Is Buhari OPEC? Do you understand what a CARTEL is? So, his stabilizing oil market or oil price are both unviable!
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by poseidon12: 8:04am On May 29, 2015
Very good plans for Nigeria by Buhari. I am especially glad to see that he supports true federalism for Nigeria because the lack of it is the foundation of Nigeria 's problem. I hope he implements the recommendations of the national conference then.
I am also happy to see that he supports the PIB (petroleum industry bill).
I am also glad to see that he plans to allow local policing (city, state, local govt).

I wonder why I didn't get to hear of these during his campaign; he would have got my vote. I hope he's sincere about these promises; because if he implements them, Nigeria would become great.
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by emmabest2000(m): 8:10am On May 29, 2015
The longest post so far .. Hope he will do one third of what he promise
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by Akon419(m): 8:12am On May 29, 2015
buhari lied his way into power; let's see what the future hold for him. We are watching

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Davido Hangs Out With Governors Wike, Makinde, Ortom, Ikpeazu In Europe (Photo) / Tinubu Meets Jonathan, Akpabio (Photos) / President Media Chat On 29th September 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.