Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,396 members, 7,954,575 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:13 PM

List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard (71438 Views)

What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian / The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed / Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by poseidon12: 8:12am On May 29, 2015
shara123:
Nigeria as a whole has only one problem "CORRUPTION". If tackled effectively by Buhari's govt, d country will be back to succor and all our problems would be unravelled.

Nigeria's problem is not necessarily corruption but the dysfunctional political structure that we operate. That is what is driving corruption. And I think Buhari recognizes that, hence his support for true federal system. Once we restructure, Nigeria's development will take off and corruption will reduce. You cannot eliminate corruption but we need a functional society to make progress.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by dustydee: 8:17am On May 29, 2015
Callmemike:

The oil market is OLIGOPOLISTIC in nature. So, i'd ask you this; Can Buhari stabilize the oil market? Is Buhari OPEC? Do you understand what a CARTEL is? So, his stabilizing oil market or oil price are both unviable!
Which oil market was he referring to? Is it the international oil market or the local oil market? Surely he can stabilise the Nigerian oil market and he will.

1 Like

Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by haywire07(m): 8:46am On May 29, 2015
I wish so many useless GEJ supporters can jst pray and wish for the success of buhari so dat things can get better fr everyone .
Instead so many oloshis b praying for his downfall so that they can criticize..
Criticism will b ur only achievement if buhari fails ...bt u will all suffer
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by Nobody: 8:48am On May 29, 2015
ha ha ha may 29 is finally here! Buhari u dont have up to 4 years again o! Stop talking. Start working! I dont believe in you. I dont trust apc! If by hundred days in office you are still talking and not working ehhhhn, nigerians will swear for you! One thing is sure though, u wont complete up to 5 of your long list of promises! I have saved this page and will be cticking each accomplished feat! Enjoy your reign though, i wish you success with your good plans. Occupy till biafra comes! Tomorrow is biafra day! Sweet! Tomorrow is your first test!
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by Bants(m): 8:55am On May 29, 2015
Buhari made all these promises and he thinks he achieve it in 4 yrs...Obama is on his 6th year and Guantanamo prison is still open....I believe Buhari will change Nigeria cos when a man is on the ground the only back is up i guess
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by Nobody: 9:25am On May 29, 2015
Daniyemi:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/what-buhari-promised-nigerians/
It's good we have this in print and I'm documenting a copy,
We Nigerians will use this to rate his performance at the end of four years.
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by eunisam: 9:40am On May 29, 2015
sweet words
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by okitamatthew: 9:56am On May 29, 2015
Story for the gods the gods ehh
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by madridsta007(m): 10:26am On May 29, 2015
laurel03:
Na only God no dey fail.... But one thing I know that is certain is GMB/PYO regime will better than Jonathan by far....
stealing will reduce from tomorrow that is certain....
Corruption will not be much like PDP era...
Buhari is not perfect but better than Obj/Jonathan..

grin grin grin grin Story don dey change.

Just fulfil your promises, Mr Buhari. That is all.

Thank you.
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by sniperr007(m): 11:01am On May 29, 2015
drtwist:

But the fed govt sold it to Amcon now, they should better look on how to resuscitate it . Cos it will go a long way to reduce unemployment rate

Federal government didn't sell to amcon. Dey sold to d Indians Wu ran it into debt but wen d debt was too much, amcon bought over d debt and took control of d company. So its for amcon to sell to an investor.

Same as amcon has taken over tinapa.

I bliv u from aladja. U show passion for d only industry der.
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by drtwist(m): 11:27am On May 29, 2015
sniperr007:

Federal government didn't sell to amcon. Dey sold to d Indians Wu ran it into debt but wen d debt was too much, amcon bought over d debt and took control of d company. So its for amcon to sell to an investor.

Same as amcon has taken over tinapa.

I bliv u from aladja. U show passion for d only industry der.
Not from aladja , just a concern Urhobos
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 29, 2015
This mischievous vanguard again! Still surreptitiously adding some things PMB never said. Sha, I have lost respect for all naija media agencies (more like media whores) except Channels and Punch
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 29, 2015
Clerverly:
Vanguard is gradually turning into a Useless Paper!

Smart observation bro. I stopped reading them a long time again.
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by Nobody: 12:58pm On May 29, 2015
PassingShot:

Why do I want ro believe these two?:
1. Make 1$ equal 1N
2. Stabilize oil price

Why is it that of all promises written here, they are the only ones without further elaboration?

I strongly suspect they were deliberately inserted by the newspaper.

U don't need to suspect. Its already a fact that some promises there were surreptitiously included by Vanguard. The article even looks like sth crafted by a dubious nairaland hater but I was shocked to see it was actually from Vanguard. They even added some promises made by PDP as though it was coming from PMB.
That's why I prefer Channels and Punch news sources. I don't trust AIT, Sahara, Vanguard et al. Naija media dey fall hands big time

1 Like

Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 29, 2015
coruso:
what are you saying? I watched it live, when he was interviewed and he was asked how he is going to run the economy with the fall of oil price in the international market, and he replied, " I will stabilise international oil price......"

Oga why u dey lie like this?
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by nke001: 1:21pm On May 29, 2015
laurel03:
Na only God no dey fail.... But one thing I know that is certain is GMB/PYO regime will better than Jonathan by far....
stealing will reduce from tomorrow that is certain....
Corruption will not be much like PDP era...
Buhari is not perfect but better than Obj/Jonathan..

Ofcourse he will! Since Gej has done the necessary ground works. As for obj, he will continue to be seen as the worst president of Nigeria.

N1=$1 cheesy
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by BabaGodwins: 2:21pm On May 29, 2015
all we have to do is pray for a better through his administration... he is not God, promises can change, he's said that campaign promises are not Bible/Quran which can't be changed which is right
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by ollydejoe(m): 2:29pm On May 29, 2015
All these will be delivered if only you and I pay out tax
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by sniperr007(m): 9:26pm On May 29, 2015
drtwist:

Not from aladja , just a concern Urhobos

D uhobos dont ve a leader. Dey shud drag other investment other than oil and gas.r u Male or female
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by drtwist(m): 8:44am On May 30, 2015
sniperr007:

D uhobos dont ve a leader. Dey shud drag other investment other than oil and gas.r u Male or female
a male. Actually you have strike the nail on the head Urhobos have no leader. Even the last person that was trying to stand as a leader Puis Ewerido was kill. And it pain me alot
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by Callmemike(m): 8:52am On May 30, 2015
dustydee:

Which oil market was he referring to? Is it the international oil market or the local oil market? Surely he can stabilise the Nigerian oil market and he will.

What is a market? Arrangement for buying and selling. Our oil market is dependent on the International community OPEC. Our oil market is an international market. Don't make excuses for someone's flaws. Just own up and continue. It happens to us all.
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by 49cents(m): 9:18am On May 30, 2015
Based on Buhari's comments on boko haram under GEJ, his unapologetic stand on his overthrowing a civillian government and so many uncouth remarkd he made........even though I wish him success but I see that bitch called karma showing up

If he wants to ward her off he should first start by apologising to Nigerians aon his past utterences and actions else he will be humiliated even if he brings the nest genuises in Nigeria........karma is a n unforgiving bitch
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by zonax(m): 1:23pm On May 31, 2015
olutunde12:

I am not hoping for anything o. Tell bullhary to fulfill all his promises to prove that he is better than jonthan.
Let's give him room to see what he can do.
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by macsilver(m): 9:58am On Sep 03, 2015
spongeisback:
After 100 days then we can judge his administration. Rome wasn't built in a day.
I believe in Buhari!

Bros, 100 days don pass. U still believe?

Abeg how much is $1 in ₦ now?
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by macsilver(m): 9:59am On Sep 03, 2015
soe:
lol
small thing when fashola and osinbajo are in the team?
lol...very small matter i swear.

Say small thing again.

U don collect ur own ₦5,000?
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by macsilver(m): 10:05am On Sep 03, 2015
cuteboy2:
He also promised to:

1. Find and bring back the Chibok girls

2. End the Boko Haram insurgency in the North East. End BH bombings everywhere in Nigeria, and drive BH out of Nigeria.

3. Provide school lunch to children in all Secondary and Primary Schools in Nigeria.

4. Provide free healthcare and free education

5. End Power outage and guaranty stable power supply

6. Abolish First Ladyship

7. End corruption in Nigeria

8. Endure naira appreciates to $1 = N1 (naira-dollar parity)

I am convinced Buhari can achieve all these and more if only the thieving crowd who put him in power can give him space.

I waited for this. $1 to equal ₦ 1? And you believe this? Even Japan, China and Korea couldn't achieve this! Even Trinidad and Tobago couldn't!
Healthcare and free educatn.... Person wey no go school no fit know the value. Trust me!

Find the Chibok girls.... He has denied promising you that.

End Boko haram: well, we still dey wait.
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by cjrane: 1:56pm On Sep 03, 2015
Didn't bother going thru the list.
None of those promises will be kept by our dulllard president.

We just have to live through another 4 years of crises and excuses.
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by Emmy3(m): 1:56pm On Oct 03, 2015
Reminder
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by cjrane: 2:05pm On Oct 03, 2015
[size=14pt]Buhari is a typical corrupt Nigerian politician

Politicians always know what needs to happen when 'OTHER PEOPLE' are in charge.

Once he gets there,he feigns ignorance of what he really needs to do, and completely forgets all his promises to get elected.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 03, 2015
100 days past, 100 more loading.
Work done = 0.000005%..... grin smiley
Promises kept = 0.000003% shocked cool
Promises denied = 99.99999%angry
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by biafranqueen: 3:52pm On Oct 03, 2015
It is important to review this list. Interesting those countries he said he would build relationships with. He has even ignored them instead he has shown us his pictures in West Germany grin UK, US etc;
While his people he put in charge of the Armed Forces are taking pictures of one arm push up, Boko Harem has slaughter Nigerians at an alarming rate that is not really being broadcast like it was during GEJ time.
He has not done anything to help the poor but instead has come up with a list of the most corrupt Governors of our time to lead his administration.
None of those promises are even being considered and 95% of the population will say nothing and do nothing which is why none of those promises will be kept.

Leaders are a reflection of the people they lead
Re: List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard by biafranqueen: 3:53pm On Oct 03, 2015
Flets:
And all of a sudden

It doesn't matter that someone condemned the attack of the military on Bokoharam

It doesn't matter that someone described an attack on Bokoharam as an attack on the north

It doesn't matter that someone urged muslims to vote only muslims in a secullar country like Nigeria

It doesn't matter that someone committed to the spread of sharia across the country (the feasibility is a diff topic)

It doesn't matter that someone instigated the death of over 1000 Nigerians just because he lost an election in 2011

It doesn't matter that someone enacted retroactive laws to deal with a select set of people

It doesn't matter anymore that someone ended democracy with the barrel of a gun to assume office

Does it really not matter anymore..... Time shall tell.

We might have just killed morality and damned our sensibilities to the HOPE of a better Nigeria.

And please don't tell me he is my president for the next 4 or 8 Years cos I know that already and that is not the thrust of my thought process.

In sane societies, these would matter. Even if he wins such elections, he would be approached with so much consciousness and carefulness but not with all open arms because the words of a man defines a man and people hardly change.

Just before you scream Sai Baba..... Something must be wrong with the black race.
My Dear you see your Sai Buhari?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Where Is Tam David-West? Nigeria Needs Him Now To Defend Himself! (pics) / 43-Year-Old Sister To Bayelsa Governor, Tari, Engaged To Her 29-Year-Old Lover / Gallant Nigerian Soldiers In A Live Gun Battle With Boko Haram Terrorists (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.