Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,317 members, 7,839,513 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) (29337 Views)

Transfer Talk:apc In Double Apga Raid Line Up Barcanista Of Pdp / APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari / Mrs Buhari & Edo Prostitution Talk: APC Given A Taste Of Its Own Medicine! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) by Image123(m): 6:04pm On Jun 01, 2015
calebo101:

Achievers don't set great goals. They set SMART goals.

And great goals are not smart goals?
Re: Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) by egobetatoday: 6:06pm On Jun 01, 2015
handsomeclouds:
This is a mere wish-list as they aren't completely quantified. Even if he has a century as his tenure, he can't achieve half of what's up there with all the kind people he pack for side.

Then his integrity is at stake.
The holy book says 'a good name is far better than riches'
Re: Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) by kodded(m): 6:10pm On Jun 01, 2015
neocortex:
I trust Baba he will have done more than that by 2019.
is it just me or are you being sarcastic ? undecided
Re: Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) by abnsugbe: 6:11pm On Jun 01, 2015
Dbestmax:
Very soon somebody is will cc lalasticlala. ..i dey wait

One free meal (to include fruits) daily, for public primary school pupils.

Hahahahahahahahhahahahaha..unserious Govt...na so e go be na..
Makde dem Provide Person with Cd to naa...Guys go like am die ooo.

Don't expect much 4rm dis new administration.It will always be business as usual, the difference is that they will be more careful in terms of siphoning our collective wealth. Quote me anytime.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) by khattab02: 6:18pm On Jun 01, 2015
olalekan1:
May God guide him to the right path.
ameeen!!!
Re: Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) by egobetatoday: 6:18pm On Jun 01, 2015
These are like 81 'Scales' for 'weighting' PMBs INTEGRITY. To be a man of integrity entails a lot. Let us start from here... Your word should be your bond.

May God help u.

Please can someone remind PMB/ us every quarter by putting it on the front page? Our politicians need to know we aren't joking with them any more.
Re: Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) by emzila(m): 6:30pm On Jun 01, 2015
steppin:

Is that so?
Funny enough, you're the one that sounds so dumb, thinking that the contents of that manifesto can be achieved.
failures never believe that anything is achievable, not even a trek from Abuja to otuoke.
Re: Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) by cuteboy2: 6:45pm On Jun 01, 2015
Obijulius:
[size=16pt]

4 days gone already...And Buhari has not achieved anything on that list.

What type of country is this? Why are we blessed with the wrong type of leaders?

[/size]

It seems he is actually systematically breaking the promises.

Three promises broken so far:

1. Public declaration of assets
Buhari's Action: Buhari and Osibanjo declared their assets secretly, a classical move locking the barn front door while leaving the back door wide open for the horse to bolt anytime it feels like.

2. No Office of First Lady
Buhari's Action: Official portrait of Aisha Buhari released last week. Aisha actually assumed that office even before the husband was inaugurated on 29th May. She led Nigerian delegation to the Conference in Argentina as First-Lady Elect mid May 2015.

3. Trim Size of Government bureaucracy.
Buhari's Action: Buhari announced today, 1st June 2015 the appointment of 2 media aides (Garba Shehu and Femi Adesina, current Chief Editor of Sun newspaper) in one fell swoop!!! Why does the President need two media aides?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) by Callmemike(m): 6:52pm On Jun 01, 2015
ooshinibos:

Callmemike can you honestly say that the income generated in Nigeria cannot fulfill these goals , back in the 1980s when we earned less , these goals were achieved ..or do you prefer the Nigerian devils and evil doers to siphon the Nigerian money abroad like the previous government -poverty development party

it better to set goals ..it gives you a vision unlike our GEJ madness

I like your optimism. Really. However if you economically analuze our present state, will you find these goals realistic? If we really want accountability, Nigerians should hold the present government to the last letter of these promises. Talks like 'fulfill 70% and we are ok' will not help in the long run. I am neither a Tanoid nor a Buhari supporter.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) by steppin: 7:00pm On Jun 01, 2015
emzila:

failures never believe that anything is achievable, not even a trek from Abuja to otuoke.
I assume you're one of them? I mean the failures.
Re: Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) by millionaireman: 7:00pm On Jun 01, 2015
Creation of an additional state in the southeast zone is only way to end the imbalance in the political structure and address the rising grievances of people of the zone.
Re: Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) by phatmukoro: 7:06pm On Jun 01, 2015
Did you forget free meals at schools?
Re: Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 01, 2015
Image123:

And great goals are not smart goals?

Even an ediot can set great goals. Anyone can set great goals.
Re: Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) by cuteboy2: 7:37pm On Jun 01, 2015
Fourth promise broken

4. Buhari says He Will Not Go After Past Cases of Corruption
To my knowledge, there is no statute of limitation on corruption in Nigeria laws and Penal Code. So why is Buhari chaining himself in this manner? Or does he plan to do it OBJ style - selectively against his enemies?

Buhari said during his inaugural speech that those who think he will come after them should perish the thought. He said "the past should belong to he past". Please note that that Buhari would go after past leaders and highly placed persons only on account of their massive corruption, nothing else. So essentially, he is saying he is not interested in PAST CURROPTION, only FUTURE CURROPTION.
This is a very strange concept, that even dwarfs GEJ much vaunted "stealing is not corruption" campaign mantra of APC

As we speak the Director of Public Prosecution Mr Diri of Federal Ministry of Justices has withdrawn the N2.4b corruption case against ex-Gov Timpre Sylva and APC governorship candidate in the April 2015 election
Re: Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) by crystall20(m): 7:42pm On Jun 01, 2015
Loads of cash to be won on fixed matches, get your sure 100% fixed game by contacting our agents on 2348136171479 to get subscribed and get winning
Re: Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) by Nellybii: 7:44pm On Jun 01, 2015
Pavarottii:
A lotta people have been deceived tho into believing in these promises.
I wish God give the will power and intelligence to achieve even if its 40% of this.
But let's not deceive ourselves Buhari can't achieve even 60% of these even in 8years. Cos of looters around him. And didn't see any promise about the subsidy and pricing of petroleum product.
Wish him well tho.
But if u believe he will achieve all these, then u just entered what is popularly known as "ONE CHANCE"!!!
Let the people and opposition not sleep to always remind him to put him on his toes. Like they did when they were in the opposition.

The truth is you are a very sore loser . YOU find it so difficult to get over the election results even GEJ has gotten over it..please get a life
Re: Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) by pressplay411(m): 7:55pm On Jun 01, 2015
steppin:
APC manifesto is nothing but a pipe dream.
I pity their die-hard zombie fans.

Y'all so used to incompetence that the thought of a a performing president sounds so foreign.
Don't worry since you didn't vote for Buhari your opinion obviously doesn't count until 4 years time.
Re: Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) by pressplay411(m): 8:00pm On Jun 01, 2015
cuteboy2:

It seems he is actually systematically breaking the promises.

Three promises broken so far:

1. Public declaration of assets
Buhari's Action: Buhari and Osibanjo declared their assets secretly, a classical move locking the barn front door while leaving the back door wide open for the horse to bolt anytime it feels like.

2. No Office of First Lady
Buhari's Action: Official portrait of Aisha Buhari released last week. Aisha actually assumed that office even before the husband was inaugurated on 29th May. She led Nigerian delegation to the Conference in Argentina as First-Lady Elect mid May 2015.

3. Trim Size of Government bureaucracy.
Buhari's Action: Buhari announced today, 1st June 2015 the appointment of 2 media aides (Garba Shehu and Femi Adesina, current Chief Editor of Sun newspaper) in one fell swoop!!! Why does the President need two media aides?

From Intellectuals to Barbarians.

This reversed transmogrification eludes me. Sore losers I understand but these unintelligent and childish ones from GEJites and TANoids I just can't...
All those crying foul over assets declaration need to be re-schooled. The President together with his Vice have declared their assets already as promised. In due time it will be made public. Even Late Yar Adua declared publicly after a month into his administration. It's barely a day since these moronic detractors started hounding them. Why didn't you hound your "Hero" from Otuoke?
If you did not support or vote for Buhari sorry you lost your ethical and civil right to question his governance. All you can do is wait after 4 years to thank him or tell us "I told you so."
Until then just silently follow the news on the new administration and simply read it and weep.
This silliness has to stop!
Re: Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jun 01, 2015
President please please please

The hour has come,

Put on your promised and fulfilling garment,

And rush down to the Aso-Rock

And
You have only but 4years to tidy up Nigerian problems,

Excuses is not allow because Nah you carry your leg come..........

Your Journey vehicle is loadin.........
Re: Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) by perryy(m): 8:14pm On Jun 01, 2015
themilanway:

Over 15million Nigerians who voted APC aren't as dumb and stupid as you are

You guys are not up to 10,000,000. Majority of the so called 15m are children and ALmajiris. Many vote able Nigerians voted for the PDP and GEJ. Only in Nigeria will the wish of the ragtag and bobtails supercede the wish of the educated elites. Sad! Over 5m child voters voted in kano state alone.
Re: Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) by rattlesnake(m): 8:34pm On Jun 01, 2015
Kolade354:
83. Importing 1 new Brain from Canada to give to you.
ode
Re: Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) by cuteboy2: 8:48pm On Jun 01, 2015
pressplay411:

This reversed transmogrification eludes me. Sore losers I understand but these unintelligent and childish ones from GEJites and TANoids I just can't...
All those crying foul over assets declaration need to be re-schooled. The President together with his Vice have declared their assets already as promised. In due time it will be made public. Even Late Yar Adua declared publicly after a month into his administration. It's barely a day since these moronic detractors started hounding them. Why didn't you hound your "Hero" from Otuoke?
If you did not support or vote for Buhari sorry you lost your ethical and civil right to question his governance. All you can do is wait after 4 years to thank him or tell us "I told you so."
Until then just silently follow the news on the new administration and simply read it and weep.

Who bestowed on you the omniscient powers to know who I, and millions of long-suffering Nigerians voted for??

Can we also say that Shehu Sani, an ardent supporter of Buhari who won the senatorial seat in Kaduna Central on APC platform, and has come out to openly cautioned Buhari on the First Lady issue is also a "Tanoid" who does not like Buhari?

https://www.nairaland.com/2351107/apc-senator-elect-shehu-sani-cautions

This is how praise singers like you sing past leader to sleep and failure. With friends like you, I am not sure Buhari needs any enemies!

Mr Man, I will only reply you in Fela's song, "teacher don't teach me nonsense".

Buhari is Nigeria's President, not your private property. He does not need your protection. OK?
He has an ADC and retinue of bodyguards and aides to do that job for him.

In fact, I day say, it is praise singers like you who will applaud all his mistakes that Buhari should beware off, and if possible distance himself from.
Re: Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) by Pavarottii(m): 8:50pm On Jun 01, 2015
Nellybii:

The truth is you are a very sore loser . YOU find it so difficult to get over the election results even GEJ has gotten over it..please get a life
Are u sure u didn't quote the wrong person? Cos ur post doesn't relate to what I posted. Check well, I think u av mentioned the wrong person.
Re: Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) by Image123(m): 9:30pm On Jun 01, 2015
calebo101:

Even an ediot can set great goals. Anyone can set great goals.

Failures usually set NO goals. Those are great goals and achievable goals. I'm proud of them and would want Nigeria to be like that. Nigeria can be like that, it's not rocket science, just time and God.
Re: Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) by cuteboy2: 9:34pm On Jun 01, 2015
pressplay411:

All those crying foul over assets declaration need to be re-schooled. .....

I guess Punch newspaper is also silly and needs to be schooled in the fine art of praise singing an asss licking undecided

Re: Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) by godwin120alex: 9:41pm On Jun 01, 2015
Hahahahahahahahah
Re: Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) by ooshinibos: 10:04pm On Jun 01, 2015
Callmemike:

I like your optimism. Really. However if you economically analuze our present state, will you find these goals realistic? If we really want accountability, Nigerians should hold the present government to the last letter of these promises. Talks like 'fulfill 70% and we are ok' will not help in the long run. I am neither a Tanoid nor a Buhari supporter.

I know bruv ,
personally for me , if he can fix the electricity infrastructure and bring back the free education at all levels that will be enough for all of us ..this things are not hard to fix , it is just our people and leaders are just too and callous wicked to the max ..I that's be the fallback of the black race ..wickedness has crept in and we are no more our brothers keeper....

a leader with award contracts for healthcare and security to serve the people ..and later take all the money away and the people are left to suffer ..it defies logic ..the wickedness of our leaders and people
Re: Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) by ajufinz(m): 10:07pm On Jun 01, 2015
26. No plans to Islamise Nigeria...
Story Story...

This is not an ACP plan it has always been there.

Just take a trip to PMB's Katsina and see what the indigenous Christians go through.
Re: Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) by sam90s(m): 10:13pm On Jun 01, 2015
That number 19 have a chance of shaking things around in a big way, applied correctly, and that's bye bye to quota system.
Re: Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) by loyasina: 10:32pm On Jun 01, 2015
Today marks President Muhammadu Buhari’s first official day at his desk, after Friday’s inauguration rites. And since he’s reeled out a litany of plans for a new Nigeria, starting from the electioneering period, it is time to begin to deliver on the promises, writes theTHISDAY Politics Desk

1. Public declaration of assets and liabilities
2. State and community policing
3. Ban on all government officials from seeking medical care abroad
4. Implementation of the National Gender Policy, including 35% of appointive positions for women
5. Revival of Ajaokuta steel company
6. Generation, transmission and distribution of at least 20,000 MW of electricity within four years and increasing to 50,000 MW with a view to achieving 24/7 uninterrupted power supply within 10 years.
7. Empowerment scheme to employ 740,000 graduates across the 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory.
8. Establishment of a free-tuition and scholarship scheme for pupils who have shown exceptional aptitude in science subjects at O/Levels to study ICT-related courses
9. 720,000 jobs by the 36 states in the federation per annum (20,000 per state)
10. Three million Jobs per year
11. To embark on vocational training, entrepreneurial and skills acquisition schemes for graduates along with the creation of a Small Business Loan Guarantee Scheme to create at least 5 million new jobs by 2019.
15. Creation of a Social Welfare Programme of at least Five Thousand Naira (N5000) that will cater for the 25 million poorest and most vulnerable citizens upon the demonstration of children’s enrollment in school and evidence of immunisation to help promote family stability
16. Recruitment and training of at least 100,000 officers into the Nigerian police force and establish a Federal Anti-terrorism Agency.
17. One free meal (to include fruits) daily, for public primary school pupils
18. Building an airport in Ekiti State
19. Eradication of state of origin, replacing that with state of residence to ensure Nigerians are Nigerians first before anything else.
25. Permanent peace in the Niger Delta and other conflict prone areas such as Plateau, Taraba, Bauchi, Borno and Abia.
26. No plans to Islamise Nigeria.
27. Nationwide sanitation plans to keep Nigeria clean
28. Preserving the independence of the Central Bank
29. Simplifying immigration process to foster faster visa processing at points of entry.
30. Special incentives to facilitate the education of the girl child
31. Full implementation of the National Identification Scheme to generate the relevant data.
32. Making Information Technology, Manufacturing, Agriculture and Entertainment key drivers of our economy
33. Balancing the economy across regions by the creation of six new Regional Economic Development Agencies (REDAs) to act as champions of sub-regional competitiveness
34. Putting in place a N300bn regional growth fund (average of N50bn in each geo-political region) to be managed by the REDAs.
36. Reviving and reactivating the minimally performing Refineries to optimum capacity
37. Creating additional middle-class of at least two million new home owners in the first year in government and one million annually thereafter.
38. Creating an additional middle class of at least four million new home owners by 2019 by enacting national mortgage single digit interest rates for purchase of owner occupier houses as well as reviewing the collateral qualification to make funding for home ownership easier, with 15 to 30 year mortgage terms.
39. Enacting a national mortgage system that will lend at single digit interest rates for purchase of owner occupier houses.
40. Injecting extra N30bn into the Agricultural sector to create more agro-allied jobs by way of loans at nominal interest rates for capital
42. Creating a national infrastructural development bank to provide loans at nominal interest rates exclusively for this sector.
43. Construction of 3,000km of Superhighway including service trunks
44. Building of up to 4,800km of modern railway lines – one third to be completed by 2019
45. At least one functioning airport is available in each of the 36 states.
46. Ending gas flaring and ensuring sales of at least half of gas produce, within Nigeria
47. Speedily passing the much-delayed Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) and ensuring that local content issues are fully addressed.
48. Establishing at least six new universities of science and technology with satellite campuses in various states.
49. Establishing six centres of excellence to address the needs of special education
50. Prioritising the reduction of the infant mortality rate by 2019 to 3%
51. Reducing maternal mortality by more than 70%
52. Reducing HIV/AIDs infection rate by 50% and other infectious diseases by 75%
53. Improving life expectancy by additional 10 years on average.
54. Increasing the number of physicians from 19 per 1000 population to 50 per 1000
55. Increasing national health expenditure per person per annum to about N50,000 (from less than N10,000 currently)
56. Increasing the quality of all federal government-owned hospitals to world class standard within five years
81. Free education at primary, secondary and tertiary institutions for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) and Education.
Re: Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) by millhouse: 11:38pm On Jun 01, 2015
na real work d talk
Re: Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) by landinfo: 12:03am On Jun 02, 2015

The Promises at a Quick Glance

1. Public declaration of assets and liabilities 2. State and community policing 3. Ban on all government officials from seeking medical care abroad 4. Implementation of the National Gender Policy, including 35% of appointive positions for women 5. Revival of Ajaokuta steel company 6. Generation, transmission and distribution of at least 20,000 MW of electricity within four years and increasing to 50,000 MW with a view to achieving 24/7 uninterrupted power supply within 10 years. 7. Empowerment scheme to employ 740,000 graduates across the 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory. 8. Establishment of a free-tuition and scholarship scheme for pupils who have shown exceptional aptitude in science subjects at O/Levels to study ICT- related courses 9. 720,000 jobs by the 36 states in the federation per annum (20,000 per state) 10. Three million Jobs per year 11. To embark on vocational training, entrepreneurial and skills acquisition schemes for graduates along with the creation of a Small Business Loan Guarantee Scheme to create at least 5 million new jobs by 2019. 12. Churches and Mosques would not pay taxes under national laws, but if they engage in businesses, the businesses would pay tax. 13. Provision of allowances to the discharged but unemployed Youth Corps members for Twelve (12) months while in the skills and entrepreneurial development programme 14. Making the economy one of the fastest-growing emerging economies in the world with a real GDP growth averaging 10% annually. 15. Creation of a Social Welfare Programme of at least Five Thousand Naira (N5000) that will cater for the 25 million poorest and most vulnerable citizens upon the demonstration of children’s enrollment in school and evidence of immunisation to help promote family stability 16. Recruitment and training of at least 100,000 officers into the Nigerian police force and establish a Federal Anti-terrorism Agency. 17. One free meal (to include fruits) daily, for public primary school pupils 18. Building an airport in Ekiti State 19. Eradication of state of origin, replacing that with state of residence to ensure Nigerians are Nigerians first before anything else. 20. Establishment of Crime Squad to combat terrorism, kidnapping, armed robbery, militants, ethno-religious and communal clashes nationwide 21. Working with the National Assembly towards the immediate enactment of a Whistle Blower Act 22. Economic stability for the ECOWAS nations and maintaining a strong, close and frank relationship with West Africa, South Africa, UK, USA, Canada, and other African countries 23. Establishing a conflict resolution commission to help prevent, mitigate and resolve civil conflicts within the polity. 24. All political office holders earn only the salaries and emoluments determined and approved by the Revenue Mobilisation and Fiscal Commission RMFAC. 25. Permanent peace in the Niger Delta and other conflict prone areas such as Plateau, Taraba, Bauchi, Borno and Abia. 26. No plans to Islamise Nigeria. 27. Nationwide sanitation plans to keep Nigeria clean 28. Preserving the independence of the Central Bank 29. Simplifying immigration process to foster faster visa processing at points of entry. 30. Special incentives to facilitate the education of the girl child 31. Full implementation of the National Identification Scheme to generate the relevant data. 32. Making Information Technology, Manufacturing, Agriculture and Entertainment key drivers of our economy 33. Balancing the economy across regions by the creation of six new Regional Economic Development Agencies (REDAs) to act as champions of sub- regional competitiveness 34. Putting in place a N300bn regional growth fund (average of N50bn in each geo-political region) to be managed by the REDAs. 35. Amending the Constitution and the Land Use Act to create freehold/leasehold interests in land along with matching grants for states to create a nationwide electronic land title register on a state by state basis 36. Reviving and reactivating the minimally performing Refineries to optimum capacity 37. Creating additional middle-class of at least two million new home owners in the first year in government and one million annually thereafter. 38. Creating an additional middle class of at least four million new home owners by 2019 by enacting national mortgage single digit interest rates for purchase of owner occupier houses as well as reviewing the collateral qualification to make funding for home ownership easier, with 15 to 30 year mortgage terms. 39. Enacting a national mortgage system that will lend at single digit interest rates for purchase of owner occupier houses. 40. Injecting extra N30bn into the Agricultural sector to create more agro-allied jobs by way of loans at nominal interest rates for capital investment on medium and commercial scale cash crops. 41. You farm, government buys, guaranteeing a minimum price for selected crops and facilitate storage of agricultural products as and when necessary. 42. Creating a national infrastructural development bank to provide loans at nominal interest rates exclusively for this sector. 43. Construction of 3,000km of Superhighway including service trunks 44. Building of up to 4,800km of modern railway lines – one third to be completed by 2019 45. At least one functioning airport is available in each of the 36 states. 46. Ending gas flaring and ensuring sales of at least half of gas produce, within Nigeria 47. Speedily passing the much-delayed Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) and ensuring that local content issues are fully addressed. 48. Establishing at least six new universities of science and technology with satellite campuses in various states. 49. Establishing six centres of excellence to address the needs of special education 50. Prioritising the reduction of the infant mortality rate by 2019 to 3% 51. Reducing maternal mortality by more than 70% 52. Reducing HIV/AIDs infection rate by 50% and other infectious diseases by 75% 53. Improving life expectancy by additional 10 years on average. 54. Increasing the number of physicians from 19 per 1000 population to 50 per 1000 55. Increasing national health expenditure per person per annum to about N50,000 (from less than N10,000 currently) 56. Increasing the quality of all federal government- owned hospitals to world class standard within five years 57. Ensuring timely payment of retirement benefits for all pensioned senior citizens and creating a poverty safety net for all aged citizens above the age of 65. 58. Amending the Constitution to require Local Governments to publish their meeting minutes, service performance data, and items of spending over N10M. 59. Requiring full disclosure in media outlets, of all government contracts over N100m prior to award and during implementation at regular interval 60. Amending the Constitution to remove immunity from prosecution for elected officers in criminal case 61. Initiating action to amend the Nigerian Constitution with a view to devolving powers, duties, and responsibilities to states in order to entrench true federalism and the federal spirit 62. Reforming and Strengthening the Justice System for efficient administration and dispensation of justice with the creation of special courts for accelerated hearing of corruption, drug trafficking, terrorism and similar cases of national importance 63. Establishing world-class sports academy and training institutes and ensure that Nigeria occupies a place of pride in global sports and athletics 64. Reviving the Nigerian football league and putting incentives in place to make it as competitive as other national leagues. 65. Putting in place measures to identify talents early and ensuring their participation in local and international games to enable them become professionals 66. Assisting Nollywood to fully develop into world class movie industry that can compete effectively with Hollywood and Bollywood in due course. 67. Ensuring that the rights of women are protected as enshrined in our Constitution 68. Guaranteeing that women are adequately represented in government appointments and providing greater opportunities in education, job creation and economic empowerment 69. Promoting the concept of reserving a minimum number of seats in the National Assembly for women. 70. Free maternal and children healthcare services 71. Stabilising the naira 72. Targeting up to 20% of our annual budget for this critical sector whilst making substantial investments in training quality teachers at all levels of the educational system (Some other APC policy documents had 15%) 73. Ensuring compliance with policies and measures to halt the pollution of rivers and waterways in the Niger Delta and other parts of the country 74. Adopting a holistic approach to erosion and shoreline protection across the country 75. ECOWAS currency by 2020 under Nigeria’s guidance and leadership 76. Maintaining strong, close and frank relationships within the Gulf of Guinea, the Commonwealth, South Africa and the rest of the world 77. Establishing a new special relationship with the leading emerging markets like Brazil, Russia, India and China (BRIC) and other strategic partners around the world. 78. Government intends to commission a sociological study to determine Boko Haram’s origins, remote and immediate causes of the movement, its sponsors, the international connexions to ensure that measures are taken to prevent a recurrence of the evil. 79. Strengthening INEC to reduce, if possible, eliminate electoral malpractices in Nigerian’s political life 80. Improving operational and legal mechanisms so that disciplinary steps are taken against proven human rights violations by the Armed Forces. 81. Free education at primary, secondary and tertiary institutions for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) and Education.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Cabal Organises Counter-Protest In London, To Pay £75 Per Participants / Mr Macaroni Will Vote For Peter Obi / Okorocha Demolishes Fence Of His Lamonde Hotel To Develop Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.