Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,006 members, 7,814,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Are You Capable Of This? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are You Capable Of This? (8627 Views)

I Think This Guy Is Capable Of Handling Her.. / GUYS end the thing called "DaTing" Until You Are Capable Of Marriage? / Which Romanceland Girl Is Capable Of Winning "Miss Nigeria"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Capable Of This? by ronald4lif(m): 10:25pm On Jun 09, 2015
This question can't be precisely answered until people find themselves in such situation. The response so far are quixotic and impractical. When one find themselves in a situation where they are to forgo either their partner or even 1/3 of that amount, their decision would be different. Until people understand that love is circumstantiable only then they'd have a full grasp of the deception christened love.
Re: Are You Capable Of This? by snadguy007(m): 10:25pm On Jun 09, 2015
Enegod:
1000000 US dollars = #198950000

That's a lot of money, my friend!!! undecided
Are you thinking what i'm thinking bro cheesy

With $1M, i will pay the girl off......love should try again next time.
Re: Are You Capable Of This? by Sexxkillz: 10:27pm On Jun 09, 2015
Midehi:

if both of you aint married yet, that means you both are not sincere to each other, so money can break your relationship.

lets see it this way, assuming a richer dude approach your gf you love so much with 5, 000 000 to quit you for him,she accept, how will you feel? what will you call her?
I won't call her anything. She made a choice.

A lot of relationships are broken with common iphone 6 that doesn't cost up to 200,000 naira. I know guys whom their girlfriends left back then because of UK used blackberry phones that weren't up to 50,000 naira. Relationships get broken when the girl sleeps with another guy for FREE.

Why are you girls moaning if I decide to leave a girl for 200,000,000 naira?
Re: Are You Capable Of This? by ronald4lif(m): 10:32pm On Jun 09, 2015
Sexxkillz:
I won't call her anything. She made a choice.

A lot of relationships are broken with common iphone 6 that doesn't cost up to 200,000 naira. I know guys whom their girlfriends left back then because of UK used blackberry phones that weren't up to 50,000 naira. Relationships get broken when the girl sleeps with another guy for FREE.

Why are you girls moaning if I decide to leave a girl for 200,000,000 naira?

You're wasting your time with these people. Your level of reasoning and probably response of reactiveness to practicality is not in par with theirs. You see, they won't blink an eye if offered half of that amount before dumping their partner. Lying to one's self doesn't equate to reality.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are You Capable Of This? by Sexxkillz: 10:33pm On Jun 09, 2015
misssclassy:

My emphasis is not on marriage but on genuine/true love.
Being married doesn't signify that true love abounds. You have reached an agreement, you have made a vow of union.....blah blah blah
But what seals the agreement is the bond of love.
That same love can still be felt by those who aren't married.

You used BBA as an example. But I bet you, none of those ladies or guys were genuinely in love with their partners. If they were they wouldn't trade their love on a platter of gold.

Sexxkillz from every indication It's obvious you haven't truly loved before.

Whether I've truly loved or not isn't any one's business.

The business of the day is 200 million naira.

Genuine love doesn't get manifested till after marriage, if you don't know. If you haven't married a person, there's no proof of the true love you claim to have. After marriage, reality of life sets in. That is when you can genuinely test true love.

You claim to have been in true love. That is hogwash. True love never dies. But your own love is dead and buried.

What's the proof of your true love if you are single right now? Why would anyone leave a "true love" situation if the love was really true?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Capable Of This? by Sexxkillz: 10:37pm On Jun 09, 2015
ronald4lif:

You're wasting your time with these people. Your level of reasoning and probably response to reactiveness to practicality is not in par with theirs. You see, they won't blink an eye if offered half of that amount before dumping their partner. Lying to one's self doesn't equate to reality.
I believe in true love. But I can never claim to have found true love if I have not proven to that girl how much I love her by marrying her.

If I'm married, I can confidently tell you I cannot divorce my legally married wife for even a billion naira.

But a girlfriend? *whistling*

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Capable Of This? by Deejavuu(f): 10:41pm On Jun 09, 2015
Sexxkillz:
What have I been saying all along?

There's a difference between "want to marry", and "married". If I'm married, I cannot break a vow no matter the amount. If I'm not married yet, she'll even beg me to split the money with her. . .

cheesy grin

Real talk!! cool
Re: Are You Capable Of This? by Sexxkillz: 10:42pm On Jun 09, 2015
Deejavuu:

cheesy grin

Real talk!! cool

I always keep it 100% real. wink
Re: Are You Capable Of This? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jun 09, 2015
Sexxkillz:

Welcome back, sir.

*whistling*
Re: Are You Capable Of This? by Deejavuu(f): 10:45pm On Jun 09, 2015
Sexxkillz:
I always keep it 100% real. wink

cheesy grin

That's the real deal..

No time for yada yada wink
Re: Are You Capable Of This? by ronald4lif(m): 10:47pm On Jun 09, 2015
Sexxkillz:
I believe in true love. But I can never claim to have found true love if I have not proven to that girl how much I love her by marrying her.

If I'm married, I can confidently tell you I cannot divorce my legally married wife for even a billion naira.

Okay good. Unlike you I don't believe in true love as to me, love is subjected to one's circumstance and their abilities to meet a partners interest. Now this interest varies and pointless earmarking them.

If love is true, it won't ask questions and it won't set standards. But that's not the case as people already have a premonition or a picture of who they're going to fall in love with even before meeting them. True love is parallel to real love and love can't be real if it's dependent on factorables.

As per the topic, I won't bat an eyelid to dump her ass if I'm faced with such option.
Re: Are You Capable Of This? by Sexxkillz: 10:49pm On Jun 09, 2015
laykorn:

Welcome back, sir.

*whistling*
Yo mehn.
Re: Are You Capable Of This? by Deejavuu(f): 10:52pm On Jun 09, 2015
beautycrush24:

Its easy for u to say cos d money is not right in front of u. U've tasted true love but u've not had a million dollars so u cant compare yet.

Real talk.. most people are just commenting because the cash isn't staring at them..

Btw i like your siggy..
Re: Are You Capable Of This? by Sexxkillz: 10:53pm On Jun 09, 2015
ronald4lif:

Okay good. Unlike you I don't believe in true love as to me, love is subjected to one's circumstance and their abilities to meet a partners interest. Now this interest varies and pointless earmarking them.

If love is true, it won't ask questions and it won't set standards. But that's not the case as people already have a premonition or a picture of who they're going to fall in love with even before meeting them. True love is parallel to real love and love can't be real if it's dependent on factorables.

As per the topic, I won't bat an eyelid to dump her ass if I'm faced with such option.
That to me, is stupidity. No one can claim to be truly in love with someone they aren't married to, therefore, the idea of a premonition of who they'll fall in love with before meeting them is prime foolishness.

The media is to blame partly for this nonsense. I also blame people for not engaging their thinking abilities before wholly swallowing what the media feeds them.
Re: Are You Capable Of This? by Enegod(m): 10:59pm On Jun 09, 2015
snadguy007:

Just dump and give her #5M.
She will be praying for you to find another true love grin

1 Like

Re: Are You Capable Of This? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 09, 2015
Sexxkillz:
Whether I've truly loved or not isn't any one's business.

The business of the day is 200 million naira.

Genuine love doesn't get manifested till after marriage, if you don't know. If you haven't married a person, there's no proof of the true love you claim to have. After marriage, reality of life sets in. That is when you can genuinely test true love.

You claim to have been in true love. That is hogwash. True love never dies. But your own love is dead and buried.

What's the proof of your true love if you are single right now? Why would anyone leave a "true love" situation if the love was really true?

Whether the love I felt is dead and buried is no ones business and you have no proof to state such claim.
One thing is certain though. True love abounds and flourishes when it is sustained and reciprocated. When it isn't reciprocated it loses it's value and it fades away.

Yes true love can be tested through marriage but marriage isn't the only means by which it can be tested.
Re: Are You Capable Of This? by Donann: 11:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
Jarizod:
It all goes down with a question smiley
To the men-Can u leave your gf/spouse for a million dollars grin
To the ladies - can you leave your bf/spouse for a million dollars grin
State ur reasons in not less than 18 pages smiley cool
For those that would ask me to give my answer first. . Sorry to disappoint
But am SINGLE cheesy
Over to u then cool
OP can I invite/tell my friend$ too? grin grin thanks
Re: Are You Capable Of This? by Sexxkillz: 11:09pm On Jun 09, 2015
misssclassy:

Whether the love I felt is dead and buried is no ones business and you have no proof to state such claim.
One thing is certain though. True love abounds and flourishes when it is sustained and reciprocated. When it isn't reciprocated it loses it's value and it fades away.

Yes true love can be tested through marriage but marriage isn't the only means by which it can be tested.

The love you felt is long dead and buried. You attested to that fact.

I agree that true love abounds and flourishes when it is sustained and reciprocated, no one is arguing about that.
Marriage is the only way it can be tested, as that is the only ground on which love should even be tested in the first place.

The bf/gf period is the dating and courtship period where both parties are supposed to be getting to know each other and their compatibility levels, not testing for true love.

How do you test for true love among people who haven't even made up their minds to be together till death puts them apart? On what basis are they being tested?
Re: Are You Capable Of This? by ronald4lif(m): 11:12pm On Jun 09, 2015
Sexxkillz:
That to me, is stupidity. No one can claim to be truly in love with someone the aren't married to, therefore, the idea of a premonition of who they'll fall in love with before meeting them is prime foolishness.

The media is to blame partly for this nonsense. I also blame people for not engaging their thinking abilities before wholly swallowing what the media feeds them.

Your first paragraph is exactly my point. Let poll posers conduct a research on single people seeking for a new partner you'd be amazed to their response and who they are looking out for to strike up a relationship with. The standards they've already set in when they're yet to meet the person invalidates "true" in love.

When people says their man/woman to-be must be tall, fair/black, academician, wealthy etc they have set a standard and priorities before loving someone or embarking on a relationship. In light of this, love is circumstantiable, reliant and conditional. In all honesty, how can one call something true/real when there are contingencies?.

Although, I don't subscribe to true love as it doesn't exist. When married I might not consider such option - topic related. Not going to consider it because of true love or whatever that means but rather because of the commitment and vows made and most likely for the kids sake. If true love isn't achievable and questionable in a relationship, marriage won't change it neither would it guarantee it.
Re: Are You Capable Of This? by Donann: 11:14pm On Jun 09, 2015
misssclassy:

Have you heard true life stories of people that willingly gave their lives for people they loved? If you haven't, well I have.
Now if such person would surrender his life, something he valued most, something he knows he would never get back for someone he loved, if faced with this particular dilemma, don't you think he would still chose his lover?
If someone can give up his life, why can't he give up money?

There is a stage the love you feel for someone would reach it overwhelms you and controls you. You become a slave to it's power. A stage where you would put that person first before anything else. You just begin to live just for that person.

This sort of love is not common. It's not the kind we see everyday. But is achievable and It is built gradually.
*In ajebo'$ voice* why you too dey lie like this, e good for your eyes, e good for your eyes!!! grin grin
Re: Are You Capable Of This? by GeneralQuamdeen: 11:35pm On Jun 09, 2015
I trust Muji herself... She will call me a fool for not collectinq it.
Re: Are You Capable Of This? by kinglekan: 11:37pm On Jun 09, 2015
Sexxkillz:
To put this in a clearer perspective, if you earn 1,000,000 naira monthly, 1 million US dollars is your salary for the next 16 years and 6 months!

I should give it up because of a girl?

cheesy cheesy
Re: Are You Capable Of This? by kinglekan: 11:40pm On Jun 09, 2015
beautycrush24:

Its easy for u to say cos d money is not right in front of u. U've tasted true love but u've not had a million dollars so u cant compare yet.

#Gbam!!! Touche!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Are You Capable Of This? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jun 09, 2015
Sexxkillz:
The love you felt is long dead and buried. You attested to that fact.

I agree that true love abounds and flourishes when it is sustained and reciprocated, no one is arguing about that.
Marriage is the only way it can be tested, as that is the only ground on which love should even be tested in the first place.

The bf/gf period is the dating and courtship period where both parties are supposed to be getting to know each other and their compatibility levels, not testing for true love.

How do you test for true love among people who haven't even made up their minds to be together till death puts them apart? On what basis are they being tested?

Since you are using marriage as a benchmark for testing genuine love, are you saying that all marriages that are still standing are doing so on the basis of the genuine love between both partners?
The answer is No.
Most times it's just as a result of other reasons such as the sake of their children, how they would be perceived by their religious institutions they belong especially the ones that kick against divorce..etc
The love they shared has already been long lost.

However, two people could be genuinely in love but due to certain factors, not be able to get married, but yet,the love they feel for each other would be able to wax strong in front of opposition.

Let's take for example two people who love each other but can't stay together because of their religious differences. If they both decide to defy their religion, families and lives they had and run away to live alone in a far away country, and after traveling to this country to live together, one of them suddenly dies on the first day of arrival.
Now since you can't use marriage as a scale to judge, would you still say that they weren't genuinely in love with each other, after all they did?

You made a comment that if you were married, you would never leave your wife for anything. Would you be doing that because you love her or because of the vow you made to be together?
Re: Are You Capable Of This? by ronald4lif(m): 11:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
misssclassy:

Since you are using marriage as a benchmark for testing genuine love, are you saying that all marriages that are still standing are doing so on the basis of the genuine love between both partners?
The answer is No.
Most times it's just as a result of other reasons such as the sake of their children, how they would be perceived by their religious institutions they belong especially the ones that kick against divorce..etc
The love they shared has already been long lost.

However, two people could be genuinely in love but due to certain factors, not be able to get married, but yet,the love they feel for each other would be able to wax strong in front of opposition.

Let's take for example two people who love each other but can't stay together because of their religious differences. If they both decide to defy their religion, families and lives they had and run away to live alone in a far away country, and after traveling to this country to live together, one of them suddenly dies on the first day of arrival.
Now since you can't use marriage as a scale to judge, would you still say that they weren't genuinely in love with each other, after all they did?

You made a comment that if you were married, you would never leave your wife for anything. Would you be doing that because you love her or because of the vow you made to be together?

Madam, what exactly is this true love you've been blustering about?. Can you love someone who's disable, illiterate or a pauper .
Re: Are You Capable Of This? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
Donann:
OP can I invite/tell my friend$ too? grin grin thanks
of course sir grin
Re: Are You Capable Of This? by Nobody: 12:01am On Jun 10, 2015
Sexxkillz:
Would you prefer me to lie to make you girls happy?

1 million dollars = 200,000,000 naira.

That money split into 2 is 100,000,000 naira for us both. . . People who aren't married. There is no legal contract binding us.

Good business.

A lot of girls will poison their boyfriends for 10 million naira, not to talk of 200,000,000 million.
grin
Re: Are You Capable Of This? by WINDSOW(m): 12:01am On Jun 10, 2015
misssclassy:

Have you heard true life stories of people that willingly gave their lives for people they loved? If you haven't, well I have.
Now if such person would surrender his life, something he valued most, something he knows he would never get back for someone he loved, if faced with this particular dilemma, don't you think he would still chose his lover?

There is a stage the love you feel for someone would reach it overwhelms you and controls you. You become a slave to it's power. A stage where you would put that person first before anything else. You just begin to live just for that person.

This sort of love is not common. It's not the kind we see everyday. But is achievable and It is built gradually.
Ladies n gentle men.Lemme formally introduce the LIENUX MBA of our tym
MissClasssssssssssssssssy!!!

Standing Ovation.
Love ko,Lovina ni#Yimu @ U

3 Likes

Re: Are You Capable Of This? by Nobody: 12:04am On Jun 10, 2015
snadguy007:

baba oo cheesy

1 Like

Re: Are You Capable Of This? by WINDSOW(m): 12:06am On Jun 10, 2015
beautycrush24:

Its easier said than done bae
I like U.U are realistic n truthful.
Keep it up unlike misssclasssy.
Re: Are You Capable Of This? by Nobody: 12:07am On Jun 10, 2015
Deejavuu:

Real talk.. most people are just commenting because the cash isn't staring at them..

Btw i like your siggy..
And mine too bah grin
Re: Are You Capable Of This? by kinglekan: 12:14am On Jun 10, 2015
misssclassy:

Well what you described there sounds more like a spell or some sort of enchantment.

Control? Slave? Definitely not what love does to a person.

Love is a powerful force no doubt, but despite that, one has to make a concious effort to walk in love.

Emotions on the other hand could control and be misinterpreted as love.
Plus it is very possible to be a slave to your emotions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Guys In The House, Do You Regret Getting Married / Russian Soldier Proposes To Girlfriend With 16 Tanks Forming Heart Shape / The arshawo I fûcked Told Me I Will See, Now This Is Happening To Me.PLS Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.