Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,102 members, 7,811,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR (70777 Views)

IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential / Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) / 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by lyntiffany(f): 12:09pm On Jun 18, 2015
NoreenUG:

whistle blowers? you mean talking drum beaters? grin

[img]http://www..ng/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/2397277_worldtallestdrum1c.jpeg[/img]
girl you bad whalai.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 18, 2015
Ekiti. N0.0028

Greatest Assets: Thugs, miscreants, et al
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by codedguy1(m): 12:14pm On Jun 18, 2015
opososu:
Wow bayelsa made it

Even me sef tire. IGR from where?
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by TS2(m): 12:17pm On Jun 18, 2015
Akwa Ibom and Bayelsa are a disgrace.

With all the oil money and small population, see the meagre IGR. So what do they spend all the oil money and high allocations from govt on? Mr Biggs?
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 18, 2015
soulhighman:

Tell the non yorubas to go back to their states then, so they can generate IGR for their state and not Lagos. After all,Lagos never begged them to come and help generate IGR.

Typical yoruba man....talks carelessly like Oba Akiolu.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by ideynl1: 12:18pm On Jun 18, 2015
GarrisonCommand:
Where is Imo state? Hotels and prostitution gives a lot money too, their IGR should be top on the list. wink

Useless driver you've come with your chronic madness to cause division.

Fooli.sh husband of Chinonye who can't read that Imo figure was not provided.

Agent of division among Igbos.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by NewsHub: 12:23pm On Jun 18, 2015
Macelliot:
Where is Kano state? With the high FG allocation it receives monthly.
The post is talking about Internally Generated Revenue(IGR) and not Federal allocation. IGR is money a state generates by itself...money made within.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by NewsHub: 12:26pm On Jun 18, 2015
Macelliot:
Among the top 10, Enugu state is the best...
Why is Enugu state receiving the smallest FG allocation than the other 9 states, whereas it generates more than expected..
It is not IGR that determines Federal allocation.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by NoreenUG(f): 12:27pm On Jun 18, 2015
elijah2u:
go Thru It Again, I Can See Osun With #8.5bn

we're talking top 10 here bros.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by mmsen: 12:29pm On Jun 18, 2015
ocelot2006:

It's more than just taxation. What of income from govt-owned corporations?

The majority would be taxation.

Most states realise that industry should be run by the private sector.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Blueeyedboi(m): 12:29pm On Jun 18, 2015
Setaje:

Tsheeeeeeeew.
..Act like a grown-up girl en stop being rude..smh for the two deluded folks that liked your post.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by peeta89(m): 12:29pm On Jun 18, 2015
Realist5:
Osun state? Where are you?
Osun state is in Aregesola government house.

2 Likes

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by peeta89(m): 12:30pm On Jun 18, 2015
codedguy1:

Even me sef tire. IGR from where?
IGR from kidnapping and other vices.

1 Like

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Ajalekoko76(m): 12:31pm On Jun 18, 2015
Only Kaduna from Northern region enter 1st - 10th. No wonder Oyinbo(Colonial Masters) told them to hold on to political power because the Southern region has economy power.

All these IGR should translate to better living,if not it makes no sense.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by ideynl1: 12:32pm On Jun 18, 2015
GarrisonCommand:
Chidiebere the b.astard son of an okadaman. When next are u gonna eat chicken with ur poor parents again?

Let me pull out that pix. cheesy

I thought you said you can unmask people behind NL handle?

Foolll. You started by saying I'm Abagworo, later you said I'm Collins, now I'm chidiebere.

You go call tire. Mad chauffeur.

I wonder how a supposed man of over 40 years would be acting like a kid on the internet. You need serious deliverance and I pity your wife

1 Like

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by soulhighman(m): 12:33pm On Jun 18, 2015
new2020:

Typical yoruba man....talks carelessly like Oba Akiolu.
And you are a typical IBO......? man full of pride and hates the truth.

5 Likes

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by peeta89(m): 12:33pm On Jun 18, 2015
peeta89:
Osun state is in Aregesola government house.
Osun state is in Aregbesola's government house.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by mrintelligent(m): 12:34pm On Jun 18, 2015
Macelliot:
Where is Kano state? With the high FG allocation it receives monthly.

Do you know the difference between IGR and FG Allocation? just asking
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by ibknaanii(m): 12:38pm On Jun 18, 2015
Lagos is Bleep**g rich, all the Sum on the list without Lagos is #134.8 nt even up to Lagos IGR, but hw come lagos have the highest dept of all the state too. Maybe it is like dis: The higher D IGR D higher D Dept. Just Saying
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by wiseoneking: 12:42pm On Jun 18, 2015
bogolobango:
Lagooner make una see una life oyo state with rusted roof nd ogun generates more revenue than anambra nd u guys to claim its the most industrious state in nigeria

Chaii i don forget lagos grin

Proudly south westerner
Cant you see Enugu ahead of your Oyo and co. Note again that you have a huge internally generated revenue means that you are far better than states that are lower. Even the GDP of any state does not determine the state of development of any state or standard of living of the people. Nigeria is the largest economy in Africa and among 25 largest in the world but she is among the poorest in the world with one of the worst standard and infrastruactuary deficit in the world. Thats is why country like tunisia, south africa, eypty, botswana, libya can be terme a wealthier nations than nigeria. I think that the weathiest states in Naija are Akwaibom, lagos, Anambra, Delta and rivers state. Others can follow. Bayelsa and ogun should have come along but mismanagement of the allocation in Balyelsa and lack of vision in ogun state to take the advantage of nearness to lagos is hampering their development. In my first five wealthy state above, i still have some issues with rivers state noth withstanding that Portharcourt is the 3rd most important city in Nigeria after lagos and Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by EMANY01(m): 12:43pm On Jun 18, 2015
ocelot2006:

Not only the oil coys, but Lagos is west Africa's financial and commercial hub. So revenue generated from taxation and other royalties will be quite substantial, even if these oil coys are relocated to the ND.

I said half mind you.

I READILY agree that its not only oil (before some tribal bigot jump on my case) but that oil business is tied to a lot of businesses and opportunities (too numerous to mention) that were drawn to Lagos , by virtue of the oil HQ's .

IT and financial services anchored in Lagos to serve and profit from the Oil players their branching out to serve other aspects of the economy was incidental.Before the telco revolution, IT firms like GS Telecom,and indeed Computer warehouse made their numbers from the oil cos and NNPC and then the banks and related institutions that proliferated to service the oil companies financially.

New companies and firms sprang up to provide services to (if not the Oil cos or the Telcos or the Banks directly then) then their people, personnel.So there goes the rise and proliferation of Real Estate services,Hotels, Electrical/mechanical/Civil contracting firms,catering ,even hospitals and related medical businesses and so on and so on.
Its kind of like Facebook's graph relationship algorithm model.Someday i will expend energy and time to document the branching tree relationship.

There are other factors too, most readily identified is(are) the port(s?) in lagos.The same relationships applies here.While i have always known this because i helped a friend of mine make connections to people within the National Bureau of Statistics when she was working on a project to use data analysis to explain the growth of business and investment opportunities in Nigeria ,specifically lagos for her dissertation, the reality of the numbers was brought home to me between this year and last when i had to make a lot of road trips home (Delta).

The sheer numbers of trucks on any given day, carrying CLEAR AND IDENTIFIABLE OIL INDUSTRY HEAVY EQUIPMENT and other manufacturing industry heavy equipment(some of which were headed for the South East) all the way from Lagos (port(s) to the Niger Delta was mind numbing.
Most especially when you consider that these items could have been brought through any of the ports/related facilities on the Eastern side of the country cutting transshipment and logistics costs.

I don't see why till tomorrow afternoon,pipes(for pipelines), derricks and the likes would be shipped to Lagos, then trucked all the way to the eastern side of the country where they are actually required.

I don't have to draw the full picture for you , if you are as intelligent as i believe(know) you are you can "see" the branching relationships that gives Lagos its 200+ billion naira internal revenue and what the oil companies relocating as well as the soon-coming Ibom port can do for the IGR of the NG/SE states.

NB:Before i get lynched, that is not to say that Lagos will be run down afterwards ,it will not , because it already has a head start and will always factor when investment decisions about Nigeria is to be made but maybe not factor as largely as before.
All in all that can't be a bad thing or can it ?
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Setaje(f): 12:52pm On Jun 18, 2015
Blueeyedboi:
..Act like a grown-up girl en stop being rude..smh for the two deluded folks that liked your post.

I think u have issues and u are the one deluded. He made a stupid statement and I asked him for evidence and warned him not to include me in any tribal thing. He quickly changed his statement and I hissed. How did I act like a child? Keep your advise to yourself.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by wiseoneking: 12:53pm On Jun 18, 2015
GarrisonCommand:
Chidiebere aka customized13 aka ideynl1, why were you rejoicing over a N2 chicken? Is that you don't know when next your useless father will buy the next one or what? cheesy cheesy
How old are you?. Behave maturely in this forum. You are too abusive.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Chukwutobi: 12:57pm On Jun 18, 2015
Ephemmm:

it is only an uninformed people like you that believe that internal revenue wholly belongs to state government. Besides, the allocation of Akwa Ibom is more than Lagos: why did you fail to recognize this?

Oooh, I see...
Have you also forgot that Lagos state is the most indebted state in Nigeria?
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by superstar1(m): 12:58pm On Jun 18, 2015
EMANY01:

I said half mind you.

I READILY agree that its not only oil (before some tribal bigot jump on my case) but that oil business is tied to a lot of businesses and opportunities (too numerous to mention) that were drawn to Lagos , by virtue of the oil HQ's .

IT and financial services anchored in Lagos to serve and profit from the Oil players their branching out to serve other aspects of the economy was incidental.Before the telco revolution, IT firms like GS Telecom,and indeed Computer warehouse made their numbers from the oil cos and NNPC and then the banks and related institutions that proliferated to service the oil companies financially.

New companies and firms sprang up to provide services to (if not the Oil cos or the Telcos or the Banks directly then) then their people, personnel.So there goes the rise and proliferation of Real Estate services,Hotels, Electrical/mechanical/Civil contracting firms and so on and so on.
Its kind of like Facebook's graph relationship algorithm model.Someday i will expend energy and time to document the branching tree relationship.

There are other factors too, most readily identified is(are) the port(s?) in lagos.The same relationships applies here.While i have always known this because i helped a friend of mine make connections to people within the National Bureau of Statistics when she was working on a project to use data analysis to explain the growth of business and investment opportunities in Nigeria ,specifically lagos for her dissertation, the reality of the numbers was brought home to me between this year and last when i had to make a lot of road trips home (Delta).

The sheer numbers of trucks carrying CLEAR AND IDENTIFIABLE OIL INDUSTRY HEAVY EQUIPMENT and other manufacturing industry heavy equipment(some of which were headed for the South East) all the way from Lagos (port(s) to the Niger Delta was mind numbing.
Most especially when you consider that these items could have been brought through any of the ports/related facilities on the Eastern side of the country cutting transshipment and logistics costs.

I don't see why till tomorrow afternoon,pipes(for pipelines), derricks and the likes would be shipped to Lagos, then trucked all the way to the eastern side of the country where they are actually required.

I don't have to draw the full picture for you , if you are as intelligent as i believe(know) you are you can "see" the branching relationships that gives Lagos its 200+ billion naira internal revenue and what the oil companies relocating as well as the soon-coming Ibom port can do for the IGR of the NG/SE states.

The 3 biggest Financial Centres of the world, do not have oil revenue, and they command a substantial amount of financing of the oil sectors in the world.

London, New York and Hong Kong.

The same is with Lagos. If you relocate the HQ of oil majors to Timbuktu or Torah Borah mountain, Lagos will still always be financing them and the taxes on such deals, will still be paid in Lagos.

There are functional ports in Warri, Onne and Calabar. Why are the importers from SE and SS not making use of them.

The truth is importers are at the mercy of the freighters and the freighters will tell you the port they are going to and the ones they won't go to. Ask importers, they will confirm this.

Usage of those ports can only be possible if SE businessmen can enter into agreement with major freighters to be plying those ports.

Apart from that, it's a very long thing.

5 Likes

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by klevjey: 12:59pm On Jun 18, 2015
hitamilion:
Lagos be baba
yes..d ibos making d money for them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Protesters Take Over The Roads At Ojuelegba (Pictured) / Governor Ishaku Crossed Gada Mayo To Visit Remote Areas In Taraba / #EndSARS: Davido Protests On Top Of A Fuel Tanker (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.