Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians (82890 Views)

Can I Change My BVN Picture? / CBN Extends BVN Registration For Armed Forces / BVN: No More Deadline Extension, CBN Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by BJ4REEL(m): 2:14pm On Jun 21, 2015
ibkgab001:
this afternoon was a bad moment at the ATM SEE THE PICTURES BELOW

Revealing those 16 digits number on your card can make your account vulnerable to fraudulent attacks/deductions from yahoo scammers and the likes.

Maybe you dont know sha, better pull the first pic down.

Shalom.
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by mikron(m): 2:22pm On Jun 21, 2015
the bile says in the last days without the number you will not be able to buy or sell lest u have the number (the number of the beast), now atm machines now reject cards of customers without the bank verification number (BVN), is this not the number the bible warn us about? now we are being forced to go get this number. i have not gone to collect because of this inner fear i have of this number which i suspect to be this biblical dreaded number. God help us
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by mikron(m): 2:22pm On Jun 21, 2015
the number of the beast
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by gbaskiboy: 2:28pm On Jun 21, 2015
benedictnsi:
Pls i wish to know when this BVN will end, i have not done mine yet..... Pls let anyone with a useful info quote me.....

Cos i have a little amount (in DANGOTE'S view) buh big amount that should not be messed up with.

Thanks

June 30 2015
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by Chigold101(m): 2:32pm On Jun 21, 2015
bigass:

Without BVN you will not be able to any financial transaction not just Third party
ma‘am i am writing with inside information. Not what i read from paper.
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by Cargoed: 2:33pm On Jun 21, 2015
I will repeat there is nothing like this in US or Uk.

Please prove me wrong?

Don't say it is like SS or NI tell me where in US or UK, where a bank has access to your bio data.

Please am waiting...

A lot of people don't know how powerful fundamental human rights is in those countries and they come here to talk rubish

we have already given our finger to the govt they should be the only custodians of such data.

1 Like

Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by BABANGBALI: 2:48pm On Jun 21, 2015
Abeg time never reach to break fast?hnger dey ma ma me o
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by roob: 3:08pm On Jun 21, 2015
Ayokunle13:
the bvn issue is just another means to disturb people. why is it that we will always have one policy to bring up. thieves know themselves (politicians) why disturbing the labourers (masses). sometimes in this country we have to go against some of their policies or else dem go say make we come collect mark of the beast by force
NASO IT WILL BE IN THE FUTURE... NO 666 , NO TRANSACTION....
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by eliwa47(m): 3:37pm On Jun 21, 2015
ibkgab001:
sorry ibkgab, this bvn has been on for a very long time, pls bro go n do it, have done mine over 3months in uba, n it didn't take 10mins.
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by jidowu84: 3:43pm On Jun 21, 2015
eliwa47:

sorry ibkgab, this bvn has been on for a very long time, pls bro go n do it, have done mine over 3months in uba, n it didn't take 10mins.
So we should all rush at whatever policy they bring our way like fowls wey them trow corn abi? U av done it. Good for you. Me i will not do it. I will keep my money inside my house. Shikena!
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by Image123(m): 3:52pm On Jun 21, 2015
Yes, we're almost set for the period of great tribulation. That's how you won't be able to complete transactions then without the mark of the beast. Testing testing get ready. Jesus is coming.

1 Like

Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by adekunletosin(m): 3:53pm On Jun 21, 2015
I DONT KNOW WHY THESE BANKS ARE DISTURBING NIGERIAN OVER BVN OOO.... THE REQUIREMENT ON THIS BVN FORM... DONT THEY HAVE THEM ALREADY IN THEIR CUSTOMERS DATA CAPTURED BEFORE OPENING ACCOUNT WITH THEM... ME AM JUST PISSED OFF OVER THIS BVN SERIOUSLY...WHAT IS SPECIAL THERE...THAT THEY CANNOT FORWARD THIS BVN TO CUSTOMERS SO FAR THEY ARE REGISTERED CUSTOMERS. MAY BE ANYONE CAN ENLIGHTEN ME IF AM NOT GETTING THINGS BEHIND THE BVN... THANKS
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by stevecantrell: 4:05pm On Jun 21, 2015
Governments issue social security not banks.
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by ddjay: 4:53pm On Jun 21, 2015
ibkgab001:
Are you a learner,CLEAN/PAINT THAT ATM CARD NUMBERS (3 SMALL NUMBERS INCLUDED)
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by bigass(f): 5:00pm On Jun 21, 2015
Chigold101:
ma‘am i am writing with inside information. Not what i read from paper.

There is nothing insider information about what you are writing. So you are saying dividend warrants wont be issued? cheques wont be issued? if you do your BVN, you will be able to carry out third party transaction. We are not in a jungle where such info about cheques not being issue will not be communicated to the public but left as" insider information". FYI there is no policy of CBN that is not communicated to the General Public. You dont just wake up and hear cheques are no longer issue-able
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by bigass(f): 5:04pm On Jun 21, 2015
stevecantrell:
Governments issue social security not banks.
If govt has done that part, banks wont take it upon themselves to do this
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by Emekasmart(m): 5:12pm On Jun 21, 2015
redsquare:

BVN registration will close on 30th of June aaccording to CBN but I believe that it will be extended because more than 50% of bank customers are yet to enroll.
I hav my verification number now so pls wat's the next step to take cos am a novice..
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by ALISMILE(m): 5:17pm On Jun 21, 2015
Tomjazzy2:
read it again, this time try and put off that cigarette grin
u must b a funny guy! U tink I don't ve brains?
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by 9jatatafo(m): 5:23pm On Jun 21, 2015
benedictnsi:
Pls i wish to know when this BVN will end, i have not done mine yet..... Pls let anyone with a useful info quote me.....

Cos i have a little amount (in DANGOTE'S view) buh big amount that should not be messed up with.

Thanks

End of this month (June) you better go and get yours before 30th of June)
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by TheAdvocate(m): 5:29pm On Jun 21, 2015
Walahi yu don show ur ATM numbers to the scammers. Just go and block ur ATM now. I dey warn yu o! Ur last 4 digits are always ur code to info from the bank.
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 21, 2015
Ayokunle13:
the bvn issue is just another means to disturb people. why is it that we will always have one policy to bring up. thieves know themselves (politicians) why disturbing the labourers (masses). sometimes in this country we have to go against some of their policies or else dem go say make we come collect mark of the beast by force

ROTGLMFAO!!
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by alexis2: 6:01pm On Jun 21, 2015
Cpumping:
It is wa.
Maka chukwu, awee break dat atm. My money kwa.
BVN ko BAT ni

do NOT used Lords name in vain
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by GodMode: 6:18pm On Jun 21, 2015
Cargoed:

Please prove me wrong?

Don't say it is like SS or NI tell me where in US or UK, where a bank has access to your bio data.

Please am waiting...

A lot of people don't know how powerful fundamental human rights is in those countries and they come here to talk rubish

we have already given our finger to the govt they should be the only custodians of such data.

Nigeria is their experiment ground... The leaders are their puppets...
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by onajo2000(m): 6:32pm On Jun 21, 2015
bigass:

The world is changing and we must embrace it.
BVN is our Social Security number. In many countries if you don't have social security number you cant open account.
It is here to stay. i can tell you that even if its postponed,the postponement wont be long.

The BVN is like a security number dat belongs only to u. Any other account u have must be register with dat number so dat people working in so many places at same time will be fix out
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by juwoonn(m): 6:44pm On Jun 21, 2015
how long does it take GTBank to send BVN?
2 weeks now and I haven't received their text
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by onajo2000(m): 6:46pm On Jun 21, 2015
Cargoed:

Please prove me wrong?

Please am waiting...

Initially banks in US and UK were not using it but now they solely depends on it....read this from wiki.

In the United States, a Social Security number (SSN) is a nine-digit number issued to U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and temporary (working) residents under section 205(c)(2) of the Social Security Act, codified as 42 U.S.C. § 405(c)(2). The number is issued to an individual by the Social Security Administration, an independent agency of the United States government. Although its primary purpose is to track individuals for Social Security purposes,[1] the Social Security number has become a de facto national identification number for taxation and other purposes.

A Social Security number may be obtained by applying on Form SS-5, Application for A Social Security Number Card.

The original purpose of this number was to track individuals' accounts within the Social Security program. It has since come to be used as an identifier for individuals within the United States, although rare errors occur where duplicates do exist. As numbers are now assigned by the central issuing office of the SSA, it is unlikely that duplication will ever occur again. A few duplications did occur when prenumbered cards were sent out to regional SSA offices and (originally) Post Offices.

Employee, patient, student, and credit records are sometimes indexed by Social Security number. The U.S. Armed Forces has used the Social Security number as an identification number for the Army and Air Force since July 1, 1969, the Navy and Marine Corps since January 1, 1972, and the Coast Guard since October 1, 1974.[11] Previously, the United States military used a much more complicated system of service numbers.
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 21, 2015
June24th:
Waste of Seun's precious space... abi na small pikin dey worry u??
na overjoy oh... sign of big things to come
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by seunlayi(m): 7:09pm On Jun 21, 2015
[size=28pt]Op, first thing tomorrow morning, go and report that your card as lost card because you have expressed it otherwise, what you did can make you cry in the future. never again you expose those numbers

[/size]

1 Like

Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by Cargoed: 7:16pm On Jun 21, 2015
@onajo2000 and others
Please tell me where in US the banks register your social security for you.

We have a national ID and they have our bio data we have our voters card and they have our bio data.

So why are banks now collecting it all from afresh

Stop lying banks in the US do not register your Social security for you stop misleading people here.

Maybe you don't understand the risk.
To work in Government data department has a higher security clearance than banks without any connection to money. just who the person is.

Now you allow banks with less security clearance to have access to biodata with the increased risk of connecting it to funds.

All this is so that MasterCard and visa can lend you money but our government should be wiser. if our citizens fall into huge depts it can bring down our economy. Or they want to produce fingerprint ATM.

Banks should do know your customer not all this data rubish . Imagine a hacker get a hold of this our entire nation biodatabase is gone
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by acemiliano(m): 7:42pm On Jun 21, 2015
Ayokunle13:
Not even by force but,queuing up for so long and demanding that they just give it you at once.They just used the BVN to test their hypothesis,in order to see how people will react about it.They forced me to get the BVN by refusing me to withdraw from my account and people couldn't protest.I believe very soon they start to luring people to receive the mark of the BEAST by hook or crook because, their hypothesis has been working for them.I pray that masses should protest next time they come with their drastic policies
Re: See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 21, 2015
Ruq:

Ok, but that's enough reason why it's cant close, they will always be new accounts to open except we won't haveto get it through the bank.

Oga. Bvn is not tied to an account number.

You only need to do it once and it reportsin the system of all banks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Where To Buy Electronics In Germany? / Forex Trade Alerts - Season 3 / What's Happening On The Lekki Axis?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.