Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,911 members, 7,956,427 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:45 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (220) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (552008 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nnamdistan: 1:26am On Jun 03, 2011
please who has gone through the visa emergency date process? how does it work? thanks.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by trancophon: 2:56am On Jun 03, 2011
Hello house,

I'm a fall applicant as well and here's hoping for the best for us all.

WARYZ:

Guys i went to dat place where u choose date at Τ̅he u.s site,bt when i clickd the apply now,i had to fill a form about my passport number and sevis number,bt wen i finishd filling the form it did not show me where i will choose the date.please people shed more light and pls fast cuz i have to get a date by middle july.please every body help M̶̲̅ε̲̣ fast.

Th place for selecting a date doesn't pop up automatically. Look on the left side of the page and select one of the options. Cheers
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by smoothsail: 6:19am On Jun 03, 2011
@nnamdistan: Well it's not difficult, all you just have to do is to email either Abuja or Lagos consulate depending on the one you prefer and they will reply you and fix you up with a date. Hopely the format below can help. You should also scan the first page of your I-20 and attach it with the email The Subject of the email goes like this

"REQUEST FOR EMERGENCY INTERVIEW"

Content of the email:

Dear Consular,

I was admitted to xxxxxx xxxxx State University, xxxxxx as an undergraduate student for Fall 2011 session and I have tried scheduling an interview for the F-1 visa via the "cgifederal.secure.force.com" site for the past few days to no avail. The response I get from the site is 'interview date not currently available'.

In view of this, I will like to request for an emergency interview for a student F-1 visa at the US Embassy. This will avail me the opportunity to resume by early Jxxxxx to attend mandatory meetings scheduled for international students.

I have gotten my I-20 and made payments for all required fees. Some required information are as follows:
Name: xxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx
Passport No: Axxxxxxx
VFS receipt No: 1xxxxxx
SEVIS: N000xxxxxxxx
SEVIS Receipt No: AAAxxxxxxxx
Mobile: 08xxxxxxxxx

Please permit me to further state my preference for Jxxxxxxx 6th - 10th, 2011. However, this is subject to your discretion.

Looking forward to getting the anticipated favorable response.

Regards

emails of the Consulate
Abuja: ConsularAbuja@state.gov
Lagos: LagosStudentVisas@state.gov

Hope this will help.

<<<<<<Smooth Sailz grin>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<Don't Lose Guard tongue>>>>>>>>>>
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by keneyinks: 7:54am On Jun 03, 2011
Hello house. I was went for my visa interview in abuja on wednesday and i was given. it was a young lady that interview me. This was how it goes.

CON: morning
ME:: morning, how are you doing today
CON: fine thanks
CON: what program are you going for
Me: told her
COn: why cant you do it here
Me: gave her reasons why i wan to go for the program in the US
CON: who is sponsoring you
ME: told her my mum
CON: any bank statement
Me: gave her, she just check the balance only
Con: go and pick your visa at this address
ME: thank you

Learning point

1 pray for God favour
2 don't appear ignorant, knws alot about the program you are going for and what you have got to gain in the US
3 you have to be very bold and look at the consular in the eyes confidently

Thanks to evryone who has contributed in the topic mostly to the guys who start up this tread.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by iamwhoiam(f): 8:08am On Jun 03, 2011
keneyinks:

Hello house. I was went for my visa interview in abuja on wednesday and i was given. it was a young lady that interview me. This was how it goes.

Learning point

1 pray for God favour
2 don't appear ignorant, knws alot about the program you are going for and what you have got to gain in the US

Thanks to evryone who has contributed in the topic mostly to the guys who start up this tread.

congratulations keneyinks so happy 4 u,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nnamdistan: 10:28am On Jun 03, 2011
Thanks Smoothsail. Apparently your format is useful though the process of applying has changed. This is now the new format, I gather: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-emergencyappointment.html

Also, if anyone has any questions on the visa application process, reasonable questions, you can access the US Embassy Officials using live chat at: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-main-contactus.html.

They have been invaluable.

Congrats keneyinks. Man, you had a swell time and an easy one too.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 2:21pm On Jun 03, 2011
keneyinks:

Learning point

1 pray for God favour

One of those smooth interview I've seen here. I thank God for you man. God, let mine be even cheaper than this on my day. Amen!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 3:08pm On Jun 03, 2011
guys i am vry sorry to make you pple answer so many of ma silly questions bt pls do i need to pay the visa fee b4 i can get an appointment date? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecidedam sorry. embarassed
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 3:34pm On Jun 03, 2011
WARYZ:

guys i am vry sorry to make you pple answer so many of ma silly questions bt pls do i need to pay the visa fee b4 i can get an appointment date? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecidedam sorry. embarassed

Ah ah! YES. If not, everyone would have secured date before paying any kobo.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ichommy(m): 5:12pm On Jun 03, 2011
imperiouxx:

One of those smooth interview I've seen here. I thank God for you man. God, let mine be even cheaper than this on my day. Amen!

Guy congratulation, nice interview ever,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 8:30pm On Jun 03, 2011
Congrats Keneyinks,
Its good to know that members of the House have started getting Visas again.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dizyfrenzy(m): 9:34pm On Jun 03, 2011
thank God someone has gotten a visa o, its a good thing we are all praying for, and pls remember those of us going for interview this june in ur prayers pls, and am sure its gonna be good news all the way
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by next2TX: 9:38pm On Jun 03, 2011
ichommy:

Guy congratulation, nice interview ever,
o boi, wu kno like beta tin?? God make make my way/own easy 4 me ooo. Amen.!!! smiley smileysay amen nd get 1 free
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by next2TX: 9:44pm On Jun 03, 2011
Tonytone:

@next2tx
I really do not know if your question has been answered.
But this is the fact.
All you need to fill is the DS160 form.
Please, like i told told you before, be very careful what you fill in.
Biodata is very important.
Never fill in things that you arent sure of or do not have a 100% defense proof answers for.
What you need to hand over to the IO is just your I-20, Admission Letter and SEVIS.
Every other documents will be asked for if needed by the IO.
Goodluck buddie
oh, jus seein dis. Thnx dude. m still on track . u ve bn so 1daful wiv ur response. 1-luv.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Muyadek(m): 10:33pm On Jun 03, 2011
I need usa student visa. How may i be bailed out? You can get in touch wit me no this on:08183836999 or email me at muyadekol01@yahoo.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by syndikate: 8:21am On Jun 04, 2011
@mysterysng

Am sorry sir, l wld nt ask stupid questions again sir.

@house

Am going 4 my masters, admitted without GMAT/GRE which l did any way, l got 910 in GRE which is low wit a toefl scoce of 102 which is considerate. Can l show d consular both result if asked or simply give him my toefl only.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 8:34am On Jun 04, 2011
Muyadek:

I need usa student visa. How may i be bailed out? You can get in touch wit me no this on:08183836999 or email me at muyadekol01@yahoo.com  

Point of correct my guy, nobody here is a VO(visa officer). So we don't dash out visa. I'm afraid this contacts you left might attract you something else.

Just search for your choice course(not associate degree or part time course sa ooo) and schools in US. Then come back and ask questions on what is not clear to you about visa application. That's all we do here.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 8:45am On Jun 04, 2011
syndikate:

@mysterysng

Am sorry sir, l wld nt ask silly questions again sir.

@house

Am going 4 my masters, admitted without GMAT/GRE which l did any way, l got 910 in GRE which is low wit a toefl scoce of 102 which is considerate. Can l show d consular both result if asked or simply give him my toefl only.

mysterysng don't mean that, he is also trying to help. Hope you are clear with our response on booking date?

For the TOEFL, you show the VO when he ask for your standardize test scores. Concerning GRE, what your school don't required for admission shouldn't be given to the consular. Unless it is asked of you. Just take it along in case of unpredicted. Wishing you success when its time.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by syndikate: 10:16am On Jun 04, 2011
@imperiouxx

Tanks 4 ur responce, so ur saying dat wit dat low a score, it is safe 2 give d C/O d score if he ask 4 it.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 1WORLD1(m): 10:46am On Jun 04, 2011
Are you interested and ready to travel to Canada if yes then check this out
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-671363.0.html#msg8452432
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 10:50am On Jun 04, 2011
If he ask for your standardize score only give him the TOEFL as that's what is required for your admission. Unless he ask for other test scores.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 04, 2011
@ House:
I've been trying to book another visa interview appointment after my initial denial but my initial visa application fee receipt is still being listed on my page and it doesnt give me any provision to change the old receipt number to the new one and fixing a new interview date with d old receipt number would amount to fraud. Does anyone who has re-applied for a visa interview date know how I can get over this challenge? Thankz!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seal777(m): 12:54pm On Jun 04, 2011
Guys go dey wonder why i never come tell una wetin dey happen.

Una remember say dem refuse me for march and i booked another appointment for june 6th and also apply and received another i-20 form but as i dey follow una yan so i don cancel my interview because i don't think those circumstances that warrant my application then still exist.

I have invested in project/ business here within few months that it will be very stupid to leave that for study abroad considering the financial requirements and the need to nurture my biz here and continue my studies as well.

I wish all those who are still applying for visas best of luck to enable you get ur visas in record time or He should provide an alternative too juicy to leave for a study in the US.

AMEN.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mysterysng: 8:10pm On Jun 04, 2011
Hey Syndikate, sorry if the tone of my post sounded that way. DIdn't mean the question was silly, just was putting in my advise. I apologize!
@imperious, I am a girl!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by joanacan: 9:46pm On Jun 04, 2011
PLEASE WHAT IS PRESENTLY HAPPENING AT THE US EMBASSY,I ALREADY PAID FOR THE VISA FEE FOR THE PAST 4 MONTHS AND I HAVENT GOTTEN AN APPOINTMENT , IS THESE FOR REAL?
THE AGENT KEEP TELLING ME THAT US EMBASSY HAS INTERNAL PROBLEM AND SO BLAH poo OR IS HE SCAMMING ME , I ALREADY GAVE HIM UPFRONT ,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nairaspace: 12:53am On Jun 05, 2011
joanacan:

PLEASE WHAT IS PRESENTLY HAPPENING AT THE US EMBASSY,I ALREADY PAID FOR THE VISA FEE FOR THE PAST 4 MONTHS AND I HAVENT GOTTEN AN APPOINTMENT , IS THESE FOR REAL?
THE AGENT KEEP TELLING ME THAT US EMBASSY HAS INTERNAL PROBLEM AND SO BLAH poo OR IS HE SCAMMING ME , I ALREADY GAVE HIM UPFRONT ,

please dont get mad!!!

i am always blunt! why una dey mumu like this? which idiot agent? why dont u stick to the agent , than coming here to complain!! thank God u asked , "IS HE SCAMMING ME"? SIR, HE IS!!!

keneyinks:

Learning point

1 pray for God favour

the bolded part, do u think it is easy?

Success to those going for their interview this month! Yankee sweet ooo, but when coming, CARRY MONEY OOO,

****************<<>>><<<>> **************************
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by joanacan: 7:02am On Jun 05, 2011
I think you havent answered my Question ,does the appointment take so long like these anymore or i am just being fooled? , can you inbox me your number at susankelvin7@yahoo.com, i will be waiting
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by syndikate: 7:54am On Jun 05, 2011
@mysterysng

No wahala, so ur a babe? Hmmmmmmmm! Aw is ur admission process goin so far?

@joanacan

U nid 2 let ur so called agent be frank wit u. Have u set ur eye on ur i-20 and paid servis, if so, its best ul find an internet and book urself, over dis week l stil found ova 4 diff. slot 4 dis month of June, just b consistent wit d internet.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by joanacan: 7:56am On Jun 05, 2011
whats your number where i can reach you
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by smoothsail: 12:45pm On Jun 05, 2011
@Joanacan: You're still open to getting scammed again, why don't you just gather enough information, i bet, you can do this yourself, Tomde
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by smoothsail: 12:53pm On Jun 05, 2011
@syndikate: Please where did you get the app slot in? Abuja or Lagos, please update us about the appointment asap. it will be highly appreciated.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by syndikate: 1:03pm On Jun 05, 2011
From my regular study, on d site, u can hardly get a slot soon enough in Abj.

D slots iv bin c'in is in Lagos, especially on thurs l saw 10th wit some oda 2 slots 4 ova hrs b4 they where booked. Patients and persistance is wat it taks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (317)

Thread for South Korea prospective students / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.